The New Randomness Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 627>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Randomness Thread
    Posted: Today at 5:29pm
Nothing like waiting around on the job with a coffee in hand.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
EpicFAIL View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote EpicFAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:25pm
I'll be honest. I'm just a poser. Can I still troll on the forums?

Oh and I'm pretty certain I didn't get the job(s) I interviewed for... Meh
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 4:52pm
^^ That thread was definitely funny alright. Reminds me of a thread at a skateboard forum i'm on. 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:07pm
Originally posted by JoeyGlazer

^ Finally, we get a message board war!!!  It's been so long since the last war, I think this site was still Sierra when that happened.  Whatever happened to the "Are you Legit?" dude?  That thread was hilarious.  For those who do not remember it or are new here's a linky:

http://www.trusnow.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=44013

That thread was pure awesome, too bad it was locked and Dustin never came back.  Cry  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
JoeyGlazer View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:28am
^ Finally, we get a message board war!!!  It's been so long since the last war, I think this site was still Sierra when that happened.  Whatever happened to the "Are you Legit?" dude?  That thread was hilarious.  For those who do not remember it or are new here's a linky:

http://www.trusnow.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=44013
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:20am
Originally posted by annamaladec

Same as some snowboards work for ones while being hated by the others

Nu'uhhh.... this board is the roxorz!! ur brd suuuukkxxxxx!!!!  #livin #derp #whyyesimmissingthelefthalfofmybrainwhydoyouask

2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2014 at 9:29pm
Does anyone watch The Flash here? Last episode to mid season finale was pretty awesome. 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
annamaladec View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Rice

Quote annamaladec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2014 at 3:43pm
I understand your point.
forgot to add one more and the most important thing - You dont know what it is until you experience it yourself.
Same as some snowboards work for ones while being hated by the others
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2014 at 3:27pm
^ true. But I think we are all aware that some places are just more risky than others, although bad things can happen any where. I would just stick to places that are less likely to cause problems...
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Rice

Quote annamaladec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2014 at 1:53pm
I would not avoid going to any country in the world maybe a couple of African ones (there are just a bit more psychos than in other countries).

It depends HOW you go to the places (if you are a traveler or a tourist), what person YOU are. And also luck.
You can also get killed in France or being welcomed in Cuba or middle east.
People often get mistaken. 
Its also about dirty politics that makes their people look "bad".

Bad and good are everywhere.

not trying to fight anyone, just saying.

Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2014 at 10:55am
Originally posted by jbrandonb11

Travel to Cuba is very restricted for US citizens.  A person must be licensed by the Office of Foreign Assets Control.  Cuban-Americans with family there can obtain licenses. Other than that a person can only get a license for professional, religious, or official educational purposes.  Most travel there by Americans is done through "people to people" tour groups.  These fall under educational and cultural travel and are done through a few licensed tour companies and educational interaction with people is a requirement.  There really is no "typical" type vacation travel allowed for Americans, and Americans are also restricted on spending any money there.   

Yeah, I remember the news made a big deal about Jay Z or someone else going to Cuba so it had to be a big deal just like North Korea allowing Dennis Rodman to come and go as he pleases.
jbrandonb11 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jbrandonb11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2014 at 9:10am
Travel to Cuba is very restricted for US citizens.  A person must be licensed by the Office of Foreign Assets Control.  Cuban-Americans with family there can obtain licenses. Other than that a person can only get a license for professional, religious, or official educational purposes.  Most travel there by Americans is done through "people to people" tour groups.  These fall under educational and cultural travel and are done through a few licensed tour companies and educational interaction with people is a requirement.  There really is no "typical" type vacation travel allowed for Americans, and Americans are also restricted on spending any money there.   
Joshua
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2014 at 8:39am
Originally posted by JoeyGlazer

Americans are able to travel to Cuba and have been able to for several years.  As relations improve between the 2 countries one change you may look forward to is being able to bring home products from Cuba, so those cigar smokers out there will finally be able to legally light up a Cuban on U.S. soil.

I would definitely avoid travel to Africa, the Middle East, Mexico and some countries in South America.

They have always been able to travel there, but generally hated by the locals. US also can't use thier credit cards there
)(nfinit)( View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2014 at 5:23pm
Copper usually has two for one passes at participating shell gas stations. But their are restrictions on dates
x_X
haidavy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote haidavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2014 at 4:06pm
A swing back into the Winter sport. Anyone got a good place to buy Copper Mt. and Keystone lift tickets for January? lowest i've seen is $84 copper/ $96 Keystone.
Local
Local

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2014 at 12:12pm
Americans are able to travel to Cuba and have been able to for several years.  As relations improve between the 2 countries one change you may look forward to is being able to bring home products from Cuba, so those cigar smokers out there will finally be able to legally light up a Cuban on U.S. soil.

