Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Montana
    Posted: Sep/09/2009 at 7:45am
Anyone ever ride in the ol 406 (montana)????
i'll be all over this winter so hit me up we can schralp some pow
MOAR powderz plz!
philfagan View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote philfagan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2009 at 7:53am
sheet...i wish...how is it up there? what mountain?
venom59718 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote venom59718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2009 at 1:20pm
Yeah i got my season pass at bridger and should be hittin up big sky too
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote venom59718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2010 at 4:59pm
We need a dump soon... when you heading out to bridger next MT?
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2010 at 11:57am
bump for the 406!
MOAR powderz plz!
EMHM00 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote EMHM00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2010 at 12:00pm
Yarp
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2011 at 6:39am
Hey Oh, I'll bump the 4.0.6.
Living in B-Town with a pass up at Rock Dodge.

Come on down boys, the ice is great this time o' year!
dabomb View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote dabomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2011 at 7:03am
360 B-Town Washington
J_bell84 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote J_bell84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 6:03am
Booked a trip to Whitefish in Feb. I've heard from friends it awesome. Anyone else been? Are there some decent off trail/tree runs?
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2011 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by J_bell84

Booked a trip to Whitefish in Feb. I've heard from friends it awesome. Anyone else been? Are there some decent off trail/tree runs?

i frequent the fish.. and yes there is KILLER off trail/tree runs... if you have any questions about the mountain or the town let me know!
MOAR powderz plz!
J_bell84 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote J_bell84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2011 at 5:39am
I hear they hve some wicked sales on gear at the hill this time of year! Have you ever checked out the deals? I'm staying in Kalispell, how far is that from the hill and downtown?
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2011 at 7:18am
To be honest I've never really shopped around up there but the prices will definitely be better than what you are used to up in Canada... plus there is no sales tax.  I'm not really sure what the exchange rate is currently at either so that might be something you will want to look into.  From Kalispell up to the parking lot at the mountain is about a half hour I would say.  As far as bars go in Kalispell, i haven't really partied there too much.. don't think the scene is that great.  Downtown Whitefish is a blast however... lots of fun bars and a really good brewery.  
MOAR powderz plz!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote venom59718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 4:06pm
Whitefish looks alllll good. Been meaning to head out there for a couple days but I still haven't even gone to Big sky yet, I'm a cheap bastard, but now that we finally got a decent dump at Bridger I'll stick here for a little longer.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 9:22am
Hey Venom, how is Bridger for a snowboarder?  I've heard it's like SnowBowl, lots of flats connect the runs.
I have a buddy in Bozo that wants me to come ride with him, and I don't see why not.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 7:55am
Originally posted by JDiggidy

Hey Venom, how is Bridger for a snowboarder?  I've heard it's like SnowBowl, lots of flats connect the runs.
I have a buddy in Bozo that wants me to come ride with him, and I don't see why not.

bridger is tits and nothing like snowbowl... they actually maintain the area... groomers are nice... the steepness is up towards the top by the ridge than it kinda levels out and is mellow for the lower half of the mtn... the ridge is the best terrain i've been on in the state..its no joke.. all avy gear is required and crap can get real in a snap... high risk high reward ;)

When the bowl does get snow.. like they have been this year..its tough to beat.. best tree riding ever.

And i definitely recommend going down to bozeman to hit up bridger..
MOAR powderz plz!
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:19am
MT - What are some family-friendly resorts?  I have a 7 and 5 year old and we're looking at a ski/snowboard trip next year instead of DisneyWorld.  Especially now that I'm converting my wife from a life-long skier to snowboarding (she has experienced what she calls the "dark side" and likes it, win for me).
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote venom59718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 12:04pm
Bridger is nice, especially on powder days, and I'm always finding new stuff to hit when it seems I've been everywhere. Did end up getting flows last season, since I'm still kinda spoiled from tahoe and the lack of high speed lifts puts me to sleep. But terrain wise it's more than enough, just try it on a weekday if possible, weekends can get pretty hellish. And if park is your thing it's a lot better than last year, still pretty small, but they were building it up last tuesday so i'm looking forward to seeing what they did with it after that dump
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 7:46am
Ladies & Gentlemen, it is time to resurrect the Montana thread.  
MTPow, Venom, Snowbowl, I know you're out there.  
Driving from ZooTown to B-Town yesterday, there's lots of white tipped hills around this state.
Here we go!  
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
snowbowlmt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
big freakin slot canyon

