Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
craigalicious View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bidhere
    Posted: Nov/19/2009 at 6:34am
Has anyone come across/used this site before?  www.bidhere.com

I just found it randomly and i'm wondering if it's legit.  Seems like one of those too good to be true sites, but you never know.

Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2009 at 6:37am
i just did some reading on their How it Works section of the site, which is fairly hidden by the way, and it looks like you have to pay for bids.  You can buy them in packages of 12, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500 and 1000 bids. 

tendafoot94 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
dirty

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2009 at 11:04am
is this too good to be true. 20 dollar tvs?

if two rappers are vegetarian can they still have beef?
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2009 at 11:29am
I read a news article about it (sorry can't remember where)

It's legit, but not as great as it sounds.

Like cragalicious said, you have to paid for each bid.  Plus they start everything at 0 and the increments are tiny. 

something like this.

1st bid = .25 (you paid .60 to bid)

2nd bid by a different person is .50 (they paid .60 to bid.

3rd bid - you rebid to .75 (but you pay another .60 to bid.  So now you've spent 1.20 to bid.)

So when stuff starts getting into the hundreds of dollars it costs a couple hundred to bid.  I think the example they used was a woman won a $1,000 macbook for like $400 but spent like $250 in bids.  So the total was like $650, still a good deal, but not like getting it for $400. 
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2009 at 12:02pm
so basically it's an online version of an auction where the amount you pay per bid is your auction fee. 

360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2009 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by craigalicious

so basically it's an online version of an auction where the amount you pay per bid is your auction fee. 

Right.  Where normal acutions (not ebay) usually add the buyer premium to the final price, this charges you everytime you bid. 

Their advantage is they collect the bid fees from the people that don't win.
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2009 at 1:15pm
link doesnt work
Camber Is The New Rocker.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2009 at 1:28pm
my bad.  works now.

zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2009 at 1:29pm
cool.

i wouldnt trust it
Camber Is The New Rocker.
rednekhuntr View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
I looooove the deep stuff!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2009 at 1:28pm
yes it's legit but if you are serious about any chance of winning you need thousands of bids to start with. like 360 faceplant said, you can get good deals, just not as good as what they advertise, but good enough that if you want to put the initial purchase of the bids foward it could pay off.
raymoyers View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2009 at 11:41am
I thought I'd give bidhere a try.  Here's what happened:

I thought I'd start small and just bid on a video game.  Batman:Arkham Asylum was up next for the xbox 360 so I decided on that one.  I waited until the last frew seconds of the auction and started bidding.  I bid once and was out bid.  I bid again and was out bid.  I bid a third time and I won the auction.  The final sale price was $0.12.  Add that to the $1.80 I spent in bids for the item and I just got a brand new game for $1.92.

I'm loving bidhere.com.  I'm gonna try for a larger item next.  I keep everyone posted on how it goes.
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2009 at 6:42am
I see you're tying to buy a PS3 raymoyers :)

how many bids did you buy?
Go Canucks!
airik View Drop Down
Local
Local
here today, gone to tahoe

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2009 at 6:59am
it's a total scam if it's what i think it is...you buy credits and then bid on things that seem way too cheap.   well, guess what, you never win and those credits sit there in their bank account.  The only safe place to get 70% off stuff is in our sale section ;)
raymoyers View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2009 at 7:10am
Originally posted by lineears

I got 100 yesterday.  I've tried for a few things.  I'm learning how this whole thin works though.

I'ts not a scam.  If you take a close look at how it works, it's a genius system on the company's part.

For example, a macbook pro went for $137.00 last night.  That comes to a total of 6850 bids.  Each of those bids was purchased for $0.60.  The company made $4110 on bids alone.  Then, whoever won it still has to pay the $137.00 for the item that he/she won.  When it's all said and done, the final amount paid is $4247.  If the company paid full price for the laptop, around $2000, they make a net profit of over $2000 on one item.  It's an amazing system.
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2009 at 7:16am
Hahahaa Airik :)

It's true, it's too cheap to be true. You acn very well spend over $100 trying to bid for one item, but than again... lets just say you sped $200 on bidding, buying an item for $140-160 (the highest amount i've seen yet) for something that cost over $1000. Still a pretty good deal....+ that's how the site makes money.

