0 Staff | 15 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 393,264 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > TruSnow Staff > Free Giveaways & Events

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Topic ClosedHCSC Session Giveaway Contest!! - Event Date: Jan/01/2010 - Mar/21/2010

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1234 5>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jigglypuff View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: HCSC Session Giveaway Contest!!
    Posted: Jan/23/2010 at 9:52pm
Woohoo!  After a year of riding switch consistently, I finally felt comfortable enough to do some 180s switch.  All I can say is that ollie-ing switch is like a totally different beast!  Maybe HCSC can teach me how to tame it.  Down boy!

*Jibber Jabber*
signalsamm View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2010 at 5:48am
signalsamm View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2010 at 1:04pm
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2010 at 1:25pm

Landing a bs 360! (Pumped!!!)

Bring it hard or don't bring it at all.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2010 at 1:26pm
^ Yellow shirt was last year.
Bring it hard or don't bring it at all.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2010 at 4:31pm

What about the "0 shirt"?  I like that pic best...  ;-)

oops...that was signalsamm  ^_^

*Jibber Jabber*
rephreshed View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2010 at 2:08pm
Sierra User Name:
rephreshed

Home Resort:
Jiminy Peak

Years Snowboarding:
3-ish, had to take a year off due to being pregnant :-)

Average number of days Snowboarding each year:
5-10

Favorite Snowboard Setup: (Board & Binding)
I currently have a Morrow Wildflower with Morrow Lotus bindings, not the best but it works for me!!

Favorite Snowboard Trick:
falling's not really considered a trick....

Your Best Experience Snowboarding:
My best experience snowboarding was a couple weeks ago. My husband and I clipped boards and fell getting off the left the day before and it kind of killed my confidence the next day. When we went back to the mountain, I had a really good time getting my turns dialed and had no problem getting off the lift. The reason why it was the best day ever is because my husband ended up falling off the lift that day and I didn't the whole day. He's been snowboarding for 15 years so it helped me see someone mess up, no matter how good they are.

What makes you most want to go to HCSC this Summer:
I really want to go to HCSC for one reason. My husband and I were planning to move out to Colorado a few years ago and then make a trip to HCSC but as fate would have it, I got pregnant. I ended up missing a whole season of boarding and these last two years have made me feel like I had to learn everything all over again. I think a session at HCSC would help me progress my riding to a whole different level that would take me another season or two to accomplish.

Why should you win the HCSC Summer Camp Session:
I should win a session at HCSC because it's something I wouldn't be able to do on my own. I'm not able to come up with the funds to make a trip on my own. I also don't have many resources on the east coast to be in the presence of pro and am riders as well as coaches that can guide me through what I need to learn. Also, I feel like a camp like HCSC could be am amazing opportunity for someone such as myself that needs it. I'm not at a level of hitting kickers and riding rails like other riders so having te chance to bring myself one step closer would be something I definitely wouldn't take for granted.

What is your biggest snowboard goal/dream:
My biggest snowboard goal is to progress my riding and learn more about the industry. I'm starting to dive more into writing and one day I would love to make a career out of it.

Waiting to head down a trail while a ski class went by

My husband and I waiting for some friends to meet up with us
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2010 at 2:38pm

To all the dudes who went to Steamboat, CO and communicated to me via chat LOL, text messaging, or verbally Sleepy that I totally missed out on the CO snow, crazy cocktail party, and steamy steamy hottub, I just wanted to post what YOU guys missed out here in Tahoe:

1. EPIC EPIC STORMS.  Even Squaw's Broken Arrow was covered, and full of yummy stashes of untouched snow.  I felt that floating, weightless feeling in deep powder for the first time...Smile

Broken Arrow, Squaw Valley

2. I must admit, although it is VERY difficult to beat your hottub-sausage-fest, you boys were missing out on epic-days-in-tahoe followed by the hottub-Jiggly-fest.

** Please post pics/videos of Steamboat hottub to compare **  Clap
*Jibber Jabber*
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2010 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by emilyfrances

What makes you most want to go to HCSC this Summer: Living in Ohio and snowboarding is not too great to begin with due to the excessively long off season and lack of real hills. However, the reason I want to go so bad is to make up for my lost season this year. First week of my home resort opening up and my 4th time out this season I took a nasty spill and fractured my spine. On the 17th of December we were on our last run of the night, finishing up with some fun in the park. I went down first and something went wrong, obviously, I wasn’t really “in it” and yeah…the rest is history. The potential for paralysis was relatively high so I had to be transferred to a trauma center and undergo surgery in order to stabilize the vertebrae. 5 days in the hospital, 4 x-rays, 3 cat scans, 2 ambulance rides, 1 surgery and my season is over. I now have 7 huge pieces of metal in my back and a 6 inch scar down my spine. So, yeah, sorry for the lengthiness, I just hope it explains my lack of photo and video posting since I won’t really have any opportunity to be taking/making them.

