Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 353354355356357 610>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Online Status: Offline
  Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Randomness Thread
    Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Originally posted by robnezz23

Just noticed that the Staff Picks section changed... Finally!!

Are they even worth it to look at?  Sales are like nonexistent nowadays especially on here.  

The good ole' days of Sierra Snowboard 80% off sales are long gone. Luckily I stocked up on outerwear when they had them.    
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 10:08am
letourneau41 - Congrats on the free binders you won in yesterday's Giveaway.
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 10:10am
Originally posted by ctoma

Thanks Man. Looking forward to getting my coupon code. I've been logging on every weekday for over a year. Eventually it had to happen.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 10:16am
with less than 500 people logged on on any given day, the chances are that most people should win once in less than 2 years. i'd have to say that i've beaten those odds quite a bit and have won at an average of about once a year. plus the freebies from members points..it's just a site that keeps on giving Star.
that said, with much fewer members now at thrive, the chances of winning something is even bigger! so get there, before it blows up and your chances get smaller and smaller.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 10:19am
Originally posted by letourneau41

Originally posted by ctoma

Thanks Man. Looking forward to getting my coupon code. I've been logging on every weekday for over a year. Eventually it had to happen.

Haha, tell that to the many people who have been logging on for 3+ years and have never won a thing. Tongue

Congrats, I like when a forum regular wins. It seems most of the time the winner is someone who I have never heard of.

lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 10:22am

yeah..i like it when one of the regulars win, because they're here for the community, not just to win a free board.

Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 11:00am
Yeah, a lot of the winners are just creepers that you never ever heard a word from and whether they ever bought anything either is another question too.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
LegalBoarding View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LegalBoarding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 11:34am
lol the 6 o'clock rush gets them all to log in. I remember seeing the # of people jumping crazy high like 1200. Sometimes i wonder if people just create different names to login and win. 
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 11:51am
It took me about 4 years to win a board, but it was totally worth it. I even took a pic of the chat screen with my phone because I had a difficult time believing it had happened. It made a bad week good. Smile
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
kyle521 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kyle521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 12:43pm
just got my new crowbars, they look sexyy
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 1:22pm
Just got my second broken blu ray from tigerdirect.  The first one worked for a day, I arranged an exchange, then two weeks later I'm told they stopped carrying that model but offered a replacement for 150% the cost of the one I ordered.  At some point they must have decided a good replacement was a damaged (dents, faceplate falling off) unit that didn't even turn on and already had the batteries in the remote w/ no factory packaging (other than the box).  WTF?
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 2:00pm
^jesus christ, that's silly.. thankfully I stopped shopping at Tiger Direct a long time ago. Those guys don't have a bleeding clue what they're doing half the time.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 2:06pm
they used to be good, I don't know what the hell has happened with them.  I wonder if the same thing happened to them that happened to harbor freight- bad management.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 2:48pm
Damn, that sucks about Tiger Direct. I didn't know they had gotten so crappy.

You have had problems with Harbor Freight?  Do you mean your local store or online?

I have never used HF online but I have shopped many times locally. I have never had a problem with them. They are great for their super cheap prices on stuff. Its nice to be able to spend the very minimum for a tool or a piece of equipment that you are only going to need to use once or twice.
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 3:07pm
Boreal is selling 3-seater chairs from one of their old lifts for $200 a pop.  Is that a reasonable price?  I would love to make an indoor/outdoor chair out of one, but I have no welding skills or equipment.  How much more do you think that would cost to have done?
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by screwyvarmint

Boreal is selling 3-seater chairs from one of their old lifts for $200 a pop.  Is that a reasonable price?  I would love to make an indoor/outdoor chair out of one, but I have no welding skills or equipment.  How much more do you think that would cost to have done?

you're probably going to end up paying about an extra 300 in labor and fabrication,really depends on how far you willing to go to salvage that lift into a outdoor set,that's pretty damn sweet to have that kind of set up in your living room or patio.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 5:48pm
My GPS led me astray. Frikn frustrating.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by solocreep

I hate it when that happens. I have an old GPS and since I'm too lazy to pay for some map updates, all the maps are outdated and sometimes the GPS leads me to the middle of nowhere.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 7:01pm

What drives me NUTS is when my GPS tells me to make a left...and then a u-turn...where I could of just made a RIGHT turn.

