The New Randomness Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 412413414415416 627>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Randomness Thread
    Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 7:38am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Just load up on the vitamins and caffeine! And the demo day might allow ya to try something new! Do you know which manufacturer(s) are gonna be there? If nothing else... just mob over to Snowj's place and just use his back yard ;)

I've been loading up on vitamins and insane amounts of fluids, but only a little bit of caffeine though as to not dehydrate myself. Oh, and to not go through withdraw symptoms LOL I am also a firm believer of zicam rapid melts. They almost always work for me, and get me back on my feet in a 2 days or so.

The problem this time though is I once again am quitting cigarettes so that is adding to the cough and sinus problems. I hate how that is usually the case when you quit. It's like, what the hell body, I'm doing you a favor and you act like you are sick!? Anyways, I am giving the e-cig a try this time. So far (and granted it has only been 48 hours) it seems to help a lot. Not a fan of the taste, but it helps. It's also nice that you can step down the nicotine levels as well. 
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 4:00pm
Got my heel edge caught yesterday bombing a mountain riding switch...damn you whip lash. My neck is in so much pain!

Damn noob mistakes.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 4:11pm
Dammit, they cut OT at work.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 4:49pm
Not sure if you seen the previous full video I posted yesterday(page back) but here's another awesome full video that won't disappoint you! 

Dirty Bastards presents "Low Key"
https://vimeo.com/56082088

Definitely check it out if you're into jibbing or at least appreciate it. 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 5:51pm
It's a shame when people go on wheel of fortune and get shut out.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 6:48pm
It's been a while since I've been here.

I moved up to Mammoth for the season...shy of 2 months I moved back down to socal because I broke my leg.  Don't ever break your leg kids, it sucks.  I'm now on crutches and told to be good about not putting weight on my leg so the fracture can heal.  Good thing is it's a fracture, bad thing this will take ~4 months to heal.  So...I'm missing all the good parts of the season.  Yay me...

My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 7:42pm
Just came back from the mountain and I was stuck on the lift for 10 mins because all the power died. Lights, Lift, Everything. Kinda scary...
shreddog_123 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Duck season

Quote shreddog_123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 11:28pm
I really wish I had the money to upgrade to pro on flickr. the whole "only shows the most recent 200 pictures" rule is pretty annoying.
Do you know God???
Instructor
Instructor
Duck season

Quote shreddog_123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by shreddog_123

I really wish I had the money to upgrade to pro on flickr. the whole "only shows the most recent 200 pictures" rule is pretty annoying.

Was it Skibowl by any chance?
Do you know God???
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 11:36pm

It was Skibowl. Were you there too?
Instructor
Instructor
Duck season

Quote shreddog_123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by humblerooster

haha no but last year the same thing happened on Multorpor. The lift house caught fire and I was stuck on the lift for 33 minutes before moving a good 50ft and then the back up generator failed too. After another leg numbing 45 minutes they finally got it working enough to get all of us off. The only thing I could think of was that movie "Frozen". At least I Had a good story to tell.
Do you know God???
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2013 at 11:53pm

Originally posted by humblerooster

haha no but last year the same thing happened on Multorpor. The lift house caught fire and I was stuck on the lift for 33 minutes before moving a good 50ft and then the back up generator failed too. After another leg numbing 45 minutes they finally got it working enough to get all of us off. The only thing I could think of was that movie "Frozen". At least I Had a good story to tell.

HAHA weird how there are people all around the world on this site and you guessed the exact resort I was at. Props. I was on the Multopor Lift too.