Holy Cow!  I'm glad you're "all right."  I guess its all relative.  I dislocated my left shoulder and broke my arm at the same time 2 years ago after riding really fast and catching an edge.  That incidence definitely shattered my confidence in snowboarding. Were you attempting a jump? I highly recommend armor. It makes you look bulky under snowboarding clothes and it certainly constricts your movement to a certain degree, but it has definitely saved me from some bad spills. 
*Jibber Jabber*
emilyfrances View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2010 at 3:27pm
Thanks! I am sorry about your shoulder/arm, that sucks. Yeah, I was trying a jump, people who saw it say it looked like I was trying a back flip and didn't follow through enough if you can imagine that. I wish I could say i was good enough to make a mistake like that. However, I am not and I am not going to lie about my skills. I was just trying a new, but not very well groomed jump (with a spine on top), nothing new, pretty simple, but I don't really remember much after that! It's just frustrating to know it was so simple. The armor sounds like a great idea mostly for my first time back on the slopes, i sure it would make me feel more confident.

Here are some pictures from my accident. I know that they don't really applying to the whole snowboarding theme but they are semi relevant in my situation.
 in the hospital with my friends, I had to lie like that on my back for 3 days straight before surgery.
my back after surgery, still pretty swollen but the scar looks so cool!

my x-rays after surgery

last year - it's old but since no new ones are coming I figure I should post it
Smile
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2010 at 12:15am

Wow Emily!  That is impressive!  My friend had a very similar surgery after skiing backwards into a snow-blower.  OK, here is my X-ray of my left arm fracture.  No where as striking as yours, but it sure bothers my rotator cuff muscles still to this day... 

On a brighter, cheerier note, this year I decided to liven the post-Xmas period with a Santa-suit...well more like a Mrs. Santa suit.  When adults asked "Where's my present?", I just answered, "No, I'm currently blacked out" or "not on skiis, you won't"  Smile

*Jibber Jabber*
mheadroom View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2010 at 1:18am
Sierra User Name: Mheadroom

Home Resort: Catamount
Years Snowboarding: 2
Average number of days Snowboarding each year: ~15
Favorite Snowboard Setup: Only have 2 but fav is Sierra Crew with missions
Favorite Snowboard Trick: Standing
Your Best Experience Snowboarding: Last week when i hit this 50' jump. came down and snapped my binding and plate right off the board. Actually that didn't happen. I broke the binding and plate when a little 3 yo skier cut in front of me and I caught my edge going wicked slow. (wish I had pics to share but didn't take em and bindings are on way back to burton.)
What makes you most want to go to HCSC this Summer: I really want to start transitioning into te park. Grabbed a seven just for this purpose but no idea even where to start. Would love to learn from the pros.

Why should you win the HCSC Summer Camp Session: See "Your Best Experience Snowboarding" and walking down the mountain sucked!
What is your biggest snowboard goal/dream: Dream? Helitrip. Goal? Not break my gear catuching edges at 2mph. LOL
abigailberg View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2010 at 8:45am
abigail :D
snow4life View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my sexy bike

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2010 at 8:47am
i go to jiminey peak to!!! that place is awesome!!< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
shakazulu12:(2:15PM) Nyle (Giftedhands) gets really big and turns green when angry.

BAAHAhahahahha
nathanjamesreed View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2010 at 3:05pm
Sierra User Name: nathanjamesreed

Home Resort: Seven Springs

Years Snowboarding: This is my first year

Average number of days Snowboarding each year: 20+

Favorite Snowboard Setup: I am riding with the 2010 Burton Bullet with Burton Custom Bindings

Favorite Snowboard Trick: 360

Your Best Experience Snowboarding: I have the best experience snowboarding every time I go. This is my first year snowboarding. The first time I went riding, I did a lot of falling. However, I was determined that I would get the hang of things and make it down the mile long trail without falling. I get better and better every time I go to a resort, and my snow boarding experience gets better and better every time I go.

