14 [9.03%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Steve View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 11/4 Photo Finalists
    Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 7:35am
Hear ye, hear ye...

The staff has spoken. Although there were many great photos submitted, we have collectively chosen the following four as the finalists for todays giveaway. The user with the most votes by 3pm PST will win a new snowboard. Vote or Die!

Killclimbz:
DCDomain:

Sandbox390:
Dooley:
Watch How-To Videos, Read Articles, and Stay Updated in the MEDIA Section
joness View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote joness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 7:54am
Sandbox390 looks great, but why is the rider so pixelated where the rest of the shot is sharp?   Photoshop?
Big Air. Kids today, that's all they want, big air. I say stick to the mountain. That's where the fun is. You want big air kid? Pull my finger.
craigalicious View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote craigalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 7:57am
Originally posted by joness

Sandbox390 looks great, but why is the rider so pixelated where the rest of the shot is sharp?   Photoshop?

motion?

herbbread View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote herbbread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 7:57am
Originally posted by joness

I'm guessing it was a snapshot of an interlaced video.
dirtysouth View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 8:02am
I voted for Killerclimbz because I love pow and I'm pretty sure it isn't a fake picture since he has posted it up on the forums before.
streblo123 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote streblo123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 8:03am
im guessin its interlaced.. wasnt it supposed to be a riding photo? why is dcdomain in it then....
myach View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote myach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 8:05am
that's sick DC! Clap
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Quote lineears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 8:05am
i love to stand at the peak of the mountain like that
great picture dc.

Go Canucks!
dlaw View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Online Status: Online
  Quote dlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 8:05am
all great pics but i'll have to vote for dcdomain's.  reminds me of the movie Rocky IV where Rocky is training in Russia and climbs up to the top of the mountains.
Dooley View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Dooley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 8:07am
dang no love for me. Cry

hahah its still interesting that I made it to the finalist though Big smile
Burton Elite 158 (2008) || Burton Missons (2008) || GNU Park Pickle 153 (2010) || Forum TK Destroyer (2009) || Union Force SL (2009)
Joeys_Mom View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Balloon Boy likes to board too!

Quote Joeys_Mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 8:09am
dcdomain - AWESOME picture! He's on the TOP of the world... couldn't get any better than that!
killclimbz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote killclimbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 8:12am
Awesome!  Yeah, that is definitely a real photo of me.  Still one of the most memorable days I have had.  I'd love to win a board, daddy needs a new resort board.  DC's picture is pretty freakin' spectacular too though.  No doubt.  Nice shots all the way around guys!
denver303 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote denver303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 8:14am
vote killclimbz for pres!

no better feeling than slashing some powder.
bah
kimchijajonshim View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Quote kimchijajonshim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 8:16am
I was torn between DC and Killclimbz.  Picked the latter because of the Rocky motif and the fact that it's a bit more unique.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
mattaleao View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?

Quote mattaleao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 8:19am
DC FTW, though I'm sad mine got overlooked.

I'm just here for the titties
shop_75998 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote shop_75998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 8:21am
captain morgan pose, HOLLA!
sandbox390 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sandbox390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 8:32am
vote for me!
CAPiTA sierrascope 2010 156 - Union forces 2010 green - Burton rulers 2008 - Westbeach tall jacket & bond pants.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sandbox390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 8:42am
Ok folks, keeping in the spirit of spicing up the giveaways again, here's your task for tomorrow!

Directions:

- Post up your best shot of yourself riding!  Start digging deep through your old photo albums and computer folders and bring them back from the dead.

- Post your photos (as many as you can find!) by 3PM tomorrow.  At 3 we will close the thread, select our top favorites and create a new thread to vote on them. 

- The poll thread will be posted after determining the staff's favorites and will have voting open until Wednesday at 3PM PST.  The winner of the poll will in turn win a free snowboard!  WHAT?!

- Aaaannnnnd GO!

is DC riding??????
CAPiTA sierrascope 2010 156 - Union forces 2010 green - Burton rulers 2008 - Westbeach tall jacket & bond pants.
Dooley View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Dooley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 8:47am
He is doing a reverse handstand.
Burton Elite 158 (2008) || Burton Missons (2008) || GNU Park Pickle 153 (2010) || Forum TK Destroyer (2009) || Union Force SL (2009)
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Quote kimchijajonshim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 8:50am
Meh.  Clearly no one who voted for DC cares and neither do the people running the contest.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sandbox390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 8:51am
lol im just a sore loser
ForeRL View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ForeRL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 8:58am
dcdomain

its a new trick: no feet, overhead grab

he may not be riding but that's a great pic
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sandbox390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 9:01am

i love the pic. im just obsessed with a new snowboard..

