The New Randomness Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 656>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lightning80 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Randomness Thread
    Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by ctoma

^ And we ended up with 2 kids....

yup, good looking kids...didn't know you were Asian though...

ctoma View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 4:04pm
^ And we ended up with 2 kids....
Board Member
Board Member

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by robsta

You're soooo close keep on pushing!LOL

That's what ctoma's wife said Tongue
Board Member
Board Member

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 1:16pm
The art piece in front of my office building is a Pokemon gym and the water fountain on the other side of our building is a PokeStop. Too bad they're not close enough to access from my desk...have to actually go outside..Cry
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 11:28am
I can understand people buying things or accounts from MMO because the grind hours is insane but Pokemon hunting is something you do in your free time that only takes a few minutes.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Board Member
Board Member

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 8:56am
Isn't catching Pokemon and leveling up part of the fun? When you just buy leveled up accounts..you're missing the fun...you just want to beat ppl...
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 8:50am

Lately I have experienced a lot of posting errors, too.  I think it's a conspiracy to keep me from reaching 10,000.

You're soooo close keep on pushing!LOL
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 6:50am
I always found it amusing when people would buy items. But then again if you don't have the time to grind out and get that item.....
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 6:43am
People have always bought leveled up accounts. Back when Diablo, World of Warcraft....
ctoma View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 4:30am
Lately I have experienced a lot of posting errors, too.  I think it's a conspiracy to keep me from reaching 10,000.
Board Member
Board Member

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 5:01pm
almost all of my posts have errors....
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 3:50pm
...and Nintendo takes a nose dive.  LOL  I've read that people are actually buying leveled up accounts which is pretty silly because you can't trade Pokemons as of yet.  LOL
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by evo_1320

how many people are still on here??

I'm still here.  

about one in three posts is now not working and tells me to contact the system administrator
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 1:47pm

ctoma View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 11:56am
Originally posted by lightning80

...The game makes you walk around everywhere to look for Pokemon and also to get more Pokeballs at the PokeStops...

The only reason lightning plays...
Board Member
Board Member

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 10:20am
I got Pokemon Go on Sunday and have been playing it the last few days. The game makes you walk around everywhere to look for Pokemon and also to get more Pokeballs at the PokeStops. It's a good way to get kids out and walk outside instead of playing video games at home all day. On the way home last night (around 11pm) from the state fair, we passed by a park and there were several groups of people there, all with their phones. It's pretty funny..but people really need to be careful and still make common sense decisions so they don't die because of the game.
ctoma View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 10:04am
^ It's the thrill of the hunt... at least according to my boys.  And once acquired they "train" their Pokemon and fight them against other players.  There's more to it but I don't understand Pokespeak.
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 10:03am
ctoma~ 9400 pts. Go Go Go~
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 10:00am
A lot of people like the aspect of collecting them all. Like many other games, they like the different weapons, items..
evo_1320 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Quote evo_1320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 9:03am
You don't get anything for getting some many pokemon. I don't understand it.
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 7:13am
On the Pokemon front. They just went live in Japan yesterday, and they actually have a deal with McDonalds. So a Pokestop at each McDs I guess! Great marketing for Pokemongo.
ctoma View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 4:25am
Originally posted by VTBear

Both lie!

Don't all women lie?
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2016 at 12:12pm
Both lie!
ctoma View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2016 at 11:59am
I am accounted for.

So The Donald's wife lied in and plagiarized her speech last night?  Interesting, wonder what kind of backlash this will create.  On the other hand we already have a candidate who lies and circumvents standard security procedures for email...
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2016 at 6:55am
Here!
)(nfinit)( View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2016 at 9:48am
doing a roll call in mid-July may not provide the best insight.  But not many...
x_X
evo_1320 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Quote evo_1320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2016 at 9:46am
how many people are still on here??
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2016 at 9:41am
It's fun, but there seems to be no ending to the game. No boss to beat or stage to finish. I guess you just want to catch them all.
ctoma View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2016 at 7:45am
^ It's crazy here as well.  My kids are playing it but I find it quite funny seeing people over 20 years old walking around with a phone in front of their face hunting for the elusive Pokemon.
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2016 at 7:21am
Pokemon go is crazy here. Half the people at the Mosaic in Merryfield were playing the game!
ctoma View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2016 at 4:38am
Japan's Softbank has agreed to acquire ARM Holdings, the U.K. semiconductor firm that supplies the chips used in iPhones, in a deal worth over $32 billion, the companies announced on Monday.