What makes you most want to go to HCSC this Summer: I want to go to HCSC this summer because I have not enjoyed anything as much as I enjoy snowboarding. I was a skier in high school. I played division I football in college, and my skiing was put on hold. I was not able to go skiing because my coaches did not want me to potentially get hurt. I just finished my senior year of football & I can finally go back to the mountain. Now, instead of skiing, I find myself snowboarding. My last two years of my career I had the worst experience playing division I college football. Now it is finally over, and I have been enjoying every second I spend snowboarding. I would really love to go to HCSC this summer so I can become a better snowboarder.

Why should you win the HCSC Summer Camp Session: I feel that I should win the HCSC Summer Camp Session because I would get a lot out of the camp. I would take home a lot of the wisdom and advice that I would learn at camp. My coaches always described me as a "sponge". They said that I absorbed everything they were coaching me. Being a beginner at snowboarding and having the charactristic of a "sponge", I know that if I won the HCSC Summer Camp Session, I would come back a much better snowboarder.

What is your biggest snowboard goal/dream: My biggest snowboard goal is to win a contest. I would love to be able to do tricks all the way down a half pipe and take home first place. I would love to build a solid foundation of snowboarding mechanics and be able to work on them every time I go riding.
airjesse123 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2010 at 7:47pm
I took a bunch of pictures this weekend, rode fri-sun, but when i was uploading to gmail my HD crashed and everything is reverted back to last week Ouch, and I deleted the pics off my camera once they were loaded onto iphoto. I did my first rails ever this year, first in the prog park and then in the big boys park, and an ollie-on. Anyways, one did make it onto the uploader, so here is my lame box ride. Confused

Quiver: 08 UnInc 160 w/ 09 Cartel EST, 010 Charlie Slasher 164 w/ 09 White Union Forces
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2010 at 8:40pm
@ airjesse: FIDDY FIDDY on the box!! Go Jesse!  Smile   I might have to join you at N* sometime...miss the park so much, and the yellow/brown paint stains on my pants.

@ Abbie: Dang girl, you have mad jibbing skillz!!!
*Jibber Jabber*
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2010 at 9:45pm
Thanks for making me look bad  LOL

I'll try to get some rail pics next weekend that don't crash my computer!
Quiver: 08 UnInc 160 w/ 09 Cartel EST, 010 Charlie Slasher 164 w/ 09 White Union Forces
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2010 at 4:59pm
Clap    Jigglypuff's report on Seven Springs, PA   Clap

I had a wonderful week in Pittsburgh, PA for work, but had enough down time to enjoy Pitt's famous Primanti Bros sandwich (trucker style) and the O's hotdogs and fries.  I also rode Seven Springs for two days and had a great time.

What they lacked in elevation, they more than made up with the most snow-blower machines per square feet I have ever seen.  And lifts do not close until 10pm...sweeeet.  Since there were so many snowblowers, there was good coverage and the snow was soft on top of hard-packed.

The parks were sick.  I was impressed with the wide variety of easy to difficult level jibs and jumps.

Seven Springs has Transworld Snowboard's #1 Superpipe on the east coast.  I rode the 18-foot monster for 5 hours, and yes, it was cut really well and had the perfect amount of grip (not too icy) from 12pm to 2pm.  There was a series of 20'/40'/70' jumps running parallel to it.

What I loved most about the Pittsburgh area were the people - so genuinely nice, laid back, and helpful!   Big smile   Park etiquette was at it's best (except for this 4 year-old chic on skis - I'll get you back someday Angry).  They are also very proud of their Steelers, and who wouldn't be? They kick butt.

Here is one of my pipe runs.  My goal was to reach the lip!  Hopefully, I will be able to ride past the lip by next season.

I got some memorable bruises ("left jug") that I'll post up later...stay tuned...
*Jibber Jabber*
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2010 at 7:36pm
hey thanks jibbery Pirate Big smile
emilyfrances View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2010 at 3:29pm
That video of your pipe run looks so fun! I have never been able to do one (i don't think Indiana has any of those! haha)
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2010 at 8:57pm

some funny crashes of mine lol i have to many of thees videos

gofeman View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
meeeee

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2010 at 11:22am
Contest Entry Info:
Be thorough in your entry information. You only need to submit the entry info in your first thread post. 

Sierra User Name:
gofeman

Home Resort:
Dartmouth Skiway and Whaleback

Years Snowboarding:

Almost everyday on my home built setup.
150 days on the slopes.

Hmmm, thoughy.

