Extra 10-20% off select Purchases
More Info - Join Now
1 Staff | 32 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 393,247 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > I'm riding tomorrow, how bout you?

Quick Login: Forgot password?

NEW: Meet Up To Ride Events Section

Share/Save/Bookmark

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
airik View Drop Down
Local
Local
here today, gone to tahoe

Online Status: Offline
  Quote airik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW: Meet Up To Ride Events Section
    Posted: Dec/10/2009 at 2:27pm
At some point this section will go by the wayside and we will solely rely on the Meet Up to Ride section of the site.

Start checking it out and familiarizing yourself with it and the more that you use it, the easier it will be to organize the meet ups!

--------------------------------------------------------

Check it, similar to facebook and yelp events.  This is our first crack at setting up a meet up to ride events aimed at encouraging/help all of us meet up to ride, hence the name...let us know what you think!  props to nighthawk and donald on this one...LOTS of snow on the way, get out there...cheers
upcoming features:
-comments
-events will have own page
http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/profile_events.asp
mattaleao View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?

Quote mattaleao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2009 at 2:33pm
Don't PM the creator when people sign up Wink
I'm just here for the titties
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2009 at 2:41pm
yeah it caused me to PM myself when I said I was attending the event Matt created.
www.chargeharder.com
NickinChicago View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Quote NickinChicago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2009 at 3:18pm
Really like this feature and am glad you guys put it in. Already using it for this weekend.
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2009 at 4:41pm
BRILLIANT!!!
I break balls.
myke View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote myke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2009 at 9:48pm
Some sort of discussion for the event would be nice - or perhaps some sort of group private message feature that we could tie in to this. If you get multiple people sign up for an event - and you need to work out details, need some sort of mechanism to make that happen.

Didn't we talk about this? Wink
I'm here for the gangbang....
moldygiraffe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote moldygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2009 at 6:52am
Nice set up... I like how you can glance at the calendar and see what "events" are coming up. 
airik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote airik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2009 at 6:57am
moldy if it's too stormy at squaw tomorrow, we'll cruise over to northstar.  will keep you posted...
bite me View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bite me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2009 at 7:16am
Someone mentioned this in the other Chat Sucks thread, but making a filter by region would be cool.  I mean, I'm not sure when I'll get around to riding Squaw or N* again, but PNW stuff I'd be down to hit up with others.  It would just make it a bit more user-friendly to filter it out a bit.  Thumbs Up
moldygiraffe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote moldygiraffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2009 at 7:52am
Originally posted by airik

moldy if it's too stormy at squaw tomorrow, we'll cruise over to northstar.  will keep you posted...

Sounds good... my supervisors think it's going to be extremely busy tomorrow (at nstar), which is why they're suiting me up in their jacket/pants and having me scan for tickets MID-mountain around noon. 

myach View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote myach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2009 at 8:17am
I just noticed that the calendar is not in order... according to the days if that makes sense?

like I looked at the 18th, and I thought it was a wednesday when I knew it was a friday

otherwise it looks great! I'm sure it'll get even better!
myke View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote myke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2009 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by little ole me

Someone mentioned this in the other Chat Sucks thread, but making a filter by region would be cool.  I mean, I'm not sure when I'll get around to riding Squaw or N* again, but PNW stuff I'd be down to hit up with others.  It would just make it a bit more user-friendly to filter it out a bit.  Thumbs Up

When this first came up - the idea was floated to break things down to Region - and be able to auto-populate people to a region based on Zip.
So PNW people would see PNW events highlighted, etc etc.

I always pictured the meet up to ride being more like groups in a sense. The old school groups that we used to have were broken down by mountain, which was too specific. I ride at kirkwood - but if i know some kats are gonna be at squaw - i might want to head up and check it out. That's what made the old groups a little too restrictive. Doing it this way - you could have each region be a group - and even revive the old mountain groups as a layer under the regions. So within the "Tahoe group" you might have all the tahoe resorts, and I could post stuff specific to kirkwood in the kirkwood area, but still be able to see the other tahoe stuff easily....

or something.

