The New Randomness Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 469470471472473 610>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Randomness Thread
    Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 3:21pm
All I remember from one republic was the apologize song
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JennyLi
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 4:16pm
redds apple ale is off the CHAIN!!! i thought it would suck but its pretty good and its 1% less alcohol than a budlight platnum.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 5:54pm
Cleaned out my garage today. My little brother is finally taking all three of his motors out of the garage (a d-series , b-series, and K20 motor). Also throwing away bunch of car parts like ac motor and blower, gauge clusters, side mirrors, visors, bunch of wires, del sol tail lights and lots more! Man I used to buy these stuff...haha. More room other stuff I guess.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 6:32pm
It's probably not worth t for me to go to a bday party tonight if I'm going to constantly be thinking about how I should be studying at the time ...
humblerooster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by rurchan

It's probably not worth t for me to go to a bday party tonight if I'm going to constantly be thinking about how I should be studying at the time ...

That's why I didn't go rock climbing, but then I fell asleep anyway!
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 6:52pm
you know what really helps when l study. Candy. Put xx candy every 3rd paragraph, when you get there, you get to eat it 
rosati777 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Calvin and Hobbes Extreme Sports

Quote rosati777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by humblerooster

OneRepublic's new album is so good. They really improved from their other two albums in my opinion.

I like their song with Alesso:

j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by cds4288

redds apple ale is off the CHAIN!!! i thought it would suck but its pretty good and its 1% less alcohol than a budlight platnum.

Interesting comparison lol. By contrast, i picked up a Burnside Brewing Company "Sweet Heat" from my local shop yesterday. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but my friend raved about it in addition to it being on sale, and he picked up 3 bottles for himself.
Apricots and Scotch bonnets sound more like something I'd generally use in cooking. Perhaps ill grill up some chicken and finish it off with some of this.. while drinking it :D
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 8:35pm
I wondered if that Redd's was any good or not. I tried the ShockTop Honeycrisp Apple Wheat and it was okay. Kinda like if you mixed apple juice with wheat beer. I'm a cider drinker also (love Crispin), so I didn't know what to expect.
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 11:35pm
I hate it when I take a long nap and then wake up at night! What is wrong with my body. Now I have nothing to do till the morning.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 11:38pm
Damn almost 3am and I'm still wired. I hate it when you don't want a certain day to come...so time decides to speed up. eff.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2013 at 11:42pm
Gotta sleep and wake up in 4 hours. Work is goonna suck.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 3:40am
Saturday night in but Sunday night out, does that count as a quiet weekend??
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 5:27am
omg i cant finish this paper for the life of me. i hate writing sooooooo much.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 8:20am

omg i cant finish this paper for the life of me. i hate writing sooooooo much.

I used to have class that made me write 5 page essay every 3 days. Did that for a year and now it comes naturally. I'm thankful for those teachers now but I hated them when I was in school :)
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 8:32am
Going to a Volvo car meet now, hosted by my buddy. Curious to see how the characters in the Swedish scene compare to the dipshits in the local Honda scene.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Lux

Going to a Volvo car meet now, hosted by my buddy. Curious to see how the characters in the Swedish scene compare to the dipshits in the local Honda scene.

There are NO comparisons to the dipshits in the Honda community hahaha. Southern California is FULL of rice rocket-y civics n bs. Always bring a bad name to the car community.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 9:14am
Going to pick up monies from tenants and unfortunately gotta spend a brief time at a park for a party.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 9:21am
My buddy texted me at like 10 o clock last night askin if i wanted to go boarding this morning. Blah. Knowing I'd have to pack all my shit and be ready to go at 6 in the morning, 10 pm is not adequate warning! The mountain closes today, so i'm kinda bummed i don't get to go one last time, but fugg!
On the "plus" side, it's windy as hell here today. That doesn't necessarily mean it's windy up there, but that would certainly make for a miserable outing.
Local
Local

Quote humblerooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 9:43am
Originally posted by j_lucky84

My buddy texted me at like 10 o clock last night askin if i wanted to go boarding this morning. Blah. Knowing I'd have to pack all my shit and be ready to go at 6 in the morning, 10 pm is not adequate warning! The mountain closes today, so i'm kinda bummed i don't get to go one last time, but fugg!On the "plus" side, it's windy as hell here today. That doesn't necessarily mean it's windy up there, but that would certainly make for a miserable outing.

I had a similar situation. I could of taken the day off work because my friends were thinking of going up to he mountain, it was probably going to be raining instead of snowing and it sucks to be on the lift when it is pouring rain.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 9:45am
I didn't plan on spending a lot of time at a party last night, maybe about 1.5 hrs cuz I got there at 11pm. I ended up staying till 3am, had a rough time getting up this morning, couldn't play bball with friends this morning, and now I have to do so much work/studying before tomorrow :-(
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 10:34am

My buddy texted me at like 10 o clock last night askin if i wanted to go boarding this morning. Blah. Knowing I'd have to pack all my shit and be ready to go at 6 in the morning, 10 pm is not adequate warning! The mountain closes today, so i'm kinda bummed i don't get to go one last time, but fugg!
On the "plus" side, it's windy as hell here today. That doesn't necessarily mean it's windy up there, but that would certainly make for a miserable outing.