Rome Artifact with Rome 390's or Ride DH2 with Burton Missions

Floating a backside 180 melon.

Feb 12 2009, New England got pounded. We had a snowday in school and me and my buds went shreding, there was over 15 inches on the ground and still coming. The drive that usually takes us 15 minutes, took us 40. We were actually the only ones on the mountain. Even though our home mountain is tiny, we still had a blast. We got first tracks on every trail and glade. I learned how to front flip that day.

Learn new tricks, progress, meet new people, travel out west (which I have never done), and have a blast.

Snowboarding is my life. Summer is the worst season because I can't snowboard. If I could win this, I'd have a trip to paradise in the middle of boredom.
I'm at a point in snowboarding when I need help progressing. I need help with learning new tricks and the motivation to try new stuff. I've never been out west, something I've been wanting to do for a long long time.

Get better at shreding to a point where I can compete. Have some kind of job that relates to this holy sport, meet new people while doing it and help others start shredding.

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2010 at 3:21pm
I had an awesome Tahoe birthday weekend!!  Thanks to Fifty Fifty Brewing for accomodating us and serving the delicious rasberry chocolate cake!  From the Sierra crew were: Phil, giftedhands, stass, and E$.  I couldn't get HGH drunk enough (apparently, beer was not the right way to go if drunkedness was my endpoint), so he didn't show off those "back abs," or the dancing pecs <sigh>  Cry   I'll get you next time, Gadget....next time....

Giftedhands did impress us, however, with his big-burger eating skills.  So attractive...and gifted...Embarrassed

Phil impressed me with his British-style lap dancing...

Stass impressed me with her mad french fry eating skillz which was perfectly balanced on her broken arm...

and THEY were impressed with my knife-cutting abilities.  Phil was shuttering in terror...

This thread is about snowboarding, so I guess I should post a snowboarding video from this past weekend.  I had a lot of firsts this weekend, including my first beer, my first rock drops, but what I prized the most were my first frontside 360s.  Maybe it was the beer, or Phil's British lap dance, I dunno, but I finally got the Frontside 3!!!  They're not great, but I'll keep working on the height and the "floatiness."  Of course, if you have any pointers, send me a PM!  Clap

*Jibber Jabber*
mush0010 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Even the King boards

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2010 at 12:37pm
Sierra User Name:
mush0010

Home Resort:
Afton Alps, MN

Years Snowboarding:
4 going hard

30 or so

09 Capita Horrorscope w/Union Contacts

Big floaty bs 180s

Shooting out the clouds coming from the peak at Big Sky, MT to see the world open up underneath me while flying out rock chutes.

I help my buddies progress however possible and what helps progression? Great coaching and great friends.

I'll soak in every minute of every day, while systematically increasing stoke to all other campers.

To be that old geezer dropping lawn darts over those groms and tea parties that sit on top of features in the parks. Either take a trip to South America, or hit up "Tailgate Alaska." 

Exhibit A: (I got the helmet on)

Exhibit B: (Yellow Jacket)

Exhibit C:

And the coup de grace:

Hammer Time
ShredbettyZoe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2010 at 3:05pm
HAHAH wow ^^ Best slow-mo ever!!!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2010 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by mush0010

And the coup de grace:

I love the fact that the video closes with a great slo-mo shot of the horrorscope...so fitting and funny!
*Jibber Jabber*
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2010 at 7:19pm

Big smileGreat news I have successfully landed 4 back flips for the first time. I’m pretty pumped about it unfortunately are camera broke so I don’t have the footage to post but it’s on my friends camera so when or if I ever get the footy I will post it.Big smile

ejay350gt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2010 at 8:50am
QUOTE=mush0010] Sierra User Name:

And the coup de grace:

[/QUOTE]

wow...look at that whiplash and head impact in slow-mo. looks like you could have had traumatic brain injury without a helmet on. 
wittman View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
cartels with switched out parts

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2010 at 4:34pm
Sierra User Name:

wittman

Home Resort:

Arizona Snowbowl (yes, we get snow in Arizona)

Years Snowboarding: 3 years

about 15 to 20

I like my Burton Condom(154) with purple and orange Cartels

Some people may not get this, but I love to do ollies. I think it's pretty damn fun to just take runs and try to find stuff to ollie off of, like get getting speed down the run so you can ollie off the side of the catwalk into the steep run going into the trees. Who doesn't like to get alittle speed and then ollie over a big roller and land near the bottom? Maybe I like to ollie so much since I skateboard too.