Garmin, you're a idiot sometimes.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 7:19pm
seriously so pumped for the Ryder Cup this weekend!
iamjason10 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote iamjason10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 8:21pm
stumbleupon will be the death of me
thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 8:29pm
Its been raining here for 3 days straight. i want to skateboard
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by iamjason10

stumbleupon? try reddit :P
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2012 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by bootleg

you're probably going to end up paying about an extra 300 in labor and fabrication,really depends on how far you willing to go to salvage that lift into a outdoor set,that's pretty damn sweet to have that kind of set up in your living room or patio.

Yeesh, that's what I was afraid of.  $200 for one already set up as a chair would be awesome, but I can't blow $500.  Too bad none of my friends are welders.  One's a carpenter, but that's not gonna be adequate.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 1:45am
Originally posted by chillwill

Damn, that sucks about Tiger Direct. I didn't know they had gotten so crappy.

You have had problems with Harbor Freight?  Do you mean your local store or online?

I have never used HF online but I have shopped many times locally. I have never had a problem with them. They are great for their super cheap prices on stuff. Its nice to be able to spend the very minimum for a tool or a piece of equipment that you are only going to need to use once or twice.
I haven't really had problems with HF, but their prices have gone up.  And they changed some policies, like the 20% coupon.  A year ago I used one to buy a compressor, this year I had to get another compressor and was told the coupon wasn't good on those.   The manager tried to tell me that they've never taken that coupon for compressors (or 50 other things in the small print), she actually argued with me about it.  They did take those about a year and a half ago, they changed the policy.  At least be straight up and say that much if that's the case, why lie to a customer?
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 6:21am
You know when u have a dream that you're going pee, you supposedly pee the bed. Well I had a dream that I dropped a deuce. Woke up, checked myself... All good. Whew.

But I did drop a deuce this morning so I guess dreams can tell the future. the prophecy has been fulfilled!
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
iamjason10 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote iamjason10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 6:31am
Originally posted by twolf123

Originally posted by iamjason10

stumbleupon? try reddit :P

my bud is addicted to reddit, im trying to stay away so i can actually do school work
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote 360faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 6:52am
Only thing FOX News is good for:

Live coverage of a L.A. car chase is currently on...
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 7:13am
Went to a local hockey game last night with some friends. Had suite seats (ultimately our employer pays for a set, and we got them for free), and have enjoyed our previous visits, but last night the service was phukkin terrible. They were definitely understaffed for the event, but they seemed to not even make an effort to do their best with what they had. GF hit the bathroom in our suite right as we got there. The waitress showed up and took our drink orders. I didn't know what she wanted, and generally they're back in like 5 minutes so i figured she could order whatever she wanted when the server got back. But she decided to be impatient and went to the bar. She came back with her beer and it was another 10 minutes until the server returned with our order. Unacceptable. Not too long after that, my gf and a buddy each ordered a pizza. They're 20 bucks, and generally its about a 20 minute wait before they return with a Dominos pizza box. This time it took about an hour and 15 minutes, and they came in with two trays carrying what had to have been some Freschetta frozen pizza bullshit or something. The waitress explained that "they ran out of pepperoni, and had to go get more".. That's a miserable excuse to begin with, but my gf ordered a cheese pizza... soooo WTF?
Decided to order drinks from the bar after that, and they were helpful (and fast.. imagine that!). The game came to a close (home team won :) ), and we still had like half the pizza left. So when the waitress came in for us to pay our tabs, we asked if we could get a box or something to carry out the leftovers. She explained that that's against the rules, but she'd go try to find something, so long as we hid it on the way back. So we stood around waiting for her to return. In the meanwhile, this security person kept walking by the door, glaring into our suite, announcing "You guys need to go.".. 30 seconds later he'd walk by again, "you guys need to go".. We responded "we're waiting for our server to come back"... "it's time to go guys".. so we closed the door. He proceeded into the next suite, and hung his bald head around the corner "it's time to go, guys." My other friend was already in a pissy mood cuz service was so terrible, and that was the last straw. "Hey!", he erupts, "We were told by that B#$*) that she was going to come back! We've been standing here waiting for her, so you need to shut up! That F$)(%*ing B&#%* of a waitress that she was gonna come back, but like most the evening, that B#*@& didn't live up to her promises. You guys need to hire some people who know how to do their jobs, rather than ones like that B&@*(% who just make sorry-ass excuses. So F#(@ YOU!".

