Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 591592593594595 634>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Randomness Thread
    Posted: Mar/27/2014 at 5:54pm
I would think they would be especially dangerous in a place that isn't used to them.

FTA: "Two of the houses also were pelted with debris, such as barbecue grills" Shocked

Daaaamn... flying bbqs!
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2014 at 9:11am
^^ Yup, nobody knew what to do. Like staying under an overpass or getting into an inside room w/ no windows...
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2014 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by lightning80

yeah...we had no idea..we were at home saw some pea sized hail..that was about it..but some of the other parents at our kids' school were talking bout how they were out and about and saw the funnel clouds and everything... ppl here are not used to this stuff...not like in tornado alley in central US, where i grew up.

Whoa, whoa, whoa!  Tornado in Cali?!?  No freaking way~!  Shocked  I've only seen like a little swirl but nothing like a real one before.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
SnapShot View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote SnapShot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2014 at 1:16pm
There is a tornado in my pants.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2014 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by SnapShot

There is a tornado in my pants.

Don't tempt Angry Midget Yo, she's all about the pants tornado.
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2014 at 2:59pm
Omg I made it on time for the giveaway on Friday! 
for fantastic outdoor deals, checkout:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/KelvinChung
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2014 at 5:24pm
Close to the end of SOA season 4. Screw u Clay!!!
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2014 at 6:08pm
Making my mission to try every flavor at Davids tea. This could take a few months.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Lux View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2014 at 6:42pm
Back to smoking now that I'm back on the grind at work. Pretty much going to cut it out after I'm done my last pack. I keep getting paid in cigarettes for my work, so the stash keeps growing.

Went riding on Wednesday, first time riding in 3 months without wearing a sling (forgot it at home). Throwing switch 5's all day and almost stomped a switch frontside 720. Was 90 degrees short which makes it 630 I guess. Of course, with my luck, I tweak my shoulder at lunch time and a mild ankle sprain shortly after but kept going until last chair.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2014 at 6:47pm
^ Damn I admire your tenacity lux. But maybe u shouldve taken the rest of the year off to fully recover.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
bataleon155 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bataleon155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2014 at 7:08pm
how you like the deeluxe id you got, lux? 
hmmm... Now What???   
Lux View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2014 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by bataleon155

how you like the deeluxe id you got, lux? 
It's been good. Definitely a different flavour in terms of snowboard boots go, that's for sure. I've always gone back to Burton boots because they fit my wider feet best and last a long time, but wanted to experiment with foreign stuff. First of all, getting Deeluxe in Canada is a huge pain in the ass. They have a very strong market presence in Japan and Europe, but not here. I've seen a lot of my favourite Japanese riders wear Deeluxe over the years, which is what piqued my interest initially. I got the ID Fichtl model; chose it over the regular ID because the outer sole is EVA, which is in line with my philosophy that shock absorption is the responsibility of the boot, not the binding. The sole is slippery as hell, though, regardless of what snowboard I'm skating on, but I'm 100% sure that it's because of EVA. The zonal quick lacing is pretty neat too. Sometimes I feel like it isn't tight enough and I get heel lift, but I think I still need to heat-mould it for the liner to pack out properly so that the shell can bind it more tightly. Waterproof shell is a bonus too. Shock absorption when stomping hard landings is excellent, the ride is more supple than my Burtons before. While I'm not one for looks... I have to admit that the boot looks baller as fück... Bitches love my boots when I'm walking up and down the lodge and they want my dick! Unf! (mild exaggeration)

My only gripe is the cord locks are fragile. I broke both of them on my left boot in one hour, the same day I hooked up and rode with keljai, he'll tell you about it too. I had to send the boots back and received another pair but now in metric size 27.5 instead of 27. The ID is for narrower feet but the 27.5 gave me better fit I feel. Also, Flux toe straps wrap my toe box WAY BETTER than Burton boots. The boots are pretty big. US size 9 of this has the external dimensions of US size 11 Burton (full-footprint) boot. They're also softer than I expected: I'd rate them 3.5/10 on stiffness whereas Deeluxe says 5/10. Deeluxe sells a tongue reinforcement that I'm going to try and get to stiffen it up. I think I'm going to stick to Deeluxe boots for a long, long time. They definitely know what they're doing. Typical break-in period is about 3-5 days. Heat-moulding the liner is a separate procedure that breaking in cannot achieve alone.

