Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
youngun92 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: EESA online sale
    Posted: May/30/2010 at 2:04pm
got my stuff. cant complain with the prices. i highly recommend them. 
TROLL View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2010 at 1:17pm
WILL HAVE A LOOK TODAY...THANKS
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2010 at 10:42am
theres like nothing left >:O
kopower View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2010 at 5:23am
Just got my socks in the mail. Took a little while to get but got a free beanie with the order. Still looks like there are socks and shirts left for anyone that still wants to get some at a big discount.
K8sgotgame View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2010 at 1:12am
Originally posted by kimchijajonshim

Originally posted by K8sgotgame

I wear them a lot and haven't had a problems with quality.
What size did you get and what size are you feet?  I think the larges were marketed 9-12 mens, but even at a 10.5-11-ish I think I might be putting too much strain on the seams.

Smalls for me... I wear a men's 8-8.5
vanpet View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2010 at 11:35pm
Good site.
Thank you very much.
Brandysl View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2010 at 9:07pm
EESA socks is very good, I have 4 pairs.
kopower View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2010 at 7:17pm
Just picked up 4 pairs of socks. Hopefully they ship with no problems.
kimchijajonshim View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2010 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by K8sgotgame

What size did you get and what size are you feet?  I think the larges were marketed 9-12 mens, but even at a 10.5-11-ish I think I might be putting too much strain on the seams.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
youngun92 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2010 at 4:21pm
wow very nice find! ordering some stuff now :)
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2010 at 6:17pm
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2010 at 1:12pm
stuff still selling?
JumboBum View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2010 at 10:48am
Originally posted by kimchijajonshim

Has anyone else had issues with their Eesa socks?  I picked up 4 pairs mid-winter when they had their sale.  I used them riding, but also for everyday wear since it was cold out.  I already busted an ankle seam on one pair.  Another looks like it's close to popping directly over the big toe.  They just don't seem to be built that well.  I tend to go through socks pretty quickly (maybe a season, season and a half), but this is a bit ridiculous.

I busted out the toes in 3 out of the 6 socks i ordered... The first tear happened only after 4 days of usage... For the others, I assumed it was wear and tear because I was using them almost everyday since I got them. I'm a little disappointed, but just kinda accepted it...
kimchijajonshim View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2010 at 10:19am
Has anyone else had issues with their Eesa socks?  I picked up 4 pairs mid-winter when they had their sale.  I used them riding, but also for everyday wear since it was cold out.  I already busted an ankle seam on one pair.  Another looks like it's close to popping directly over the big toe.  They just don't seem to be built that well.  I tend to go through socks pretty quickly (maybe a season, season and a half), but this is a bit ridiculous.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2010 at 7:37am
I have a dozen mystery socks on the way as well!
MiguelMas View Drop Down
Local
Local
Old man Migs

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2010 at 7:29am
Guinness is beer. I wanna put beer socks
on to match my beer goggles. The world
is a beautiful place seen through my beer goggles.
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2010 at 5:05am
Quit yer whining Miguel.
MiguelMas View Drop Down
Local
Local
Old man Migs

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2010 at 5:28pm
Those Guinness socks are awesome.
Sell em?
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2010 at 11:13am
35 Mystery Socks arrived today.

CLEE1013 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2010 at 5:46pm
TRAF DLO NA ERA UOY
MiguelMas View Drop Down
Local
Local
Old man Migs

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2010 at 5:30pm
Oh great. Here comes the whining........
Civicforever View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
mx5

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2010 at 1:20pm
So...I thought I ordered a lot of socks at like 25 or so for me and my friends, but damn, 35?
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2010 at 10:57am
I have 35 mystery socks coming my way. $.99 each! Ordered last week and I got my tracking info today!
philjerbozee View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2010 at 4:39am
So, apparently they website is back up and glitch fixed. I was bummed last time I ordered and didn't get half of what I received but did get a refund - in the end it was practically free and thinking it through after reading all the messages I have two thoughts, one - we are in a 'at-once' society, meaning if we don't get it at once we get pissed off. Two, while I don't agree with the length of time it took to ship and get a refund, I will say that in the end they did the right thing.

