Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 351352353354355 618>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Online Status: Offline
  Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Randomness Thread
    Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 8:36am
In case any of you did not get the email from TruSnow they sent out a coupon code for 10% off (excluding 2013 swag). The code is "TRU-10", and is valid until Sept. 28th.

So if any of you need any new stuffs and have some cash lying around; now wouldn't be too bad a time to act! Big smile
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 8:37am
Bet it doesn't apply if you already have a Member discount though.  Anybody checked on this yet?
MikeD13559 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Online Status: Online
  Quote MikeD13559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 8:49am
doesn't work w/ your member's discount.  More of a deal to share w/ your friends who are not members.. I see you working Troutdoors marketing team Wink
I don't think I'm bad... I don't box, no karate... just here to make friends with everybody
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:02am
holy moly an unlocked iphone 5 is going for over $1000 on ebay! WTF.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:21am
Isn't the member discount better?  Shouldn't it be better if you got your non member buds to join the community instead?
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:44am
Originally posted by robnezz23

Bet it doesn't apply if you already have a Member discount though.  Anybody checked on this yet?

Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Isn't the member discount better?  Shouldn't it be better if you got your non member buds to join the community instead?

DAMN! i checked.. and you are right :(. It does not work in addition to Member Points rewards. :( bummer! So yes, if your regular discount is >10%, then by all means, use it. I'm kinda bummed now! Was totally gonna buy a board on payday tomorrow.. but since my discount is the same, I'll just wait til my member points increase.

snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:48am

That'd be like kicking it old school Sierra style if you could double up the discount.  I'd be getting 25% off if they'd let us do that.  Bummer cause I've got a buddy looking for new bindings and boots.
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:49am
^Disappointing.  That bonus 10% tricked me into shopping some more, but now I feel no rush again.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Quote robnezz23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 10:12am
No rush!!?? Are you kidding?  There's only 3 months left until Christmas!!!!   And even less til the whole world ends!
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 10:25am
TruSnow better step up their game.  10% off is nothing.

With all the competition on-line you would think that at least once a year they would have some type of blow out sale.

julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 10:54am
Back in the days of Sierra Snow, yes. These days probably not. It was great while it lasted. Sierra boards 70% off, Stunts for $99. I still kick myself for not pulling the trigger on that stunt.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by julius77

Back in the days of Sierra Snow, yes. These days probably not. It was great while it lasted. Sierra boards 70% off, Stunts for $99. I still kick myself for not pulling the trigger on that stunt.

I remember those days. That's the reason I have too much gear. Haven't bought much since. I wait till cyber Monday or end of season.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 3:09pm
Hanging in a hotel for a week...yay for business travel. Need to pick & choose good places to eat this week!
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 4:50pm
Did a radiator job at work on a Chrysler in 30 minutes, documented labour time for it charged to the customer was 2.5 hours. Chrysler was generous enough to give me, free of charge, a nice assortment of cuts, bruises, and other redness on my forearms.
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 5:13pm
Why does school have to be so hard? I have a physics quiz and chemistry quiz on Wednesday and a calculus test on Thursday.
thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 7:34pm

Stunts for $99 !?!? I don't believe you. How much was the reverse crew then?
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by thisisjoebro

When that Staff Pick special came on, a group of us bought 3 Stunts and 2 V-Spots, $99 each! Back in the SS days, I picked up the R. Crew for $179, Dakine split roller luggage for $48, board roller for $57... and bindings were STEALS too!

I do miss those days, but I guess one good thing that came from these higher prices is this... rather than having all my focus on buying new gear for cheap, I just use the gear I already have and spend more money on trips!
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
iamjason10 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote iamjason10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 8:50pm
i cant help but always do my homework at the last minute... 
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 10:41pm

yeah, i think they had that promo every week on mondays...at one point, they sold a limited edition sierra crew for $100 or something like that...a combo deal with hte union contact SL/the sierra branded bindings...quite a few people still run around with that load-out
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 10:45pm
Just got a job offer at PC to be a lift op.  Now to decide if that's something I actually want to do all winter..
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 11:20pm
^I can't believe I missed out on the $99 Stunt.  I actually went to the Sacramento store frequently before I ever bothered to visit their website.  Stupid of me.

Totally unrelated...  Would I be just as stupid if I decided to buy white snowboarding pants that would likely be stained first day out?  I should go with blue instead right?  I need more than my beige pants and black pants, but I'm terrible at making up my mind.
highway12south View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 12:59am
 Started a new project yesterday    12 ft garage walls = PITA
grapeape2669 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote grapeape2669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 3:29am
Originally posted by robsta

Just got a job offer at PC to be a lift op.  Now to decide if that's something I actually want to do all winter..
I might be wrong, but that just seems like a bad job.  I guess your days off would be fun, but I don't understand working at a resort and just watching other people ride the lift all day.  It would drive me nuts.
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 3:45am
Originally posted by grapeape2669

Originally posted by robsta

I might be wrong, but that just seems like a bad job.  I guess your days off would be fun, but I don't understand working at a resort and just watching other people ride the lift all day.  It would drive me nuts.

