Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 34567 142>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ShredbettyZoe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The get in better shape thread 06/01to 12/31/12
    Posted: Jun/29/2009 at 5:48am
Sounds good Dune, glad youre stoked on it.
Theres 2 hip machines. Adductor=push together, and Abductor=spread (if im not wrong).

Just remember when doing free weights you want to exhaust the muscle. so like on your last  rep you should be struggling, if 5lbs is enough to achieve that then thats cool. but there's really no point in lifting weight if you arent challenging your body.

I bet you're feeling it all over today :-P
Duneluder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Duneluder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2009 at 6:51am
Yeah, the adductor and the abductor, did both of em.

And surprisingly, I'm a little tired, but not hurting too bad, I'm sure that will change tomorrow, second day is always the worst for me...

rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local
Ready for the 2010 season!

Quote rocheezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2009 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Duneluder

Yeah, the adductor and the abductor, did both of em.

And surprisingly, I'm a little tired, but not hurting too bad, I'm sure that will change tomorrow, second day is always the worst for me...
I found that out playing rugby. Yes, I'm sore after the game, but then we drink at the social. I wake up the next day in pain, but the second day after the game was always the worst.

I could go to an RPM or lifting class in ten minutes, but I'm a bit exhausted...I could also work on thesis, but again...I think it's nap time.

whoops.
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2009 at 2:31pm
I go to the gym after work...
I park my car.
I notice i forgot my shoes. ugh I thought hell ill just do a couple free weights.
I meet up with my glaz. go to change.
forgot my sports bra (sports bras FTW!!!)
forgot my new gloves

just not my day... so we chit chatted and I left.

try again tomorrow.
Monday FAIL
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2009 at 3:35pm
I've been trying to cut back on how much I eat...so today I had breakfast and lunch as usual.  Then free food popped up and I grabbed and ate half a sandwich, a bag of potato chips, and 4 cookies for my mid afternoon "snack"...damn it!!!!
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2009 at 4:15pm
hahahaha Hana LOL sounds like something I would def do.
xX Burton Rid3r Xx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xX Burton Rid3r Xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2009 at 5:23pm
im tryin to cut down on what i eat also... but its too tempting when there is good food around
heischjr View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote heischjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2009 at 5:26pm
I think it is much harder in the summer time to have a clean diet.  Everyone always has cookouts with high carb side dishes with cookies and cakes.  Not to mention the warm weather makes the beer taste so good.
xX Burton Rid3r Xx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xX Burton Rid3r Xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2009 at 5:43pm

you do make a good point, normally in the winter time i stay in my house and just eat whats in the house.... at summer time, i find myself like goin to mcdonalds or somethin like that every 2 days

icymallard View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote icymallard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2009 at 8:52pm
im trying fats and protein.

but i get full quite easily...

Vengleelim View Drop Down
Local
Local
Epic!

Quote Vengleelim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2009 at 10:09pm
Just this last Saturday, my friends and I had a bbq, chicken and beef for lunch then 3 hours later we had steaks and corn for dinner. I must have put on like 5 lbs that day. 
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2009 at 10:17pm
did abs and cardio hard tonight. i feel tired and nautious. my post workout shower wasnt even enjoyable. i just wanna sleep right now.
Camber Is The New Rocker.
myke View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote myke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2009 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Vengleelim

Just this last Saturday, my friends and I had a bbq, chicken and beef for lunch then 3 hours later we had steaks and corn for dinner. I must have put on like 5 lbs that day. 

I had 4 lbs of slow smoked ribs in the last 2 days, along with a bunch of corn, salad, bread, mac and cheese, cookies, etc.

It's freakin awesome.

I don't know how you guys can diet.
LOL
I'm here for the gangbang....
choi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote choi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2009 at 3:08am
kinda upset that i havent had a real work out for a week now since work has been abundant
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote rocheezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2009 at 4:30am
I've only been to one cookout this summer, and I hate grocery shopping. I end up going out to eat a good amount...I've only had McDonald's two, maybe three times since Lent...all within the last few weeks and Burger King once.