Anyway, I did put in order in last week, I got everything I ordered, plus a copy of my receipt and a thank-you note. Looks like they realized how bad they messed up and have made some adjustments. Sad to see them go.
esy.iam View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2010 at 10:29am
so i got like 9 items out of the 18 that i ordered. 

it's absolutely ridiculous that i was charged so little money, yet i still got some awesome gear. even though cleary said he would refund me the money that was charged that i did not receive, it's crazy that it's taking him so long because i'm out money that i had knowingly spent, yet i'm still getting a lot back. i think i'm going to cry some more. 

if you can't sense the sarcasm, it's there. i'll say it again. people need to stop bitching. if cleary is really refunding more than what you actually paid, you all pretty much got a handful of gear (or whatever you did get) for FREE. some ungrateful people around these parts. LOL
peace.
esy.iam View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2010 at 9:52pm
Cry
peace.
dreamsINdigital View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2010 at 11:26am
Well I emailed Cleary as to why I haven't received a package or tracking info for my order on the 15th, even though Cleary claims to have shipped out all orders, and people who ordered on or after the 15th have already gotten theirs. There appears to have been some kind of mix up with my order. He said FedEx has no record of my shipment, so he issued me a full refund. He said if I do end up getting the package, then just keep it at no charge for all the hassle. Kind of disappointed, but whatever.
RionJosef View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2010 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Phatman

I also used to be very idealistic, but then I realised how pissed off I was all the time.

I simply don't agree with that type of attitude.  Nor am I pissed off with Eesa or Cleary.  Simply stating the facts.
[IMG]http://makudesigns.com/RionJosef/rj_snow_400.jpg[/IMG]
MiguelMas View Drop Down
Local
Local
Old man Migs

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2010 at 11:23am
I got all the stuff I ordered.
Great company even out of bidness.

Suck on it bishes!
Phatman View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2010 at 11:12am
Originally posted by RionJosef

It's about business practices... which should be the same for any company, in business or not.

This is exactly what I'm saying. Live in the real world. A company that is out of business is not going to treat you the same as a company that is in business. Should they? Again, Debatable. I spent 20 bucks on an 80 dollar track jacket including shipping. When you see an 80 dollar item thats discounted to 10, most reasonable people are going to temper their expectations. You want to bitch about fine, cool! I also used to be very idealistic, but then I realised how pissed off I was all the time.

Now then by all means resume Eesa bashing.WinkLOL
A thermos keeps hot stuff hot, and cold stuff cold.....BUT HOW DOES IT KNOW???
RionJosef View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2010 at 10:39am

You guys realize this was a get rid of all the stock because the company is no more sale right?

You'll get your refund, don't worry.

That's actually exactly why I am worried.

I have been to mall stores or the like before when they were closing down.  Typically there are signs and notices that read, "All sales are final."  If a company is closing, there is no way to get a refund or return an item.  The difference with a brick and mortar store closing down is that you get to see the product and take it with you at the point of purchase.

Eesa clearly had a poor inventory management system if they were selling so many items that were not actually available.  Most people are talking about receiving only 20-40% of their order.  It would be a lot different if people were only shorted one item here or there.

As far as getting a refund, I'm not ultimately worried about $40 in the long run.  If I don't get it back, eh... whatever.  However, a company should never send a partial order without first settling the charge on the card to the correctly adjusted amount.  This holds true for a company going out of business as well as one staying in business.

Maybe I just have higher standards as I work for an online retailer...
His system got MOBBED. Rightfully so with the prices he was getting rid of that stuff at, but it was never meant to handle that kind of traffic. Eesa is all gone except for the clothes and trend it left behind. The reason everything is taking time is because its literally JUST him trying to take care of it all. Give him some time and he'll take care of you.

I would also suggest that you keep expectations incheck when dealing with a company that you know is going out of business for whatever the reason. You get what you pay for, and at those prices customer service is not included. Whether it should be or not is debatable , but everyone come live in the real world with me for a second and realize when your gettting a deal like that the service is probably going to be subpar at best.

You're dealing with an extremely standup guy in Cleary, and Eesa did not go Bankrupt, but the next going out of business sale you might not be so lucky.

I didn't mention anything about him going bankrupt; I already know he left to go to Under Armour.  He did what was best for him, and that is awesome.  Good for him.

But I still don't see how my expectations are not in check.  I gave someone money, I expected something in return.  Sold out?  Fine, then give me a refund.  Gonna take time to give me a refund?  Fine, just let me know.  Hell, post it on your site so that people are aware.  Not prepared for the volume of orders and refunds needing to be processed?  Send a mass email to everybody who placed an order during the sale letting them know what the deal is (which he did do previously about fulfilling orders).  Transparency is the name of the game... otherwise you end up with threads all over the internet about people having issues.

