0 Staff | 7 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 392,079 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > The Board Room

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Womens Board Reviews (2010 / 2011 / 2013)

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <123

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lilymc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lilymc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Womens Board Reviews (2010 / 2011 / 2013)
    Posted: Feb/22/2011 at 4:01am
I recently demoed the Ride OMG and the Rome Lofi rocker. Zoe, you were right, the OMG is a tank! it was amazingly stable with a nice flex Smile but the LoFi rocker was BY FAR my favorite!!! Still very stable but softer flex, I felt that my snowboarding ability improved by 10x just by riding this board for 2 hours! In fact, it made me so comfortable that I even ventured into the park for the first time Big smile I would certainly recommend this board for everyone to do anything!

I also loved the Madison, super comfy! I'm a Rome girl now...

BTW, I want to getting into ground tricks so I'm looking into a softer board that can still handle the groomers well, I probably will never get into rails or anything like that. I really liked the LoFi rocker but eying the DC Biddy (found a pretty good deal on it) and the SMF... I tried the Lipstick but I didn't like it, it felt too loose... What do you think?

ShredbettyZoe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2011 at 7:41am
Ive ridden the LoFi, its stiffer (In my opinion) then the Biddy and the SMF (smf is softer then the OMG by far).

I didnt write a review for the LoFi because I didnt feel like I had been on it long enough to write a review, I wasnt at my local hill and I think it deserves more time to have a review. That being said I remember exactly how it rode haha.

It definitely felt like a more all mountain board to me, I personally found it about the same in flex as the OMG... I wouldnt really call it a dedicated park board (maybe for jumps sure) but its not really a soft butter board.

it had great edge hold and was very fast... but I did feel like the board wasnt as 'fun', not very playful, I felt like it was kind of wide, and hence slower edge to edge. I guess it just had elements that I dont prefer as a rider - but I would definitely NOT say this board is bad! it was exceptional to ride. I still very much recommend it to people and Im stoked you got to try it out and loved it :-)

Rome are great people making great product!
lilymc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lilymc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2011 at 2:27am
Thanks for your comments :) I have a Nitro Fate 149, so I guess they all felt much softer by comparison! hahahaha Funny how the OMG (147)  felt stiffer than the LoFi (146), maybe something to do with the shape? or maybe I was just tired by the time I tested the OMG... 

I was bummed that DC didn't show up for the test day, I really wanted to try the Biddy! Capita is not that popular in France so it'll be hard to find the SMF Confused I guess I'm just afraid to get a board that will feel unstable (as I like the 'tanks')

oh, decisions decisions...
insemnia View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote insemnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2011 at 3:07am
Thanks for the advice.  Maybe I'll just try to sell my small men's board for cheap, and put the money towards a board for her.
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2011 at 4:49am
Originally posted by lilymc

Thanks for your comments :) I have a Nitro Fate 149, so I guess they all felt much softer by comparison! hahahaha Funny how the OMG (147)  felt stiffer than the LoFi (146), maybe something to do with the shape? or maybe I was just tired by the time I tested the OMG... 

I was bummed that DC didn't show up for the test day, I really wanted to try the Biddy! Capita is not that popular in France so it'll be hard to find the SMF Confused I guess I'm just afraid to get a board that will feel unstable (as I like the 'tanks')

oh, decisions decisions...
I dont think you should get the SMF then, it is NOT a tank. its choppy at any kind of 'highspeed' it does not plow through rough terrain and does not have the kick that I think you are looking for. The biddy was a nice cruising board, although again it felt similar in flex to the OMG, maybe a tad softer. I think. anyway the SMF is mostly a park dedicated board and that means its not a tank hehe. Should maybe keep looking :-)
lilymc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lilymc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2011 at 7:07am
Thanks for the advice Wink

I might just go for the 143 Biddy... sounds like a smaller board that it's not a noodle could be a happy medium! Although to be safe, will keep researching LOL Have you tried the Saturnia?
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2011 at 4:46pm
Yea. its comparable to all those, the OMG, Biddy, Lo-fi... i find the're all kind of similar in some aspects. I liked it. You could add it to your list to check out if you get a chance. If you liked the others you'd probably enjoy that one too.

its nice that you know what you want in a board, and you can find the right one by trying them out - it just sucks when you dont have the opportunity to get on the board and see for yourself.

Just because I wrote a review about some boards - doesn't mean everyone will agree with it, nor have the same taste in boards as I.

