The New Randomness Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 420421422423424 621>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Randomness Thread
    Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 10:11am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

I know it's a relatively old post, and I've remarked in this thread since then, but.. yeah, for the non-smokers, it really is pretty nasty! At work we have a smoker's patio right outside the break/lunch room. Any time there's a breeze and that door opens, everyone gets a whiff of the stink.

Yeah, it's weird, when you are a smoker the smell is comforting. Doesn't smell bad and to be honest there were a few times I would seek out 2nd hand when I couldn't smoke. Now I get sick to my stomach whenever I come across that smell. It's really weird to me, I don't know how to deal with it. Not like I can really say anything, I was "that guy" for 14 years.

Totally off the ecig too for 3 days now which is cool. Urges for nicotine are pretty much non existent.

Wife is calling off work tomorrow to go ride with a co-worker and I. Waxin' up the sticks right now. Love days off.

Oh and hana, that sucks dude. I've been on crutches many times in my life, and it takes a while to get used to them. Hang in there and once again, get that man of yours to do all the work! Maybe be a wagon for when you leave the house and he can pull you around? Wink 
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 10:34am
Originally posted by batmanwest

Originally posted by j_lucky84

I know it's a relatively old post, and I've remarked in this thread since then, but.. yeah, for the non-smokers, it really is pretty nasty! At work we have a smoker's patio right outside the break/lunch room. Any time there's a breeze and that door opens, everyone gets a whiff of the stink.

Yeah, it's weird, when you are a smoker the smell is comforting. Doesn't smell bad and to be honest there were a few times I would seek out 2nd hand when I couldn't smoke. Now I get sick to my stomach whenever I come across that smell. It's really weird to me, I don't know how to deal with it. Not like I can really say anything, I was "that guy" for 14 years.

Totally off the ecig too for 3 days now which is cool. Urges for nicotine are pretty much non existent.

Wife is calling off work tomorrow to go ride with a co-worker and I. Waxin' up the sticks right now. Love days off.

Oh and hana, that sucks dude. I've been on crutches many times in my life, and it takes a while to get used to them. Hang in there and once again, get that man of yours to do all the work! Maybe be a wagon for when you leave the house and he can pull you around? Wink 

Hahaha yeah I think I figured out how not to cause the left wrist pain.  Just need to lean more forward to take the weight off that side of the hand where the nerves are being weird.  You would think by now there would be something better than crutches LOL

Congrats on stopping smoking!  I dunno why, but my friend decided to take up smoking in his mid 20s as a new years resolution just to try it out.  I was like that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard anyone do. 
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 10:44am
Originally posted by chillwill

Internet and cable was out all day yesterday and this morning.  It was terrible lol.  I hope that never happens again.

And no, it wasn't because the bill didn't get paid haha.  They had to fix or upgrade something I guess.  Now the TV picture is crystal clear at least.
oh man, at least they are willing to do upgrades. Our cable was down like 2yrs ago? instead of fixing it, they drag a line in the air from the neighbours to ours and called it a wrap
for fantastic outdoor deals, checkout:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/KelvinChung
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 11:28am
Originally posted by julius77

Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Originally posted by Soft

Be very afraid!  LOL  
On a side note, the prostitutes outside my work are being loud today.  Shocked
Were they in your office, or outside before you wrote this? :D

A whole herd passed by outside.  LOL
A herd o' hookers out front? Angry, the way you describe your workplace makes it sound like you work in a house of ill repute.

Unfortunately the office is in one of the worst block in the city ghetto.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 11:57am

Be very afraid!  LOL  
On a side note, the prostitutes outside my work are being loud today.  Shocked
Were they in your office, or outside before you wrote this? :D

A whole herd passed by outside.  LOL
A herd o' hookers out front? Angry, the way you describe your workplace makes it sound like you work in a house of ill repute.

Unfortunately the office is in one of the worst block in the city ghetto.  LOL
You're not helping the argument that you do not work in a house of ill repute. Were those your friends walking out front? Tongue
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 12:03pm
^ they're coworkers 
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by robnezz23

True, Win8 was made for touch screens, and actually works pretty seamlessly with the new live tiles. I like it so far. (Well, to be fair I'm technically using Windows RT on my MS Surface; but from what I've seen Win RT is VERY similar to Win8.)

