The New Randomness Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 358359360361362 609>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MathiasM View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MathiasM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Randomness Thread
    Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 1:23pm
Oh god... children parties... I think its even worse when they get to around 2 and 3 because they run even more and are cognitive things that make horrible decisions!
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by MathiasM

Oh god... children parties... I think its even worse when they get to around 2 and 3 because they run even more and are cognitive things that make horrible decisions!

Lol, yeah, little kids are always running around the house and just fooling around all the time. And they always drop/spill things and then expect you to clean it up for them DX
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 2:28pm
Another day, another dollar. Good thing I wear gloves at work. I have General Motors' very general stupidity to thank for this mess...

bluepolkadot View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bluepolkadot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 3:17pm
thats hardly a mess.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 3:33pm
So freek'n stoked that snowmaking has begun at my local mountains!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
gunda pickle View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by mluu003

Where are they making snow?
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by gunda pickle

Where are they making snow?

loveland, abasin and copper mtn
bluepolkadot View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote bluepolkadot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 3:56pm
Where not why... ^^
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 4:03pm
Just saw that copper mtn opens November 2!
That is amazing!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 4:12pm

That is amazing!

It's actually typical for copper, usually they open the first weekend in November. 

Loveland and a basin should be open in 10 days or so.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by RastaRider

That is amazing!

It's actually typical for copper, usually they open the first weekend in November. 

A-basin usually opens about mid-October. Just a half trail, white strip of death. They set up a few jibs for everyone to dust the cob webs out. I can't waitttttBig smile
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 6:34pm
I need to move out west!
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 6:40pm
^You and me both man. Thats my goal, after college move out west.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 7:02pm

That is amazing!

A-basin usually opens about mid-October. Just a half trail, white strip of death. They set up a few jibs for everyone to dust the cob webs out. I can't waitttttBig smile

Yup Loveland and a basin both open with the WROD. They started 3 nights ago, usually takes 10-14 days from when they start blowing til they get enough to cover the one run.

Loveland was able to blow snow all day today, and *fingers crossed* will be able to do the same all day tomorrow.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 7:11pm
Watching deuce bigalow. Haha. Classic.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 9:07pm
Saw the Blue Angels today.  Navy jet air show for those unfamiliar.  Even though it's the same show every year, I still get a great thrill from seeing them
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by j_lucky84

Originally posted by ctoma

^ What boots are you considering?  I really want to try some Salomon boots (F series), many people rave about Salomon.

Originally posted by lightning80

try it on at the store..then get online...

I don't really have a decided preference yet. I've never bought boots before, so so I figure Ill just try on a bunch of different ones and go from there. I have read about the Salomon F20s, so If they have those in stock, I'll definitelytry em on.  Also wouldn't mind trying on some Rulers. I know theyre not quite as durable as the rest of Burton's lineup, but I'm only gonna be boarding 5-6 times this winter, so they'll still last a bit. REI's website currently has some Burton Motos in my size for under $100, so I'm hoping the store might have some of those to try on.
The girlfriend is the one who's actually buying the boots, so I guess she can make the final call as to where we purchase em, but online generally is a pretty solid bet :)

UGH! what a near waste of a trip! I went to the mall first when i got to town, as my mom asked me to see if there was a WSU outfit for my 6-month old nephew. No luck there... Proceeded to try 4 different stores in the mall in hopes of finding boots to try on (Zumiez, PacSun, Tillys (they have pictures of snowboarding on their store front.. teases!), and some other store whose name i cannot remember), none of whom carried boards/boots/bindings.. just boarding clothes. Lame.
Went to Victoria's Secret with the gf to buy her some stuffs.. was hoping to be in and out in under 30, but she hates my... let's just say "sheer" taste in lingerie.So we stayed there forever while i gave her options and she eventually ran out of shit to say "no" to, lol.
Moseyed over to REI, which is compltely across town.. walked in and started looking for their snowsports section. They have a ton of snow shoes, and some helmets, and snowboard/skiing socks... but no @#)($*ing boots! I about shat. I did pay the $20 to become a member, as they're having a used gear sidewalk sale 2 weekends from now and I'd like to hit that up. The employee there referred me to a local place (that had already closed for the day) and Sports Authority, which was back on the side of town we started at. And if you've never been to a Sports Authority before... it's generally not the best place to go if you have questions about something. If you know exactly what you're going for, it's great. In. Out. Done.. Had slightly better luck this time. Tried on some Burtons, K2s, Sims, all of which were too big in the heel for my correct boot length. Then tried on some Salomon Mantises. The cushion on the bottom of the boot isnt the greatest (could totally get some insoles).. but the rest of the boot fit great. That store's planning on getting some more stuff in over the next couple weeks, so i didnt buy anything today.... Totally gonna try to find a place to try on some other salomon boots tho :D
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 10:39pm

That is amazing!

