The New Randomness Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 382383384385386 597>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Randomness Thread
    Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 7:19am
Originally posted by lightning80

julius: you're asian..all asians know kung fu..you don't have to learn it.

very true. its in our blood Big smile
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
highway12south View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 7:47am
Citrus degreaser for a base cleaner ? Yes or no
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 8:01am
Originally posted by highway12south

Citrus degreaser for a base cleaner ? Yes or no

i dunno about degreaser but check out swix citrus solvent base cleaner if you are looking for something.  I doubt your base is really that dirty that a hot scrape wouldn't do the trick.... remember if you do use this stuff to make sure and wax it up real good afterwards so the base doesn't dry out.
MOAR powderz plz!
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 8:31am
Citris based produts = yes  (less harsh on enviro, your lungs, and your board)
degreaser = I'd say no

I use Deamon's spray stuff every once in a while to get it nice and grime free.  It was only $5 or so at a box style sports retailor.  Find it or something like it by the wax, scrapers, stomp pads type area.
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 8:32am
Originally posted by julius77

^I totally forgot. Thanks lightning. I'm gonna meet up with my ninjas later so they can give me a fighting refresher course.

I didn't know Hana was giving private lessons.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 8:37am
Originally posted by letourneau41

Originally posted by thisisjoebro

I need to shave. Is anyone doing no shave november this year haha. I remember everyone had a novembeard i high school 

I'm doing No Shave November.  I can't wait until 12/1.  My face itches.

Originally posted by chillwill

If I could grow a nice, even beard I would. But my facial hair doesn't grow in evenly. It just looks like crap. Looks patchy and messy. Wacko

I got a bit of a late start, (Shaved on the third), but I'm mostly participating. I'm letting the hair on my face grow, but still shaving my neck. My neck beard makes me look like a transient. My facial hair is a bit patchwork as well, but I can deal :). It's finally long enough that i can atleast comb it so it all looks like it grows in the same direction.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 9:24am
Cool thanks guys .I guess it wasn't actually a degreaser but it feels /smells  just like the actual  Dakine  base cleaner stuff Ive bought before only this was $3 for 12 OZ

screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 9:54am
I have to shave unfortunately.  Can't be going to interviews looking like a hobo.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 9:58am
Originally posted by highway12south

Cool thanks guys .I guess it wasn't actually a degreaser but it feels /smells  just like the actual  Dakine  base cleaner stuff Ive bought before only this was $3 for 12 OZ

Hey whatever works man, I use this stuff from Canadian Tire and it works just fine:

JOIN ME @ THRIVE SNOWBOARDS! http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/120169
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 10:13am
Originally posted by screwyvarmint

I have to shave unfortunately.  Can't be going to interviews looking like a hobo.

Tis a sad day....

That being said, I totally look like a hobo too.  I got another guy on my floor (there's only three guys out of 27 employees on this floor) to go no-shave as well.  Thank god there's more than one of us.  I remember my college beard looked rugged and manly, this just looks un-kept and kinda stupid. Confused
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 12:04pm
Is this ^ a joke or are you really spraying the base of your board with Simple Green?

How dirty is it?

And for a house update: it is sinking and falling down and needs to be lifted with hydraulics and underpinned with steel supports.  FML.
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Cooperla

And for a house update: it is sinking and falling down and needs to be lifted with hydraulics and underpinned with steel supports.  FML.

Oh shit...that really sucks man. Good luck and best of wishes to you with that. That's no joke of a job to do to a house. The building I live in actually needs the same thing done to it, but this is the exact reason I rent right now. Also doubt my landlord will ever do this, pretty sure he will just let that shit fall into the ravine behind our building. :/
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 1:49pm
I think I saw the most obese raccoon last night when I pulled up to my parking space. Had my HID's in it's face and still didn't want to move out of the way. When I got out of the car it was 3 feet from my front bumper and we were locked in a staredown. I won, then it waddled off and somehow managed to squeeze itself under a gate.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 1:49pm
Hey, your empathy has been rewarded with a new snowboard.  Karma works!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 2:11pm

Hey, your empathy has been rewarded with a new snowboard.  Karma works!

I know dude...funny how that worked out.

Is it sad that I am not even sure I want it? Wait..let me back up before I get shit on by people, I am extremely happy that I won, and to be honest it kinda made my week with how crappy things have been going the past few days for me. I am stoked that we still have a site that offers some great deals, and still does a daily give away....BUT

This will make rockered board number three for me, and I have been wanting badly to get a traditional cambered board back in my quiver. I thought for a few minutes that it would be nice to have a beater "pow" board, but I am not sure if I would be happy with the narrow waist width that the RC offers. Sure I could get a 160 in the wide, and be perfectly fine with a WW of 260, but, well...I just dunno. I guess I could sell it, but I have always felt weird about selling anything that was given to you for free.