We were stuck for about 10-15 mins and then they began to work again. My friend and I were talking about frozen the whole time. People on the mountain got so scared that they took off their boards and began to walk down the mountain..
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 3:41am
Up before my alarm again. That's 2 days in a row.
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 4:06am
^thats fine, means you got enough sleep. worst on friday morning, alarm woke up at 6, l didn't know l set the alarm 
for fantastic outdoor deals, checkout:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/KelvinChung
mbesp View Drop Down
Local
Local
Hello

Quote mbesp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 5:25am
mmm cheese

rosati777 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 5:53am
What the hell is that ^^^ Why do they put so much chees on there? How are you supposed to eat that? LOL
mbesp View Drop Down
Local
Local
Hello

Quote mbesp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 6:06am
it is awesomeness and you can never have too much cheese.
   I choose to cut the ring of cheese off the outside and then eat it by itself. its like a cheese curd kinda haha. My brother just folded the ring back into the burger and ate it all at once.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 6:44am
^ its missing bacon
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 7:04am
Wow that is alot of cheese when the overflow can create a ring around the burger. Was that done on purpose?
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 7:29am
can't complain that there was too much cheese... is the deep fried thing cheese also?
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JennyLi
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 7:32am
Driving a tug at the airport. Pretty cool, but loud as heck.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 8:51am
Originally posted by hana24

I moved up to Mammoth for the season...shy of 2 months I moved back down to socal because I broke my leg.  Don't ever break your leg kids, it sucks.  I'm now on crutches and told to be good about not putting weight on my leg so the fracture can heal.  Good thing is it's a fracture, bad thing this will take ~4 months to heal.  So...I'm missing all the good parts of the season.  Yay me...

Hey hana! Those of us that are too lazy for more than one forum miss you! LOL

Really sorry to hear about your season dude. Never broke a leg before, but have done the ankles twice. Sending good vibes your way, can't believe you finally move to the mtns and have to cut your season short due to injury. Maybe this will give you some time to start cranking out some needle point? Wink

What were you doing that caused the fracture?
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 9:35am
That cheese is ridiculous! Would be nice if it's a mix of different cheese or is it like that? I only see American. 
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 10:00am
Originally posted by batmanwest

Hey hana! Those of us that are too lazy for more than one forum miss you! LOL

Really sorry to hear about your season dude. Never broke a leg before, but have done the ankles twice. Sending good vibes your way, can't believe you finally move to the mtns and have to cut your season short due to injury. Maybe this will give you some time to start cranking out some needle point? Wink

What were you doing that caused the fracture?

Haha yeah last night I was like...you know what I haven't gone over to TruSnow in a looong time.  I should go over there and say what's up since I'm just sitting on the couch LOL

Thanks for the vibes and it's kind of embarrassing how I injured myself, but basically I slid out on ice trying to avoid these ppl stopped in the middle of the run and I slammed my knee into the post of a slow sign.

Yeah ski patrol who picked me up was like...kind of ironic huh?  Going too fast and getting stopped by a slow sign.  I was like yeah yeah...you know what could've prevented this injury?  Not having the slow sign made out of whatever material you had so it would've broke instead of my tibia. 

How have you been?

Updated weekly!
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 11:32am
Originally posted by sdwc96

^ its missing bacon

Bacon would of made it awesome indeed.  

Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 11:35am
Originally posted by solocreep

Driving a tug at the airport. Pretty cool, but loud as heck.
Did you actually get to tow or push out a bird?
snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 12:01pm
hm should i take down my christmas lights or leave them up the whole year...
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by snowflakez

hm should i take down my christmas lights or leave them up the whole year...

I was thinking the same thing. I'm too lazy to take the lights down. It would be easier just leaving them there so I don't have to put them up next year :D
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 2:08pm

Haha yeah last night I was like...you know what I haven't gone over to TruSnow in a looong time.  I should go over there and say what's up since I'm just sitting on the couch LOL

Thanks for the vibes and it's kind of embarrassing how I injured myself, but basically I slid out on ice trying to avoid these ppl stopped in the middle of the run and I slammed my knee into the post of a slow sign.

Yeah ski patrol who picked me up was like...kind of ironic huh?  Going too fast and getting stopped by a slow sign.  I was like yeah yeah...you know what could've prevented this injury?  Not having the slow sign made out of whatever material you had so it would've broke instead of my tibia. 

How have you been?

Oh holy shit, I am sorry but I can't stop laughing. I read that to my wife and she said.."Dayum, that's like getting hit by and ambulance!". Christ on a cracker, that really blows dude. Even though I couldn't help but laugh, I feel for you dude. I couldn't think of a shittier way of having my season ended, and I know you were really looking forward to this season being down in Mammoth. Next year...next year I tell ya, it's going to be a great one all around!

