Michiganders where you at-

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 17>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
smurfguy33 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote smurfguy33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michiganders where you at-
    Posted: Jan/30/2011 at 5:27am
Yeah whats up MI is great
MittenSlam View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
Mt. Hood

Quote MittenSlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2011 at 10:59am
From Lansing, local spot is Brighton. I hit up the O Park at Otsego Club quite a bit... their $10 thursdays are awesome. Other than that, rode the burg near GR and Marquette Mt. this year a couple times. Definitely want to make it out to Bohemia after some freshies roll through!
Sirdangle View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote Sirdangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2011 at 11:47am
Michigan is were its at
Longboarderdude View Drop Down
Local
Local
boyne highlands

Quote Longboarderdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2011 at 6:43am
is that $10 thursday deal every thursday?
I make handmade longboards PM me for info.
fiend138 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote fiend138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2011 at 12:14pm
I’m in the Manton area, Caberfae & Crystal Mountain are both about 45 minute drives and Boyne is about an hour. Usually hit Crystal Mountain.
talldude View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote talldude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2011 at 7:56pm
I'm in Lansing, but moving to St. Joseph in a few months. Probably going to Caberfae next weekend.
wechter View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote wechter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 6:42am
I've been to Treetops, Shanty Creek, Mt. Brighton. Mt. Holly, and going up to Boyne Highliands this weekend. Brighton and Holly aren't much you know but a lot closer than going up north.
Local
Local
boyne highlands

Quote Longboarderdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 3:38am
I havent been to shanty in years... is it any good?
Mortoni View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Mortoni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 5:22pm
I haven't been to shanty this year but when I went last year it was awesome. Both parks were pretty legit and they were making a pipe. The pipe obviously can't be that good because, come on it's michigan, and it was all iced over because we were only there one day that it was open. But all the other runs were sweet. It was a lot of fun but it was MLK weekend so the lift lines were long.
iamjason10 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote iamjason10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 5:56pm
im in northwest ohio but i only really board in mich, ive been to mount holly, boyne highlands, and alpine valley, boyne is my fave so far than holly but im sure there are much better places i have yet to go to
tical00111 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tical00111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2011 at 1:54am
I have boarded every weekend this year at either Pine Knob or Mt. Holly with a special mid Feburary trip Shanty. First time at Shanty this year and I loved it. Lots of nice runs.
Local
Local
boyne highlands

Quote Longboarderdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2011 at 4:30am
Originally posted by Mortoni

I haven't been to shanty this year but when I went last year it was awesome. Both parks were pretty legit and they were making a pipe. The pipe obviously can't be that good because, come on it's michigan, and it was all iced over because we were only there one day that it was open. But all the other runs were sweet. It was a lot of fun but it was MLK weekend so the lift lines were long.
What size jumps did they have?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tical00111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2011 at 5:34am
The jumps at schuss were huge. Summit were more tame. The half pipe I thought was very legit. Being my first time in a pipe I was impressed with the depth and angle. I had a great time on both mountains.
Local
Local
boyne highlands

Quote Longboarderdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 4:17am
Originally posted by tical00111

The jumps at schuss were huge. Summit were more tame. The half pipe I thought was very legit. Being my first time in a pipe I was impressed with the depth and angle. I had a great time on both mountains.
Really? i might have to check schuss out then!
Mortoni View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Mortoni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 11:47am
yeah when i was there last year the jumps were pretty good size. They had 3 pretty good sized one in the bigger park with a huge one at the end of it then in the smaller one they had 2 ones that were on the smaller side but still good. The jibs weren't that great but the jumps made up for it
Mortoni View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Mortoni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 11:49am
That was at Schuss. I didn't go to Summit at all
wechter View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote wechter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 3:25pm
Anybody been up to Boyne Highlands this week? How's the snow been? Heading up there this weekend.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2011 at 3:57am
we were up in g_a_ylord (why does this site turn that city into homosexual mi?)  at the opark this past weekend, it was pretty hard packed from the warm up.  the highlands being so much further NW is probably great, the webcam looks like they have nice coverage.  they've had over a week to really work the snow back to shape so it should be in good shape.
Nub's  has blown snow this past week.  both got a few inches of natural, and it's supposed to be snowing today.  have fun. 
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2011 at 4:37am
Heading up to Boyne Highlands this weekend, too... leaving in about 15 minutes as a matter of fact.