bataleon155 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bataleon155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2014 at 9:37pm
welcome to deeluxe club, they are really something don't they. yeah, i have the same slippery feeling with the rough diamond as well as the empire. it makes me extra careful on steep chairlift take off. i thought the id fichti came with the tongue shield already? anyhow, shrink tech make every other boots seems bigger than it suppose to anyway.

should try out the empire, it's definitely stiffer than the id. have to agree deeluxe boots are pretty scarce over the states as well. only like a hand full carry them with limited models to choose from. but overall, it's really good boots compare to the other for sure(stop man handle the lock, luck me, my pair still going strong for after 5 years).
hmmm... Now What???   
Lux View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Two-hand tail block

Quote Lux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2014 at 11:00pm
The strange thing is that the first lock broke while I was riding. I was following my friend down the hill when I heard a *pop* noise from my feet and my ankle was slacking. Went back to the lodge after 2 more runs and found the lock snapped off. I pulled the cord on the other side to tighten and that lock sheared off of the boot cuff completely. I rode for the rest of the day with only the velcro cuff strap holding me in, lol

My ID Fichtl definitely didn't have the TPS shield, tongue is pretty soft to the touch. I don't actually know where to get them from.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2014 at 11:12pm
Gotta slow down on the drinking. Beer gut getting bigger. I don't even wear a belt anymore.
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2014 at 4:59am
lux, i thought you said that your boots were gonna get sent in for replacement?
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2014 at 6:09am
Whoa. Heard there was an earthquake in L.A. they had to evacuate Disneyland. At least it was at night.

Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2014 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by solocreep

Whoa. Heard there was an earthquake in L.A. they had to evacuate Disneyland. At least it was at night.

I didn't even felt it but I guess because the moment it hit I got up from my seat and started walking but then everyone else was like whoa earthquake!  LOL
mbesp View Drop Down
Local
Local
Hello

Quote mbesp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2014 at 5:37pm
It seems i have the flu.  Going on day 3 of feeling like turd.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2014 at 5:53pm
Witnessed a drunk driver destroy the crap outta his car in wkd traffic. Slammed into both medians 3 or 4 times. Surprised nobody got hurt but himself.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2014 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Von44

Witnessed a drunk driver destroy the crap outta his car in wkd traffic. Slammed into both medians 3 or 4 times. Surprised nobody got hurt but himself.

What kind of car was it?
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2014 at 8:57pm
did he die?
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2014 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by keljai

did he die?

Good riddance if he did otherwise it just might end up like the other case that happened recently where this like 22 year old chick who had a previous DUI incident went on the wrong side of the freeway going at like 90 mph until she hit head on into another car killing her 2 passengers (father and daughter) and 4 others in the car she hit and burst into flames and yet somehow she survived the whole ordeal.  
ryanthony View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ryanthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2014 at 9:25pm
dallas green is amazing live! probably best artist to see live
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2014 at 1:04pm
Working so many days straight. Hope my paycheck is worth it.
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2014 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

did he die?

Good riddance if he did otherwise it just might end up like the other case that happened recently where this like 22 year old chick who had a previous DUI incident went on the wrong side of the freeway going at like 90 mph until she hit head on into another car killing her 2 passengers (father and daughter) and 4 others in the car she hit and burst into flames and yet somehow she survived the whole ordeal.  

wth, why wouldn't the father stop her... thats just dumb on his part. they should never be allowed to drive again. Then again I know some that drive without licence so not sure if that would really stop them
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2014 at 6:54pm

Originally posted by Von44

What kind of car was it?