Plus, for those that don't like the live tile mode, you do have the option of always working in the traditional desktop view screen. I would say the $40 upgrade is worth it, esp since you have a touch screen laptop. And on the point that every other version of Windows is worthwhile, I'd have to disagree with that opinion this time around.

Yeah, but that's only if you're using a machine that utilize the touch screen capability. If you were to upgrade to Win8 on a traditional laptop (wired mouse and keyboard) the functionality is horrible. Don't get me started with Microsoft Office Suite...their color of choice is horrible. You know what I mean if you are using it on a desktop.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by hana24

^ they're coworkers 

They have feelings too you know~!  Cry
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 12:15pm
God bless the hookers. I'm guessing their bad days are worse than my bad days.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 12:31pm

i can't imagine what their bad days would be like..maybe angry can share some with us.
Soft View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Soft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by lightning80

i can't imagine what their bad days would be like..maybe angry can share some with us.

I got that one wrong at first.. lol ^^
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 12:55pm
Just saw. Car fall off a highway ramp
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by keljai

My bro's friend died from an accident like that a few months ago, but my friend's cousin survived and so did the driver although she probably wished she died too considering they found alcohol in the car and 2 of the passengers are dead.  Good bye to her college days and the rest of her life unless she's related to a really powerful lawyer, damn rich girl.  
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 1:15pm
The rep at Skiis and Bikes sucked today! waste of my time!
just buy new bindings he says.. well thanks wanna shell me out $200?
he recommends me a pair of customs that cost $199! his logic because I have burton boots I should go with burton bindings.
I can go on but I'm just hatin
ranting continued over at...
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by jhoang6

The rep at Skiis and Bikes sucked today! waste of my time!
just buy new bindings he says.. well thanks wanna shell me out $200?
he recommends me a pair of customs that cost $199! his logic because I have burton boots I should go with burton bindings.
I can go on but I'm just hatin
ranting continued over at...
Pretty much the trend for Canadian pricing for everything, especially this snowboard industry. My Flux bindings are almost $100 more expensive in Canada when compared to America... makes perfect f*cking sense, I know. Here's the best part: Canadian dollar has more value than the American dollar.
rosati777 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 1:56pm

Are you serious? were you driving underneath the ramp? or were you on the ramp?
shreddog_123 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Duck season

Quote shreddog_123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by rosati777

Are you serious? were you driving underneath the ramp? or were you on the ramp?

Wow that's insane! was everyone ok?!
Do you know God???
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 2:34pm
yeah he was fine, its not those 50 feet drop. maybe 5 feet? so it wasn't deadly. lot of cop cars though 
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 2:37pm
^not bad, l didnt see it but a car last night hit a tree and into someone's backyard, anymore from Toronto and wants to know. It was at brimley and steeles
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JennyLi
shreddog_123 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Duck season

Quote shreddog_123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 2:38pm
^^oh man that's good.
Do you know God???
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 3:18pm
why would that be good?
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JennyLi
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by rye

^not bad, l didnt see it but a car last night hit a tree and into someone's backyard, anymore from Toronto and wants to know. It was at brimley and steeles
Driver must've either been really drunk or asian. I'm banking on asian seeing how it was in the Markham area. lol
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 3:51pm
why must justin.tv charge $5 for their app to watch the flash tv on the iphone. i know it was offered for free a while ago
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 3:53pm
they charge because they are by passing flash? thats technology right htere
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 4:08pm
Snowboarding 7 out of the next 9 days. I can't even comprehend how awesome this is going to be.
snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 4:30pm
i hate it when you lose something, then you spend hours searching for it but you never end up finding it.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by rye

why would that be good?

I'm guessing he was replying to kelajs' post about the guy only falling off a 5 foot ramp, and that he didn't get hurt.
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Von44

Driver must've either been really drunk or asian. I'm banking on asian seeing how it was in the Markham area. lol
I, too, put my money on the latter lolol...

