Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 421422423424425 609>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rosati777 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Randomness Thread
    Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

I took my girl friend for her first time for an entire weekend of slowly feathering down the slopes!! Was extremely boring stuff and I swear my legs were sorer from that than when I normally ride.

I learnt the hard way, myself and another first timer went with 3 friends who were experienced. We got dropped at the top of a blue run and as they were riding away they yelled "learn" and that was the only advice we got haha

To be quite honest teaching yourself might not be the best way to learn and cause you to learn bad habits but it really makes your style "yours" if you know what i mean
Soft View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Soft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 12:15pm
I'll just practice switch, while I learn him :) And practice butters and 180's! Trying to be positive, self about it is going to be a long day,,,

- P
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 4:01pm

Its amazing how all flights and operations can get delayed or cancelled due to a little snowfall.

chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 4:54pm
Happy Friday Everyone.  Hope you guys have a good weekend.  And hopefully you have Monday off for MLK.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by jhoang6

Originally posted by Lux

Pretty much the trend for Canadian pricing for everything, especially this snowboard industry. My Flux bindings are almost $100 more expensive in Canada when compared to America... makes perfect f*cking sense, I know. Here's the best part: Canadian dollar has more value than the American dollar.
Damn gov't still haven't got their sheeit together yet that or they're raking in all the $ charging tariffs/taxes on all the goods that come in to be sold in Canada.
With that additional $100 it'll cover the cost of money conversion + delivery to canada from the us and if you're lucky you won't get hit with brokerage costs and taxes. you'll have some $$ left over.

l actually studied international export. For us it isn't even the tarrif. Snowboarding good if l remember correct is only 12%. But what actually happens is the manufacturer adds cost for transportation and documentation.. but they overcharge for sure
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JennyLi
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by chillwill

Happy Friday Everyone.  Hope you guys have a good weekend.  And hopefully you have Monday off for MLK.

I just realized Monday is MLK day. man..just ordered a pair of in-ear headphones..now i gotta wait until Tuesday to get them. So sad!
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by haiv143

I just realized Monday is MLK day. man..just ordered a pair of in-ear headphones..now i gotta wait until Tuesday to get them. So sad!

This weekend is going to be the worst 3-day weekend ever. I have finals next week so I have to spend the whole weekend studying :(
snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by snowboardinrox357

This weekend is going to be the worst 3-day weekend ever. I have finals next week so I have to spend the whole weekend studying :(

tell me about it. so many end of semester projects.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by snowflakez

tell me about it. so many end of semester projects.

This Friday is my Monday
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2013 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by rye

Originally posted by Lux

Pretty much the trend for Canadian pricing for everything, especially this snowboard industry. My Flux bindings are almost $100 more expensive in Canada when compared to America... makes perfect f*cking sense, I know. Here's the best part: Canadian dollar has more value than the American dollar.
Damn gov't still haven't got their sheeit together yet that or they're raking in all the $ charging tariffs/taxes on all the goods that come in to be sold in Canada.
With that additional $100 it'll cover the cost of money conversion + delivery to canada from the us and if you're lucky you won't get hit with brokerage costs and taxes. you'll have some $$ left over.

l actually studied international export. For us it isn't even the tarrif. Snowboarding good if l remember correct is only 12%. But what actually happens is the manufacturer adds cost for transportation and documentation.. but they overcharge for sure
So gov't does slap on the extra 12% and the additional cost on top to make it ridiculous is the manufacturer? what kind of documentation we talking about? transport as in shipping fees? is it not the same as the tariff as the goods come through the border?

I'm going boarding tmr! but its warmer at 2C with precip ) = drop an actual 2C not just feeling like -5C!
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 4:48am
Working Saturday morning. It's okay, everyone is still asleep
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 5:06am
^ l am, your just lying to yourself solocreep
for fantastic outdoor deals, checkout:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/KelvinChung
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 5:09am

Originally posted by rye

Originally posted by Lux

So gov't does slap on the extra 12% and the additional cost on top to make it ridiculous is the manufacturer? what kind of documentation we talking about? transport as in shipping fees? is it not the same as the tariff as the goods come through the border?

I'm going boarding tmr! but its warmer at 2C with precip ) = drop an actual 2C not just feeling like -5C!

well there is a few, but for standard, a bond ($$ in case sh!t goes wrong), doc for classifying which category the good is, the content weight/value etc. inspection cost and possibly the fee for border holding of goods.

steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 5:18am
Well it looks like I won't be riding today after all.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 9:35am
Traffic on a Saturday morning. Smh.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 10:06am
My semi new shoes has a hole on the top right corner in the mesh material. I have no idea how I got it. My left shoe is fine
Soft View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Soft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 12:38pm
Having some bigtime pain in my right knee....
xxbeachbum0804xx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xxbeachbum0804xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 12:49pm
hockey.. how ive missed you!!
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 12:51pm
Man, I can't believe how friggin noisy it is around here.  This morning, at about 9, the maintenance man started pressure washing the sidewalks and just finished about an hour ago.

Then, this mutt starts barking for like 20 minutes non stop.

If I worked nights and had to sleep during the day, I'd be pissed. LOL
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 1:50pm
Anyone know anything about airblaster lenses? What conditions would be best suited for the grey chrome lens? Tried looking around for a bit, but couldn't come up with any answers :/
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 3:00pm

Hah! looks like i got my headphones anyway. There were sitting there at the post office and waiting to be delivered on Tuesday. luckily my bro works there so he picked them up for me. Gonna be good weekend.
shreddog_123 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Duck season

Quote shreddog_123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 3:04pm

Man, I can't believe how friggin noisy it is around here.  This morning, at about 9, the maintenance man started pressure washing the sidewalks and just finished about an hour ago.

