Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 10>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spraying.
    Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 8:47am
So i'm out riding yesterday with my buddies, and i see something that freaks me out. This guy had fallen down on the run, and some douchebag who he clearly didnt know, rode by him and sprayed him with snow. Sure, we all don't like it when people decide to sit and have tea parties in the middle of the run, but i cant help but wonder why somebody would actually want to spray somebody with snow? This kinda douchebag behavior is exactly why people label snowboarders as punk kids, assholes and whatever else. Why do people do this, and what makes em think they wont spray the wrong person, ie me. Let's discuss. 
craigalicious View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 8:56am
i heard you like getting sprayed in the face.

raymoyers View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 9:05am
I fell pretty hard once and physically could not move for a few minutes.  Not on purpose.  I wanted to move, I just couldn't.  My brother thought it would be funny to spray me as I laid there in pain.  I kicked his ass.  If it had been a stranger that sprayed me, I might have tried to kill him.

I agree with you, Gifted.  I don't know why there are so many douche bags out there that do crap like that.  Most of them can be found in the chat at giveaway time too. LOL
Phatman View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 9:09am
reach in your crack and pull your panties out boys, you shouldn't let them get all wadded up back there like that.
A thermos keeps hot stuff hot, and cold stuff cold.....BUT HOW DOES IT KNOW???
GUTH View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 9:16am
oh wow.... you guys might not want to ride with us.. its pretty much a competition who can white out each other more.   but its all in good fun.    I can recall days where one person gets ya.. and then everyone just joins in and you literally have to just sit down and wait for all the snow to clear for like 30 seconds.   We get pretty brutal.

I have to confess, i sprayed a total stranger on sunday.  I was fishing for some fresh lines of the the side.. and some chick cut in and forced me out of the little narrow track i had.. so she got the fresh an i didnt.. so i stayed on the back side of her and when she tried to get back on the run i cut right in front of her and sprayed her and got her stuck. 

but i try not to be mean like that.. cuz i certainly have had my fair share of getting in in the face (yes i said it)  so you got to pass it a long some times.

sorry niles.

*Insert Something Clever Here*
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 9:21am
i got no problems with sprayin friends, ( wow this convo is gonna sound really dirty), thats what friends are for. If you can't spray your friends, who can you spray? My question is why would u spray some kid you dont even know who's laying on the ground, and possibly hurt? Sprayin amongst friends = business as usual. spraying random kids = not so cool. 
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 9:26am
i spray kids who attempt to make fun of me while they're on the lift and see me fall on a run.  sweet, sweet revenge.  they're safe on the lift but i just wait until they're not.

Funinc158 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 9:29am
I usually spray my friends. Every once and a while I spray a random person that I don't know. It's fun. When I do it I usually do it to people who are just sitting there looking around or texting or trying to make out with their girlfriend. I also try to pick gapers to do it to because there is no way that they would be able to catch me. At my resort the gapers are usually the ones who are dicks, they think they are sweet. Most of the snowboarders at my resort are chill.
CraigD View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 9:32am
If you don't like snow, get off the mountain.

Do you complain when you get splashed at the public pool to?

I don't spray strangers myself, but when my buddies ride with me and someone is sitting down, they should just expect it.  If a stranger sprays me he just became a target. I don't mean that in an aggressive way at all. Everyone's just there to have fun, and spraying people is fun!

Edit - by someone sitting down, im referring to people i'm riding with, not random people.

www.incaseyouhaventheard.com
eldolocal68 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 9:37am
I only spray people i know when they're down, and the herd of sheep sittin in the middle of the run, or the gappers at the tops of parks...baaaaaaaahhh!baaaaaaaah!baaaaaaah1
EMHM00 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 9:39am
You guys ever out riding and spot an Alpine Steve? These guys are typically over 35, riding a 170cm +, stiff as hell alpine board with a 12 cm waist width and +65/+65 angles in their hardboots. Most likely on the widest runs laying out super G turns at mach speed. One of the most fun things to do is get right in their track and draft them as close as you can. Most of them are good sports about it...
raymoyers View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 9:44am
That's the point I was trying to get across.  Spraying someone is fine if they are just sitting doing whatever.

But, if the person is on the ground cuz they are hurt, you shouldn't spray them.  That's the only reason I got pissed at my bro.