herbbread View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote herbbread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2009 at 8:46am
This is an awesome idea and fairly well implemented.  It might be nice to add a few things like carpools, cost of gas, etc that could be nice for people who want to hitch a ride up together.  The Snowriders website at MIT does a fairly good job of this: http://snowriders.mit.edu/riderboard_archive.php
bite me View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bite me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2009 at 11:08am
It would also be cool if you could invite specific 'friends' or members, but not your entire friends list.  Being able to select ones that are in your region to notify them of the even page would be easier than having to Private Chat or Private Message them or whatever else.
airik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote airik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2009 at 11:20am
endless possibilities: after setting one up this weekend my thoughts:
-what i might be wearing
-backup meeting spot in case you are late...
-lunch spot plans
-apre plans (bar etc)
-want to get resorts to sponsor riding days, hook our members up with discounted tickets...

keep ideas coming. david has new stuff already to go up (regions broken up better, comments...)
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local
Ready for the 2010 season!

Quote rocheezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 4:13am
Originally posted by myach

I just noticed that the calendar is not in order... according to the days if that makes sense?

like I looked at the 18th, and I thought it was a wednesday when I knew it was a friday

At first when I read this I didn't get it, til I looked at it myself. The calendars on the left side are all 1-7, Sunday to Saturday. Threw me off.

Also, there should be a way to edit events--if there isn't already. I can't find a way to add more details to my 21st event.
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 1:28pm
the updated meetup section looks awesome guys!
dirtysouth View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
cuban in costa rica

Quote dirtysouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2009 at 8:03am
nobody rides in Utah
Nighthawk View Drop Down
Local
Local
Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats Hoooo!!

Quote Nighthawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2009 at 8:17am
Originally posted by rocheezy

Originally posted by myach

At first when I read this I didn't get it, til I looked at it myself. The calendars on the left side are all 1-7, Sunday to Saturday. Threw me off.

Also, there should be a way to edit events--if there isn't already. I can't find a way to add more details to my 21st event.

We might enable member editing of their own events so they can update details but changing times and resorts etc.. could mess things up for people attending if they dont notice.

We may allow that with an email being sent to each attending member. But more likely just the ability to edit the Details.

You can always add a comment to it on the "View Full Event Info" page for additional information for now.
Cawww
airik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote airik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2009 at 8:24am
Originally posted by herbbread

This is an awesome idea and fairly well implemented.  It might be nice to add a few things like carpools, cost of gas, etc that could be nice for people who want to hitch a ride up together.  The Snowriders website at MIT does a fairly good job of this: http://snowriders.mit.edu/riderboard_archive.php

yeah, i like that...(john has suggested the carpool over drinks at northstar the other day too)7
DRIVER:matt angle
FUEL COST:$60 (total for all passengers)
SPACE AVAILABLE:2 / 4
WILL PICKUP RIDERS?:yes
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Quote BRUIZZA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2009 at 9:27am
PLEASE DISABLE THE AUTO-PM FEATURE!!!!!!!!  I don't need 50 PMs telling me who is going to an event I am attending.

Also why the hell can't an event be more than 1 day?  Seems silly as hell to have it limited to one day. 
www.chargeharder.com
mattaleao View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?

Quote mattaleao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2009 at 9:34am
Originally posted by BRUIZZA

PLEASE DISABLE THE AUTO-PM FEATURE!!!!!!!!  I don't need 50 PMs telling me who is going to an event I am attending.

Also why the hell can't an event be more than 1 day?  Seems silly as hell to have it limited to one day. 

This.
I'm just here for the titties
rocheezy View Drop Down
Local
Local
Ready for the 2010 season!

Quote rocheezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2009 at 1:12pm
^ Ditto.
myke View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote myke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2009 at 4:11pm
can you set it so that people can't sign up for dates that have already passed?
Also - can you block 'guests' from signing up?

I got 3 confirmations from 'guests' saying that they're going to meet up and ride on the 12th.
it's now the 21st Confused
Mike.M View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
OUTSIDE MY DECK

Quote Mike.M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2009 at 12:56pm
Question:

Why am i getting PMs stating that people are canceling going to BP in CO.

I just got a cancel email from Guth
gsrrr View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
shred ze gnar

Quote gsrrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2009 at 1:02pm
party poopers
EastBayBoarder View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
gas gun guy

Quote EastBayBoarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2010 at 4:33pm
Amazing just amazing!
boardoholic View Drop Down
Local
Local
The Dragon

Quote boardoholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2010 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Nighthawk

Originally posted by rocheezy

...there should be a way to edit events--if there isn't already. I can't find a way to add more details to my 21st event.