What are you riding, wechter?  I'll look for you out there.

I'm riding a Rome Postermania, Union Contacts, black FourSquare jacket, tan Sessions pants (black jacket, tan pants like every other jackass out there).  If you see a woman struggling on the greens riding a K2 Vavavoom with white K2 Bliss bindings stop by and say hello, that's my wife.  This will be her 3rd time riding.
wechter View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote wechter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2011 at 4:44am
I ride a Sierra Crew, black with the sierra s logo all over the bottom. Black pants and a grey jacket.
hise442 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Method

Quote hise442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2011 at 5:02am
I am from the Ann Arbor area we usually hit up holly for a quick day trip and spend a few weekends at shanty creek resort, nubs nob etc
Here is some videos first one is from schuss mountain, nubs, holly and my house and the other one's is just at holly.

That was the windiest day ever
Then here is a quick night session
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tical00111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2011 at 9:54am
I went Pine Knob last night. I was helping a friend learn on his first time on a snowboard. Nice night and I got a buy one get one free lift ticket from Shell gas stations.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2011 at 1:22pm
Just returned from Boyne Highlands.  Great trip although too short.  The conditions were much better than I expected especially since it was lightly raining the closer we got to BH. 

Really enjoyed the far right and far left sides (much less crowded).  We hit the half pipe and the Funland terrain park, enjoyed both.

My wife progressed really well considering (Friday - Sunday) it was her 3rd, 4th and 5th time on a snowboard.  All in all it was a fun trip.

wechter -  I saw 1 Sierra Crew Sunday morning heading out of the Main Lodge but the guy carrying it wasn't wearing black pants and a grey jacket.
wechter View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote wechter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2011 at 2:36am
We went out Saturday afternoon and then Sunday afternoon 12-4. I didn't see a Rome Postermania though. i thought the conditions were great too. And it wasn't crowded at all. We stayed out until about 8 on Saturday and it was great.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2011 at 3:10am
Originally posted by wechter

We went out Saturday afternoon and then Sunday afternoon 12-4. I didn't see a Rome Postermania though. i thought the conditions were great too. And it wasn't crowded at all. We stayed out until about 8 on Saturday and it was great.

We were riding Friday night about 5:00 - 9:00pm, Saturday 9:30am - 7:00pm, Sunday 9:30am - 11:30am.

What building/lodge did you stay in?  We were in the Heather Highlands Inverness building.
wechter View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote wechter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2011 at 1:45am
We didn't stay at Highlands. Friends have a condo down the street.
Biggspeed View Drop Down
Local
Local
JMB

Quote Biggspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2011 at 7:32am
Does anybody know when the last day is for resorts in the UP? Preferably indianhead or Big Powderhorn?
“For me, music and life are all about style.” - Miles Davis
Local
Local
boyne highlands

Quote Longboarderdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2011 at 8:36am
i would guess late march maybe early april.
daughmis View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote daughmis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2011 at 8:59am
Hit up Boyne Mt. Thursday. Conditions were great and lift lines were short. Had an amazing day. First time to Boyne Mt. and it's the best place I've been in Mi (better than: Bittersweet, Brighton, Pine Knob, Shanty Creek, Alpine Valley) and the fresh powder was worth the drive. Forecast isn't looking too good for Southern Michigan snow-hills, hopefully the snow up North holds out a few more weeks.