I would definitely avoid travel to Africa, the Middle East, Mexico and some countries in South America.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2014 at 11:57am
Personally, I would just stay away from any country that might be iffy. Cuba, N. Korea, and a few of the countries in the Middle East and some in Africa that are always in some kind of civil war and maybe even Mexico. There are enough other places to vacation without the risk/danger.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2014 at 11:38am
Originally posted by JDiggidy

^^ Holy Shiz!  I had not heard about that.  But after watching Nike's Never Not movie, the move truly doesn't surprise me.

Forrest, DK, Muller.  Nice Thumbs Up

In other news: does anyone on here know more about the Cuba news??  Cuba has always been a mystery to me.  Being waaaay up here in MT, I've been pretty shielded from the Cuban plight and what it means to the people of Cuba.  Does this make Cuba a new vacation destination for Americans? Does it mean there will be an authentic Cuban cigar in my humidor soon?

Dunno if that means that or not but I still would be cautious about going to Cuba, same with North Korea if they ever open their doors.  LOL
Local
Local

Quote JoeyGlazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2014 at 11:22am
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2014 at 10:28am
^^ Holy Shiz!  I had not heard about that.  But after watching Nike's Never Not movie, the move truly doesn't surprise me.

Forrest, DK, Muller.  Nice Thumbs Up

In other news: does anyone on here know more about the Cuba news??  Cuba has always been a mystery to me.  Being waaaay up here in MT, I've been pretty shielded from the Cuban plight and what it means to the people of Cuba.  Does this make Cuba a new vacation destination for Americans? Does it mean there will be an authentic Cuban cigar in my humidor soon?
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
MikeD13559 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Online Status: Online
  Quote MikeD13559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2014 at 9:33am
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this anywhere!!!!..  Nicolas Muller is off Burton and on Gnu's Team now!  He announced it yesterday via an Instagram post  (or that's where I saw it).  I'm surprised he was with Burton so long, they are kind of everything he isn't about in life.
The most stylish rider in the world is with the weirdest company in snowboarding.
I don't think I'm bad... I don't box, no karate... just here to make friends with everybody
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2014 at 10:45pm
Have fun on your euro trip FJ!  So jealous!  
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2014 at 5:52pm
^^ I've thought that after more than one vaca... seriously? I only have two pics of this epicly awesome thing??

Have fun fj! Bring me something expensive! 
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2014 at 2:29pm
I'm jealous too!! Take loads of pictures. I always have fun looking at pictures later on. Then I always think, "That's it? I thought I took a lot of pictures." Always seem to be less pics than I remember.

Be careful!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2014 at 1:59pm
So jealous of your euro trip. Have fun fj!
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2014 at 1:50pm
I leave for Europe tonight! WOOHOO! Wishing everyone happy holidays and happy new year! TAKE CARE, BE SAFE, HAVE FUN! Big smile
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2014 at 11:01am
Might finally go boarding this week. Stoked!
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2014 at 6:18am
surprisingly our little mountain has some man made snow and is open. although there is only a few stripes of snow on the ground. literally. skiwhitetail.com has the camera pics. dismal.
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2014 at 4:56pm
good stuff, still don't have time to go out yet 
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2014 at 1:45pm
Went to Killington this past week for the first run of the season. Snow was pretty good and wasnt that packed.
Never got to go to Jay Peak, but trying to plan something out to go there this season....heard some great things about Jay Peak.
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2014 at 8:28am
Almost all the snow has melted from the Thursday snow dump. Just happy I don't have to shovel snow this week.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
ryanthony View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ryanthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2014 at 6:17am
went to the leafs game last night. it was unreal! great seats, free food/drinks and a W against the Stanley Cup champs.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Rice

Quote annamaladec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2014 at 5:58pm
Mmmmm can you smell xmas coming?

http://youtu.be/khlbF2PTsr4

ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2014 at 12:48pm
^ You doing dc tours?
ryanthony View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ryanthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2014 at 8:06am
last exam tomorrow than straight to mont tremblant
EpicFAIL View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote EpicFAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2014 at 9:14pm
I am not sure if I did well at all. I may have followed my namesake... Lol
I am a civil engineer and was prepping for a manager position. The questions were strictly technical and not management based at all. I doubt I did well at all, but at the same time if I were to get the position, I would have to ask a lot of questions on what the boss is expecting out of the job. The questions are more suited to hire a staff member, not a manager. I would hate for a manager to do my work for me....
Well, I have another interview Monday. I hope I do better in that one. It is a straight up movement where the other one was more of a diagonal. It is the same hiring manager though...

The bonus for my company is that there were four internal candidates and all the other ones would really excel in the position as well. Some of them are more suited for the questions asked as well...

Anyway, gotta stay positive for the next one on Monday.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2014 at 9:53am
Good luck on the interview, EpicFAIL. Hope it's not like your online name, lol.