Some old indian guy in a minivan weaving through heavy traffic at 160 km/h. Unfortunately he didn't die. He was arrested later that night. Times like that makes me wish I had a dash cam.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2014 at 7:00pm
Just go home from clearing out junk from my parents basement. My sis had a 30 foot garbage bin dropped off out front for 10 days. Filled that thing up in 2 hours and still have plenty of stuff to go through. I'm tired.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2014 at 7:50pm

wth, why wouldn't the father stop her... thats just dumb on his part. they should never be allowed to drive again. Then again I know some that drive without licence so not sure if that would really stop them

The father and daughter was probably the driver's uncle and cousin, and I'm pretty sure they were pissed drunk too.  
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2014 at 5:39am
I work weekends, but Monday still feels like Monday.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2014 at 10:32am
Mondays just drag on. Can't wait for this day to end.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
JDiggidy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
October shred

Quote JDiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2014 at 10:55am
Dead Had an interview today for a promotion in my department.  Had it with some new suits that are trying to "re-organize" the organization... 

it went horrible.  That same interview 2 months ago (before they got here) gets me a new office this afternoon, IMO.  Ouch 
2010-11 Gnu Danny Kass C2BTX, 2011-12 Union Atlas, 2012-13 Salomon Synapse & a 12-13 Thrive Renegade for kicks
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2014 at 11:31am
Originally posted by JDiggidy

Dead Had an interview today for a promotion in my department.  Had it with some new suits that are trying to "re-organize" the organization... 

it went horrible.  That same interview 2 months ago (before they got here) gets me a new office this afternoon, IMO.  Ouch 

So does that mean you got promoted or demoted?  LOL  At least you still got a job.
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2014 at 3:00pm
Damit only got 500mb till April 2nd!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2014 at 6:16pm

Damit only got 500mb till April 2nd!

Use it wisely.
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2014 at 6:51pm
and you can tell I am by wasting some to get on this site right at the giveaway yet didn't win. DAMN U TS
mbesp View Drop Down
Local
Local
Hello

Quote mbesp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2014 at 7:23pm
Turns out it wasn't the flu, it is pneumonia which would explain why I still feel the same as the first day I was sick.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2014 at 7:47pm
Poured myself some orange juice earlier today but couldn't remember where I put the jug. Found it in one of the cabinets just now. Hope it's not spoiled.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2014 at 7:57pm
Finally uninstalled deer hunter. Too much virtual money for stuff. Not worth my time.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 7:21am
Be on the lookout. Its April fools.
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 7:58am
eh april fool, only fun when people can take a joke. If you got friends that have grudge against everything, doesn't work well
motoxninja80 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 9:26am
Haven't seen any April Fools jokes yet. I will have to think of one.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 10:13am
Anyone who can't take a joke is just lame.
Byyyyaaaaaahh!!!
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 11:37am
i think everyone has a different sense of humor, i wouldn't hold them up to it personally, but some people can't 
Board Member
Board Member
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 12:21pm

i think everyone has a different sense of humor, i wouldn't hold them up to it personally, but some people can't 

The people who can't are the people who would rather victimize someone else than to have themselves be victimized ever, such sour grapes.  
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2014 at 3:34pm
Falling raindrops making me sleepy.
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2014 at 5:15am
I need a break from traveling... spent 1 night in my own bed the past 12 days.
motoxninja80 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vail

Quote motoxninja80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2014 at 7:29am
^^ The best is falling asleep while the rain hits the window. That knocks me out instantly.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2014 at 8:01am
Weirdest thing during my morning commute. Sun was rising while it was raining. Just felt awkward wearing sunglasses while it was raining.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote lightning80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2014 at 10:35am

Weirdest thing during my morning commute. Sun was rising while it was raining. Just felt awkward wearing sunglasses while it was raining.

I had the opposite happen to me yesterday afternoon. The sun was on it's way down but it was still raining where I was. The sun light was reflecting off the wet road and made it very difficult to see. Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 591592593594595 634>