The New Randomness Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 432433434435436 624>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Randomness Thread
    Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 12:21pm
spent so many hours going through medical processes for leaving the country. hopefully i only have to do this once.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by ctoma

^ Great idea, chill (ziplock bag for the remote), I'll have to remember to do that, too.

I travel with Lysol antibacterial wipes and wipe down everything I can when staying at a hotel, you can never be too safe.  Also, before I bring the luggage into the room (or you can put the luggage in the bathtub prior to the bed inspection) I pull back the sheets to inspect the mattress, looking for signs of bed bugs.

Very good idea on inspecting the bed for bed bugs.  I'll have to start doing that.

Another thing I do before I sit or lay on the bed is to remove the comforter, fold it up and stick it in the corner.  Since the comforter rarely, if ever gets washed.  Only the sheets and pillow cases get washed.

I've always wanted to take a black light with me to inspect the room, but I never remember haha.

I'm not an extreme germaphobe or anything, but certain things I'm not going to expose myself to.
screwyvarmint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote screwyvarmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 12:37pm
Giveaway page is currently broken. Oh wells, I'll stay logged in just in case...
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by screwyvarmint

Giveaway page is currently broken. Oh wells, I'll stay logged in just in case...

Okay, who broke the damned Giveaway page?  C'mon, speak up!!!
Commissar View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Commissar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 12:41pm
Good, I am not the only one who its not working for.  They better pic me today!  A second board would be great.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 12:42pm

Originally posted by screwyvarmint

Okay, who broke the damned Giveaway page?  C'mon, speak up!!!

too many ppl wanted to watch allie on webcam..flooded the page and broke it.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 12:44pm
George, in chat, said the giveaway page is down for maintenance. 

He just said they can still do the giveaway in chat.

http://www.trusnow.com/privatechat.asp?chatmode=&answeringchid=&answeringprodid=
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 12:55pm
Wiper blades are sometimes tricky to install. Especially if you don't buy the brand you're replacing.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 12:56pm
Damn snow, causing me to take almost 2 hr home
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JennyLi
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 12:59pm
OOH! I forgot to mention earlier.. i got my state tax refund today! It would be a lot more exciting if i didn't have to spend it on paying a medical bill.. but I'm still excited solely for the fact that it's one less debt on the docket! And I'll still have $12 left over! wooo lol
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 1:13pm
Estrogen reduces body temperature & progesterone increases
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by j_lucky84

OOH! I forgot to mention earlier.. i got my state tax refund today! It would be a lot more exciting if i didn't have to spend it on paying a medical bill.. but I'm still excited solely for the fact that it's one less debt on the docket! And I'll still have $12 left over! wooo lol

i owe thousands in taxes every year.  i don't even remember what a refund check looks like.  
-zakk

mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 2:35pm
Getting cabin fever and about to go stir crazy from being out of work all week. Is it the weekend yet??
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by zakk

i owe thousands in taxes every year.  i don't even remember what a refund check looks like.  

Dont you guys have retirement savings plan or something similar?
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 3:03pm
Finally watched the Some King of Monster doco I never realised how bad things were in the band before that album 
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 3:19pm
oooooooohhh King of the Hammers tomorrow!
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 3:41pm
Just redeemed my free pizza large pizza from papa johns....thank you super bowl!!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 3:45pm
We're getting 25-30cm of snow in the city right now, Toronto. its so bad that I have to work, wanna go play in the pow.
same report for the resorts too ( = but temps are gonna go up in a couple of days....

Man i gotta get this ice fishing trip going soon to.
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 3:51pm
how did you get free pizza?
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 3:53pm
coin toss giveaway for the superbowl
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by jhoang6

We're getting 25-30cm of snow in the city right now, Toronto. its so bad that I have to work, wanna go play in the pow.

I feel ya. One day left for the wife and I and then we go spend a week in VT. Just want to leave now and get out of the city and wait for the snow. I know it's real dick" of me to say, but I kinda hope most people can't make it out to k-town this weekend because of the heavy snow/wind, so things aren't too tracked up when we get there LOL
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by coolz

Papa Johns had a Super Bowl promotion on their web site, pick heads or tails for the pre-game coin toss.  If you picked heads (which was the outcome of the coin toss) you won a free pizza.  I picked heads and received my free pizza e-mail the day after the Super Bowl.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 4:08pm
^ I got 2.  Someone here posted a way to choose heads twice and tails twice so you would win 2 free pizzas regardless of the outcome of the coin toss.
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bdanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 4:12pm
^exactly what a good deal. i guess papa johns isnt hurting for cash all that much just giving away pizza. peyton manning joining the papa johns team might have been the thing that helped put him over the edge. 
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 4:23pm

Originally posted by coolz

Papa Johns had a Super Bowl promotion on their web site, pick heads or tails for the pre-game coin toss.  If you picked heads (which was the outcome of the coin toss) you won a free pizza.  I picked heads and received my free pizza e-mail the day after the Super Bowl.