I've been eating a little less, though, which is good...especially since I haven't been going to many fitness classes this past week.  I did just make a HUGE stack of pancakes though and loaded on the butter and syrup. (They all came out the same size, though!)
xxsweet_jen24xx View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2009 at 5:39am
Mmmmmh... pancakes! I'd love some pancakes right about now, but I'm staying strong, lol. I'll go enjoy my dry cereal now Confused

Today hubby and I are going to look for a new tv for our game room. Hopefully I can get in a good workout when we get home tonight. Then tomorrow morning I'm gonna wake up, mow the yard (which is a workout in itself, considering our backyard is sloped and I push mow it) and then go for a swim for a couple/few hours. I'll likely be completely exhausted afterwards, which I love!
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2009 at 5:41am
I took yesterday off from the gym due to the fact I partied like a Rock Star all weekend.  PT session today.
www.chargeharder.com
craigalicious View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2009 at 10:37am
Originally posted by xxsweet_jen24xx

Mmmmmh... pancakes! I'd love some pancakes right about now, but I'm staying strong, lol. I'll go enjoy my dry cereal now Confused

Today hubby and I are going to look for a new tv for our game room. Hopefully I can get in a good workout when we get home tonight. Then tomorrow morning I'm gonna wake up, mow the yard (which is a workout in itself, considering our backyard is sloped and I push mow it) and then go for a swim for a couple/few hours. I'll likely be completely exhausted afterwards, which I love!

can't your husband do that for ya?  lol jk!  LOL

Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2009 at 10:38am
i'll probably do an hour of cardio today followed by 30 min to an hour of lifting.  i've lost 5 lbs and a few percentages of body fat since i started! Big smile

rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote rocheezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2009 at 10:40am
Originally posted by craigalicious

lol. So seriously though...I wonder how much would be required to count as a full and balanced exercise routine.
Ellen View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Ellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2009 at 10:45am
so i started watching work out vids on youtube to get some pointers and learn some technique.. they really helped me out and they also gave me some ideas for new fun things to add to my work out as well. i really like  kim strothers vid for the ladys out there you should check them out

caught red handed
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2009 at 10:48am
Originally posted by rocheezy

lol. So seriously though...I wonder how much would be required to count as a full and balanced exercise routine.

http://www.sheknows.com/articles/807439.htm

i've heard that you can burn 1000 calories per our of sex.

giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2009 at 12:07pm
only if that hour is a two way street.
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2009 at 6:37pm

Haha, well of course!
maco View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
cant wait for the season to start

Quote maco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2009 at 10:08pm
Wow sounds like some of you guys really are careful about what you eat lol. What i do every day is longboard to the track run 16 laps and then go and buy a Mt. Dew. LOL and on Mon Wend Fri and Sundays i longboard to the gym after running and after that i go eat a happy meal and regain any all the fat i tryed to lose by working out! LOL
Capiiittaaaaaa .... Jesus that word fun to say
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2009 at 10:29pm
started 2 a days today.

hour of cardio in the morning, 30-45 of cardio at night and a half an hour of lifting

i'm trying to drop to 160, then build back up to 170 with muscle. i'm currently at 175-180 depending on the day
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 4:43am
Didn't end up getting to work out last night. I waited around on hubby until 5 before we got to go tv shopping because he had a migraine and couldn't get out of bed. Didn't want to workout at that point, because I had already taken a shower and gotten cleaned up to go. Then we didn't get home until 9, and didn't get the new tv completely setup with surround sound and everything until after 10, and then I was tired and ready to watch some tv in bed, lol.

Today I'm gonna mow the yard and then go for a swim for a few hours.
choi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote choi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 5:01am
^ a swim sounds good im thinking i should do the same
jayxprez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jayxprez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 5:15am
I'm honestly impressed by all this effort everyone puts in.  Clap
I'm blessed with good genes plus I'm really active since I work in a gym.  My buddy and I have a killer routine that I'd share with anyone who's interested.
Local
Local

Quote xxsweet_jen24xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 5:27am
Originally posted by choi

It's surprising how much of a workout swimming can be. I love it!
heischjr View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote heischjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 5:29am
I agree.  I have been trying to swim 100 laps a week to get my cardio in.  I would much rather swim than run or get on a machine.
MrStak View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Online
  Quote MrStak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 5:29am
Today I'm going to start the initial test for http://hundredpushups.com/

I've always wanted to be able to do 100 pushups in a row. One of those random goals that I set for myself way back when. Max I did was 70 back when I hit the gym a lot. Now its down to 40-50 probably. Hopefully I'll be able to hit 100.
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 5:43am
Okay warm ups are over today is the official kick off day of this thread!!!
www.chargeharder.com
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 5:45am
Originally posted by MrStak

Today I'm going to start the initial test for http://hundredpushups.com/

I've always wanted to be able to do 100 pushups in a row. One of those random goals that I set for myself way back when. Max I did was 70 back when I hit the gym a lot. Now its down to 40-50 probably. Hopefully I'll be able to hit 100.

