The New Randomness Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 480481482483484 608>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mj2delmenico View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mj2delmenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Randomness Thread
    Posted: Apr/23/2013 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by rurchan

Just saw a video of a guy wih a $200,000 prosthetic leg. It works just like a normal leg, too bad it's sooooo expensive and not all disabled ppl can't get one

Military issue? I watched a show documenting a marine that lost his leg in the war and he had a prosthetic leg that only military people could get
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 3:31am
I have too much crap to take on my trip but im only allowed two carry ons... that's pretty stupid. Im mailing some of this stuff home.
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 4:47am
Nice weather to ugly weather overnight.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Geez View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 5:24am

Just a reminder, administrative officials day today.

sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 5:36am
^ As if the Admin Assistants actually do anything in our office... every day is a holiday for them.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 5:39am
Originally posted by Geez

Just a reminder, administrative officials day today.

What is that, PC for secretaries day? LOL

If they really wanted to honor them, they should get the day off - paid.  But I know that would bring the business to a screeching halt and isn't at all practical.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 5:45am
^ You said the "S" word.  Secretaries do not exist in this day and age, only Administrative Assistants.

Kinda like another "S" word, stewardess.  Nope, we don't have any Stewardesses on this plane, only Flight Attendants.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 6:00am
Haha, yeah.  And it's not garbage man, it's Sanitation Engineer.

And it's not janitor, it's Maintenance Technician.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 6:07am
so there is taxes now for buying stuff online in the states now... hmmm
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JennyLi
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 6:31am
Originally posted by rye

What do you mean?
I live in NY and I've always been getting taxed for things I buy online.
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 6:43am
I want a 4g phone.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 6:50am
Getting ready to head up to the mountain today!!! Stoked since its a Wednesday and no one is on the mountain..and they got 13 inches 2 nights ago!!
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Local
Local
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 9:14am
I've gotten into watching some cool outdoorsie channels on youtube lately.  I think i'm going to give a crack at making my own alcohol stove out of an old Axe can.  Has anyone done this?  Looks simple enough, and it makes fire when it's done!  win-win! 

/ the guy who has the vid on how to make that stove also referrs to sowing machines as "platform mounted thread injectors" to make it sound more manly. 
// thought that was funny
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 9:32am
Cloudy and rainy weather just makes me feel so lazy.
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Von44

Cloudy and rainy weather just makes me feel so lazy.

I feel the same. I have no desire to get up and go to work right now.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 11:57am
I'm learning about the mechanics of walking and disabilities. It's super interesting way more than I thought it would be. Learning something everyday :-)
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 12:26pm
@ bootleg & sideways- Tried it. Same thing when I tried to quote you sideways, got the last post instead. Must be my janky pc.    Damn it. It's done goofy stuff with this site before, but that time a few other people had brought up the issue and it got fixed at some point. Or our my pc was having a change of heart.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 12:37pm
The planets must be aligned or something, because my cell phone currently shows 5 bars with AT&T in my office building.  It's a miracle.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by rye

It's for certain now?  Oh snaps....I wonder if those funding sites would also have to require funders to pay taxes on their projects as well.  Shocked
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by jjfreak

Originally posted by rye

What do you mean?
I live in NY and I've always been getting taxed for things I buy online.
rye, could you mean getting taxed if buying from the same State? I don't get taxed if I buy stuff online from different States than mine. Although they do make up bogus admin fees and what not to charge you.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 12:56pm
Well not all states use to charge sales tax, now it is mandated 
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 1:00pm
From snoop dogg to snoop lion? WTF? I guess.
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by solocreep

It could of been worse like Snoop Elephant, or Snoop Whale, or Snoop Shark, etc.  LOL
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 3:02pm
what is this snoop dog and lion yu are talking about?
loowee2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote loowee2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Originally posted by solocreep

It could of been worse like Snoop Elephant, or Snoop Whale, or Snoop Shark, etc.  LOL

He's moved on to makin reggae now.  So Lion fits in with the rasta theme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastafari_movement#Lion
Lux View Drop Down
Local
Local
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 3:37pm
This girl is coming back from Vancouver for two weeks. I used to "know" her... Wink hiyooo! Anyway... she invited me to her welcome back party in a few weeks but I'm undecided on going. The only reason I have for showing up is to get my fuxing CD back from her! lolol.. the CD had this song:

Should I go? She's easy, by the way. Embarrassed
mluu003 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mluu003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 3:46pm
Had a full day off, spent the day on the mountain after it got 13 inches 2 nights ago....freek'n amazing day! Who knew you could have your best days late late APRIL!! amazing.
youtube.com/college4matt

^^good shizzle
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Lux

This girl is coming back from Vancouver for two weeks. I used to "know" her... Wink hiyooo! Anyway... she invited me to her welcome back party in a few weeks but I'm undecided on going. The only reason I have for showing up is to get my fuxing CD back from her! lolol.. the CD had this song:

that's easy (pun intended) you should go.
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 5:17pm
rye -- all states (minus 5) have always charged sales tax online...IF the company charging you had "substantial nexus" in your state (e.g. brick & mortar storefronts, leased equipment, etc). If you're not getting charged tax up front on purchases you're supposed to claim it as use tax owed on your income tax return. LOL like anyone actually does that.