This isn't about Cleary as a dude, or Eesa as a company.  It's about business practices... which should be the same for any company, in business or not.
Phatman View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2010 at 10:24am

You guys realize this was a get rid of all the stock because the company is no more sale right?

I have been to mall stores or the like before when they were closing down.  Typically there are signs and notices that read, "All sales are final."  If a company is closing, there is no way to get a refund or return an item.  The difference with a brick and mortar store closing down is that you get to see the product and take it with you at the point of purchase.

Eesa clearly had a poor inventory management system if they were selling so many items that were not actually available.  Most people are talking about receiving only 20-40% of their order.  It would be a lot different if people were only shorted one item here or there.

As far as getting a refund, I'm not ultimately worried about $40 in the long run.  If I don't get it back, eh... whatever.  However, a company should never send a partial order without first settling the charge on the card to the correctly adjusted amount.  This holds true for a company going out of business as well as one staying in business.

His system got MOBBED. Rightfully so with the prices he was getting rid of that stuff at, but it was never meant to handle that kind of traffic. Eesa is all gone except for the clothes and trend it left behind. The reason everything is taking time is because its literally JUST him trying to take care of it all. Give him some time and he'll take care of you.

I would also suggest that you keep expectations incheck when dealing with a company that you know is going out of business for whatever the reason. You get what you pay for, and at those prices customer service is not included. Whether it should be or not is debatable , but everyone come live in the real world with me for a second and realize when your gettting a deal like that the service is probably going to be subpar at best.

You're dealing with an extremely standup guy in Cleary, and Eesa did not go Bankrupt, but the next going out of business sale you might not be so lucky.
yodisbsteve View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2010 at 10:14am
So i emailed the guy  and he gave me a tracking number. and for the past week its been on "recieved shipping information".  and it said the package shouldve shipped on the 15th!!!
fedex site has no other information on it.  I dont think he ever took my package in to ship.  Its been a month since i ordered(12/07/09). 

I know the dudes gotta be busy but seriously? come on.
RionJosef View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2010 at 10:04am

SolarPowered View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2010 at 10:03am
To people that are worried about refunds, do you even read the thread you are posting in before posting?

Originally posted by SolarPowered

They ran out of 1 of the shirts I ordered for 4.99, and there was a credit to my card for 14.97.  Refunded an extra 10 bucks... Cleary is the man.

I don't understand why people are so concerned, like they are just going to steal from you and not deliver a product?  If you can't afford to be out 50 bucks for a couple weeks, then perhaps you shouldn't be buying frivolous layering items in an online sale?

2009 Burton Hero 155 -- 2009 Union Force
Phatman View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2010 at 2:59am

dlaw View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2010 at 2:53am
I'm sure you'll get a refund back.  Like I posted earlier, I received 2 out of 4 items on Dec. 23rd and had placed my order on the 5th.  I eventually was refunded back the cost of the items I didn't receive on the 28th.  Just be patient, I'm sure Cleary will work everything out.
scottlui View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2010 at 7:27pm
Supposedly, they're going to "start" processing refunds next week. 

So you ordered 12 items and received 2? What were the 10 items that were out of stock?
RionJosef View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2010 at 12:13pm
I placed an order on the 16th, and just got my package today.  I order 12 items for $47.88 + 19.68 in shipping (total: $67.56).

The package came with two items which together total $14.98.

I checked my card statement online and see that they charged me the full amount and there is no credit whatsoever for the unshipped items.  I put in a call to 802-244-7077, no answer, left a message.  I also sent an email.  We'll see what happens...

I'd like to think that I'm not out $32.90, which doesn't even include the silly shipping charge.  (...which btw, is insane considering it costs $7.95 to ship a GROUND package from MD to CA that weighs 1lb... and that's assuming this was not shipped against a FedEx account which would give a bit of a discount)

Pretty lame; a little bummed.  I'll update later if anything changes.
dreamsINdigital View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2010 at 1:57pm
For those of you whose orders have shipped, can you log into the eesa site and check your order history and tell me if the status says "shipped" please? I ordered on the 15th and my status still says "pending" and I have yet to receive any emails from eesa besides the initial order conformation and an email I sent Cleary.