Yup Loveland and a basin both open with the WROD. They started 3 nights ago, usually takes 10-14 days from when they start blowing til they get enough to cover the one run.

Loveland was able to blow snow all day today, and *fingers crossed* will be able to do the same all day tomorrow.

Heck yea! Its been a nice cold few days! Too bad its warming up again..
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2012 at 11:30pm
blue angels used to practice around my area....sad to say they don't seem to do so anymore D:...it was quite nice seeing them fly by in those days
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 2:06am
Originally posted by Lux

Another day, another dollar. Good thing I wear gloves at work. I have General Motors' very general stupidity to thank for this mess...
Would you prefer working in an office cubicle all day long?
highway12south View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 2:17am
Time to get rid of the summer wax and  tune up the sticks.Almost
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 5:21am
^I need to get the hdpe back on my boxes, totally deconstruct a drop in ramp, modify another, and build some wooden approaches.  I think we're going to get an early winter here.
Just yesterday I got a pic from the western U.P. (of MI, about 8 hours north of me) of an inch or so that had fallen on a resort.  It's coming.....
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 5:55am
Originally posted by Von44

Funny you'd say that because that was actually what I was doing before changing careers a few years ago. Make no mistake, I'm thankful for doing so.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by highway12south

Time to get rid of the summer wax and  tune up the sticks.Almost

Amen to that! Getting ready to strip the wax and tune them edges. yeehaw!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 1:15pm
So difficult to figure out medical insurance.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 2:18pm

UGH! what a near waste of a trip! I went to the mall first when i got to town, as my mom asked me to see if there was a WSU outfit for my 6-month old nephew. No luck there... Proceeded to try 4 different stores in the mall in hopes of finding boots to try on (Zumiez, PacSun, Tillys (they have pictures of snowboarding on their store front.. teases!), and some other store whose name i cannot remember), none of whom carried boards/boots/bindings.. just boarding clothes. Lame.
Went to Victoria's Secret with the gf to buy her some stuffs.. was hoping to be in and out in under 30, but she hates my... let's just say "sheer" taste in lingerie.So we stayed there forever while i gave her options and she eventually ran out of shit to say "no" to, lol.
Moseyed over to REI, which is compltely across town.. walked in and started looking for their snowsports section. They have a ton of snow shoes, and some helmets, and snowboard/skiing socks... but no @#)($*ing boots! I about shat. I did pay the $20 to become a member, as they're having a used gear sidewalk sale 2 weekends from now and I'd like to hit that up. The employee there referred me to a local place (that had already closed for the day) and Sports Authority, which was back on the side of town we started at. And if you've never been to a Sports Authority before... it's generally not the best place to go if you have questions about something. If you know exactly what you're going for, it's great. In. Out. Done.. Had slightly better luck this time. Tried on some Burtons, K2s, Sims, all of which were too big in the heel for my correct boot length. Then tried on some Salomon Mantises. The cushion on the bottom of the boot isnt the greatest (could totally get some insoles).. but the rest of the boot fit great. That store's planning on getting some more stuff in over the next couple weeks, so i didnt buy anything today.... Totally gonna try to find a place to try on some other salomon boots tho :D

I just like Sports Authority for their clearance rack although I haven't found anything worth buying from there lately.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 2:22pm
Local grocery store receipts  were printing  out 20% off coupons to sports authority  the last few weeks .
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Lux

Funny you'd say that because that was actually what I was doing before changing careers a few years ago. Make no mistake, I'm thankful for doing so.
Part of my time at work is spent in a cube.  I'm actually excited because it's the closest I'll probably come to an office of my own.  I haven't had an inside job in a long time, but it's not all inside.  When I'm not doing my paperwork (most of the time) I'm driving.  The other day I spent some time in a Shelby Mustang.  I'm not a stang fan, but I can't deny almost 700hp is a lot of fun to driveBig smile
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 2:24pm

Local grocery store receipts  were printing  out 20% off coupons to sports authority  the last few weeks .

Realy?! Why didn't I get any coupons? And I even went to Sports Authority recently.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 2:43pm
   ^^^^ Food Lion Norfolk/Virginia Beach  area 
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by snowj720

Originally posted by Lux

Part of my time at work is spent in a cube.  I'm actually excited because it's the closest I'll probably come to an office of my own.  I haven't had an inside job in a long time, but it's not all inside.  When I'm not doing my paperwork (most of the time) I'm driving.  The other day I spent some time in a Shelby Mustang.  I'm not a stang fan, but I can't deny almost 700hp is a lot of fun to driveBig smile

I've got a cube job myself, and I gotta say i don't really like being stuck in a box all day. While i don't crave a 100%-outside job, sometimes it's nice to just get out of the office to do work.