Sales tax questions anyone? Ask away...I get paid to know this shiz! hehe

coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by mommehK

rye -- all states (minus 5) have always charged sales tax online...IF the company charging you had "substantial nexus" in your state (e.g. brick & mortar storefronts, leased equipment, etc). If you're not getting charged tax up front on purchases you're supposed to claim it as use tax owed on your income tax return. LOL like anyone actually does that.

Sales tax questions anyone? Ask away...I get paid to know this shiz! hehe

what type of new deductions can l get for fixing my room this yr. im from toronto canada btw =)
mommehK View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote mommehK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 5:54pm
If you're in Canada you know you have to pay HST/GST on EVERYTHING!!!! NO DEDUCTIONS FOR YOU!!!! hahahahahahah
snowflakez View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowflakez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 7:02pm
being sick and having allergies is the worst combination 
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by rye

Well not all states use to charge sales tax, now it is mandated 

Oh I see what you mean. Just saw it on the news...and here I thought I was beating the system by shopping online. Saves gas, time, and tax. welp, not anymore.
LarsGenius View Drop Down
Local
Local
Light It Up

Quote LarsGenius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2013 at 8:42pm
it is better to be wronged, than to wrong someone.

respond with kindness to an evil person, and it will eat them alive.

it only works if you're sincerely genuinely kind.

Wink

chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 1:39am
Damn it.  I woke up at 3:30 and couldn't go back to sleep.  I did go to sleep at around 9:30, so I guess 6 hours isn't too bad.

I still feel tired, and I have a bunch of stuff I need to do today.  I guess it will all have to get done feeling relaxed and sleepy.

Maybe one of these days I'll actually get a full 8 hours sleep. ha
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 3:53am
^i had a phase when l was like that, then l just started progressively sleeping later, till i got the timing down. l think me myself, can only sleep for 6hrs exactly, anymore and l would be just lying there
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 4:30am
Started the day with coffee and banana. I seriously need to put more food in me in the morning.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 5:29am
Originally posted by haiv143

Started the day with coffee and banana. I seriously need to put more food in me in the morning.
haha exactly what I had too! For some reason, I've been having a tough time figuring what I want to eat in the mornings. Just sick of the scrambled eggs and toast.
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 6:19am
Ive been packing oatmeal for breakfast each morning. I also keep a stash of raw almonds in case i need a quick snack. It helps when i forget to bring enough food during the day.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 6:27am
^^ Same here. I started eating oatmeal a while ago.  Growing up I didn't really like it at all.  Now I like it.

I add cinnamon, ginger and a sliced up banana.  I was adding honey, but from the amount of sugar it was adding, I didn't think it was worth it. 
sdwc96 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sdwc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 6:33am
Yea if i have a banana i slice it up too. Theres enough sugar from the banana for me so i dont have to add any extra. I used to buy berries and freeze them to add to my oatmeal. The microwave would be enough to thaw them out. It makes for a nice treat when their in season.
j_lucky84 View Drop Down
Local
Local
1st Trip of Winter 2012; Anthony Lakes

Quote j_lucky84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 8:33am
Woke up today thinkin it was friday. Had one leg into my casual jeans before realizing it was thursday and i had to put mah slacks on.. Ready for this week to be over!
cds4288 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cds4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 9:24am
Hopefully my last day in the US for a little while so i can get my work on and get back home.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 10:42am
Must finish work so I can go to Mammoth tomorrow without having to work on the weekend.
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 10:57am
Does anyone else talk or do things on their phone while in the bathroom? Some ppl think its gross, and some think its not a big deal
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Lux

Just don't come home with crabs in your pants.  LOL

Some people are way too serious.  LOL
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote jjfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 11:22am

Does anyone else talk or do things on their phone while in the bathroom? Some ppl think its gross, and some think its not a big deal
I played games on my phone while taking a deuce.
One time at work, I just sat down playing for 30+ mins and the lights in the bathroom are sensored where it will turn on automatically if the door opens and turns off automatically if the door doesnt open for 30 minutes.
Got prty scared when the lights turned off cause noone walked in the bathroom....hahaha
I had to wipe my ass in the dark and go wave my hand on the sensor to turn the light back on.
Then went back into the stall to finish up the wiping....lol
PROCRASTINATION - Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 1:52pm
NBA playoffs, then NFL draft during commercial.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 2:10pm
Having some friends over to watch the draft and have a few beers.  Can't believe we are actually having a social event planned around the NFL Draft.
rye View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2013 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by jjfreak

I played games on my phone while taking a deuce.
One time at work, I just sat down playing for 30+ mins and the lights in the bathroom are sensored where it will turn on automatically if the door opens and turns off automatically if the door doesnt open for 30 minutes.
Got prty scared when the lights turned off cause noone walked in the bathroom....hahaha
I had to wipe my ass in the dark and go wave my hand on the sensor to turn the light back on.
Then went back into the stall to finish up the wiping....lol

l think it is fine depending on relationship. l fart a bit when l take a duece though
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 480481482483484 608>