In my oppinion, it's all about luck. Have wait for it, until all the people who wante a quick buy failed, as in already spending over 100 bids (that's $60) and ran out, and wait some more, and come and battle for the item near the end.

Advertising a iphone 3gs is at $15 right now and is super unrealistic for those people who think no one's gonna bid on it. People that are biddin on it is kinda funny. I plan to come in aroud the $50 mark to try my luck since the last iphone went for $47ish..i shall wait.
Go Canucks!
Nighthawk View Drop Down
Local
Local
Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats Hoooo!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2009 at 7:18am
Yah it's an amazing system..... for them!!!

Why would you waste your money on this, in the long run the number of overall losses you incur as a result of losing bid wars is going to cost you more than you'll save when you do actually win.
Cawww
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2009 at 7:19am
Originally posted by raymoyers

Originally posted by lineears

I got 100 yesterday.  I've tried for a few things.  I'm learning how this whole thin works though.

I'ts not a scam.  If you take a close look at how it works, it's a genius system on the company's part.

For example, a macbook pro went for $137.00 last night.  That comes to a total of 6850 bids.  Each of those bids was purchased for $0.60.  The company made $4110 on bids alone.  Then, whoever won it still has to pay the $137.00 for the item that he/she won.  When it's all said and done, the final amount paid is $4247.  If the company paid full price for the laptop, around $2000, they make a net profit of over $2000 on one item.  It's an amazing system.

Agreed. It a genius system. A lot of people don't realize how much money they actually spent on bidding. It's crazy. The only way the lose money is for the items that doesn't attract the majority people on the site. For example, the game tht you won, for 0.12 cents. definetly lose money, but thats what they want, and it is probably in their calculated cost that some items were put on the site to lose money just to show people you can get items for really really dirt cheap. It's like advertising.
Go Canucks!
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2009 at 7:21am
Originally posted by Nighthawk

Yah it's an amazing system..... for them!!!

Why would you waste your money on this, in the long run the number of overall losses you incur as a result of losing bid wars is going to cost you more than you'll save when you do actually win.

That is very true, if you keep bidding randomly and never win, you'll end up losing money. FAST too. I am slowly considering this site is like gambing in dollar slots.
Go Canucks!
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2009 at 7:31am
Btw Ray.

Since you can check to see who' using bid monkey and who's not.

It's not financially smart to battle someone else who has bid monkey on the item already.
It's a risk ofcourse, but most likely you can wait it out until regular bidders use up all their bids first, then start your own bid monkey

Go Canucks!
raymoyers View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2009 at 7:42am
I get what you're saying but a lot depends on the time of day, etc.  My brother bid on an xbox 360 modern warfare 2 bundle last night.  He was thinking the exact way you are, lineears.  He saw that in the past, they had gone for $17 to $40.  he was going to wait until the $20 mark and start bidding.  The item sold for $3.62.  The same happened to me this morning as I wanted to bid on a macbook pro 15.6" and was waiting until it got to the $50 mark.  It sold for $17.50.

If you play it right, you can get some great deals.  It's all about bidding on the items no one else is fighting for.  Just like the game yesterday.
lizzard02 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2009 at 7:46am
Originally posted by raymoyers

I get what you're saying but a lot depends on the time of day, etc.  My brother bid on an xbox 360 modern warfare 2 bundle last night.  He was thinking the exact way you are, lineears.  He saw that in the past, they had gone for $17 to $40.  he was going to wait until the $20 mark and start bidding.  The item sold for $3.62.  The same happened to me this morning as I wanted to bid on a macbook pro 15.6" and was waiting until it got to the $50 mark.  It sold for $17.50.

If you play it right, you can get some great deals.  It's all about bidding on the items no one else is fighting for.  Just like the game yesterday.

do you check and see exactly what item people are fighting for? and how do you check that?

i've not experienced an online auction before.
OBAMA - ONE BIG ASS MISTAKE AMERICA
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2009 at 7:49am
That is true...
I wanted to bid on a phone. got sold at 6.12
but i'm saying that if you see more than one person using bid monkey for an item.
it's best to wait it out alittle longer.