I had an interview on Tuesday for a promotion and I know at least one of the other guys that also interviewed is much more qualified than I am. I talked to him before our interviews (his was at 10am, mine was at 1pm on the same day) that he's going to go blow them out of the water and I'm going to be like chopped liver in the afternoon. Truthfully, I'd pick him to get the job instead of me, if I was making the decision. But, we'll see if I dazzled them with the BS as JDiggidy (and the bus driver) had so eloquently said. LOL
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2014 at 7:08am
Originally posted by EpicFAIL

I have an interview for a promotion. I think I'm pretty well prepared, but I am going up again four very qualified people. 

I was once ready to head in to do a presentation in high school for an organization I was in.  My partner and I had not really practiced, and we were really in the dumps.  this bus driver guy came over to us and said,

"You know what guys? You'll do fine. And remember, if you can't impress them with facts; dazzle them with bullsh!t."

He just calmly walked away, and we went in and got a perfect score and a trip to New Orleans for nationals as our reward.

/ I still live my life with this motto in mind.
ryanthony View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ryanthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2014 at 6:38am
awesome snow fall in Toronto the last 24 hours. cant wait until these exams are over
EpicFAIL View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote EpicFAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2014 at 8:50pm
I have an interview for a promotion. I think I'm pretty well prepared, but I am going up again four very qualified people. Just gotta believe in myself.
I have been studying for the interview for about a week, and today was the day to say, I know what I know and if it's not me, so be it. I got a call from my husband during my studying and he told me our tree fell down on our neighbors fence and knocked it down. A couple more fence panels got knocked down as well... As I drove home, the power went out and no way for me to set out my outfit. I hope it's back on by the time I have to leave for work, ha ha ha.
Oh what a day.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2014 at 8:32pm
Exams are done! Enjoying my time with some buddies from school at a bar right now.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2014 at 11:55am
^vtbear

I played a few times, though I don't find gambling all that fun but craps is exciting. Started with a hundred. I tripled the amount of chips I had every time , but I never know when to step away. Soooo, eventually I lose it all back to the house. 
11 Rome Artifact Rocker 147 / 12 Signal Vita Rocker 147 / 11 Ride Canvas 144 / 13 Union Rosa
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2014 at 10:59am
All this snow in Toronto right now… sucks knowing it'll all be melted away in the weekend.  What a waste.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2014 at 4:10pm
Thx ktown! Can't wait till it's all over.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2014 at 3:38pm
good luck on the exam
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2014 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by fj5

I don't think I'll be visiting any casinos while I'm there.  I don't have money for that anyway haha.  We booked hotels and stays through hotwire and airbnb.  I think we're avoiding those small shady hotels. LOL

Looking forward to the Christmas markets I keep hearing about.  I hope to take a lot of pictures of everything. I just have to decide what equipment to bring.  This is always hard for me, I usually overpack since I'm afraid to underpack.  I was considering a tripod but starting to lean towards a monopod instead.  D600 + 28-80 + 50?  Lightweight setup… or just shoot with my Note4 throughout the trip. haha

Von44, good luck man, I hope it's not as bad as you predict!

Thx fj5! Last exam tmw afternoon.

As for the Christmas market, it gets busy around 4-5pm so hopefully you can beat the massive crowd.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2014 at 2:34pm
The excitement and people tossing chips onto the table is how the house makes its cash.  i never put more on the table than i'm up, rarely if ever play hard ways or the field, and i pretty much stick to 6 and 8 for odds even.

but... i was apart of 4 different absolute heaters this weekend.

a guy named John at Planet Hollywood held the dice for over 30 minutes, and hit 5-6 6's after i had already pressed the 6.  and he hit 5 different points!!  So much cash in so little time.  $150+ up during that run alone, after starting the run with only $5 left in my hand.  sometimes the dice just smile at you.

A cowboy in a Texas flag shirt did me almost as much good the next night.  Being a part of a heater is so so much fun!
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2014 at 1:46pm
man, I always lose at the craps table. I get excited and put money on all the numbers. (not the hardways) and the odds too of course. Then someone will crap out. Never had that long run before. Always hear about it though.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2014 at 12:38pm
^^ Funny you should mention that.  I just got back from a little fun time in Vegas.

/ I hope the Wynn, the Riviera, Excalibur, Planet Hollywood, and the Monte Carlo can keep their lights on after I took all their monies at the craps tables. Big smile

#fatwallet
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2014 at 12:16pm
I don't think I'll be visiting any casinos while I'm there.  I don't have money for that anyway haha.  We booked hotels and stays through hotwire and airbnb.  I think we're avoiding those small shady hotels. LOL

Looking forward to the Christmas markets I keep hearing about.  I hope to take a lot of pictures of everything. I just have to decide what equipment to bring.  This is always hard for me, I usually overpack since I'm afraid to underpack.  I was considering a tripod but starting to lean towards a monopod instead.  D600 + 28-80 + 50?  Lightweight setup… or just shoot with my Note4 throughout the trip. haha

Von44, good luck man, I hope it's not as bad as you predict!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 627>