MH8701 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote MH8701 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 9:02am
Originally posted by sandbox390

Ok folks, keeping in the spirit of spicing up the giveaways again, here's your task for tomorrow!

Directions:

- Post up your best shot of yourself riding!  Start digging deep through your old photo albums and computer folders and bring them back from the dead.

- Post your photos (as many as you can find!) by 3PM tomorrow.  At 3 we will close the thread, select our top favorites and create a new thread to vote on them. 

- The poll thread will be posted after determining the staff's favorites and will have voting open until Wednesday at 3PM PST.  The winner of the poll will in turn win a free snowboard!  WHAT?!

- Aaaannnnnd GO!

is DC riding??????

I voted for Killclimbz for that exact reason
Local
Local

Quote killclimbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 9:14am
Originally posted by kimchijajonshim

I was torn between DC and Killclimbz.  Picked the latter because of the Rocky motif and the fact that it's a bit more unique.

Thanks kimchi, see if I take you to some sick back country spots when you are in Colorado!

j/k dude, we should definitely hook up (and ride some bc if you want)when you come out here.
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Quote lineears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 9:23am
Just like to point out,

If staff really cared about the pictures "must be of yourself riding", why would they bother putting the two pictures (that aren't riding) as one of the finalists?

But either way,
I do like your pic Sandbox, i was looking at it and was thinking to myself that city looks damn familiar, then realizing you're from coquitlam, i was like cool, it's Vancouver.
Too bad that picture from a still camera. Or else it be twice as nice.
Go Canucks!
CLEE1013 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote CLEE1013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 9:28am
this has to be recounted for
description said riding photos
yet there are 2 none riding photos to final???
dont get me wrong i love the DC picture, its just that its not a piture
of him self riding..
denver303 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote denver303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 9:30am
Originally posted by killclimbz

Thanks kimchi, see if I take you to some sick back country spots when you are in Colorado!

j/k dude, we should definitely hook up (and ride some bc if you want)when you come out here.

doesn't this mean he voted for you? or perhaps I'm mistaken....
bah
dirtysouth View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 9:32am
killer has to win this
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 9:33am
i dont think this is the best idea cause someone could just make a ton of acounts, cause it only takes like a minute, then vote for themselves...
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Quote kimchijajonshim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 9:33am
Originally posted by denver303

No it means my brains are addled and I can't tell my lefts from my rights, or my formers from my latters.  And also that I can't edit my posts.  Fail.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
denver303 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote denver303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 9:36am
you say rocky, I'll say mountains. LOL
bah
caffeine View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
SNOWboard

Quote caffeine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 9:38am
DCDomain, even though you are not quote on quote riding that is an incredible shot and for that reason I will vote for you.

Local
Local

Quote killclimbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 9:39am

Originally posted by denver303

No it means my brains are addled and I can't tell my lefts from my rights, or my formers from my latters.  And also that I can't edit my posts.  Fail.

Ok, who's the douchebag?  I'm the douchebag!!!

Hahaha, I totally misread that.  Failboat killclimbz has set sail!
E13 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote E13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 9:42am
The dudes on the far left and far right of Dooley's pic look completely confused...

E
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Quote kimchijajonshim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 10:06am

Hatemongering aside, that'd be rad.  I don't know how much time I'll be out in CO this year, but Denver's only an hour and a half flight from Minneapolis, so I'll probably be making trips out in coming years.  I might move out there after school, so it'd be fun to scope out the city and the area.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
dcdomain View Drop Down
Local
Local
Citizen Chan

Quote dcdomain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 10:07am
Thanks for the support guys & Sierra! Linking to the original thread of all the photos: http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30000&PN=1

I guess Sierra doesn't mind the photos of people not riding, as long as they are photos of the members themselves. But to keep things interesting, I'm going to cast my vote for sandbox390. The photo Sierra chose is sick, love the city in the background. I think I'd forget to spot the landing and totally eat it after staring at the city in the distance. I do prefer the other photo he posted though: http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/forum/uploads/106413/aa.jpg now that is some dumpage!

But the one that catches my eye is the one Caffeine posted of his friend, is that also a video still? http://i33.tinypic.com/2mriflx.png
Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 10:08am
Originally posted by CLEE1013

this has to be recounted for
description said riding photos
yet there are 2 none riding photos to final???
dont get me wrong i love the DC picture, its just that its not a piture
of him self riding..

What?