Man I used to work graveyard shift for Dutch brothers and just about killed my neighbors a few times. 
Do you know God???
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 3:24pm

I'd be pissed also if that was a daily occurence. But after working straight nights for 3 years now, any kind of noise doesn't even phase me. Also helps that I'm a deep sleeper.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 4:48pm
I turned that post quoting thing on but it still won't quote the post I want it to.

To Rosati, I definitely had bad habits but luckily I got to do a course with an instructor that coaches competitive snowboarders so she helped me iron them out. After 2 weekends with her the progress on my ground skills was huge
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 4:54pm

I turned that post quoting thing on but it still won't quote the post I want it to.

To Rosati, I definitely had bad habits but luckily I got to do a course with an instructor that coaches competitive snowboarders so she helped me iron them out. After 2 weekends with her the progress on my ground skills was huge
Was that a group lesson? What's the cost for something like that?
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 5:14pm

You enabled WYSIWYG post editor ?  If not -

Go to Control Panel.  Then go to Forum Preferences.  Then for Enable WYSIWYG post editor, select yes.

If you already did that and it still isn't working I'm not sure then.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 5:56pm
I'm debating whether or not to go boarding tomorrow but it's been so sunny so it's just gonna be ice.  Cry
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2013 at 10:07pm
It wasn't a group lesson it was an employment training program but it cost around $400 for the two weekends. It was a group of us trying to get a job as casual beginner instructors. Unfortunately because of a slow season I didn't get any shifts
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 4:27am
Easy like Sunday morning. Off to work.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 5:37am
i wish i had the time to be a snowboard instructor. but the cost of lodging and having to balance my real job, doesnt make it feasible.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 8:24am
I might need glasses ) =
started to notice that things are getting more difficult to read but it correlates to stressful week I had and the lack of sleep I've been getting.
A lot of symptoms are arising... now that I'm typing this I'm gonna see if I can hit up my doc to get a check on.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 8:36am
^ hopefully your eyes aren't going bad.  I've had glasses since the 3rd grade

I sleep for like 10 hrs a night...dunno what's wrong with me for sleeping that much.
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 8:56am

It wasn't a group lesson it was an employment training program but it cost around $400 for the two weekends. It was a group of us trying to get a job as casual beginner instructors. Unfortunately because of a slow season I didn't get any shifts

at least that means you get 20% off here now
for fantastic outdoor deals, checkout:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/KelvinChung
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 10:01am
Originally posted by hana24

I sleep for like 10 hrs a night...dunno what's wrong with me for sleeping that much.

You hibernate like a bear.  LOL  I have glasses but I never wear them unless I need to see like when I'm in class.  LOL
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

^ hopefully your eyes aren't going bad.  I've had glasses since the 3rd gradeI sleep for like 10 hrs a night...dunno what's wrong with me for sleeping that much.

You hibernate like a bear.  LOL  I have glasses but I never wear them unless I need to see like when I'm in class.  LOL

I tried only wearing glasses when I really need them but then it started pissing me off that I cant see perfectly when I play sports and I kept forgetting where I place them down. So now I wear them all day.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

I'm really hoping too, glasses can be quite a hassle, some girls look pretty damn hawt!! in em haha I don't think it applies to guys wearing em but what do I know I'm a guy.
Would love to be able to sleep a good 10 solid hrs, not a bad thing and you are recovering, guessing you might be on meds too, all contributing factors
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 10:43am

I'm really hoping too, glasses can be quite a hassle, some girls look pretty damn hawt!! in em haha I don't think it applies to guys wearing em but what do I know I'm a guy.
Would love to be able to sleep a good 10 solid hrs, not a bad thing and you are recovering, guessing you might be on meds too, all contributing factors

It really depends on the guy but non muscle head dbags look much better in glasses, it gives them extra geek points.  
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 12:12pm
Listening to music with my new headphones. I can definitely notice the difference in quality. I can hear that musical instrument that I never heard before. It's nice...
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 4:53pm
I've been splurging all weekend and to top that off just finish two seasons of tales from the crypt.It brought back so many childhood nightmares since middle school but now from a adult point of view it's just feel so nostalgic to watch it again free of evil dreams.
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 5:00pm
went to starbucks, got a matcha green tea frap. Added 6 shots of matcha into it LOL. THankyouuu gold card 
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 5:13pm
^ That reminds me.  I have a Starbucks card with a few bucks left on it.  Maybe I'll hit them up when I'm out tomorrow.

I usually just get a few shots of espresso over ice or regular coffee.   I used to get Frappacinos when I was younger.  Can't do that anymore lol.
snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 6:27pm
just broke my earbuds :\ might buy some new ones on amazon.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 6:56pm
Wow, I realize that when I'm on break from school....I dont hang around TS as much. But here I am haha.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 7:54pm
First day out today at Purg!!!! Except...it was a blown day after about, oh, 30mins. THANKS ALTITUDE SICKNESS YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!   
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 8:04pm
I've doubled up on base layers and i'm still freezing my nuts off in this cold weather!!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2013 at 9:56pm
Got around to watching Django Unchained tonight. Holy shit! That film's crazy!
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2013 at 3:26am
Yesterday was 60 degrees.....Today its 20......
This weather is farking crazy.....
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2013 at 3:27am
I can't believe, l went to work and wore wrong, unmatch shoes T_T... i is brown and 1 is black...
markyjas View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote markyjas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2013 at 3:41am
I washed my hair and then put bodywash in it this morning.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2013 at 4:42am
Originally posted by markyjas

I washed my hair and then put bodywash in it this morning.

Were u tired or sleepy? I've shampooed my face by accident, thinking it was face wash.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 421422423424425 609>