Quote snowbowlmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 11:32am
giggity JDiggity. the peaks are fleshed out with snow. this is the time of year when i get super anxious to ride, but know that no good riding is to be had for almost another month.

shout out to the 406
GeckosGoMoo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote GeckosGoMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 11:42am
Anyone hittin up pocket-park this year?
I'm a dance floor tiger lady bumping everything she has, touching every single lad, rubbing every lady bad.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
big freakin slot canyon

Quote snowbowlmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 11:48am
Great Divide? na man. they have some nice features if you're into rails and boxes though for sure. Didn't some kid crack his skull open and seizure last year?
fishkur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote fishkur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 11:56am
Thinking about a trip to Montana this winter, probably over the Feb school break.  I've never been to Montana, so any suggestions?

Night life is optional, ski-out condos are a must, and some terrain variety would be great.  Looking for good tree riding, don't care about the terrain park, and some laid-back groomers would be nice for the beginners in the group.

Would for sure be willing to meet up with people if there is interest but we won't have firm dates for a while until everyone gets their calendars organized.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by fishkur

Thinking about a trip to Montana this winter, probably over the Feb school break.  I've never been to Montana, so any suggestions?

Night life is optional, ski-out condos are a must, and some terrain variety would be great.  Looking for good tree riding, don't care about the terrain park, and some laid-back groomers would be nice for the beginners in the group.

Would for sure be willing to meet up with people if there is interest but we won't have firm dates for a while until everyone gets their calendars organized.

only place with any real ski in-ski out condos...well the only places with developed real estate period are Big Sky, Moonlight, and Whitefish Mtn Resort (formerly and still known to me as Big Mountain)
MOAR powderz plz!
fishkur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote fishkur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 12:17pm
Well, I use the term ski-out loosely...willing to walk a bit to the lifts, but having to drive to the hill just doesn't work well with a large group of people.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2011 at 9:33pm

Well, I use the term ski-out loosely...willing to walk a bit to the lifts, but having to drive to the hill just doesn't work well with a large group of people.

like i said... your options are very limited in montana as most places are more the mom n pop type...aside from big sky, moonlight, and whitefish.
MOAR powderz plz!
fishkur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote fishkur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 5:26am
Originally posted by MTpow

like i said... your options are very limited in montana as most places are more the mom n pop type...aside from big sky, moonlight, and whitefish.

Hmm, guess things are run differently there than I'm used to.  Thanks for the input.

While we're on the topic, if you had to pick a hidden gem out of the mom & pop hills, what would it be?
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 7:16am
yah there isn't really much development at any of the resorts aside from those 3... Whitefish might be a good option for you as there is plenty of places to stay on the mtn..however you can also stay down in town and catch the bus up and back each day (10-15 minute ride)... works out pretty slick plus the lodging is cheaper in town.  Not sure how you were planning on getting here but flying into Spokane and renting a car will probably be cheaper than flying into Montana.. just something else for you to consider.

With big sky and moonlight, once you are there you are kinda stuck as there isn't much around them outside the base areas.  
MOAR powderz plz!
fishkur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote fishkur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 11:52am

yah there isn't really much development at any of the resorts aside from those 3... Whitefish might be a good option for you as there is plenty of places to stay on the mtn..however you can also stay down in town and catch the bus up and back each day (10-15 minute ride)... works out pretty slick plus the lodging is cheaper in town.  Not sure how you were planning on getting here but flying into Spokane and renting a car will probably be cheaper than flying into Montana.. just something else for you to consider.

With big sky and moonlight, once you are there you are kinda stuck as there isn't much around them outside the base areas.  