We might enable member editing of their own events so they can update details but changing times and resorts etc.. could mess things up for people attending if they dont notice.

We may allow that with an email being sent to each attending member. But more likely just the ability to edit the Details.

You can always add a comment to it on the "View Full Event Info" page for additional information for now.
Any word on getting this aforementioned edit "Ride Details" option? I understand the confusion that can occur if you want to change a major field (i.e. date or resort), but it would be nice if the event creator had the ability to edit/add info w/o using the "Comments" function.

Originally posted by BRUIZZA

...why the hell can't an event be more than 1 day?  Seems silly as hell to have it limited to one day. 
And like Bru 1st mentioned, how about tweaking this a bit, too? Seems that a good chunk of MeetUps are multi-day adventures.

Thnx in advance.
PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing. ~Mitch Hedberg
johnsonnd06 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote johnsonnd06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2010 at 5:16am
Want to go
Guest_253929 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Guest_253929 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2010 at 12:57am
Star
classic_ben View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
It's a sign

Quote classic_ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2010 at 12:27am
An extra filter for international might be useful...but I think most of these events get organised in the International forum
badgers1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote badgers1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2010 at 2:32pm
how do u sign up?
EpicFAIL View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote EpicFAIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2010 at 4:47pm
This sound like an absolutely fabulous idea. More ways to get members together no matter where they live. Only good for members and sierra. Looking forward to how this all ends up.
NGremlin! View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote NGremlin! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2010 at 4:33pm
Hi. I'm a little curious as to how this all works (hear me out).

Should a person wait until their skill level is pretty solid before trying to meet other people? For example, I noticed that there is a meet up this weekend organized by umeshgnars. So I looked up the member profile and it says that he is advanced. I'm still a beginner.

I'd love to meet other people and learn new things, but don't want to tag along where I'm not a good fit. 

Have other people used these meet ups and events to meet new people and find new riding buddies? Should I assume that I should work on my own for bit, unless the event specifically says "all skill levels welcome"? 

I'd appreciate hearing about your experiences. 

For the record, I think it is great that the Sierra community offers meet-ups and events. I can see how relationships can develop, whether it be people that live near each other that want to carpool, or people that meet up to ride , hit it off, and end up being really great friends.

Looking forward to hearing your stories. Good or bad! (Like... "I offered to split a room with someone I met on the site and he ended being really stinky and I had to sleep with the window open and all my gear on" or "I met a random stranger off the site and now we're married!")

Thanks. 
graemeh View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote graemeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/02/2010 at 1:27am
Looks great - now how about version 2 for meeting up outside the US.
dakitaki View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote dakitaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 12:59pm
I wish you Sierra or trusnow as they named themself would start integrating international meet ups! I think the meet up thing is a really good idea, but not every one lives in the US and i bet a couple of people from other countries would like to meet up too! Would be cool if you guys could add that feauture!
TMART09 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote TMART09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2010 at 8:00am
i'm gonne ride mt. hood meadows in oregon saturday, possibly monday and wednesday.. just throwing it out there is anyone is also gonna be up on the mountain.
ixdevoid View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote ixdevoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2011 at 5:27am
durgabeur
McSos View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote McSos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 5:28pm
Hey, I would like to meet up and ride too!
How about adding a Canadian section?
rem209 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote rem209 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2011 at 4:54am
whoever said no one rides in Utah, straight out lied...Snowbird rocks! also...so does the canyons
cronaldo7 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote cronaldo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2011 at 11:40am
What's the meet up to ride section
lapmax View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lapmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2011 at 7:31pm
if we snow as a team do we get discount?
and how much will that be?
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2011 at 8:05pm
No.
lily2012 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote lily2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2012 at 9:02pm
From ones own lunchtime will surely get off a complete package deal an excellent offer you more time regarding one more.Period of time given to be able to communal web-sites picking an individual could well be unbelievably shocked the way in which the most effective prrepresent of your respective irretrievable can be today increasing being ingested. Absolutely dicing most of a lot of these particular away .

http://www.topgw2gold.com/

http://www.rsgold2buy.com/
jproidaho View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote jproidaho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2014 at 12:43pm
Just got signed up and already was able to post events for Free Days at our local resorts. This sight is an excellent resource for people wanting to meet people and ride. Check the meet up section for the full list of Toyota Ski Free Fridays and a few can drive events for the Inland North West
 Post Reply Post Reply