Pacific Mall, anyone?
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 5:39pm
WTG BMW....I just started the 0.6 nic a few days ago and love it. I don't really want the nicotine, but I love the flavored vapes and actually plan on vaping nicotine-free juice, at least for awhile.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Lux

Pretty much the trend for Canadian pricing for everything, especially this snowboard industry. My Flux bindings are almost $100 more expensive in Canada when compared to America... makes perfect f*cking sense, I know. Here's the best part: Canadian dollar has more value than the American dollar.
Damn gov't still haven't got their sheeit together yet that or they're raking in all the $ charging tariffs/taxes on all the goods that come in to be sold in Canada.
With that additional $100 it'll cover the cost of money conversion + delivery to canada from the us and if you're lucky you won't get hit with brokerage costs and taxes. you'll have some $$ left over.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 6:17pm
^^ Wow that sucks! Do you guys live close enough to the border to pick them up over here in the States? On another note, I can get last year's Customs bindings for $50. Shocked
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 7:17pm
Pinched nerve. Hurts like hell.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 8:52pm
I forgot how amazing frozen pizzas taste!!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
xxbeachbum0804xx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xxbeachbum0804xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2013 at 10:21pm
The snoz berries taste like snoz berries
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 3:36am
Daily grind. Ugh. Just wanna sleep in.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 4:46am
Originally posted by solocreep

Least it's Friday.....with a long weekend for most people....
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 6:56am

4 meetings today, then I'll be done around 4. Going to go home and pack up my gear, socks and undies; then off to Reno on Sat. Squaw that day, then N* Sun and Mon. It's going to be a badash long weekend.

| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 7:08am
^^^ if I was not headed out to San Diego for the weekend I would demand that you buy me beers while you are in town julius.  Next time tho

-b
get bent
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 8:08am
Originally posted by jjfreak

Originally posted by solocreep

Least it's Friday.....with a long weekend for most people....

Hallelujah!! Stoked to catch up on my boading!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
ShredDatPow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ShredDatPow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 8:27am
It needs to be Sunday already. I want to go boarding!!!
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 8:46am
Finally got a day off work and I have no school today either. Its going to be a relaxation station kind of day.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 9:07am
Originally posted by | | | bryman | | |

^^^ if I was not headed out to San Diego for the weekend I would demand that you buy me beers while you are in town julius.  Next time tho

-b
Hell yeah. I'd love to kick a few back with you and i'll keep you informed the next time I'm up (prob next week)!
Soft View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Soft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 9:55am
It is snowboard weekend! Need to spend my time teaching little bro tho, but snowboarding is always fun, any time!

- P
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 10:00am

It is snowboard weekend! Need to spend my time teaching little bro tho, but snowboarding is always fun, any time!

- P
Call me selfish, but I friggin hate teaching other people. All I think of are the runs I'm missing. Maybe I should drink before teaching to mellow me out and put me in a good space.
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 10:15am

It is snowboard weekend! Need to spend my time teaching little bro tho, but snowboarding is always fun, any time! - P

Call me selfish, but I friggin hate teaching other people. All I think of are the runs I'm missing. Maybe I should drink before teaching to mellow me out and put me in a good space.

I was excited to take my friend up for the first time. But after waiting 15mins for him to get down 30 ft of the mountain... my excitement quickly faded. I could have made it down 5 times instead of waiting for him slide down on his butt. But I stayed and waited like I told him I would.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 10:52am
Originally posted by humblerooster

It is snowboard weekend! Need to spend my time teaching little bro tho, but snowboarding is always fun, any time! - P

I was excited to take my friend up for the first time. But after waiting 15mins for him to get down 30 ft of the mountain... my excitement quickly faded. I could have made it down 5 times instead of waiting for him slide down on his butt. But I stayed and waited like I told him I would.
You are a better friend than I, Mr. Rooster.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 10:53am
Originally posted by humblerooster

Was that the bunny slope?  Otherwise you have yourself a very small mountain.  LOL
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 11:03am
whenever i bring beginners, i don't expect to get any real runs for the day. and i plan to be sitting on the snow waiting for them the whole time. sometimes i get lucky and they get tired early and i go and do my runs while they recover at the base. i consider those as bonus. if you go in expecting something for yourself, you'll be dissapointed and frustrated...
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 11:31am
^That's probably why I don't offer to do it. I know I'm a selfish bastard. Why fight it and make more people unhappy? I might teach my wife, but I'll strongly encouraged her to take a lesson. I'll go with her if she wants and practice switch.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 11:38am
I took my girl friend for her first time for an entire weekend of slowly feathering down the slopes!! Was extremely boring stuff and I swear my legs were sorer from that than when I normally ride.

I learnt the hard way, myself and another first timer went with 3 friends who were experienced. We got dropped at the top of a blue run and as they were riding away they yelled "learn" and that was the only advice we got haha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 420421422423424 621>