Go Canucks!
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2009 at 7:50am
it be great if the site just lagge for a minute.
i would win my iphone haha.

Go Canucks!
raymoyers View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2009 at 7:52am
You're exactly right on the bidmonkey thing.  I've been watching the nikon camera and the iMac and all it is is 4 or 5 people using bid monkey to battle it out.  It would be a waste to bid on those until the bidmonkey people stop bidding.  It's best to watch and see when the bidmonkey bids stop and then start bidding using single bids.

You can track how many people are fighting for the item just by watching the bid history.  I haven't found any other good indicator.
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2009 at 7:55am
@lizzard. click on the item. and you can see the most recent bidders.
Go Canucks!
airik View Drop Down
Local
Local
here today, gone to tahoe

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2009 at 7:56am
just use our handy friend google to get the dirt on these type of sites...
raymoyers View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2009 at 8:04am
Also, it's good to bid on something that no one else is bidding on like a game that you know will go for cheap.  Then, when you get it send in a 20 second video of you with the item and they'll give you 250 free bids.  That's what I'm planning on doing.

And, as far as checking our friend google to dig up the dirt on these sites, I googled the hell out of bidhere.com and found positive and negative comments about it, just like with anything else.

All of the negatives came from people that didn't take time to figure out how it worked and spent way to much bidding on a popular item and then lost the item because they used all of their bids. 

I can only speak from personal experience as someone who has used the site and gotten a great deal.  My personal experience will outway all of the negative experiences of everyone else.  But that's only good for me so take it for what it's worth.
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2009 at 8:51am
There's always pros and cons towards. It's how you weigh them separates a good site and bad site

Sierra for example:
Pro = Great deals, great service, great community.
Con = A lot of my money magically disappears.....=D

Pros > Cons. I comeback...

As for bidhere. I said before, it's a gamble. 100 bids cost $60.. People can misuse these bids early in the beginning of the auction and NOT get lucky enough to win the item for cheap and thy wasted $60..

The nikon camera i've been eyeing since last night too. it's up to $40.42. There's three people who's auto bidding. They are extremly committed into buyng this item, and probably spent over $100 easily on just bidding...I'll probably wait foranother 6 hours (till iget off work) and wont be surprised it's still bidding lol....
a small calculation for all. it takes 50 bids to reach a dollar. So at the moment 50*40 = 2000 bids. 2000 * $0.60cents = $1200....
Go Canucks!
raymoyers View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2009 at 9:42am
Sounds like you and I are on the same page lineears.
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2009 at 6:29am
So.
Just a tad update:

Spent $60 on buying 100 bids. (110 since i got 10 bonus ones)
And i finally won something. 8g ipod nano 5th generation (with camera) for the price of $5.48. Failed in biding for 2 phones, so pretty much i spent aroudn $70CDN buying the newest nano which is currently worth $170 at apple store. Needless to say, i'm going to sell this or my old nano and buy some more :)

BTW Ray, how long did it take for you to actually buy the item, it says "pending authorization" since last night. it's been like 8 hours.

Go Canucks!
dlaw View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2009 at 6:55am
i signed up the other day and got 5 free bids, i was thinking about doing the same thing as you said ray (win something cheap send in a video for free 250 bids).  I was watching an auction for a Sanyo TV last night.  I was thinking the bidding was going to go high so i waited but to my surprise as i was watching it, someone won it for only $9.50, kind of annoyed by that.  I'm watching some auctions today, hoping that there won't be as many people on because of the holiday.
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2009 at 7:12am

I was waching that too..and COD2... the COD got sold right infront of my eyes for 0.98 cents

i was so mad, but i thought it was going to go higher but it didn't!!Angry

Dlaw : True today is american thanksgiving, but this site is based out in Australia i think....
Go Canucks!
lineears View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
booyA!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2009 at 9:21am
Who ever crate this site is honestly a genius...

Not only does he give you an option to buy the product after yu win the option. But instead you can exchange it for more bids instead at the retail value they set it at.

I was going to sell my nano out for around $120...but now, i got full priced value worth of bids instead. So the company just made money without really giving up anything and can put back the nano on auction.

And now i can buy phones again ;)

Go Canucks!
 Post Reply Post Reply