As for me, I've been pretty well. Getting over a gnarly case of tree mold in the lungs because I got wasted new years and burnt a bunch of wood I shouldn't of. Working at a local bike show now with a ton of people I have known for years, and doing wood working on the side to pad the bank account. Finally getting my first day on the snow tomorrow, and have a week and half long trip planned for VT in just a few weeks. Oh...and Alaska. That's happening. Alaska 2014! The wife and I have done a bunch of planning so far (but not near enough) and have a savings account set up (that got padded nicely from christmas, woop!) so we can finally make this dream happen. Other than all that, just riding my bike a lot and playing with wood. LOL

We miss your tentacles around here hana!
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 2:28pm
Freaking mall are so busy. I hate the amount of people. Hoy myself a nice sweater though 
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JennyLi
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 2:35pm

How have you been?

Oh holy shit, I am sorry but I can't stop laughing. I read that to my wife and she said.."Dayum, that's like getting hit by and ambulance!". Christ on a cracker, that really blows dude. Even though I couldn't help but laugh, I feel for you dude. I couldn't think of a shittier way of having my season ended, and I know you were really looking forward to this season being down in Mammoth. Next year...next year I tell ya, it's going to be a great one all around!

As for me, I've been pretty well. Getting over a gnarly case of tree mold in the lungs because I got wasted new years and burnt a bunch of wood I shouldn't of. Working at a local bike show now with a ton of people I have known for years, and doing wood working on the side to pad the bank account. Finally getting my first day on the snow tomorrow, and have a week and half long trip planned for VT in just a few weeks. Oh...and Alaska. That's happening. Alaska 2014! The wife and I have done a bunch of planning so far (but not near enough) and have a savings account set up (that got padded nicely from christmas, woop!) so we can finally make this dream happen. Other than all that, just riding my bike a lot and playing with wood. LOL

We miss your tentacles around here hana!

Haha no prob.  It really is pretty funny how I hurt myself...a sign that is supposed to be there to protect people is what got me.  I'm so taking revenge on that sign next year.  And I've been advised it's really lame how I hurt myself on a stop sign and I should make something up like...I got caught in an avalanche on a double black and hit a tree or rock or something...but you know what?  The world needs to know how dangerous slow signs are!

That's awesome about working at the local bike shop and how you're gonna make Alaska happen.  Figured out which resort to go to in Alaska? 

I'll prob be visiting here more often...not like I have anywhere to go or do.  Bum leg kind of makes it hard to do much.  Hell I have a hard time carrying a plate of food from the kitchen to the table.

Updated weekly!
mbesp View Drop Down
Local
Local
Hello

Quote mbesp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 2:44pm
unfortunately I cant quote but its not American cheese it is cheddar. yes bacon would be a nice addition but it is already an awesome burger.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 3:27pm

Haha no prob.  It really is pretty funny how I hurt myself...a sign that is supposed to be there to protect people is what got me.  I'm so taking revenge on that sign next year.  And I've been advised it's really lame how I hurt myself on a stop sign and I should make something up like...I got caught in an avalanche on a double black and hit a tree or rock or something...but you know what?  The world needs to know how dangerous slow signs are!

That's awesome about working at the local bike shop and how you're gonna make Alaska happen.  Figured out which resort to go to in Alaska? 

I'll prob be visiting here more often...not like I have anywhere to go or do.  Bum leg kind of makes it hard to do much.  Hell I have a hard time carrying a plate of food from the kitchen to the table.

Gotta be honest, ya know. You should try and get a friend to chop the sign down for you, so you can stab it in the off season.

Yeah, the shop is super rad. I've always been into bikes since I was little, so this (minus the pay) is my dream job. So far all we know is we are going to check out eaglecrest. Spencer has done a great job of making me want to go there since the first week of me being a member here. A lot of details will be worked out mid summer. Got to see how much moneies we can save away to figure out what really is possible on this trip. Plan is to go end of jan/ early feb and to ride at least 3 days, and travel/explore at least 5 days.