For the big group trip we'd stick with one of the main resorts and stay on the hill.  We're driving from Saskatchewan, Canada.

I wouldn't be opposed to a second trip with a smaller group that is more mobile and able to drive from a nearby town...this option makes me curious about some of the smaller hills.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 12:03pm
IMO, the smaller hills are where it's at.  Don't get me wrong, Big Sky & Big Mountain (whitefish), are huge and awesome... but it's the little guys that really shine out here.  For example: Bridger Bowl outside of Bozo is a non-profit, and it POOOOORS money back into itself.  Discovery (one of my favorites) outside of Anaconda and Georgetown Lake is a small locally owned hill that boasts some of the steepest and gnarliest double blacks you'll find.  

It's one of the best things about riding in MT; no one with a brain hates on anyone else's mountain. 

EDIT to clarify: Discovery is small as in no crowds, no fancy amenities, and cheap tickets.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by JDiggidy

IMO, the smaller hills are where it's at.  Don't get me wrong, Big Sky & Big Mountain (whitefish), are huge and awesome... but it's the little guys that really shine out here.  For example: Bridger Bowl outside of Bozo is a non-profit, and it POOOOORS money back into itself.  Discovery (one of my favorites) outside of Anaconda and Georgetown Lake is a small locally owned hill that boasts some of the steepest and gnarliest double blacks you'll find.  

It's one of the best things about riding in MT; no one with a brain hates on anyone else's mountain. 

EDIT to clarify: Discovery is small as in no crowds, no fancy amenities, and cheap tickets.

Disco is super fun when they get snow.. its pretty low elevation but when its good..its really good.  Last year on Sunday of opening weekend I was crushing knee to waist deep runs all day long and there was NOONE there!  They just kept dropping the ropes on more and more terrain as the day went on.  The backside definitely boasts some of the steeper terrain in the state and they are looking to expand in the upcoming years.  Bridger is one of my favorite mtns in the state for sure... closer to Bozeman than big sky and a way chiller vibe.  Bridgers ''Cold Smoke'' will take you from 6 to midnight when you make your first slash.  Another fun small spot to check out is Lost Trail nestled right on the MT-ID border.  They get some amazing snow and the crowds are non-existent.. much like Disco.. hell.. much like every small hill in the state...

That being said... everyone should go ride in Utah, California and Colorado ;)
MOAR powderz plz!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
big freakin slot canyon

Quote snowbowlmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2011 at 1:16pm
ya MT stop pimping our mountains. Montana doesn't even exist... this whole thread is a figment of your imagination...
fishkur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote fishkur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2011 at 8:51am

Disco is super fun when they get snow.. its pretty low elevation but when its good..its really good.  Last year on Sunday of opening weekend I was crushing knee to waist deep runs all day long and there was NOONE there!  They just kept dropping the ropes on more and more terrain as the day went on.  The backside definitely boasts some of the steeper terrain in the state and they are looking to expand in the upcoming years.  Bridger is one of my favorite mtns in the state for sure... closer to Bozeman than big sky and a way chiller vibe.  Bridgers ''Cold Smoke'' will take you from 6 to midnight when you make your first slash.  Another fun small spot to check out is Lost Trail nestled right on the MT-ID border.  They get some amazing snow and the crowds are non-existent.. much like Disco.. hell.. much like every small hill in the state...

That being said... everyone should go ride in Utah, California and Colorado ;)

Great info!  We usually head to BC but some MT hills are roughly the same driving distance (10-12 hrs) so I'd like to try something different.

Bridger sounds perfect...and it helps that Bozeman seems to be one of the closest destinations too.  Definitely going to check into it some more so thanks for tips!