That's fairly shortened, as he must've called the waitress a Bi+ch like 12 times. I had NEVER seen him even remotely blow up before, so seeing that was... well.. AWESOME! We all kinda felt the point was made, so we left without our pizza.
ijustchillin View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ijustchillin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 7:41am
Just bought a gym pass. Time to get in shape!
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 10:06am
Lucky, I hope you didn't tip her!  I don't see why you can't take your food to go, it's not like it was a damn buffet.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 10:11am

You know when u have a dream that you're going pee, you supposedly pee the bed. Well I had a dream that I dropped a deuce. Woke up, checked myself... All good. Whew.

But I did drop a deuce this morning so I guess dreams can tell the future. the prophecy has been fulfilled!
I had a dream last night I was hooking up with my brothers stripper ex.....when I woke up I checked and lucky me....no std'sLOL
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Lucky, I hope you didn't tip her!  I don't see why you can't take your food to go, it's not like it was a damn buffet.

Indeed i did not :). I tipped the bartender, since he was quick, poured a bit heavy (woot!), and in light of their "2-drink per person" limit, carried the third beer of one of my orders back to the suite. But the server at the room didnt get a dime from me beyond the $8 for my beer. The pizza was actually 18, and i think my gf just left her with the 2 remaining bucks from the 20... which almost makes us look like poor tippers rather than people who reward good service.
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 11:50am
Finally got the license, first night driving solo to work.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 12:02pm
^^ Congrats Steeze!  Freedom!!  Do you have restrictions on it, like can't have any passengers for certain period of time?  (So maybe not total freedom, haha)
kyle521 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kyle521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 12:20pm
anyone else goin hard this weekend?
sdip12 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Stash

Quote sdip12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 12:32pm
Yeah i am, im pumped for this weekend. We are getting a party bus to pick us up and take us to a club in boston. We are going with our fraternity. Are any of you guys in fraternity's?
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by 360faceplant

Only thing FOX News is good for:

Live coverage of a L.A. car chase is currently on...

Apparently it didn't end very pretty either.  Eeeek.  What a clean-up job they'll have over there at Fox.

"Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!"
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 12:51pm
Congrats Steeze. I'm learning right now, hopefully I will join the club soon!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by sdip12

Yeah i am, im pumped for this weekend. We are getting a party bus to pick us up and take us to a club in boston. We are going with our fraternity. Are any of you guys in fraternity's?

For whatever reason, the image of a buncha jersey shore dudes popped into my head when i read this. Additionally, if anyone is, i hope they're able to spell the plural: fraternities. Also, I'm not, because I'm a straight man. <snicker>
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 1:21pm
sdip12 - Lambda Lambda Lambda?
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 3:06pm
Congrats steeze on getting your licence. Drive carefully!

And what's going on this weekend? Is it some statutory holiday? I didn't even know
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Originally posted by sdip12

For whatever reason, the image of a buncha jersey shore dudes popped into my head when i read this. Additionally, if anyone is, i hope they're able to spell the plural: fraternities. Also, I'm not, because I'm a straight man. <snicker>
I also am not into homosexual erotic initiation rituals or living with a bunch of dudes. 
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 4:09pm
Man, just leaning back in my desk chair with the coon when I heard a snap and we both tumbled backward.  She's freaked out and hiding, I'm thinking I should be hiding desk chairs from my fat ass.  I actually broke the screws that were holding the chair to the plate/roller.
bluepolkadot View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bluepolkadot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 6:19pm
Called the GF at work and she forgot her lunch, so I had some Jimmy Johns delivered to her. Called her co worker and asked her to tell my gf not to get to generous with the tip as I am inbetween pay day.

wonder if that made me sound like a cheap ass.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 6:39pm

I've had the same problems with my gps. I'm at the point where I don't listen to what it tells me. I quickly look at a map or direction of travel and go. Maybe should've gone with a tomtom.
MikeD13559 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MikeD13559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 7:16pm
hahahaa!!! Cougarlife.com!  really!??!  there is a website to go look for 'cougars'!?!?!? 
I don't think I'm bad... I don't box, no karate... just here to make friends with everybody
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by MikeD13559

hahahaa!!! Cougarlife.com!  really!??!  there is a website to go look for 'cougars'!?!?!? 

Since when were we talking about "cougars"? I don't want to search for them.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 7:40pm
^It's more like, they search for YOU!!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 10:37pm
Later today is Smithsonian free museum day, but I would rather stay home and watch baseball.  Why couldn't they pick a better time of year?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 353354355356357 610>