The New Randomness Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 472473474475476 597>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Randomness Thread
    Posted: Apr/10/2013 at 6:21pm
just realized you are using a speaker as a coffee table. what a waste lol
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2013 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by hana24

We got an Asus RT-N16 router.  

Yeah...I was trying to update the firmware on it and I broke it.  Worked on it for 2 hrs and I couldn't get the damn thing to communicate with me LOL  
Yeah I had that problem.. I shorted my router, kick started it back to life a few times LOL, everyone says its not advised...and should j-tag it but not everyone has one handy...
I think i got the N-12? I didn't like it ended up returning the thing...

How much was yours? N16
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2013 at 8:16pm
I could not focus at ALL at work today. SO much shit goin on. Paid off one more of my medical bills (HOORAY!), found a bike, and was working at figuring a way to get it to MEEEE, and overall just spacey. No worries, im in a GREAT mood!!
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2013 at 8:33pm
Did anyone know it was national siblings day? suddenly tons of old pictures are appearing on my fb hahaha. embarassing omgahh
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2013 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by mluu003

Did anyone know it was national siblings day? suddenly tons of old pictures are appearing on my fb hahaha. embarassing omgahh

Didn't think we had a day like that in the states,yet alone mention on the calender,this is why teens and older adults don't have family added onto their friends list,I know for sure we have a national doughnut day.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2013 at 10:10pm
I didn't know there was such a thing until my friend told me about it. I thought she was making it up cuz I have never heard I it before. But just like u said, apparently it's all over fbook now.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2013 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by rurchan

I didn't know there was such a thing until my friend told me about it. I thought she was making it up cuz I have never heard I it before. But just like u said, apparently it's all over fbook now.

Yeah its all over my facebook as well! My siblings started adding TONS of photos and tagging me. And people were they asking me if I knew anything about the day bc they didn't know much about it either. Such a random thing.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 4:38am
Today starts my new working schedule, as the project I'm on mandates a 6:30am meeting. Technically yesterday started that, but I didnt set my alarm to wake up for it lol.. ah well.. more afternoon freed up :D
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 5:08am
Got called in to work on my day off. Hooray OT!
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 5:46am
why does every homosexual that didnt get anywhere in life have to work at a car repair shop and rip people off and give horrible service? BBB is getting a call today.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 7:11am
Originally posted by coolz

just realized you are using a speaker as a coffee table. what a waste lol

Well, not like I can actually use them in a place like this. haha  But if I ever did need loud speakers for a dance studio or something, I'm ready!  I just need a new amp though.
JOIN ME @ THRIVE SNOWBOARDS! http://www.thrivesnowboards.com/rp/120169
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 7:14am
Im pretty sure i hit a bird on my way to work this morning. I was on the freeway and i saw a bird fly low over my car and then i heard a thud. He must not have noticed that i have a roof rack and hit the cross bar.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 7:46am
Originally posted by sdwc96

Im pretty sure i hit a bird on my way to work this morning. I was on the freeway and i saw a bird fly low over my car and then i heard a thud. He must not have noticed that i have a roof rack and hit the cross bar.

Sucks.  I have been in cars when birds hit it.  I was not driving so you can't blame me LOL

One time a bird swooped low in front of the car and we thought it flew away since it was such a tiny bird until 40 miles later we stopped at a gas station and we see a wing sticking out in front of the car.  Another time I guess the car got in the way of an owl swooping down to get food, but the owl hit the front passenger side window.  That one scared me since from the corner of my eye I saw this dark shadowy thing swooping in.  Turned back around and in the middle of the road was a concussed owl...

Now that I think about it, I know I've hit a bird while driving.  The bird was chilling in the middle of the road and the damn thing blended in well with the road so when I realized it, the bird started flying up and I hit it...

