The New Randomness Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 443444445446447 637>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Randomness Thread
    Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 7:43am
Today is the first day I opened up a can of soda and drank it without eating lunch or dinner. I can't even remember the last time I had pop by itself when I was a teenager. Signs of getting old.
humblerooster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 8:30am
Originally posted by haiv143

Today is the first day I opened up a can of soda and drank it without eating lunch or dinner. I can't even remember the last time I had pop by itself when I was a teenager. Signs of getting old.

That's a good thing. I've been staying off soda too. I went to eat sushi and it was a super long line so they decided to give everyone free drinks for the wait. I was tempted but asked for water instead.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 8:30am
Captia and union was at the local resort yesterday!
DAMn it and I caught them just as they were leaving the place argh...that was probably my one and only opportunity to try out their gear. quite disappointed there.
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 8:45am
oh no, what bad luck. would have been awesome to try their stuff!
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 9:49am
Originally posted by jhoang6

DAMn it and I caught them just as they were leaving the place argh...that was probably my one and only opportunity to try out their gear. quite disappointed there.

Did you arrive for like night boarding or something?  It's not the end of the world, you can try them out next season or something.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 10:21am
Um afternoon snack. Chicken wings and deep fried toast
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JennyLi
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 11:03am
gyaaah dave and busters is super fun and I got enough tickets for a star wars lunch box haha!!
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 11:22am
Originally posted by jhoang6

That sucks dude! Does the local resort post anything about demo days/vendor visits? I've been tryin to stay on top of checkin the local ones around here, but haven't seen anything yet. I'd love for the gf to go and try a couple different board types.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 11:55am
Originally posted by cds4288

gyaaah dave and busters is super fun and I got enough tickets for a star wars lunch box haha!!

that essentially means that you go too much then LOL
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 1:54pm
^^ Dave and Buster is a pretty cool place to be. We usually go when it's someone's bday. Buy the $20 credit and get $20 free. Last me and my gf all night racing and etc. Can't say I've eaten there..how's the food?
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 3:16pm
Channel surfing and found the Oscars. Jamie Foxxs daughter is hot.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 3:26pm
l find the oscar pretty boarding never really watch it completely in full. 
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 4:43pm
feels like l haven't been on the site for so long, its only been since fridya though lol
for fantastic outdoor deals, checkout:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/KelvinChung
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 4:59pm
Busy weekend of drinking......Fell asleep and woke up to dry puke on my phone. Not sure what part of my brain decided it was a good idea to puke on my phone.

Luckily it was mostly rice..So I guess it absorbed the  moisture.  Phone seems to be ok.
jades10 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jades10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 5:02pm
I woke up on the floor of some Japanese family's rec room, and they would NOT stop screaming!
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by jades10

I woke up on the floor of some Japanese family's rec room, and they would NOT stop screaming!

you trying to be funny or are you serious?
for fantastic outdoor deals, checkout:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/KelvinChung
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 5:09pm

Were you clothed?  Did you violate any of the family's pets?
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by sideways99

Were you clothed?  Did you violate any of the family's pets?

hahah good question. Did you know these Japanese people?
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 5:26pm
I LOVE veggie burger way more than ground beef for fried rice, or burritos. and I'm not vegetarian either
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 5:42pm
No real American would ever turn down true and good meat for a veggie item unless it was for health reasons.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 6:08pm
ugh veggie burgers tend to be so dry. theres no fat or oil to keep the patty moist.
snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 6:13pm
is it just me or are in-n-out hamburger buns really dry  
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 6:27pm
I would give anything for a Five Guys here in Durango...gonna have to eat as much of it as I can in AVL next month!
batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2013 at 7:30pm
xbox live/microsoft can eat the biggest bag of dicks*. I have been trying for the past 20 minutes now to give them my money, but because I don't want a year subscription it is the biggest hassle. What the shit man, no wonder everyone hates on them. This has to be the most confusing thing out there. fuck....fuck!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 3:40am
Ugh, Monday mornings.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 4:42am
Hopped on the red-eye last night. So nice to be back in my bed again.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 5:09am
Drove my car in the one foot snow last week and parked it over the weekend. Drove it today to work and the steering wheel started to wobble... pulled over and looked at the tires and they seemed to be fine. Noticed some ice buildup within the rims and park of the disc break. Took off again on the highway and the shake seems minimal but was too scared to go over 55. I'm guessing if there might be:

A bubble in the tire(s)
Ice build up on parts of the rim
Disc break may have warped during my short travel last week because of the snow and I parked it over the weekend.
Alignment went out of wack after driving in the snow and over plowed snow(drove 3 blocks last week..lol, to unstuck some people)

batmanwest View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote batmanwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 5:21am

Drove my car in the one foot snow last week and parked it over the weekend. Drove it today to work and the steering wheel started to wobble... pulled over and looked at the tires and they seemed to be fine. Noticed some ice buildup within the rims and park of the disc break. Took off again on the highway and the shake seems minimal but was too scared to go over 55. I'm guessing if there might be:

A bubble in the tire(s)
Disc break may have warped during my short travel last week because of the snow and I parked it over the weekend.
Alignment went out of wack after driving in the snow and over plowed snow(drove 3 blocks last week..lol, to unstuck some people)

Umm...even the smallest amount of snow/ice buildup on your wheels will cause them to shake. If you ever notice the wheel weights, they are usually in ounces. I would bet once all the snow/ice is gone from all four, the shake will go away.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 5:55am
^ yup batmanwest.
that's why I try to keep my rims cleaned and the the snow off, but i didn't experience any shaking and wobbling from it yet.
same goes with mud that's dried up ...could be caked on the back side of the wheels tooo.
bring it in for a warm car wash =p melt everything.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 7:15am
when me and a friend worked at Ford we used the stick on wheel balancing oz. strips and put them on our friends wheels to make them think something was wrong with their cars. it was a super funny prank.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 7:21am
Hate it when my ride breaks down.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 7:22am
I just want this week to end already....spring break starts this Friday for me Big smile
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 7:22am
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 7:38am
Originally posted by solocreep

funny you say that. my yaris has been making me extremely mad. Just this winter, my abs sensor broke 4x. cost 1000 to fix each time. Apparently the sensor is nto protected underneath the car and is just revealed. Then snow causes problem, cold temp etc etc
letourneau41 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Good Day In The Backcountry

Quote letourneau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 8:01am
Originally posted by rye

funny you say that. my yaris has been making me extremely mad. Just this winter, my abs sensor broke 4x. cost 1000 to fix each time. Apparently the sensor is nto protected underneath the car and is just revealed. Then snow causes problem, cold temp etc etc

That's why you shouldn't drive a Yaris......
"Sign up for the Daily give away at Thrive. http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/66964"
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 9:00am
Originally posted by letourneau41

Originally posted by rye

Don't say that, Lux loves his Yaris.  LOL  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 11:31am
Some days I really wish I could drink at work.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
pyrotechnics View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote pyrotechnics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 12:19pm
anyone else find that bk nuggets are on par with mcdonalds ones now? even the shape is very consisent for bk.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by batmanwest

A bubble in the tire(s)

Umm...even the smallest amount of snow/ice buildup on your wheels will cause them to shake. If you ever notice the wheel weights, they are usually in ounces. I would bet once all the snow/ice is gone from all four, the shake will go away.

Good call man. It was a pretty big block of snow/ice combo and it was stuck between the rims. I've never experienced this before as this is my first SUV--It move on snow like a champ! I've never gotten this issue with smaller cars and this is probably because I avoid driving on snow with them. a sigh of relief!
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 12:55pm
omg mondays are the longest days ever in history, i hate them.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Originally posted by rye

Well it's not like they are going to broadcast that their car have problems. It's a good price car and honestly, very similar to the corolla which last a lifetimr
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 2:36pm
I was a little worried today... as my buddy (whom i usually ride home with after class) called in sick to work today. Class immediately follows work, so if he didnt show here, I knew he wouldn't show for class.
Fortunately, the instructor doesn't track attendance, and today's class is covering something i already know, so I can leave at a regular time :) .
Also get to play volleyball tonight! I'm more or less a fill in (its coed and can only have 3 guys max on the court at any time... we have 5 on the team)... Since i have class on days they play, i didnt wanna take someone elses spot. But the sick friend mentioned above is not playing, nor is another guy, so i get to play! Hooray exercise!

Also decided on some sunglasses for my (very belated) Vday gift from my gf. woot! Tis a good day
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by rye

Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Originally posted by rye

Well it's not like they are going to broadcast that their car have problems. It's a good price car and honestly, very similar to the corolla which last a lifetimr

I have a Toyota camry and have never had any trouble with it
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 5:31pm
it also depends on how you drive it. if you baby the camry, you'll probably have less problems. but if you trek through snow, screech your tires on corners, and just drive the piss out of it, it'll have a shorter life span. im not a fan of the loose steering in camrys. i feel like im driving a boat.
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 5:44pm
how l met your mother night ( not literally meeting your mother, l'm watching the series ;p)
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 5:52pm
homework is getting so annoying just a few more months and im doooone.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 5:59pm
stupid Monday. That is all.
humblerooster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by mommehK

stupid Monday. That is all.

Dude I hear ya! It's been a rough day for me to. Tomorrow if one day closer to the weekend tho and that keeps me going.
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 7:13pm
it doesnt matter what day of the week it is. All i can think about is heading to the mountains to shred. gah i wish i could work at a resort and make ends meet.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2013 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by nautika96

it doesnt matter what day of the week it is. All i can think about is heading to the mountains to shred. gah i wish i could work at a resort and make ends meet.

Aint that the true! I wish I could be a ski bum too and work lifts and snowboard.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 443444445446447 637>