So, a local at Boyne told me about the Shell gas buy one lift ticket, get one free deal. What parks does this deal work at? And how does the deal work?
wechter View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote wechter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2011 at 12:30pm
skifreedeals.com is the website for the free lift ticket. If you go to the website you can check out which parks it covers. Both Boyne resorts are on the list. Then you have to purchase 10 gallons of gas at a participating store. There is a list of participating stations on the website.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2011 at 11:37am
Hey fellow 'ganders.  Just wanted to share our little movie from this past winter.  Shot in state and in our backyard.  I've been throwing together our footage at the end of the season for the past few years.  This was this years result.  Had our camera shit out, used whatever was laying around, got new camera that had issues.  I had to learn a new editing program too, which I still don't think I have the hang of.
This winter I'd like to work on some footage to show off our state, maybe work with some fellow riders from around the mitten and the U.P.   Anyone that has a camera and loves to ride that's interested hit me up.  We've got some really nice areas of this state to ride, let's rep the dirty mitten.

and now, Gettin There

snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2011 at 11:40am
oh, and cut us some slack, most of our group is old, didn't start until we were almost 30, and don't get out much.  So if we suck, sorry, we're just having funLOL
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2011 at 11:46am
Originally posted by snowj420

oh, and cut us some slack, most of our group is old, didn't start until we were almost 30, and don't get out much.  So if we suck, sorry, we're just having funLOL

Not bad for a bunch of old geezers, haha just kidding.  As long as you're having fun then it's all gravy.  Although you might wanna shorten the videos more because each vid was like 16 min each.  
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2011 at 5:34pm
I know, I've got to try and keep the whole vid to under 25 minutes next winter.  I almost made a companion movie of just fails n' bails, which would have probably been more entertaining.
ah8174 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trying to Teach the Little Sis

Quote ah8174 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2011 at 3:50am
Im from Warren, been to Alpine, Holly, Pine Knob, and Caberfae, Caberfae being the best of the four.  I need to head north and check out some of the other resorts some time soon.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2011 at 4:20am
I spent the first 12 years of my life in Warren...

This upcoming winter we need to utilize the Regional Riders/Mid West forum or "I'm riding tomorrow, how bout you?" thread to organize a couple meet 'n rides.  Also, I want an invitation to hit up snowj420 and railkiss' backyard park!
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2011 at 11:07am
consider this your invite guysTongue  We meet some kids at a local sled hill last winter, after hittin the kicker they made we took them back to our house and they about shit.

Yeah, defintely have to use the meet up for some up north trips for us flatlanders.   The only trip our group has planned so far is a Bohemia trip in early Feb.  We haven't set exact dates, but early Feb. seems to be a good time for pow up there.

HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2011 at 9:21am
Nice video, especially if you had to learn with a new program. Also you maximized the space in the backyard and had some fun features. 
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2011 at 3:21pm

I'm trying to find a way to maximize the backyard in the summer tooBig smile

And thanks for the kind words on our little video.  It's all fun.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2011 at 10:29am
I like the idea, but it didn't look like it was working to well. However as long as your having fun that is what its all about.
wechter View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote wechter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2011 at 11:55am
First snow in lower Michigan today!!  Makes me a little excited for the winter and ready to board!
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2011 at 2:20am
My bro got less than an inch, he was able to hit his backyard park.  Soooooo jealous.  I was going to make snow last night, but the temp didn't get low enough. 
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2011 at 4:40am
hey if you live by Bittersweet ski resort in Michigan they have a cool winter job, of helping make and maintain the park.  Sounds a lot better than working a lift.
Railkiss View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Railkiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2011 at 5:38am
gonna have to tell my brother in law about that, he literally lives within walking distance to bittersweet. It's cool, you can see his house from the top of the hill.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2011 at 6:04am
I was in Kalamazoo the other day and this guy was trying to claim there was a fire at Timber Ridge Ski Resort has anyone heard anything about this. I have been looking around and have not seen any news on it.
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2011 at 6:09am
Let me take this opportunity to say good morning on this fine Saturday

ohio_state_brutus_buckeye

-b
get bent
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2011 at 6:42am
osu is going down today sir
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2011 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by snowj720

osu is going down today sir

Unfortunately you were right on that one.  Hell of a football game though

-b
get bent
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2011 at 12:15pm
Sure was.  Had me biting my nails until late in the 4th.  Finally U of M ends the losing streak.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2011 at 8:19am
That was a tough call overturning the touchdown, and then the holding plus person foul call.  However about time a Michigan kicker step up and make a big kick.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>