i hit 100 when i was in high school.  beer ruined that... Tongue

choi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote choi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 9:54am

Originally posted by choi

It's surprising how much of a workout swimming can be. I love it!

so instead of my swim i decided to go lift and do my chest workout today.  maybe i can still get a swim in later. 

oh and after my workout i decided on a short run. that short run turned into a half mile race with a city bus which i lost by about 30 feet. damn
Mike.M View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
OUTSIDE MY DECK

Quote Mike.M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 11:12am
i think i just got a lifetime supply of protein!

the jug is HUGE!
Shakazulu View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Quote Shakazulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 11:23am
I'll have pictures up of me this weekend, moving and burried under work/lawsuits crap for a few days.  
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote rocheezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 11:28am
So I had a vegetable soup today, then a ton of brownie and fries. and it's a new month so I have to pay for my classes at the gym for the month. I also have to be back at work in about 30 minutes, so not much time to exercise today.
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 12:41pm
holy crap im so tired right now. i dont know how im supposed to make it to the gym after work.
maco View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
cant wait for the season to start

Quote maco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by giftedhands67

holy crap im so tired right now. i dont know how im supposed to make it to the gym after work.

Yeah i know the feeling... stupid football coaches keep on pushing us in weights class lol
dirtysouth View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 12:49pm
I jumped rope while grilling yesterday.
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 12:55pm
got my first hour of cardio and core in today.

bout 6 more hours and i'll be back for some more cardio and lifting.
destroyers.hot.wife View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
First Timer!!!

Quote destroyers.hot.wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 1:17pm
I love P90X,best shape of my life,and im training for a marathon!!!
XXOOXXOOXX
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 2:01pm

Do what I go.  Go home after work and nap.   Then get up and goto the gym. 

I used to go straight from work, but I've found I have more energy with my power naps.
heischjr View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote heischjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 3:03pm
I take a pre-workout supplement that contains caffeine and a few other stimulants to give me energy and endurance during my workouts.  You might want to try something along those lines if you find yourself needing motivation to workout.
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 3:07pm
I just walked around with my 5lb camera in hand for oh... 6 hours. and then walked for like half an hour with my 11+lb camera bag... my feet hurt like hell and im exhausted.
what a day :-D   (I was shooting a Canada Day event with BMX & Skateboarders)
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by 360faceplant

I used to go straight from work, but I've found I have more energy with my power naps.

haha im just about the opposite. if i go home, its harder for me to come back out. plus, the gym is closer on my way home from work, than it is to go home and then come back out. i was able to make it to the gym though, just did lower body and dragged myself on home..
choi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote choi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 3:36pm

Originally posted by 360faceplant

haha im just about the opposite. if i go home, its harder for me to come back out. plus, the gym is closer on my way home from work, than it is to go home and then come back out. i was able to make it to the gym though, just did lower body and dragged myself on home..

yeah once im home i aint goin back out for the gym
dbowles View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote dbowles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 3:38pm
I missed this thread some how.

me

5'8"

goal

170 (this has been my goal for awhile)

average daily caloric intake 4700
average burned  4400 (this may be off as working construction is not added in the equation)

Monday-friday
7am- 3:30 general laborer, ie, suck.

Monday
1 hour jiu jitsu rolling, 30 minutes kickboxing sparring

Front Squats 4x8
Step Up 4x8(each leg)
Wood chop, 1x8-10

Tuesday
1 hour jiu jitsu, 30 minutes Judo
Weighted Pull ups 4x8
Dumbbell BP 4x8
Weighted Chin up- 4x8
DB should press 4x8

Wednesday

1 hour jiu jitsu , 30min KB

Rest day for weights

Thursday
1 hour jiu jitsu

Front Squats 5x5
Step Up 5x5(each leg)
Wood chop, 1x8-10

Friday
1 hour JJ, 30 MMA sparring
Weighted Pull ups 5x5
Dumbbell BP 5x5
Weighted Chin up- 5x5
DB should press 5x5

Here is this weeks.

My blog.
Go there it's what the cool people are doing
djinhwan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote djinhwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2009 at 6:14pm
i quit going to the gym i realized you don't need it

i just got some dumbells for home and do the basics

300 pushups a day
300 situps a day
and do some crazy stuff with the dumbells

eat whatever you want, just work hard and youre all set
my mom says im hardcore
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 142>