Those of you who also ordered on the 15th or after seem to have received your packages or have at least gotten tracking numbers for them, while I haven't gotten anything. Cleary even replied to my email and said he shipped out all orders but didn't see mine. Not sure what's going on...
hoon View Drop Down
Guest Gear Expert

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2010 at 11:06am
Cry
2010? More Like 1910
kMc View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2010 at 10:46am
Originally posted by scottlui

Damn kMc, I'd be pissed too. 18 bucks shipping for 3 items IS ridiculous regardless of how good a deal it was or still is. Especially considering your proximity.. If i were you, I'd try to get some of your shipping charges refunded... I'm holding my breath to see what fedex brings me later this week... I ordered 18 items on the 17th(mostly socks) totaling at $110.40 of which $26.58 was shipping. The fedex tracking info says the package weighs one pound. Now I don't know how much a pair of socks weighs but, I can't imagine what kind of "extra schwag" could possibly be in that box if the entire package only weighs a pound. I think the most difficult part to deal with is the lack of communication/response to emails. The first response took over a week.. I've yet to get a response from my last 2 questions... I understand that the guy is probably super busy but, the bottom line is money was spent and with that comes the expectation that we either get what we paid for, or he'll make due with refunds or whatnot. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect anything less. I'm sure everything will work itself out in the end but I can't say I'm not a little worried. 

thanks for the backup scott! yea i don't think im being unreasonable. mine was also1.0 lb, and I ordered on the 16th. I feel like I wouldn't be as upset if I were getting any replies to my email that I sent asking about a refund/the things that I ordered. Maybe it's just me, but I am poor and $50.00 is a lot of money, and to not have it back in my account or get the things I paid for is kind of a big deal. It's not like I am purposely trying to be a jerk or anything.
Instructor
Instructor
mx5

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2010 at 10:30am
Just got a text from my brother.

I ordered 21 things.
I got 6 and a beanie.

ehhhhhhhhh.
Marumm View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
caw

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2010 at 10:11am
Got my second order.  Everything was in it (all socks), plus another free beenie.  I really wish I would have ordered more bamboo shirts from them now; they're ridiculously comfortable, and were only 5 bucks.
Instructor
Instructor
mx5

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2010 at 6:08am
well, my box is in today...not sure if i should be worried or not, haha
SolarPowered View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2010 at 9:46pm
They ran out of 1 of the shirts I ordered for 4.99, and there was a credit to my card for 14.97.  Refunded an extra 10 bucks... Cleary is the man.
2009 Burton Hero 155 -- 2009 Union Force
scottlui View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2010 at 6:47pm
Damn kMc, I'd be pissed too. 18 bucks shipping for 3 items IS ridiculous regardless of how good a deal it was or still is. Especially considering your proximity.. If i were you, I'd try to get some of your shipping charges refunded... I'm holding my breath to see what fedex brings me later this week... I ordered 18 items on the 17th(mostly socks) totaling at $110.40 of which $26.58 was shipping. The fedex tracking info says the package weighs one pound. Now I don't know how much a pair of socks weighs but, I can't imagine what kind of "extra schwag" could possibly be in that box if the entire package only weighs a pound. I think the most difficult part to deal with is the lack of communication/response to emails. The first response took over a week.. I've yet to get a response from my last 2 questions... I understand that the guy is probably super busy but, the bottom line is money was spent and with that comes the expectation that we either get what we paid for, or he'll make due with refunds or whatnot. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect anything less. I'm sure everything will work itself out in the end but I can't say I'm not a little worried. 
Phatman View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2010 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by kMc

Well I got 3 things out of the 9 things I ordered, paid about $18.00 in shipping. And I live in MD where it was shipped from. I think that is a bit ridiculous. Actually, I just checked the address and it shipped from about 5 minutes from my house.
you got 3 out of the 9 things you ordered, and probably saved way more than 18 bucks on those things + like Hoon said Cleary is a rad dood so he's probably gonna refund a portion of the shipping.

I think its ridiculous that your complaining, net net, you made off with a massive win even if you didn't get everything you wanted.
kMc View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2010 at 12:59pm
Well I got 3 things out of the 9 things I ordered, paid about $18.00 in shipping. And I live in MD where it was shipped from. I think that is a bit ridiculous. Actually, I just checked the address and it shipped from about 5 minutes from my house.
BunnySloper View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Love my new Bern helmet!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2010 at 11:48am
Got my order today. Missing a baselayer bottom and a baselayer top. So I guess I'll be waiting for the refund. Got a free beanie as well.
In Pacific NW for part of the 2012/2013 Season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>