My best snowboard experience happened just this year when we finally got to take a trip to Northstar at Tahoe and some other resorts right around there. We made the drive from here in AZ and the long hours on the road were totally worth it. It's pretty crazy going from a smaller resort like Snowbowl to a huge resort that has everything you could want to ride. I couldn't believe how much I actually was able to progress in the park in just a week. Now I want to go ride a pipe again, but can't since I live in AZ, which is a bummer. There is nothing better than being able to ride a major resort and I'll never forget it.

I want to go to HCSC to progress and be able to ride during the summer. For two years I've been wanting to go because the camp looks like so much fun and I seriously can't stop watching the podcasts cause they're just so awesome! Just from talking to people and seeing videos, I feel that I could drastically improve my riding and even skating by going to camp. They have everything I could dream of riding there and unlike Snowbowl, I could get help from some really good shredders whether it be in the park or pipe. I also believe high cascade would help my riding because I would be able to continue riding in the summer and I wouldn't have such a long waiting period from spring to january to start riding again. It would be like I'm bridging the gap and no tricks would have to be relearned. I also would like to get in on some of those dodgeball fights.

Why should you win the HCSC Summer Camp Session: I should win because there's no way I would let that sessions go to waste. I would make the most of my time there and I'm very eager to learn. This trip would never be forgotten. We don't have that much money and since we made the miracle trip to Northstar, which my Grandma had to mostly pay for, there no way I could go anywhere out of state.

What is your biggest snowboard goal/dream: My biggest snowboard dream is just to be the guy at the resort that can shred everything. We all know that one guy at our local resort that isn't sponsored, but can seriously throw down and we look for him while we're riding up the lift just to see what he's going to do or maybe to get some trick inspiration. I think that would be the coolest thing ever to be able to shred anything without even trying.

I'm on the right ->

There will be more photos/videos when I can get someone to film.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2010 at 8:33pm
Its been like over a week since I've posted, OMG!  Big smile

Unfortunately, I have no new silly photos of Phil, HGH, or Stass, but I do plan on visiting the English Embassy soon.

I've started venturing into rock dropping territory.  I think my training in the park with 10-20 ft jumps have given me the courage and skills to drop some rocks.  I won't post the first few videos because they're agonizing to watch Dead -- lots of hesitation, second-guessing, rock-scratching-base, etc., so I'm showing the least agonizing one. 

Now that my frontside 3's are more consistent, I figured it was time to balance the scale with backside 3's.....Confused......but I'm not quite there yet.  Here's video of my attempt.  I do a backside 1 to get psyched up, then an attempted backside 3 on the second jump (more like a 270).  I'll get it someday!!  PM me with pointers!

*Jibber Jabber*
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2010 at 6:28am
befferdy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2010 at 10:31am
Sierra User Name: Befferdy

Home Resort: Blue Mountain, PA

Years Snowboarding: 3

Average number of days Snowboarding each year: 10

Favorite Snowboard Setup: (Board & Binding)Burton

Favorite Snowboard Trick: manuel

Your Best Experience Snowboarding:i just tried to do some tricks and i can already do a manuel, method, indy, rail

What makes you most want to go to HCSC this Summer: because snowboarding is very exciting

Why should you win the HCSC Summer Camp Session: i should win it because i just started snowboarding last year and i could use some help on how to do tricks

What is your biggest snowboard goal/dream: my biggest dream is to be able to do a double backflip or a rodeo 540

dougfagel View Drop Down
Educator
Educator
Instructing How to Douglas!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2010 at 10:47am
Lovin' the Videos!!

Keep them Coming!!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2010 at 1:18pm
Cool  !!!   I wanna ollie through hula hoops and butter picnic tables!!!  Cool 
*Jibber Jabber*
The English Butler View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2010 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Jigglypuff

Cool  !!!   I wanna ollie through hula hoops and butter picnic tables!!!  Cool 

Pssshhh that's nothing. I wanna ollie through picnic tables and butter hula hoops now that's steeze LOL
More Tea Lord Douglas?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2010 at 1:15pm

this video is the first time i  landed a backflip

this back flip is my fav of the day

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2010 at 4:21pm
Abbie....that is AMAZING!!  And you got major air too.  Airjesse and I attempted backflips as well today...