I seem to not have any luck when it comes to birds and cars.
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
belleayre View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
My son 2010

Quote belleayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 7:53am

Was the bird downhill?
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 8:23am
i haven't hit any birds yet...but i've run over serveral squirrels..and 1 dog that darted at the car from the sidewalk..Dead
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 8:25am
I haven't hit any animals yet although have hit a lot of bugs.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 8:31am
speaking of animals...i've seen animals in the wild in all of my vacations in recent years...a few bears at whistler, a zebra at park city (i don't know what it was doing in some grass area next to a highway), a coyote/fox at genoa, nv...and i didn't hit any of them..haha
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 9:04am
i hit at leasat 1 homeless person under the over passes a week to thin the heard a little.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 9:07am
Originally posted by cds4288

i hit at leasat 1 homeless person under the over passes a week to thin the heard a little.

you probably need to hit more than 1 a day to see any real results...
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 9:08am
Originally posted by belleayre

Was the bird downhill?

I've hit a bird driving 70mph before.....it flew right into my windshield. I'm pretty sure it didn't survive....

Bird suicide, its a thing. haha.

youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 9:08am
Originally posted by cds4288

Were you playing real life GTA?  LOL

The only wild animals I have seen in the wild are skunks and gophers.  LOL
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 9:09am
LoL man you guys are terrible!
I feel so damn sleepy right now I need a nap....but I got to go to work now.. fakkk
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 9:27am
I saw 2 dead skunks, and 1 dead possum on the way to work today..probably a couple of dead birds too..but i see those all the time...and none of them were killed by my car. i drive through the boonies to get to work to avoid traffic..and get see all kinds of roadkill..
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 10:53am
Never hit a bird myself but i did hit a opossum driving downhill during at night,it already cross one lane of traffic and Bam, his face saw my tires and accidentally ran over a dead dog corpse.A friend of mine hit a skateboarder once while he was making a left turn onto a street and the guy literally came out of nowhere and landed on his hood & windshield ,he pulled over immediately to seek aid but the skateboarder already took off.
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 10:58am
^I find it pretty funny how the guy on the skateboarder took off instantly, probably feeling at fault for the accident.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 11:04am
^Lmao yeah we were in the right of way and at no fault, he got up walk over to the driver side window we asked him if he's okay & wanted a ambulance he said "nah bro it's cool" and took off skating in the other direction into a neighborhood.
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 11:08am
^LOL that's too funny. I'd probably do the same thing, I wouldn't want to cause any more trouble.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 11:17am
That or maybe he was afraid for being blood tested.

The bird wasnt downhill. It was flying perpendicular to the lanes of traffic. My brother has hit a bunny rabbit though. He made it roll so it mightve lived but it rolled into another car and didn't make it past the tire.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 11:35am
Jeez, woke up this morning and it was snowing small ice pellets. This should be a fun drive in to work.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 11:55am
well tomorrow the rain is suppose to freeze over, sooo getting in would be fun
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JennyLi
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 11:59am
I'm expecting to see accidents everywhere as most ppl have taken off the winter tires already.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 12:53pm
It's hard to have a boring documentation class with a professor that is not bad, but just isn't as spunky or upbeat as the other professors
anna.chan18 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote anna.chan18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 1:03pm
but u always have the option to cut class ;-)
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Von44

I'm expecting to see accidents everywhere as most ppl have taken off the winter tires already.

i took off my winter tires too. wasn't too bad though, just wierd to see snow and ice the whole day
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JennyLi
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
HUMP ALL SNOW!!

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by haiv143

End of the season for both of my snowboards. Gonna put a generous amount of wax on them and let it sit for the summer. The question is, what do you guys do to protect the wax? I'm contemplating on using a roll of food plastic rap and run a line or two on the base so nothing will touch the wax and it won't dirty up my new snowboard bag LOL
Wax doesn't expire or decay, if that was what you were asking. And if it, somehow, oxidised or chemically transformed between now and next winter, it won't matter because you'd simply scrape off the excess wax anyway. The original purpose of "summer wax" was to protect the base from foreign damage (scuffing, sharp edges, chemical corrosion) but simply storing the board in a bag will accomplish the same effect.
Originally posted by Von44

I kept my winter tyres on because my summer tyres like to hydroplane around this time of year, which is exacerbated by my car's lack of weight (about 1'000 kg) holding it to the road.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 3:36pm
I refused to wax my board for storage...season is NOT over yet!!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by mluu003

I refused to wax my board for storage...season is NOT over yet!!