Don't you have a man slave or something that can bring you food?!
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 3:30pm
That's good.  American cheese is terrible.  My favorite cheese for burgers is cheddar, swiss or pepper jack.

And if it has bacon it has to be crispy. Not good when you take a bite and the whole piece of bacon comes out.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 3:55pm
I tried to enter my friends wireless password and it's literally about 15 characters only. I'm soooo tired I fell asleep about 5-6 times in the middle of entering the pw, and had to start over every time cuz I didn't know what character I was on anymore
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 5:28pm
I can't believe my winter break is coming to an end! ahhhh. 
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 6:24pm

Gotta be honest, ya know. You should try and get a friend to chop the sign down for you, so you can stab it in the off season.

Yeah, the shop is super rad. I've always been into bikes since I was little, so this (minus the pay) is my dream job. So far all we know is we are going to check out eaglecrest. Spencer has done a great job of making me want to go there since the first week of me being a member here. A lot of details will be worked out mid summer. Got to see how much moneies we can save away to figure out what really is possible on this trip. Plan is to go end of jan/ early feb and to ride at least 3 days, and travel/explore at least 5 days.

Don't you have a man slave or something that can bring you food?!

Yeah I was thinking of bringing a box cutter with me so I could slash the sign in two...gotta do it when visibility is crap so no one can see what I'm doing.  The sign is unfortunately right underneath the lift and it's like 400-500ft from the lodge.  Yeah I was almost there and so close to making it home injury free. 

I also would love to hose it down with gasoline and light on fire...but I think that would attract unwanted attention LOL

I hear you about Spenser just making all of us want to go to Alaska.  I would love to get up there to shred one of these days.  If you go are you going to meet up with Spenser?

Man slave is currently down in San Diego visiting his friend...he should be returning tonight and see the mess I made in the kitchen LOL

Updated weekly!
thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 8:28pm
havent been in the forums lately cause Ive been snowboarding a lot. got home at 4am last night from snowboarding. Learned nollie frontboards which are so much fun
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 10:29pm
With school and work coming up next week... Goodbye snowboarding.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 1:46am
got home at 4am from snowboarding? Where have you been riding?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 2:52am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

He was riding here... http://www.skimadriver.com

They do something call "Midnight Madness". On the weekends where hours of operation are 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. It's weird too, I have been going there for 14 years, and I have never once done madness. Always wanted to...just never mad it happen. Maybe this year.
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 3:24am

They do something call "Midnight Madness". On the weekends where hours of operation are 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. It's weird too, I have been going there for 14 years, and I have never once done madness. Always wanted to...just never mad it happen. Maybe this year.

That sounds sick! 17 hour riding day haha. 
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 4:19am
Damn. Sounds like you need to bring a sleeping bag to nap in the car between sessions.
luv2shred View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
New 2012 setup for outerwear

Quote luv2shred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 6:36am
Finally learned my dream trick! Tongue This is the first one i have ever landed.

11 Dc lauri pro tone, 11 Rome s90 bindings

Check out www.wonsnow.com
rosati777 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 6:56am
^^^ You forgot the closing backslash in the [/Tube] Tag

Can't sleep in no more Cry It's off to school for another term.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 7:56am
Originally posted by dvdngu

Damn 3am...that's nuts.  I wonder how crowded it is that late at night.

Updated weekly!
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 8:02am

Originally posted by dvdngu

Damn 3am...that's nuts.  I wonder how crowded it is that late at night.

That sounds intense...and cold as hell.

Do a lot of people participate in that?
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 8:50am
after 8 mints for 2.99 is a fantastic deal. its going all to my waist though 
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 10:11am
my iphone doesn't hold the charge as long as I wished it would. i bet u apple does this on purpose so they can sell the next generation phone
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2013 at 10:14am
Originally posted by luv2shred

Finally learned my dream trick! Tongue This is the first one i have ever landed.

Nice!  That's one trick I would love to learn how to do as well and I will eventually....

Night boarding is usually not crowded so I would think the place would be pretty empty, just the way I like it.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 412413414415416 627>