Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 361362363364365 609>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Randomness Thread
    Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 9:48am
Originally posted by JoeRocket1212

alas, i am back to this forum...  after being burned several times for spam posts that i didn't think were warranted, i spent my time on my other forum that i enjoyed.  slick deals.  but now that snowboard season is just around the corner, it's hard to stay away...  this is my go to snowboard talk fix.

so the turning key, i saw a deal on slick deals for these hand warmers.  15 bucks fro a box of 40 pairs of hand warmers.  i've used these in the past before, but always saw it as wasteful.  but for .37 cents a pair, they are super cheap!  anyone have any feedback on them?

I bought a box of those warmers before for toes and hands, they do get pretty warm or even hot, but they're small so it can only keep a small area warm.  I don't find them necessary because your phalanges get cold before your hands, but you don't have any room in your gloves to stick some in there unless of course you're wearing mittens.  Yeah, wearing mittens would be a better idea to wear when using them.  I find the toe warmers ineffective, but the hand ones work well.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
highway12south View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 11:07am
They fired up the guns last night at the shoe
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 11:37am
Can't wait for the new season, just about a month till my resort opens. I'm getting too excited just thinking about it.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 12:12pm
Wow actually excited to see a rain storm earlier in the morning good signs to come for this season ,already checked the local hills no white stuff yet such a tease,how many of you out there have maintain your chains by cleaning and relubing to prevent corrosion?
kyle521 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kyle521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 12:37pm
they are makin snow at killington
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 12:38pm
Really wanted to go see further tonight in Northern Va ..work got in the way
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 2:28pm
Today's randomness: Anatomy of a Toyota Supra turbocharger.

snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 3:30pm
Man, I can't believe it's the last season of 30 Rock, I love that show.  I think they should have went for 10 seasons.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 3:35pm
Getting excited for the VP debate that is about to be on.

It should be pretty good. Entertaining at least.
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by chillwill

I bet Joe Biden is going to mess up in his debate. I heard that he always does :P
thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by snowboardinrox357

I bet Joe Biden is going to mess up in his debate. I heard that he always does :P

I thought he did pretty well
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by thisisjoebro

Biden did better than I expected him to.

But It was really annoying how he kept grinning, laughing and rolling his eyes whenever Ryan was talking. Very immature.

All in all they both did ok. Biden was pretty rude though the way he constantly interrupted Ryan.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 5:47pm
I just finished teaching 3 hours of hip hop to kids from age 8-15. I'm beat.
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 5:57pm

Originally posted by thisisjoebro

Biden did better than I expected him to.

But It was really annoying how he kept grinning, laughing and rolling his eyes whenever Ryan was talking. Very immature.

All in all they both did ok. Biden was pretty rude though the way he constantly interrupted Ryan.

Yeah he was pretty rude. Well, at least it made it more entertaining haha.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 8:35pm
First day counseling patients about their medication tomorrow! Stoked..butscared that I might make an ass of myself.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 10:39pm
job interview sunday, woohoo!
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 12:10am
R.I.P to all the victims of the Bali bombings 10 years ago. Some pretty rough stories being brought up by the media again. Just out of curiosity, did it get much coverage in the US/Canada?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 12:25am
Ordered Further on DVD .. Can't wait to check it out
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Online
  Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 1:49am
Forgot to mention, when I was coming home and going through Customs in Canada, I had an customs agent that looked like Sagat from Street Fighter 2 - minus the eye patch. All I could think of was him yelling "Tiger knee!!". I barely held in the laughter, knowing had I not, I would've got an uncomfortable strip search.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 2:45am
^^^woodyy05 some really rough stories!! I think it was ?60 minutes? that had people on telling their tales, very moving stuff and a sad day in Aus history
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 4:38am
Boom. Just like that, It's Friday
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 5:03am
So I'm really hoping there's no secret monitoring system my company has come up with to keep tabs on our Shelby.  Had a few bursts of spirited driving yesterday.  I was safe and didn't get out of control, but they might not be happy about how heavy my foot got at moments.
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 5:22am
Damn you mens warehouse! Went in to pick up my tux this morning, and my shoes still have not come in. They said to come back in 2 hours and they will be there...funny, I thought I had to be at work in 2 hours. Too busy today for shit like this.

Oh, and snowJ, I would bet they have some kind of monitoring system. How heavy of a foot are we talking? Wink
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 5:32am
"You're going to like the way you look"... well, wearing a tux without shoes really won't make you like the way you look.  bmw - call George Zimmer and tell him how you feel.
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 6:06am
Originally posted by ctoma

"You're going to like the way you look"... well, wearing a tux without shoes really won't make you like the way you look.  bmw - call George Zimmer and tell him how you feel.

I had a wedding I was in 2 weeks ago and I had to pick up my tux from Men's Wearhouse. I tried on my pants and they ended just below my knees.   Fortunately there was time to fix them before the wedding otherwise I would have been wearing Highwaters.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 7:25am
I've heard some horror stories about Mens Wearhouse like this too.  But I must say for whatever reason they got everything right for my wedding.  Dumb luck I guess.
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 7:34am
I think the only wedding i've been a part of where everything showed up when it was supposed to, and how it was supposed to look was my own.

But, me and the groomsmen were wearing dress kilts.  We got them from a place called Kilt Rental USA in Arizona.  The sales guy called me once a week for the 6 weeks prior to the wedding just to check in and let me know it was all good.  Then, i got a sweet coupon on my first anniversary too. (never used it, but still... pretty cool).  Not only did all the stuff show up on time (4 days before the wedding), but it was all there and everything fit perfectly.  Even my size 8.5 extra wide shoes, and my best man's size 14 shoes. 
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 7:50am
Wooo dogggie, this Mammoth video I just watched got me psyched!

screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 8:27am
Originally posted by batmanwest

Damn you mens warehouse! Went in to pick up my tux this morning, and my shoes still have not come in. They said to come back in 2 hours and they will be there...funny, I thought I had to be at work in 2 hours. Too busy today for shit like this.