Don't mind me, I'm just whiny tonight (massive head ache) I'll wake up in the morn and realize I'm being a bitch, and just get it in the 160w and be perfectly happy with everything.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 2:22pm
Do you have someone you could gift it to that would be massively stoked?

You could parlay the karma into even bigger karma and win, like, a vacation or a car or a helicopter.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 2:32pm

Do you have someone you could gift it to that would be massively stoked?

You could parlay the karma into even bigger karma and win, like, a vacation or a car or a helicopter.

I don't think Karma moves that fast LOL

I do actually, now that you made me think about it. A co-worker has been talking to me about going this year. He has his own gear but I know his board is about 10 years old. Maybe a morrow, who knows (he doesn't even know, so....hahah). A 160w would actually be a great size for him I think. I also have a friend that would come out with some of us for a day or two this year if he didn't have to rent. I have bindings covered, and he has boots, so this would be perfect.

And I'll dick around with it in the one, MAYBE two true pow days I'll get this year.

"Problem"....solved.
Cooperla View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Cooperla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by batmanwest

I don't know how you can say that when you posted sympathy here and then 9 minutes later won a snowboard.

I am inspired, though.  I'm gonna hug a homeless on my way home tonight and hopefully when I get there my house will have risen back out of the mire.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 2:49pm

Originally posted by batmanwest

I don't know how you can say that when you posted sympathy here and then 9 minutes later won a snowboard.

I am inspired, though.  I'm gonna hug a homeless on my way home tonight and hopefully when I get there my house will have risen back out of the mire.

I guess I meant more on the lines of the massive amount of karma needed to build up for a heli. I like helicopters a lot.

You might have better luck trying to get them a job, or a warm place to sleep for a night. Now keep in mind though, not all homeless people want that. They just want 5 bucks for beer and go sit and wallow in their own self loathing.
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
HUMP ALL SNOW!!

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 5:50pm
Customer towed car in today. 
There is a hole in the side of the engine and lots of oil everywhere... 
Connecting rod was thrown through the cylinder block. 
Ensuing engine damage was utterly catastrophic. 
Fate of piston is unconfirmed, but my prognosis based on initial inspection is that it was crushed into the cylinder head and then slashed in half by the high-velocity flailing rod fragments. 
Spark plug, valves, and cylinder head were destroyed. Engine was rendered worthless almost instantaneously. 
Ford/Mazda 2.3-litre. 
78'097 km. 
(48'527 mi.)
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 7:24pm
Went to the library to be productive...here I am on TS. damn.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 7:29pm
Lux, is that going to be covered under factory warranty?  Do you think it was from lack of maintainance or a defect?
thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 7:43pm
Im so glad to be able to breathe again. I forgot how good it felt to feel normal when I was all sick and crappy.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2012 at 7:57pm

Is this ^ a joke or are you really spraying the base of your board with Simple Green?

How dirty is it?

That's what the shop owner suggested, works great.
JOIN ME @ THRIVE SNOWBOARDS! http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/120169
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 12:37am
Enough coastal flooding allready
irish-boarder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote irish-boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 2:28am
I'm having soup for breakfast..soup for gods asked!! Damn you student life!
The 'GINGERS HAVE SOULS' kid is crazy..
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 5:23am
Don't know why but I felt the need to eat 6 donuts for breakfast then wash it down with a coke.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 5:43am
Originally posted by Von44

Don't know why but I felt the need to eat 6 donuts for breakfast then wash it down with a coke.

What, no Bacon?
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 5:53am
Originally posted by solocreep

What, no Bacon?
Naw, I'm on a diet.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 5:55am
^ Turkey bacon.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 5:59am
I feel like all my teeth are about to fall out from the sugar intake. Maybe I should've had some bacon to balance things out.
padres82 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote padres82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 6:07am
WHAT SPORT IS THE BEST BASEBALL BASKETBALL FOOTBALL ??
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 6:08am

I think I saw the most obese raccoon last night when I pulled up to my parking space. Had my HID's in it's face and still didn't want to move out of the way. When I got out of the car it was 3 feet from my front bumper and we were locked in a staredown. I won, then it waddled off and somehow managed to squeeze itself under a gate.

Nice! I'm not sure if i've ever even SEEN a raccoon! Shoulda got a picture of the fatty one!

Originally posted by solocreep

What, no Bacon?
Naw, I'm on a diet.

LOL, nice. A buddy stated Wednesday that he was gonna buy a dozen doughnuts and eat half of em the first day, and he stuck to that yesterday.. it must be a trend lol. I got a free doughnut yesterday as my buddy is a delivery person for Franz Bakery, and he was across the street when i took my afternoon walk. He had a box that had fallen earlier in the day and was no longer sealed.. so free doughnuts for meeeeh!