Doing some Hendrix on the keyboard?
Frustration
http://thench.com/garage/
Local
Local

Quote killclimbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 10:08am
Oh man, you didn't get in on the half off flights from Southwest?  They are definitely the way to fly for boarders.  No baggage fees and such.  Let me know when you come out, we can get after it when ever.  If not this year, I'm sure there will be snow next year too.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 10:11am

Oh man, you didn't get in on the half off flights from Southwest?  They are definitely the way to fly for boarders.  No baggage fees and such.  Let me know when you come out, we can get after it when ever.  If not this year, I'm sure there will be snow next year too.

What part of Colorado are you in?  I'll be rocking Keystone for Christmas this year.  Kinda pumped/nervous for some cat-boarding. 
bmxsnow View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote bmxsnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 10:13am
i think 390 has a dope pic. so sick
caffeine View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
SNOWboard

Quote caffeine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 10:14am
Originally posted by dcdomain

But the one that catches my eye is the one Caffeine posted of his friend, is that also a video still? http://i33.tinypic.com/2mriflx.png

Nope man, it is a photo! Maybe since I edited it a bit it looks like a video still.

Anyways good luck nice job. Hopefully I'll have a chance at winning a future interactive contest ; P
Local
Local

Quote killclimbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Krazylegz1485

What part of Colorado are you in?  I'll be rocking Keystone for Christmas this year.  Kinda pumped/nervous for some cat-boarding. 

I live in the Denver area.  Are you doing the Keystone mountain cat or going with another outfitter in the area?  The Vail Pass guys have some pretty killer terrain that they access. 

I wouldn't be nervous at all about the cat thing.  All you get is killer conditions, those guys play ultra conservative, so avalanches shouldn't really be an issue at all.  A slightly higher chance of having one happen then you would at the resort.  Just listen to your guides.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 10:26am

I live in the Denver area.  Are you doing the Keystone mountain cat or going with another outfitter in the area?  The Vail Pass guys have some pretty killer terrain that they access. 

I wouldn't be nervous at all about the cat thing.  All you get is killer conditions, those guys play ultra conservative, so avalanches shouldn't really be an issue at all.  A slightly higher chance of having one happen then you would at the resort.  Just listen to your guides.

I can only assume it's the Keystone cats.  Wouldn't really know about anything else.  I'm a total first timer for riding out west/out of state and I'm just nervous I'm gonna get in over my head.  At the same time I'm kinda guessing if they're just taking anybody up there for $5 it can't really be anything too super crazy.  We're only gonna be there for 5-6 days or something like that and I just wanna make sure I make the most of it while I can.  I'm hoping to be boarding all day long, or at least as long as I can physically handle.

If you've got any suggestions I'd much appreciate it.  I'll take as much knowledge as I can.  Please send me a PM or something, tho, so we don't end up taking over the voting thread.  Thanks!
dcdomain View Drop Down
Local
Local
Citizen Chan

Quote dcdomain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 10:28am
Not 50%, but sign up here to get a 15% code off Southwest flights in the near future: http://luv.southwest.com/servlet/formlink/f?kOHpjQSRDW
Local
Local

Quote killclimbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 10:38am

I can only assume it's the Keystone cats.  Wouldn't really know about anything else.  I'm a total first timer for riding out west/out of state and I'm just nervous I'm gonna get in over my head.  At the same time I'm kinda guessing if they're just taking anybody up there for $5 it can't really be anything too super crazy.  We're only gonna be there for 5-6 days or something like that and I just wanna make sure I make the most of it while I can.  I'm hoping to be boarding all day long, or at least as long as I can physically handle.

If you've got any suggestions I'd much appreciate it.  I'll take as much knowledge as I can.  Please send me a PM or something, tho, so we don't end up taking over the voting thread.  Thanks!

If you are doing the Keystone cat, you are basically accessing inbounds terrain.  So don't fret over it.  I haven't done that cat at Keystone so I don't know the particulars.  I suspect they take you to a point and let you hoof it to where ever you want from there.  So it'll be up to you to choose the lines.  Keystone does not have a lot in the way of steeps, so you should be fine.  I'd look for the spots on the ride up that look like they are getting the least amount of attention, and head for them.  I believe you can also hike to the same terrain the cat takes you to.  Red Mountain Inn in Silverthorne is a great place to grab a drink and some food at the end of the day.
Dooley View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Dooley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 11:46am
atleast i dont have 0 votes anmore.. hahahaha LOL
Steezystooze View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
jib!

Quote Steezystooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 12:28pm
aww i didnt get any love either i thought i had good pics haha.

I voted for killclimbz
skarface View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote skarface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 12:29pm
I hit the keystone cats all the time, it's just nice open area in the north bowl and south bowl can build up a nice cornice. Independence bowl gets a little sun-baked tho
jmizzle View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote jmizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2009 at 12:41pm
word
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>