Oh, and snowJ, I would bet they have some kind of monitoring system. How heavy of a foot are we talking? Wink

I know someone who used to work in the MW stores.  Most of the issues he said were not the fault of the people in the store, just the greater distribution system they have.  I would say always allow a lot of extra time in case something goes wrong.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Von44

Forgot to mention, when I was coming home and going through Customs in Canada, I had an customs agent that looked like Sagat from Street Fighter 2 - minus the eye patch. All I could think of was him yelling "Tiger knee!!". I barely held in the laughter, knowing had I not, I would've got an uncomfortable strip search.

That is awesome! and yes, you probably would have lol. It's too bad ya couldn't get a pic to entertain us all!

Originally posted by screwyvarmint

I know someone who used to work in the MW stores.  Most of the issues he said were not the fault of the people in the store, just the greater distribution system they have.  I would say always allow a lot of extra time in case something goes wrong.

I'm in total agreement with this. I like Men's Warehouse, but they've never been the speediest at getting anything done. A buddy ordered a tux and a suit from em and needed the former in a hurry. The closest MW to here is an hour drive away, so when he drove up there to pick up his items, and they weren't ready for his symphonic performance, he was really upset. (and who wouldnt be after wasting 20+ bucks in gas for nothing). Fortunately I had to make a trip up there the following day and was able to pick it up for him and save him a trip :). Point of the story being.. whatever ya order, make sure you tell em you need it a week before ya actually do :) .
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 9:39am
Originally posted by woodyy05

R.I.P to all the victims of the Bali bombings 10 years ago. Some pretty rough stories being brought up by the media again. Just out of curiosity, did it get much coverage in the US/Canada?

Bali as in the little tropical island?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 11:44am
Hope Im not a tight miser when I get old like a lot of homeowners wanting work done these days
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 3:08pm
Just pre-ordered The Dark Knight rises bluray!!! Can't wait to own such a great trilogy!Big smile
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 3:36pm
Maybe it's just me, but did anybody else like the Michael Keaton era of Batman more? I liked it because it was more raw, clever, and grittier. Less upfront about the characters. Tell me I'm not alone.

And then there was latex...
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 4:39pm
Yeah, I think keaton was the best Batman. But I love pfieffer and berry as cat woman.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by batmanwest

I hit 100 a few times.  I'm good to go up to 130, but I think they meant that on the track, probably not I-75.  I know the vdr they usually use, it wasn't in there and I didn't see anything else funny.  I haven't heard anything yet and I figure if I don't hear anything next week I'm good.  I've got to drive it early next week too so I'm going to try to be a good boy.  They've got to expect some of that though since they are giving me a damn near 700hp car to drive.
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by snowj720

They've got to expect some of that though since they are giving me a damn near 700hp car to drive.

God I hope so. And it's cool, 75 is a great route to speed on. Spent my fair share of hours/days/weeks/months on that road.

So at the rehearsal dinner tonight, the wife and I have made it final. Alaska trip for a super late honeymoon next year during the thick of winter. Airfare is way cheaper than both of us thought. Now to save up for that heli ride.
twolf123 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote twolf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Lux

Maybe it's just me, but did anybody else like the Michael Keaton era of Batman more? I liked it because it was more raw, clever, and grittier. Less upfront about the characters. Tell me I'm not alone.

that's pretty hot...i'd neve wear it but i would love to see this on others...
/creeper
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by twolf123

Originally posted by Lux

that's pretty hot...i'd neve wear it but i would love to see this on others...
/creeper

That's an interesting outfit. It would make a great Halloween costume though.
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by mluu003

Just pre-ordered The Dark Knight rises bluray!!! Can't wait to own such a great trilogy!Big smile

I have #2 on blu-ray and will be getting #3.  My copy of Batman Begins is a DVD tho, since I didn't have a blu-ray machine or hdtv back then.  My brother thinks I should feel obligated to buy it again on blu-ray, but I don't think I like it enough to do that.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 10:42pm
I am so screwed for my first half marathon this Sunday... just haven't trained at all.
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2012 at 11:33pm
i hope people dress up as catwomen over bane this year...like, a lot more

because you have to be really ripped to be bane
also, no one likes jokers, that was WAY overdone...
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2012 at 12:43am
waves are in the forecast midweek 
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2012 at 12:58am
The new batman trilogy is my favourite, the older ones just don't stack up in my opinion production wise
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2012 at 5:29am
Fussy toddler woke me up early.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2012 at 8:53am
Originally posted by screwyvarmint

Originally posted by mluu003

I have #2 on blu-ray and will be getting #3.  My copy of Batman Begins is a DVD tho, since I didn't have a blu-ray machine or hdtv back then.  My brother thinks I should feel obligated to buy it again on blu-ray, but I don't think I like it enough to do that.

I always have that problem too with great series...I hate buying them separately. Down side is I have to wait until the series or trilogy ENDS in order to get the complete box set.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2012 at 8:58am
5 sheets 5/8 plywood strapped  on top of a subaru wagon... check
LittleShooey View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2012 at 10:35am
Originally posted by highway12south

Bottomed out springs: check. LOL
Senior TS dinosaur drawer-er.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2012 at 10:37am
Originally posted by highway12south

Uhh why?  Building a ramp or something?  Shocked
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2012 at 11:11am
Just for work. SO 200 pounds will bottom out the springs?.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 361362363364365 609>