Also, congrats BMW on your win yesterday. Having buddies that are in need of a board sounds like a good situation since ya already have a rocker. I never feel bad about selling stuff i got for free though. Just sold an Ipod Shuffle I won during an employee appreciation party. Given that carries nowhere near the retail value of a snowboard, but it's a win-win for everyone if ya sell it off cheap :)
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 6:28am
today = moes burritos at work day!! $5 burrito and all the chips i can eat. doesnt get much better.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 6:34am
Totally craving doughnuts now. Old fashioned glazed and a maple bar. On an unrelated note, prepped my gear for this weekend's Northstar trip; last night. I got so amped I had trouble falling asleep. It felt like Christmas eve.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 6:54am

Totally craving doughnuts now. Old fashioned glazed and a maple bar. On an unrelated note, prepped my gear for this weekend's Northstar trip; last night. I got so amped I had trouble falling asleep. It felt like Christmas eve.

Old-fashioned glazed doughnuts are my fave! And they were the type i got yesterday for free :D. made my day!

And hope ya enjoy your trip :). Is it just a 2-day weekend thing, or are you able to do an extended stay due to T-day vacationing?
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 7:06am
Nah, it's only a day trip. We'll leave by 6 hopefully (4hr drive each way) and come home when our legs don't work anymore. I'm super looking forward to it. First day of the season for me! If I remember I'll take some pics and post them in the 2013 Rider's log.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 7:34am

I prefer the powder sugar donuts. get it? POWDER????? Anyway, Dunkin' Donuts are the bomb.
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 8:09am
Originally posted by haiv143

I prefer the powder sugar donuts. get it? POWDER????? Anyway, Dunkin' Donuts are the bomb.

I live in Portland OR and we have Voodoo donuts here. SOOOO GOOOD! you dont realize donuts can taste so great until you try one from them.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote highway12south Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 8:10am
Chocolate or vanilla cream filled powder donuts from  Dunkin are the best !
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 8:29am
I got punched in the knee by a 6 year old last night at a restaurant.   I'm pretty sure I could have taken him but he had a crazy look in his eye that made me think twice.  
"Sign up for the Daily give away at Thrive. http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/66964"
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 8:33am

I got punched in the knee by a 6 year old last night at a restaurant.   I'm pretty sure I could have taken him but he had a crazy look in his eye that made me think twice.  

Better safe than sorry, especially if he had a crazy look in his eye, could have been hopped up on apple juice or Pez.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 8:46am

Nah, it's only a day trip. We'll leave by 6 hopefully (4hr drive each way) and come home when our legs don't work anymore. I'm super looking forward to it. First day of the season for me! If I remember I'll take some pics and post them in the 2013 Rider's log.

Cool! Look forward to seeing em :). That's a long drive for a day trip, though! Are there any other mountains closer to ya, or do ya have any multi-day trips planned?
The closest mountain to us is about an hour trip, but it's tiny. It'll do in a pinch, but there are better places that only tack another hour onto the drive (Bluewood/Anthony Lakes). And then there's Mt. Hood if 3 hours tickles yer fancy. Plan on doing a weekend trip to Hood shortly after new years. Gotta scrape some money together though!

Might i ask what you did to earn such a response? lol
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 8:46am
Originally posted by ctoma

Better safe than sorry, especially if he had a crazy look in his eye, could have been hopped up on apple juice or Pez.

A little neighbor kid dumped a bucket of water on me when I was changing my oil once.  I thankfully made the same decision as letourneau

-b
get bent
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 9:00am
^ Were you wearing OSU garb?  If so I can take a guess as to what triggered that attack...
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 9:01am
Originally posted by ctoma

^ Were you wearing OSU garb?  If so I can take a guess as to what triggered that attack...

That probably does explain it

-b
get bent
Winner#1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Winner#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 9:20am
Originally posted by

] Nah, it's only a day trip. We'll leave by 6 hopefully (4hr drive each way) and come home when our legs don't work anymore. I'm super looking forward to it. First day of the season for me! If I remember I'll take some pics and post them in the 2013 Rider's log.

Lemme guess... Bay Area?
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 9:48am

Might i ask what you did to earn such a response? lol
[/QUOTE]

Apparently I was in his way to where he was going.  I didn't even see it coming.  
"Sign up for the Daily give away at Thrive. http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/66964"
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Winner#1

Originally posted by

] Nah, it's only a day trip. We'll leave by 6 hopefully (4hr drive each way) and come home when our legs don't work anymore. I'm super looking forward to it. First day of the season for me! If I remember I'll take some pics and post them in the 2013 Rider's log.

Lemme guess... Bay Area?
Yup. I think the closest mountain in Bear Valley, but it's smaller and I'm not sure if it's open yet. Just a short 4 hour drive with my epic pass and I can be at Northstar or Kirkwood. Not too into Heavenly, but it is sweet being able to board during the day then get smashed and gamble at night. South lake woot woot!
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2012 at 10:32am
So many stories to keep up with.
Falling house, winning snowboard, busted engine, Goo be gone, donuts ( yum been craving this for weeks), tacos ( oh these too)

interestingly my new cable internet services r alrdy working when its not suppose to be activated until a month from now. Dec 15th.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 382383384385386 597>