...hehe  LOL  OK, I'm joking...we could barely see anything in the park with the poor visibility.  I demoed a Sierra Snowboard V-spot 147cm, and it was so poppy and buttery that I was content just ditzing around the groomers  :)   Thanks Phil! Probably a great board for your backcountry and urban jibs!
*Jibber Jabber*
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2010 at 6:34pm
Just got back this weekend form riding with Thu (jugglypuff) Saturday and Squaw and Phil (The English Butler), Dan (Moldygiraffe), and Nyle (giftedhands) Sunday at Northstar. Posted three features from our last park run at The Star and I'm super stoked because I did my first rainbow box today (excuse the snow on my butt :p)

Last weekend did my first trip into the pipe at Sierra with Rose (rosebud) and it wasn't so great, but that's ok :D

AIRSPEED! yes.

moldygiraffe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2010 at 7:58pm
whoa whoa whoa, I didn't ride with you either then Jesse!! I hope you lose this contest!

jk Hug
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2010 at 8:08pm
Shoot I forgot. !!!!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2010 at 2:55pm
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2010 at 10:28pm
This is why I want to go to Hood:

Learn better boardslides and add more steeze!!

This is why I need to go to Hood:

F  A  I  L  !!!
*Jibber Jabber*
puffnstuff View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2010 at 2:53pm
Sierra User Name:

Puffnstuff

Home Resort: ?

Years Snowboarding: I learned in 2006 the last time I went is in 2007
so I guess 1 year?

Average number of days Snowboarding each year: I have only gone 5 times

Flow

Rodeo

Finally being able to get off the lift, strap in, and get down the mountain with ease.

To get a refresher on snowboarding and start learning some tricks

I have not seen snow and mountains in over 3 years because I am stuck in gods waiting room (Florida) trying to finish school. I miss snowboarding a lot and with the Olympic coverage it really started to depress me. I just want to ride again.

I would like to move out of this hell hole so I can get tons of riding time in and get good at the park

probably do not have a shot in hell since I have no pics
snow4life View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my sexy bike

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2010 at 4:44am
well this is my friend, just want you guys to look at him, hes pretty good.  :))

shakazulu12:(2:15PM) Nyle (Giftedhands) gets really big and turns green when angry.

BAAHAhahahahha
snow4life View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my sexy bike

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2010 at 4:45am
Originally posted by snow4life

well this is my friend, just want you guys to look at him, hes pretty good.  :))

sorry.

BAAHAhahahahha
hucknchuckcrew View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2010 at 5:56am
Sierra User Name:
hucknchuckcrew

Home Resort:
sierra at tahoe

Years Snowboarding:
6(2 in park)

i currently ride 150 artifact with k2 formula
but i want to ride either nitro sub zero or signal park rocker with almost any unions

frontside cork 5

went to the 2009 xgames. got to meet a bunch of riders and ride at snowmass.

I think that i will be able to progress a lot and be able to meet new people from across the country.

Because i have been saving up for years but its hard for me because im only 15 and really cant get a job so i don't have the money.

To own my own snowboarding apparel company in tahoe then expand to nation wide

penut butter and rail jam
idshredhead View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
what I do best

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2010 at 6:48am
^^^^^good stuff on that fuel tank!! If I had to ride pebble i'd find something else to do also!!!! creativity ftw.
benjiradio View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2010 at 8:28am
25 years old

Sierra User Name:
benjiradio

Years Snowboarding:

45-50

154cm Signal Park Rocker
Rome 390

Back 5
Nose press 180 off
Mctwist - wall or pipe (50% landing, but love doing it...no local pipe)

My best riding experiences were my trips to Vail and then Loveland & A. basin....buuuttt my best experience was going to Holiday Valley with a group of 8 friends in one room to save money.  It was ridiculous....Great riding...Superpipe of course.....and therefore one of the most fun weekends I have had on a snowboard trip.  And I've had more than can I remember.

I've never had any official park training.  I know what I know from watching others and trial and error.  2 bad broken bones to prove that.  Other than that, I would kill to ride in the summer and progress my riding.

Because I didn't win the trip to Washington...LOL

But really I should win because I would give 110% when given an opportunity like this.  Put the nerves and BS aside and progress.  I wouldn't be afraid to try new things or change/tweak the way I'm currently doing something.  I take direction and coaching very well and get along with everyone I meet.

Win a superpipe contest of anykind.
2. Help change our "worst in Ohio" park.
Enter our Big Air contest next season.

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2010 at 5:24pm
hey thanks idshredhead .. yeah pebble is pretty lame but i dont ever ride there anyways haha when you are as broke as me you have to get creative... 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>