I have done my fair share of spraying.  Spraying amongst friends = fine.  Spraying a punk to get revenge = fine.  Spraying someone hurt or a little kid = not cool.
natesnowboards View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 9:53am
i could honestly care less if i got sprayed. personally i usually dont spray ppl i dont know but really were all out there to have fun. whats the worst its gonna do to you, get snow on your water proof clothes. but thats just me, most of the time i see the best in people.
VermontRider View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 9:58am
If someone is hurt it is lame to do it, unless they hurt themselves in the process of spraying you. If they hurt themselves after spraying you, you should spray and laugh at them. If people are being idiots, are friends or both it is fine to spray them. You just better be ready to deal with the consequences of that.
BABY POWDER View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
this pimpin bishes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 10:06am
I spray all my friends and some strangers.  If you are sitting in the middle of the run you are fair game to get sprayed IMO.
Notta now Nutta
Timmay_650 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 10:11am
What I don't like about spraying is not the snow but the people who try and mess up and hit the person. I have seen it a few times and that really sucks. I will spray my friends on good days for it but not the days when you just have to get really close.
(K) View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 10:12am
I mean there's obvious signs that someone's hurt, but as in Ray's case, what if they're just down and out for a bit and can't move? How would you know if he's hurt or just parked? Should you lay a few pounds of powder on him just in case?

Though I agree if there's a little club being formed in the middle of the run I wouldn't mind a few sprays myself. If it's on the sides of the run then I wouldn't care too much. I know if I'm down I make an effort to move to the sides of trail or at least make myself visible if I can't move. Though if someone sprayed me out of sheer douche-ery I'd get up and plow into them on purpose. "To your left!" oops, should have told you that before I jammed my board into your back. That's just me though, I have issues.
Duneluder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 10:45am
Just spray your friends and don't be a dick about it to strangers, you never know how they are going react, don't want to ruins someone elses fun just cause you feel cool doing it.

Friends and only friends I say.

tocsin View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 10:49am

If i know you cool, but if i dont, id find you.  The proceed to punch you in the jaw most likely and steal your board, if possible.  I too have anger issues though so probably not the norm.

Nysnow247 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 10:51am
i dont spray people because at Mt creek in nj i was riding and saw a bunch f kids try to spray a random skier that had fallen and one of them slipped and cut the skier's cheek with the edge of their board. it was f*cked up
tocsin View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 10:54am
Its like road rage, just a matter of time before someone gets wild on ya. 

Its simple, have respect for other people.
CheckOnTrips View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 10:54am
Not cool to spray a total stranger. It pisses me off when people are just chillin right in the middle of a slope, but id never spray them. I might stp and ask them to keep it moving though, some people done understand slope etiquette so they may need to hear it.

And if you spray me, and its obvious that it wasnt an accident, im following you to the bottom and you are most likely going to get owned in front of your friends.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 10:59am
ive only sprayed strangers on one day, and it was just a couple people.  we were at alyeska the spring before last and there was nothing to do there (boring mountain, crowded, and there was no new snow at the time, just sun baked slush in the afternoon) so i got a few random people on our last run.

other than that, i dont do it, except for the occasional friend, which i figure is okay.
tocsin View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 11:01am
"ive only sprayed strangers on one day, and it was just a couple people.  we were at alyeska the spring before last and there was nothing to do there (boring mountain, crowded, and there was no new snow at the time, just sun baked slush in the afternoon) so i got a few random people on our last run"

So you are bored (really dont know how you can be while snowboarding) and cant think of anything to do but ruin someone elses time?
idshredhead View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
what I do best

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 11:03am

What about those of us that are talented enough to spray ourselves! Like when you throw a backside shifty carve thing and poof your engulfed in snow.

So last saturday there was this kid that parked himself 15 ft directly infront on a little drift to drift double on the side of a groomed run... one of those hits that is there every year and everyone who knows about it hits it. Well I got sick of waiting for him so I hit the double and sprayed him enough that you almost could have ollied off his back.... and then I proceeded to ollie off of the next drift and land in the upside of a mogul and front flip..... so much for looking cool! heheeheh.... maybe i'm the gaper in this situation.

spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 11:05am
its all in good fun, dont get too negative about it.. and i highly doubt it ruined anyones time.  if it makes you feel any better, i only got one kid with anything worthwhile, and he laughed.

and yes, i was bored.  i dont find cruising 2 inches of sun-baked slush on top of ice on super mellow wide-open groomed runs filled with people very fun, or waiting in liftlines that are at least 30 minutes long just to do it again.  sorry?
tocsin View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 11:16am
Maybe it did, maybe it didnt ruin their time. 

I know it would piss me off, and probably anyone over the age of 13. 

Next time your bored, how about going to the bar, having a few pitchers with freinds and then retrun to slopes.  No harm and it makes those conditions and lift lines so much more tolerable.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 11:20am
no apres ski spots here, its just a day lodge.  and i wont be at alyeska again for quite some time, but if i am, ill make sure its not slush on ice like the last time.

while were on the subject though.. im not denying that it can be a dick move to spray someone, but if it really ruins their whole day, thats gotta be a pretty negative person to let it take over the entire days mood.  i know that if i got sprayed, even if i got snow down my back or something, it would be easy to shake it off and laugh.  wasting a day just cause someone was messing around is.. well, a waste.
Phatman View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 11:29am
Again people, take your panties out of a bunch.