UT, Cali, and CO are on the "someday list"  Most of the group can't afford the extra cost of flights so we try to split costs as much as can.
fishkur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote fishkur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2011 at 9:26am
One more question maybe someone can answer: The privately owned "guest houses" rented on the website, how close to the lifts are they?  The map doesn't look too far, but distance could be deceiving?
Sniff View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Special Olympics Volunteer 2010 Whitefish,MT

Quote Sniff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2011 at 4:24am
New to the site and I had to post in the Montana thread. Transworld's top snow mountain list was hating on Montana so I had to say awesome, the best thing about Montana mountains is the lack of crowds and being off that list helps that fact that we don't even exist. Warren Miller knows what's up in Big Sky though. I'm a Big Mountain rider myself (Whitefish Mountain now). I'm glad to see it all over this thread. Still praying for snow like last year. Cheers.
fishkur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote fishkur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2012 at 10:47am

You sold me on Bridger...booked a condo near the resort and will be riding Feb 19-23.
Can't wait to get there!  Gonna be a bit of a drive though...probably 12-ish hours if the roads are good.

On a side note...how is the snow kiting scene around Bozeman?
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2012 at 12:46pm
Sniff- Man i shoulda looked in here recently.. was just up shredding in the fish over NYE... next time...

Fish.. not sure about the snow kite scene in bozeman.. might be worth placing a few phone calls to some of the ski/board shops down there as they would know more... Roundhouse... Chalet Sports.. and my personal fav.. World Boards (definitely stop in and check this place out)
MOAR powderz plz!
fishkur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote fishkur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2012 at 7:23am

Sniff- Man i shoulda looked in here recently.. was just up shredding in the fish over NYE... next time...

Fish.. not sure about the snow kite scene in bozeman.. might be worth placing a few phone calls to some of the ski/board shops down there as they would know more... Roundhouse... Chalet Sports.. and my personal fav.. World Boards (definitely stop in and check this place out)

Website for World Boards looks great, much better stocked than the shops I'm used to.  Might have to do some shopping south of the border.

And to anyone that reads this: If you're in Bozeman Feb 19-23 feel free to msg me and meet up for a ride or a beer.
Also, if any generous locals feel like guiding me around the ridge, the beer's on me!
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2012 at 7:26am

And to anyone that reads this: If you're in Bozeman Feb 19-23 feel free to msg me and meet up for a ride or a beer.
Also, if any generous locals feel like guiding me around the ridge, the beer's on me!

Just a heads up.... You will need all of the avy gear in order to get up on the ridge... beacon..probe..shovel..and a buddy!  
MOAR powderz plz!
fishkur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote fishkur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2012 at 9:04am

Just a heads up.... You will need all of the avy gear in order to get up on the ridge... beacon..probe..shovel..and a buddy!  

That's what I hear...do they actually check before letting you in (not trying to duck the rules, just wondering how it's set up)?  

I doubt I'll venture much unless we meet some people that know the area...training is good but knowledge of the local snow is better.

All things considered, there's probably more than enough terrain to keep us busy for the short time we are there without hitting the ridge.  Either way, I'm just praying for snow!
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2012 at 9:15am
They have piep testers hanging in the lift line and they make u beep them to your piep before they let you on the chair..so yea they check.  There's some gnarly shit up there so if you do end up up there and there aren't tracks in an area there's probably a good reason.. like a huge cliff out... i've got a buddy that teaches up there so maybe he'll be down to show u around if he doesn't have anything going on
MOAR powderz plz!
fishkur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote fishkur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2012 at 10:52am

They have piep testers hanging in the lift line and they make u beep them to your piep before they let you on the chair..so yea they check.  There's some gnarly shit up there so if you do end up up there and there aren't tracks in an area there's probably a good reason.. like a huge cliff out... i've got a buddy that teaches up there so maybe he'll be down to show u around if he doesn't have anything going on

I was wondering how they controlled access but if the area is served by an exclusive lift that makes it much easier.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2012 at 11:30am
you can hike it too but F that.
MOAR powderz plz!
fishkur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote fishkur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2012 at 11:59am
Hahaha...I'm no stranger to hiking but I gotta say that having a backcountry lift makes hoofing it seem like a helluva lotta work.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2012 at 12:35pm

Hahaha...I'm no stranger to hiking but I gotta say that having a backcountry lift makes hoofing it seem like a helluva lotta work.

we're on the same page here...haha!
MOAR powderz plz!
fishkur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote fishkur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2012 at 8:10am

we're on the same page here...haha!

