Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 621>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Randomness Thread
    Posted: Today at 1:41am
Spewing... Rolled/sprained ankle @ soccer this week. 

At least I've got a bit of time before northern winter kicks in. Should be getting a couple of weeks in US or Japan over xmas.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2014 at 2:49pm
Been snacking on goodies ppl brought for halloween..barely ate any of my lunch...
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2014 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Von44

My gawd! GF won't stop playing this Ed Sheeran song. I wonder if she's got a small crush?

He is a smooth rapper with a guitar.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2014 at 11:24am
Originally posted by ryanthony

big W for the giants the other day.

Really would of loved to see KC win. Oh well. Hopefully Cubs land Maddox though.

Crappy day out today. Cold and windy out. I need some coffee and I'm fresh out. Think it's time to hit up a store or dunkin donuts! And only 1498 points left to get my free bindings coupon haha. 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
ryanthony View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ryanthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2014 at 9:40am
big W for the giants the other day.
red_baron View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote red_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2014 at 9:29am
press 'R' repeatedly during the video you will not be disappointed

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2014 at 3:18pm
My gawd! GF won't stop playing this Ed Sheeran song. I wonder if she's got a small crush?
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2014 at 11:33am
^ Nice, hope they work out great for you!

I'm stuck on a webinar.  Good god this is awful.  

1. they don't have sound, so it's through my stupid office phone.
2. it's on "social networking..." and the last 5 minutes were talking about facebook pages. not new and unique strategies or anything, stuff like: "ask your employees and friends to like your page"
3. oh goodie! let's explain what a hashtag is!
4. what? you should keep youtube vids short? no way! (shocked face!)
5. oh yeah... i sure will add your company's banner to our website. sounds great for us!
6... ... ....
7. whoops, apparently dozed off there for a bit.

(i work at one of those places that have me get on webinars like this... but have blocked youtube, facebook, and the like from our computers....w.t.f.)
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
MrStak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote MrStak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2014 at 11:00am
i got spy platoons. went to a b&m store to test it out on my new helmet. wifey said it fits perfectly with no gaps and stuff. woot!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2014 at 10:36am
Originally posted by fj5

Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

if only i had reading week in the winter. id definitely be on the slopes

What's reading week?

It's like Spring Break / March Break.

Funny Canadians...just call it spring break then besides not like anyone reads anyway.  LOL  
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2014 at 4:24pm
fj5: you don't get a winter break? for xmas and new years?
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2014 at 3:04pm
My 3 midterms are finally done! Nowhere near as bad as the 9 from last year.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2014 at 12:39pm

What's reading week?

It's like Spring Break / March Break.
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2014 at 11:21am

What's reading week?
ryanthony View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ryanthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2014 at 7:01am
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2014 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by MrStak

Originally posted by JDiggidy

I'll vouch for the Platoon.  I'm pretty sure I wrote a review on here.... then again, maybe not.
thanks! your spy platoons look awesome btw. i got that classic asian face so i want to see what goggles work without having to get "asian fit" ones. are you asian?

Negatory... mostly Scotch/Irish with a  7 1/2ish fitted hat.  

If anything, my gog problem stems from them being too narrow, so some of the side foam comes into where my eyes are supposed to be.  I've never thought too much about face depth and nose highth and the like, so can't help too much there either.

one thing to keep in mind, the foam on gogs usually will break down and break in a bit after a few days.  i've found that if i put someone else's gogs on that aren't mine, they're usually no good.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2014 at 12:09pm
^ Aww, that's a shame.  Dougie could of taught all citizens of Toronto how to Dougie.  LOL
JoeyGlazer View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2014 at 11:26am
^ Rob's brother lost the Toronto mayoral election to some stiff named John Tory... why wouldn't they elect Dougie Ford, who can continue his brother's mayoral partying ways?  Don't people in Toronto like to party?  Day-um.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2014 at 11:23am
Originally posted by HAVEN2135

You sound like you are from Illinois.  

Even better, he's from Toronto with the infamous crack smoking Rob Ford.  LOL
MrStak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote MrStak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2014 at 10:57am
Originally posted by JDiggidy

I'll vouch for the Platoon.  I'm pretty sure I wrote a review on here.... then again, maybe not.