How much stuff do you usually bring or is it just because you're not organized?  LOL  I can grab all my stuff ready in less than 5 min.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 11:18am
Super windy today. Almost felt like the car was gonna get lifted from the hwy.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 11:23am
At least it is starting to feel a little like spring around here.  Went for a nice long run on the river and it was clear I was not the only one who had that idea.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 1:32pm
yeah it feels warm, but the wind just changes the mood for me
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JennyLi
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 2:13pm
feeling tired today. dont feel like reading today once again, nor work out 
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 3:49pm
Only got 4 hours sleep last night. I'm surprised I'm not tired after a hectic day at work.
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 3:56pm
Got my hair cut. By sheer coincidence, I look exactly like this guy.

sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 3:59pm
^ Your pic or it didn't happen.

Had a great weekend at Breckenridge.  Good beer, good friends and fair snow conditions.  Hate to see the season end.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 4:04pm
I've totally feel like massive shit today, not sure if it's from last night fishing weather or I've was lucky enough to eat something bad, over slept by 4 extra hours.
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Lux

Got my hair cut. By sheer coincidence, I look exactly like this guy.

thats a crazy scar if you have that. post a pict
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 4:39pm
I agree.. Pic or it didn't happen! Post up!!
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 4:40pm
Ah... Spring is finally here. Pouring rain, creeks of thunder, and flashes of lightning since this afternoon. Always wondered why stormy days makes me feel reminiscing of when I was a kid. It does brings back good memories.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 4:41pm
chipotle for dinner was the best idea i had all week. wooo hooo! but i rubbed my eye with sauce on my hand, im still crying.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 5:09pm

chipotle for dinner was the best idea i had all week. wooo hooo! but i rubbed my eye with sauce on my hand, im still crying.

Hot sauce in the eyes eh,was it worth all the pain? was never a big fan of Chipotle they have a good menu to me but feel like a subway chain for mexican food,gotta admit they have great salsa dip though.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 5:25pm

Parents are just too easy on their kids these days. How do they just let them scream at the top of their lungs in the middle of a busy airport? cmon

snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 5:41pm
why are some kids so difficult to deal with
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by snowflakez

blame the parents. If my kid turns out to be a dumb a$$, I'm part of the reason.
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 8:00pm
Why is Game Of Thrones so confusing?
I break balls.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

How much stuff do you usually bring or is it just because you're not organized?  LOL  I can grab all my stuff ready in less than 5 min.  

Most my shit is actually packed in my bag. But I generally try to bring snacks so I dont have to fork out for lodge food prices, and would've had to go shopping for that. I also run a volunteer open gym thing for the city on Sundays and open that at 6. Generally boarding where he intended results in a return time of around 7. The gf would've gone too, and she freaks the #@) out prior to any kind of trip, and it only gets worse with little planning time (even tho her shit is packed too). Its miserable to deal with and generally results in a less than enjoyable day on the mountain. It was really a multitude of shit that made today a challenge. THe point is I'd just like a bit more warning!

Originally posted by Geez

At least it is starting to feel a little like spring around here.  Went for a nice long run on the river and it was clear I was not the only one who had that idea.

I really wanted to go for a run today, too! But the 40+ mph winds and off-and-on rain/hail gave that no chance in hell of happening lol.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 2:26am
Originally posted by C4

So you can never be sure of what's going to happen next. Main characters being killed etc that's why I love it
xxbeachbum0804xx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote xxbeachbum0804xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 3:25am
all my ex's live in texas.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 5:18am
booo im sneezing a bunch. must... get... nasonex... that stuff work pretty good and prevents a lot of crap from bothering you with allergies.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 5:28am
Originally posted by solocreep

blame the parents. If my kid turns out to be a dumb a$$, I'm part of the reason.
kids need to be smacked around so they know they can't get away with shiet. Like I said, parents these days are way too easy on them. If I have kids I won't hesitate to give the backhand.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 5:50am
Originally posted by Von44

kids need to be smacked around so they know they can't get away with shiet. Like I said, parents these days are way too easy on them. If I have kids I won't hesitate to give the backhand.

Idk bout slapping them around, but there's a difference between control and influence. Parents set the example. Good or bad, they're the example.
EzSTiKiNs View Drop Down
Local
Local
Can you see the fnords?

Quote EzSTiKiNs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 6:07am
Sooo windy this morning in Ventura County.  I thought my car was gonna blow off the road!!!  Good excuse to get to work late tho'!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 6:11am

Idk bout slapping them around, but there's a difference between control and influence. Parents set the example. Good or bad, they're the example.
ok by no means would I give a kid a blackeye for crying. But i strongly believe there needs to be a harsher punishment. Whats the solution to disciplining a child when they don't follow a parents good example? I remember I used to get my ass beat if I didn't behave. Now there's hardly a slap on the wrist. Then again I'm not a parent so I may feel differently once I join the club.
namsapalooza View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote namsapalooza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 6:15am

ok violence is the wrong way to handle it but what's the solution to disciplining a child when they don't follow a parents example? I remember I used to get my ass beat if I didn't behave. Now there's hardly a slap on the wrist. 

Never got slapped once by my parents and managed to turn out pretty ok. I'd say taking the time to explain things to kids and paying enough attention to them so they feel involved and like they're being taken seriously helps a lot.

Unrelated, structural equation modeling is a drag.
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 6:47am
Originally posted by mj2delmenico

Originally posted by C4

So you can never be sure of what's going to happen next. Main characters being killed etc that's why I love it
This is true. Thought the show would be over after the first season with the kings hand getting decapitated. 
I break balls.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2013 at 7:17am
Did u know you can be overweight but not obese? Or you can be overweight be still fit? Hard concept to understand
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 469470471472473 610>