I see everyone talking about waxing their board for storage. What is the benefit of waxing your board before storing it?
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Lux

Wax doesn't expire or decay, if that was what you were asking. And if it, somehow, oxidised or chemically transformed between now and next winter, it won't matter because you'd simply scrape off the excess wax anyway. The original purpose of "summer wax" was to protect the base from foreign damage (scuffing, sharp edges, chemical corrosion) but simply storing the board in a bag will accomplish the same effect.

I was most worried about wax cracking/chipping off the base so it may dirty up my snowboard bag. I throw all my snow gear in the bag too so I don't want them getting waxed on. I know I'm weird.
Originally posted by fj5

As for what to do after summer waxing, I put the boards back in their sleeves and then in the board bag.

This is actually a very good idea and I didn't even think about it. All I think about was putting my board in the snowboard bag. I gotta think outside the bag sometimes :)
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 4:02pm
however... if you over suffocate something, creates moisture and then BAM!! edge gets rust 
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 5:15pm
So tired from working OT today. On my feet all day wearing heavy steel toes.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by coolz

however... if you over suffocate something, creates moisture and then BAM!! edge gets rust

rust or not,a reason to use fine grit sandpaper and file then gummy stone the edges..it will be good as new since the day you bagged it up.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by jhoang6

wisdom teeth.. shivers... I still need to take out one more..its messing with my brushing...

Holy cow FJ, that comp tower is huge! so is that vid card.. LOL massive.

Going to have the one taken out that is giving me trouble, hopefully can twist the dentist's arm and get him to do all four at once I hate needles
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 6:37pm
^
Good luck, they wouldn't let me do it because I wouldn't be able to eat for who knows how long depending on swelling and such...and how long the surgery is gonna take to remove it.

I've got my winters off too.. just took em off on sunday.. now its icy everywhere.. argh.. hopefully i'll be able to get some controlled slides then... and the highway, or as those down south say, the freeway is closed for the weekend for spring maintenance.. bah...
good thing I only work one of the weekends.. hope traffic going to work will be okay.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 7:34pm
i had all four taken out when only 1 was bothering me. the dentist figured he might as well do all four since I was already going under the knife. Eating was a pain though cause sometimes rice and stuff would get stuck near the stitches. And the only way to clean back there was with salt water. 
jhoang6 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Mt. Seymour, BC

Quote jhoang6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 7:37pm
ugh yah.. salt water... I remeber that.. I was drooling blood at times when I slept too.. and didn't even know it until i woke up of course..
not looking forward to taking out this last one.. but it should be a lot easier of the bunch. 3 down, one more to go..all done while I was awake!
I wanna go under....
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 7:41pm
Confirmed tonight that I was about 20ft away from Mark McMorris today. Nice.
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2013 at 11:32pm

i had all four taken out when only 1 was bothering me. the dentist figured he might as well do all four since I was already going under the knife. Eating was a pain though cause sometimes rice and stuff would get stuck near the stitches. And the only way to clean back there was with salt water. 

Stitches? Yours must have been some sort of procedure!! I only had the one taken out the dentist had to squeeze me in as an emergency because it had become infected. I was hoping he'd do all four but didn't have the time so will have to go back to get the other three done at some stage. So far so good though my mouth is still numb so waiting till that goes away before I pass judgement 
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2013 at 4:27am
Unless it is by choice, I hate being laid up.  After I catch up on bad tv, I just start thinking about everything that needs to get done.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2013 at 4:45am
Sore from all the work yesterday. Just gonna tough it out. No theragesic.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2013 at 6:49am
So glad my rotation is done. Looking forward to a relaxing 5 days off.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 472473474475476 597>