Apart from being outside constantly when it's ridiculously cold out (obviously depending on where and in what country you're working), being a lifty is one of the best jobs out there. They generally work in a three man rotation on the lifts - one on the bottom, one up the top and one on a 20 minute ride break, and then they rotate on from there. You're riding literally every day of the season if you are riding every one of your days off.
That definitely doesn't sound like an average job to me.
LittleShooey View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LittleShooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 4:44am
Originally posted by screwyvarmint

Totally unrelated...  Would I be just as stupid if I decided to buy white snowboarding pants that would likely be stained first day out?  I should go with blue instead right?  I need more than my beige pants and black pants, but I'm terrible at making up my mind.

My white pants are still white after two seasons. The trick? Use them during the prime of the season, never in springtime conditions. 
Senior TS dinosaur drawer-er.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 6:00am
Originally posted by LittleShooey

My white pants are still white after two seasons. The trick? Use them during the prime of the season, never in springtime conditions. 

Got some light grey pants with no stains. I just spray a little scotch guard. Seems to work cuz I've had these for at least 5 seasons.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
ah8174 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trying to Teach the Little Sis

Quote ah8174 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 6:27am
The season is almost here!
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 6:52am

Question for everyone while I'm having breakfast: has Cap'n Crunch ever been pictured on a boat? What is he captain of?? Food for thought.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 6:56am

No rush!!?? Are you kidding?  There's only 3 months left until Christmas!!!!   And even less til the whole world ends!

That IS pretty clever, rob lol.

Originally posted by mommehK

Hanging in a hotel for a week...yay for business travel. Need to pick & choose good places to eat this week!

Which city ya visting? :)

Originally posted by Lux

Question for everyone while I'm having breakfast: has Cap'n Crunch ever been pictured on a boat? What is he captain of?? Food for thought.

I think Post/Kelloggs/whoever firmly takes a stance that he is "Cap'n", not "captain". nevertheless, because of that picture, I'm going to use "Crounchifique" in my daily vocabulary today. Those dastardly french.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 7:00am

The stunts were $99 when Sierra moved their warehouse from sac to Minnesoda. I think they were trying to lighten their inventory. RC's back then were 70% off, plus my member discount made it about $180.
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 7:42am

The stunts were $99 when Sierra moved their warehouse from sac to Minnesoda. I think they were trying to lighten their inventory. RC's back then were 70% off, plus my member discount made it about $180.
I'm pretty sure i got my sierra crew for 129 during a one day sale..... 
scuddera View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
hitting my first 5

Quote scuddera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 8:07am
^^^I only remember the date because it was cinco de mayo. But Ma5 5 last year the stunts had a one day only sale of $99. I wish I would have snagged one. I mean it wouldnt be a go to board for me but 100 bucks why not
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 9:03am
My dodgeball league started last night and we ended up going 7-4 against a pretty tough team. Unfortunately, my gf took a hard throw in the face, like White Goodman, that sent her flying back! lol That was epic!
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 10:24am
Originally posted by LittleShooey

My white pants are forever dirty on the cuffs.  Cry
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 10:49am
I just wear black pants so I don't have to worry about it looking dirty.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 10:50am
Originally posted by lightning80

But the smell is another question~  LOL
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 10:52am

But the smell is another question~  LOL

you smell it because you like going down there...Wink
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 10:56am

I think my state of being down there isn't by choice.  LOL
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 10:58am

I wear them too, but then the brown stains that occur due to mud end up making you look like ya shat yourself. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 10:58am

lol. i'll spray some fabreez just for you. Clap
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 11:47am

lol. i'll spray some fabreez just for you. Clap

Aren't you always a gentleman?  Embarrassed
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 11:51am
Things feel kinda weird here now.
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 2:12pm

Things feel kinda weird here now.

Please, expound.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 3:19pm
^It's ever since that weird fog moved in.....
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 3:39pm

So you go down there out of a feeling of obligation?  Sweet...
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 6:56pm
lucky - I'm in the ATL this week...my old stomping grounds actually, both from a work standpoint and where I lived when I first moved here in '03.

Chocolate Lava Cake just ordered from room service. WIN! \m/
thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 8:05pm
Cant wait for my package to get here friday Big smile I got a pair of thirtytwo boots for a steal
BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 8:17pm
just watched "War by the shore" on the golf channel. Holy cow I wish i could have watched that live
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2012 at 10:50pm
^I seriously never thought I would see an overlap between fans of golf and snowboarding.  Good for you for being unique!
highway12south View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2012 at 1:01am
 I Wanna go snowboarding   .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 351352353354355 618>