Anyhoo... very comfy, the outermost layer of foam is actually this super nice fleece stuff that wicks sweat well.  I only use my Platoons on extra bright days, as that Bronze Red Spectra mirror is super dark (darker than my Smith's, even though they have a higher VLT %).  The 2nd lens is nice to have, but not of a real high quality (I believe the Persimmon, non mirrored). 

The Platoons don't fit as well with my helmets as i would like (can't use them on my K2 lid with the visor at all), and the nose is kind of pinchy, but they still offer all day comfort in warm weather. 

My other goggs are the Smith I/O, so I have two lenses as well. A green Sol-X mirror that is nice for most days (not as dark as the Spy lens though, better for December and January) and the super nice Sensor Mirror for low light.

Edit: these are my sweet sweet Spy's: http://www.zephyrsports.com/media/img/zephyrsports/W960-H580-Bffffff//snowboard/spy_optic/platoon/spy_6010_00001___312012962990___spy_optic_platoon_snowboard_goggles___spy___tsl.jpg

thanks! your spy platoons look awesome btw. i got that classic asian face so i want to see what goggles work without having to get "asian fit" ones. are you asian?
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2014 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by jhoang6

Originally posted by fj5

New spark plugs, cleaned out the throttle body, changed oil, new drain cap, and switched to my winter wheels today... also got new brakes and tie rods this past summer.

She's ready for snowboarding season!

http://instagram.com/p/uqepx5utd3/
nice, did you do all that work yourself?

Hahaha, no no, went to the dealer!  Paid for it. haha Dead
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2014 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by fj5

New spark plugs, cleaned out the throttle body, changed oil, new drain cap, and switched to my winter wheels today... also got new brakes and tie rods this past summer.

nice, did you do all that work yourself?
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2014 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by lightning80

I rotated my tires last Friday..and my MPG went up by 2...back to what it was before the last time i did the tire rotation...weird...

That kinda makes sense, perhaps your pulling tires have better surface area now. Smile
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2014 at 3:48pm
I rotated my tires last Friday..and my MPG went up by 2...back to what it was before the last time i did the tire rotation...weird...
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2014 at 2:59pm

HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2014 at 2:47pm
You sound like you are from Illinois.  
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2014 at 2:18pm
Gonna vote for a new city mayor tonight. Wonder what scandal my candidate will face in the near future?
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2014 at 1:59pm
I'll let you guys know what I end up getting. 

Any of you watch Gotham or The Flash? 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2014 at 10:24am

Anyhoo... very comfy, the outermost layer of foam is actually this super nice fleece stuff that wicks sweat well.  I only use my Platoons on extra bright days, as that Bronze Red Spectra mirror is super dark (darker than my Smith's, even though they have a higher VLT %).  The 2nd lens is nice to have, but not of a real high quality (I believe the Persimmon, non mirrored). 

The Platoons don't fit as well with my helmets as i would like (can't use them on my K2 lid with the visor at all), and the nose is kind of pinchy, but they still offer all day comfort in warm weather. 

My other goggs are the Smith I/O, so I have two lenses as well. A green Sol-X mirror that is nice for most days (not as dark as the Spy lens though, better for December and January) and the super nice Sensor Mirror for low light.

Edit: these are my sweet sweet Spy's: http://www.zephyrsports.com/media/img/zephyrsports/W960-H580-Bffffff//snowboard/spy_optic/platoon/spy_6010_00001___312012962990___spy_optic_platoon_snowboard_goggles___spy___tsl.jpg
MrStak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote MrStak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2014 at 6:04am
tried on my new helmet with my facemask and eg2s. they work great. no gaps anywhere. now i need to try on my friend's spy platoons to decide which i want to get. leaning towards spy cuz it comes with an extra lense but yea eg2 are pretty nice
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2014 at 10:17pm

Originally posted by ChiTownRon

10 more points until i get my free goggle coupon. Chyea.

Nice congrats, what goggles are you gonna get?  I wasted my coupon on a pair that I never even used once.  LOL

What, how come you haven't used it yet?