Damn, $32 billion...
ctoma View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2016 at 6:26am
Cloudy and overcast today, sounds like a good day for golf.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2016 at 12:31pm
Nintendo up another 8% today.  
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2016 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Nintendo has also announced that they're coming out with the NES mini which comes preloaded with 30 classic games for 60 bucks.  

This is cool but do people not realize that you can use your phone or computer to play any NES SNES and N64 games?  
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2016 at 11:45am
I had a feeling Pokemon Go would make Nintendo bounce up like crazy due to long time anticipation of reliving childhood dreams and the novelty of AR.  I heard they're been making nearly 5 million a day on user purchases and is already the number one app.  Nintendo has also announced that they're coming out with the NES mini which comes preloaded with 30 classic games for 60 bucks.  

Pokemon hunting is fun and all but people really need to take responsibility for their actions like the teen girl who crossed a busy highway to catch a pokemon and was hit by a car because she failed to look both way when crossing.  Obviously she blamed the game instead of herself.  LOL  Or the people who thought it was a good idea to catch pokemon at the park at night all alone only to end up getting robbed or stabbed.  LOL
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2016 at 8:45am

^ Nintendo is riding the Pokemon Go craze.

We took our boys Pokemon hunting in Plymouth last night which is a nice little town with restaurants, shops, and a park in the middle of town.  There were people from age 6 up to early 30's walking around with their cell phones playing Pokemon Go... I was amazed at how many people were playing.

Yeah I can't believe how popular it is.  I saw at least fifty people playing just driving around yesterday.  
ctoma View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2016 at 4:34am
^ Nintendo is riding the Pokemon Go craze.

We took our boys Pokemon hunting in Plymouth last night which is a nice little town with restaurants, shops, and a park in the middle of town.  There were people from age 6 up to early 30's walking around with their cell phones playing Pokemon Go... I was amazed at how many people were playing.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2016 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

All game variations are free to play.  Wink

More like people don't know any better and would rather jump on the bandwagon after the fact, which is why they shouldn't be trading.  LOL  

Most of the market growth right now is due to a better than expected jobs report(for the quarter) and bandwagon riders.  In any case the markets are still extremely over valued and you would be crazy to purchase stocks right now.

Didn't realize how far Nintendo was up.  It's up 72% since the beginning of July.  Could have made some dough if I only had a crystal ball.
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2016 at 12:52pm
All game variations are free to play.  Wink

More like people don't know any better and would rather jump on the bandwagon after the fact, which is why they shouldn't be trading.  LOL  
ctoma View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2016 at 8:55am
^ Nintendo is jumping as a result of the release of Pokemon Go.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2016 at 8:29am
Can't believe how far up the markets have gone this summer.  People love to buy in at the top.

ctoma View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2016 at 4:11am
^ Holy smokes, who are you again?  

No Pokemon masters here.  I figured your game would be Poke-Me-Mon...
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2016 at 1:13pm
It's been awhile but I've been back from my trip to Vietnam and Thailand.  

Anyone else journeying to  become the next Pokemon master?  LOL

I wonder if there's anyone wild Pokemon on the slopes...
ctoma View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2016 at 4:36am
The FBI just announced they are abandoning the D.B. Cooper hijacking investigation... wait, didn't that happen in 1971?
ctoma View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/12/2016 at 9:31am
Originally posted by robsta

^ Yes, but the coupon code you receive will only work on really old gear.  You have to call the Customer Service number and talk to someone (I think there are 2 people who can adjust the code), once it's adjusted it will work on newer bindings.

Thanks ctoma

22 points/day will get you to 3,000 in about 41 days.  2 points for logging in, 5 posts per day (5 points), 3 reviews per day (15 points).  

I'm working on getting to 10,000 points.  I'm reviewing everything I have in my closet and basement to get there.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/12/2016 at 9:28am

^ Yes, but the coupon code you receive will only work on really old gear.  You have to call the Customer Service number and talk to someone (I think there are 2 people who can adjust the code), once it's adjusted it will work on newer bindings.

Thanks ctoma
ctoma View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/12/2016 at 9:15am
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/12/2016 at 8:47am
Are free gear coupons still honored on this site?  So say I eventually hit the instructor level.  Will I still get bindings?  
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2016 at 10:58am
Stock markets at an all time high although oil continues to drop.  With fracking starting to pick back up I don't expect oil prices to come back as supply is way too high right now.  S&P is projected by most in the industry to only produce 3-5% on average going forward as production and profitability in the U.S. slows.   I recommend finding less risky investments that can produce the same return until there is a major selloff in stocks.  
ctoma View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2016 at 6:19am
So now Black Lives Matter protests are attempting to block highways... what purpose will that serve?  Prevent working people from getting to the highway?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 656>