I went to an orchestral performance this afternon, in which a friend was playing. It was a pretty good show, and tix were only $20. Better yet, he was able to get a comped ticket so I didnt have to buy both :). Since we were all decked out in formal attire, after the performance, the plans were to hit up a local restaurant (one of 2 options in town where a formal outfit won't get you an "are you homosexual look)... I don't frequent either of the two much, so when we got to the door to our first choice, we learned they're closed on sunday. So we drove 10 minutes out of town for another place, which did not open for another 30 minutes. It was 4:30, thus the restaurant wouldn't open til 5. I host a volunteer open gym/basketball thing at 6 every sunday and don't have any backups to cover for me, so we ended up just going home. Really summing up a bummer of a weekend.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 5:50pm
I have my own office. It's not very exciting. I have one rectangular window... on the door. Zero sunlight and no fresh air. It's kind of like a big cubicle with less noise.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 7:02pm
Working in an office all day would blow, although during the winter months it has its perks
shing02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote shing02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by julius77

I have my own office. It's not very exciting. I have one rectangular window... on the door. Zero sunlight and no fresh air. It's kind of like a big cubicle with less noise.

look at the brightside, you can read comics while you're behind that door ;D
Ailove View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Ailove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 11:48pm
This post is very good, there is a lot to learn.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 12:11am
Ready to ride pow.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 3:51am

Ready to ride pow.

Ready to ride anything... ice, slush, corduroy, corn, crud, crust, dust on crust, mashed potatoes, pow... just give me something to slide on.
Local
Local

Quote gunda pickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 4:15am

Ready to ride pow.

Ready to ride anything... ice, slush, corduroy, corn, crud, crust, dust on crust, mashed potatoes, pow... just give me something to slide on.

Amen!
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 5:14am
Start new job on Wednesday. Gonna suck getting up early. And goodbye weekends.
snow4life View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my sexy bike

Quote snow4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 5:22am
my Columbus day consists of doing homework, and work in 5 hours Thumbs Down
shakazulu12:(2:15PM) Nyle (Giftedhands) gets really big and turns green when angry.

BAAHAhahahahha
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 6:21am

Ready to ride pow.

Forgive me if i sound like an idiot.. but do all these terms actually exist? I followed ya with "ice", "slush", "crust", "dust on crust" and "pow". but what are the rest of em?!

Originally posted by solocreep

Start new job on Wednesday. Gonna suck getting up early. And goodbye weekends.

What's the job? And do you mean "goodbye weekends" in terms of no longer having sat/sun off.. or that youll be workin 7 days a week?

And lastly.. Today is my gf and I's 2nd anniversary. Started it off with a bang yesterday <eyeroll>. I had asked her last week if she wanted me to take the day off so we could hang out.. she said she wasn't sure she'd be able to; that she would have to wait til the end of the week to see if they were busy and would need her. I decided I wouldn't ask for a day off until i heard back from her.. never heard, so never asked. So now it's too late, and she was upset cuz she felt like it was a wasted day off to sit at home by herself. While I agree with that.. it would've been no different had I gotten the day off, only to have her need to work, thereby resulting in me sitting at home all day by myself (did that for the week following my surgery.. that was plenty, thanks). She seems to be in a better mood today, as she made me breakfast.. but sheesh! Women!
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 7:01am
Gotta love Columbus Day. Nothings quite like getting a day off of school for pretty much no reason at all.
MathiasM View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote MathiasM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 8:56am
Originally posted by steezemisterr

Gotta love Columbus Day. Nothings quite like getting a day off of school for pretty much no reason at all.

Yeah.... I wish. My university doesnt give us off.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 9:18am
Originally posted by shing02

Originally posted by julius77

look at the brightside, you can read comics while you're behind that door ;D
More like TruSnow forums Wink
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 9:25am
@ jlucky: ill be working st the airport and my "weekend" is gonna be Wed/Thurs. Could've had a Saturday off but that was only graveyard shift.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 9:37am

Forgive me if i sound like an idiot.. but do all these terms actually exist? I followed ya with "ice", "slush", "crust", "dust on crust" and "pow". but what are the rest of em?!

You gotta get your head in the game bro!! These are all common terms haha.

Corduroy is groomed, corn is basically really granular snow that is made by thawing and refreezing, crud is just that, crud. Usually it's bulletproof windblown stuff that has a lot of ridges or ruts, basically anything thats not fun to ride. Mashed potatoes is slush.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 9:38am
^ And right now I am willing to ride any of it!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 9:54am

^ And right now I am willing to ride any of it!

No doubt! Loveland is making some good progress, they were able to blow snow nonstop all weekend. Sadly I have to wait til Nov. 14th when Winter Park opens before I'll be able to ride.

Here's some pics of the land of love.

Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 10:01am
 First flakes of the year were flying in  West VA today!
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 10:18am
Originally posted by solocreep

@ jlucky: ill be working st the airport and my "weekend" is gonna be Wed/Thurs. Could've had a Saturday off but that was only graveyard shift.

At least you won't find a crowd at the slopes on your days off.  LOL  Do you get to fly for free too?
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 358359360361362 609>