Of course you can tell when people go down hard, and yeah it's prolly a little dick to spray them at that point, but beyond that, you're out playing in the snow. You're the ones making it a negative. I don't harbor ill-will to the people I spray, and if they get me back great. Why would you feel the need to take it beyond that?

It's pretty hard to spray a moving target so if you keep moving at a reasonable pace you're probably not going to get sprayed. It's not like it hurts, where's the harm? get over yourselves and loosen up. Somone sprays you get 'em back and let it go, if you're not good enough to get'em back theres your incentive to get better.
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 11:46am
[/end]
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 11:48am
Originally posted by GUTH

oh wow.... i certainly enjoy my fair share of getting it in the face (yes i said it) 

haha i knew it!
ThaScarecro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Advice Dog says...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 11:49am
its just snow. 
BRUIZZA View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
I'm kinda a big deal!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 11:55am
I have sprayed complete strangers and have been sprayed by strangers.  All you people who are talking about starting fights and punching people are full of shit or have issues.

I sprayed a stranger at keystone last year.  then headed to the park.  You know what the stranger did???  He got up followed me pointed at me and sprayed me back.  Then we both laughed.  You shtookers need to chill with all the violence shit over some snow. 
www.chargeharder.com
MTpow View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 11:57am
agreed^
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 12:13pm
so you can be a dick to a random somebody, and they can be a dick back to you, but only if they're not more of a dick to you than you were to them. is that the piss poor logical defense?

Moral of the story : just dont be a dick.
Phatman View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 12:17pm

Maybe if you laid off the roids you wouldn't have these anger issues.

K8sgotgame View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 12:19pm
Phatman sprayed me and I broke his nose.  He looks prettier now.
Phatman View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by K8sgotgame

Phatman sprayed me and I broke his nose.  He looks prettier now.
ummmm K8, we're only talkin about SNOW, I hope my wife doesn't see thisLOL
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 12:21pm
oh we're not talking about this?

K8sgotgame View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 12:21pm
Shocked

LOL
mattaleao View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 12:26pm
Bruizza sprayed me on saturday.

I pissed on his new sierra board that showed up this morning though, so we're even.
I'm just here for the titties
GUTH View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by giftedhands

so you can be a dick to a random somebody, and they can be a dick back to you, but only if they're not more of a dick to you than you were to them. is that the piss poor logical defense?

the CO meet up is just going to be a 48 hour sprayfest now.  bring protection!
taiguy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
no insta-death

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 12:34pm
friend tried to spray his girlfriend and ended up hitting her. she straight out punched him in the face for that one. i had no sympathy for him. LOL
GeckosGoMoo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 12:35pm
In my opinion, as long as you don't run into them in the process, spraying is just part of the sport.
I'm a dance floor tiger lady bumping everything she has, touching every single lad, rubbing every lady bad.
GUTH View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by GeckosGoMoo

In my opinion, as long as you don't run into them in the process, spraying is just part of the sport.

if any one remembers Steve russle r.i.p, i tired to spray him, slipped out and  f'ed up his knee.  i was super popular that day.
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by GUTH

Originally posted by giftedhands

the CO meet up is just going to be a 48 hour sprayfest now.  bring protection!

LOL I'm down for the cause. we should play snowboard football... tons of fun. getting sprayed means ur tackled and the ball changes team. whoever makes it down with the ball scores. First to 3. Thats how we do it.
anonymous View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by CheckOnTrips

Not cool to spray a total stranger. It pisses me off when people are just chillin right in the middle of a slope, but id never spray them. I might stp and ask them to keep it moving though, some people done understand slope etiquette so they may need to hear it.

Agreed. Some people are new and don't know to stay to the sides when taking a break. So being a dick and spraying them won't get that message across.

You should only spray people you know.
frigidowg View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Spring Break 2k9

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 1:13pm
Personally i'd stick to only doing it to your friends or people you know. The only time it really irritates me is when it's a group of young kids or something and someone is clearly trying to show off, granted when I was that young i'd prolly be tempted to do it as well, but looking back not a chance. Only thing that really annoys me is when people knock snow off their boards from the lifts intentionally on to people, that and some retard tried to throw a ball of ice at me off a lift the other day, needless to say when I confronted him about it he didn't act quite as tough as he did trying to impress his friends. Life goes on either way.
percept View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 1:30pm
the right thing to do would be to go chase the sprayer down and ask what his intentions were. you can punch him in the face or buy him a drink depending on his answer. 
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 1:33pm
percept where the hell have you been?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>