Figured I'd do a quick update...our trip is long since past, but it was pretty awesome.  

Had a bit of a rocky start...the cabin we rented was a 10 minute walk to the lifts though the trees but we encountered a bit of a snafu with checking in.  The cabin owner had not contacted us with details regarding a deposit and entry, but luckily we arrived before the main office shut down and the staff was very helpful in contacting the owner and getting things sorted out.  There was an uncomfortable hour-long wait in the lounge with a wife cranky from sitting in the car for 9 hours, but in the end it all worked out.

We arrived on Feb.18th just in time for a huge overnight dump of snow.  There was a solid 12" when we headed to the hill for an absolutely bluebird day.  Great start to the trip!

We didn't see the sky for the rest of the trip, but this was compensated by the fact that it snowed all day, every day, and every night as well.  Only one day of the five we spent snowboarding was a bit too warm...light rain in the morning followed by some slushy snow at higher altitudes.
The rest of the snow was great...a bit heavy at times, but much better and much more than we are used to back home.  It was in fact the first time my wife got to ride a decent amount of powder.  Took her a day to get used to leaning back, but once she got that dialed in she absolutely loved it.

Schlasman's lift was closed for most of the trip, but I wasn't prepared for it anyway.  Despite that, there is plenty of absolutely incredible terrain throughout the rest of the hill.  Pierre's knob had a wonderful meadow full of untracked powder that leads to some incredible treed areas...and one of the longest ski-outs at the bottom I have ever had the misfortune of traversing.  But I kept going back for more!
The upper half of the Bridger lift leads to a few really fun lines.  Would have loved to explore more, but we didn't get to this area until the last day and visibility was reduced due to heavy snowfall.
And the Alpine lift takes you to some pretty wonderful stashes.  You have to really look for some of them, and probably hike out of a gulley or two when you take a wrong turn, but there are some very rewarding spots if you go looking for them.

The main runs are pretty straightforward.  A few places to explore from the top of Powder Park chair, but overall nothing too challenging for a new rider.
Would enjoy taking a few less experienced riders to this hill since it really has something to offer everyone.

The locals are absolutely amazing...people are super friendly and nearly every person I rode a chair with was excited to tell me about the best run they had that day or a new area we should check out.  Very laid back attitudes, good people to have a beer with.

And finally, Bozeman is a wonderful little city.  Had a blast in the thriving downtown area...tons of great shops and restaurants.
Chalet sports had pretty good sale on layers so my wife stocked up, and World Boards was a great experience.

Bought some wonderful bamboo towels from a little eco store, and had the best meal of the trip at Montana Aleworks.  Parmesan pepper fries, oh my!
Local specialties seem to include a lot of dark beers of which I sampled many.  I need to get a regular supply of Bayern Doppelbock though...holy crap is that stuff delicious.

Anyway, this was way longer than I intended and probably turned out like a directionless ramble so I'll wrap it up.  Our whole Montana experience was great, I would definitely check out Bridger Bowl again, though Red Lodge, Moonlight and Big Sky are all within reach.  Loved the snow (over 4 feet in 5 days!), loved the relaxed atmosphere, loved the people!  Can't wait to go back...

Didn't get much for riding pics, but this is what my car looked like every morning.

Also, there was a Triceratops somewhere in some town we passed through and how is that not awesome?

snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2012 at 10:10am
Sounds like an awesome time fishkur.  The only detail you left out was which Mt. you hit.

And I've got to say I'm jealous.  While 10-12 hours to the Mts. sucks, you do have some pretty amazing ones in that range from you it sounds like.  10 hours from my place nets up one "Mt" which is a backcountry gem, but is only 900'.  And it's the only one of it's kind within 15 hours of here.
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 10:32am
disregard fish's post... montana is no good everyone stay away 
MOAR powderz plz!
)(nfinit)( View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 6:36am
where is Montana anyway?
x_X
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote VermontRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 7:39am
What's a Montana?
Nevermind.

ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2012 at 7:47am
Isn't Montana part of Canada, eh?

Edit: had to add the Canadian accent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>