Oh, I've used it already, I was just saying I didn't even use the goggle that I picked.  It was the Oakley Stockholm.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2014 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by MrStak

which goggles did you end up getting anyway AMY? tried on eg2s with my new helmet, fits well. so now i know at least one goggle that fits with my new helmet without any gaps. looking for a couple more options.

Love my eg2 also. Great goggles. Tough to go back to smaller goggles after.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2014 at 4:12pm
Helping my parents pack for the big move on Thursday. Tough to see the house with so many of my childhood memories be let go.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2014 at 1:09pm

Nice congrats, what goggles are you gonna get?  I wasted my coupon on a pair that I never even used once.  LOL

I can only get last years model right? Well if possible I'd like to get the Eg 2.5s
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2014 at 12:32pm
^ If you are able to try on some Oakley Canopy, Spy Bravo, Vonzipper Fishbowl - I found these are larger in size and comfortable in fit.
MrStak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote MrStak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2014 at 12:03pm
which goggles did you end up getting anyway AMY? tried on eg2s with my new helmet, fits well. so now i know at least one goggle that fits with my new helmet without any gaps. looking for a couple more options.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2014 at 9:43pm

What, how come you haven't used it yet?
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2014 at 11:15am

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2014 at 7:21pm

So cold at home. Got the baseboard heaters blasting right now.

You have the heater on blast while I have the AC on.  Ah, fall weather.  LOL

One day that AC will seize.... then I will have the last laugh!!! MUUUWAAAHAHAHAAHHAA LOL
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2014 at 7:15pm
Slow night at work. Didn't get much sleep earlier. Feeling like a zombie now.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2014 at 3:34pm
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2014 at 11:52am

You have the heater on blast while I have the AC on.  Ah, fall weather.  LOL
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2014 at 11:10am
So very jealous of Joey.  this week needs to end.

So i called the magic number (811 in the USofA) to get lines painted in my yard.  I'm going to be doing some fence building this weekend, and I don't want to get fried.

I got home last night... and there's absolute jibberish all over... I have NO CLUE if the orange arrow means that there is or isn't a cable/tv/phone line under it.  it's only an arrow that points to the house... and it doesn't go all the way across the area i want to dig in anyway.

Then it looks like some of the other guys (gas, water, etc...) just wrote "OK" in their color.

Anyone know what some of these markings mean?  I think there's a check mark from the orange guys as well, along with their arrow.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2014 at 6:25am
^ Half day for me and then the weekend starts!!!
k-brew View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote k-brew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2014 at 6:19am
All about having the day off on a friday is the best way to start the weekend.
ryanthony View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ryanthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2014 at 9:03pm
going to be up late studying for an anatomy midterm.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2014 at 3:43pm
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2014 at 3:43pm
Yup, Doug is a pretty down to earth guy. When the Thrive warehouse was still in the Sacramento area, he personally delivered a replacement board bag that I won. The warehouse had sent me the wrong bag. He came from Tahoe to lecture them in Sacramento, then delivered the correct bag to my house in person. And he didn't want the 1st bag back either. And this was for a free bag!

After they set up the storefront in Truckee, I went for a visit after a day of riding at Northstar, and he introduced me to the staff up stairs, and gave me a tour, and got to play with the pre-production wheelie luggage they were developing.

The people at Thrive are quality ppl. Awesome customer service. And their boards rock! Well, at least the Renegade, that's the one I ride... I haven't tried the other ones.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2014 at 12:02pm

Also Doug will love you long time if you buy one of his Thrive boards.

True Story:  Last year I picked up a Thrive Renegade from a guy who test drove one.  He had a Renegade and an Accomplice for sale, so I got to choose.

So I figure what the heck, I'll give Thrive a call.... And Doug answered the phone!!  He was super busy at the time, so he gave me his personal cell and asked if I could call back later... so I did. 

We ended up chattting about snowboarding and the biz and how Thrive was doing for over 20 minutes.  He talked me into the Renegade, and I'm glad he did.  What a great dude!

Edit: forgot to mention, the board is great.  It's a happy ending. Wink
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2014 at 11:59am
Originally posted by JoeyGlazer

Also Doug will love you long time if you buy one of his Thrive boards.  LOL

If not Doug... Angry will volunteer to love you long time.

Only if insisted.  Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 621>