I had 2 emails...and picked heads TWICE! hhahah double or nothing FTW.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 4:28pm
Omg, why didnt you let me know on here. Im canadian, but going states this week. Could have used a free pizza
snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 4:39pm
slipped on a puddle today
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 6:17pm
of urine? 

speaking of which- some thing clogged the drain at work today and the guy next to me flushed the toilet as I'm peeing in the urinal. I cant move and the water (now coming out of the floor drain) is forming a puddle around me. talk about a new way to stand in your own piss.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 6:28pm
just got paid!! time to blow it all on stupid crap I don't need. and its my favorite day at work, burrito day!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 6:33pm
Note to self. Wash body of car 1st, windows last.
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 6:34pm
I got accepted into college today :)
BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 7:21pm
bag jump tomorrow at Granite Peak! so pumped to throw down some dub corks into a pillow.haha
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by snowboardinrox357

I got accepted into college today :)

Congrats man!

In the process of looking for a Spring/Summer job right now...and it sucks. I want to find a job in California but it's so hard. The market for everything is so damn saturated.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
LaNieve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote LaNieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 12:53am
Cant wait to get back to my uni!
Been way too long since all the parties
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 3:40am
Washed my car, so of course it rains.
bagelzzz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bagelzzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 4:08am
Blizzard coming - cant go boarding because baby on the way
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 4:43am
Do I be pissed that I got woken up today by the maintenance crew of my building on my day off....or happy that I am getting new windows? LOL 
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 5:05am
omg, snowstorm, took me 2hrs to get to work ><
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 5:23am
People in NYC are already starting to line up for gas......Hurricane Sandy all over again.....
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 5:37am
Originally posted by rye

omg, snowstorm, took me 2hrs to get to work ><

That's when you just stay home. Sucks your work is still having you come in. :/
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 5:44am
It's definitely not worth spending 2 hours on the road to get to work.  I did it a few times early in my career and haven't since.  I can accomplish more working from home vs. working in the office (too many interruptions in the office).
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Quote zakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 5:44am
Originally posted by rye

yes, and that is what saves me.  we don't own a home and have no kids, so it straight up regular deduction only Confused

-zakk

MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 5:54am

Originally posted by rye

yes, and that is what saves me.  we don't own a home and have no kids, so it straight up regular deduction only Confused

buy yerself a trailer and start poppin out the chitlins
MOAR powderz plz!
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 6:00am
awesome i get to go from a regular work week to another job for the weekend then right back into another full week of work. i am going to be very tired.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 6:04am
You should seriously consider MT's advice, the man knows what he's talking 'bout, although we eat chitlins in the 'hood.

Mortgage interest and 2 kids keep me from owing each year.

My goal every year isn't to get a refund (only means the govt has been holding money all year that is rightfully mine and keeping me from making money on that money) but to break even - owe nothing, receive nothing.
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 6:59am
^^^ fack, we have to make extra tax payments in advance all year and still wind up owing.  Although I like your moxy Ctoma, I'm not procreating just for tax breaks!  And if I'm following tax advice from anyone on this site, it's clearly mommehK since (I think) she's in the industry

-b
get bent
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote MTpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 7:04am
but i stayed at a holiday inn express last nite?
MOAR powderz plz!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 7:24am
Originally posted by rye

Are you asking zakk or me? I invest in my 401K. And my company matches 116%. My medical bills alone were almost enough to allow me to itemize my deductions ( #(%*in nuts, right?!). My returns werent very big (I claim 2 fed and 2 state exemptions), but the extra little money helps.

I got my federal return this morning :). And it's payday as well! Hooray for having a decent looking checking account! Top that off with a planned trip to go boarding tomorrow. I'm in a hell of an awesome friday mood :D:D:D
rosati777 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 7:40am
Damn dude service fees for EDC tickets are bs man.. 21.75 holy shit. But glad i got mine as sonn as they went on sale. they sold out in 6 minutes lol
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2013 at 8:02am
Woke up with a sore lower back and a sore left knee.  Not really sure how that happened.  Must have been some wild dreams last night.

Other than that, it's Friday! Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 432433434435436 624>