It's definitely some food for thought and a good reference, but if you already know what you like in a board it can be hard to base that on someone else's review

Hope you find the right one :-D
lilymc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote lilymc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2011 at 2:15am
I agree that it's all down to personal preference, but reading other (more experienced) rider's reviews helps a lot to narrow it down! Big smile 

Honestly, I have to figure out how much stability I would sacrifice for flex, but I think I'll stay away from the park-specific boards and will focus on the all-mountain/freestyle ones on small sizes. It's already an achievement to figure that out! Wink

Thanks again!

Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2011 at 5:06am
No problem :-) good luck!
kbaier View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote kbaier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2011 at 1:33pm
Conditions: ontario grooomed runs with icy patches
Weight: 130 Height: 5'4"

So I just demoed the Rome Lo-fi rocker 146. My first impression of this board was fast! It's a stable board, with great pop for olling off ridges, and twin shape made it easy to ride switch (obviously). The board held well on the icy patches I hit and carving was definitely edge to edge. One thing I didn't like was that it didn't seem to flex much into carves, but based on the reviews above I was also expecting a bit softer flex. But overall great choice for Ontario riders. I would have liked to try this board in a 144 to compare for different flex/size

So now Zoe I'm wondering, you mentioned this board is similar to the ride OMG. But based on the reviews above, I gotta little confused is the OMG stiffer or softer then the Lo-fi? As well, in regards to size I am thinking of getting the OMG in the 147...however I'm almost wondering about going to a 144 in the OMG for a little more flex if it is stiffer then the Lo-fi...your thoughts? I'm usually on groomers unless I go to another hill where the park is open (ours is closed during the week...yeppie:( )

Ride Local!
Christina

Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2011 at 6:17pm
The OMG might be a tad softer, but its not a soft board in my opinion. The Lo-Fi is also not a soft board in my opinion either. That's why you can ride them faster ... they are more stable at those speeds which is awesome. I just find the OMG has a better flex overall. To me it was the perfect flex for a fast all mountain board that had awesome pop I found.

I didnt find the Lo-Fi had a lot of that pop, but I dont remember it as well as other board's ive demoed so I dont want to say too much about it. I would really have to ride both again to give any kind of good comparison on the flex in each.

I'd say the Lo-Fi and Saturnia are also similar, you might also want to check that one out too if you can.
RoseBud View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
POW kickin my butt

Quote RoseBud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2011 at 6:03pm
Rode the OMG today for the first time. . . . . I'm in love Smile
Like everything else in snowboarding, it's all preference!
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 11:45am
Big smile so nice eh!
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2011 at 6:30pm
bumping just in the hope that a) zoe, jenn or hana pop back with new reviews (or anyone for that matter), and b) because it shouldnt disappear anyway :p
m00m
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2011 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by ippollite

bumping just in the hope that a) zoe, jenn or hana pop back with new reviews (or anyone for that matter), and b) because it shouldnt disappear anyway :p

You reminded me...I did demo 2 boards recently in March.  The conditions were very slushy since it hit 60 on the mountain.  Neversummer was at my local resort for demos and seeing all the hype these boards get I thought I should give them a try.  They're ok, but nothing I really want. 

NS Infinity - this is their all mountain board.  I rode the 145 NS Infinity which is the same size as my Roxy Ollie Pop 145 with the same bindings.  I rode it in slush conditions even though it was in early March and it cut through the slush like nothing.  I usually ride a full reverse camber board so this is another take of the hybrid cambers available.  It's pretty solid ride, it felt like a tank and because it felt like a tank, boy did the board feel really heavy.  I just could not get over the fact on how heavy this board felt.  If I'm going down a run really fast, then this board will be good because it's just stable, but when I wanted to maneuver it for anything, I was just reminded of how heavy this board was.  I was trying to swing this board around to 180 onto a box and it felt heavy.  I could still maneuver it just fine, but the heavy feeling just was not winning me over.  It's a beautiful board, but it just wasn't for me.  So my impression of this board was: sturdy but heavy.

NS Pandora - got to demo the 146, but was really hoping for a 143.  The rep recommended I try this one since I mentioned how heavy the NS Infinity felt for me.  I took the 146 out and played around on it and I enjoyed this ride a bit more than the Infinity since it was indeed lighter and flexier.  I don't remember much else since it's already been a month and half and I didn't take any notes.     
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
humdingaling View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2011 at 8:09pm
has anyone tried out them bitch board binders?

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side..
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2011 at 7:43pm
did the infinity feel heavy then? You weren't very clear :p
m00m
lilsmiles View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote lilsmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2011 at 5:39am
Bumping this in hopes of getting more opinions. This is a great thread btw, all the boards I was looking at were mentioned in here. So thank you for all your reviews!! 

I'm seriously considering getting the 2011 Ride OMG or 2011 Rome LoFi Rocker. They both sound very similar so I'm really torn. Currently I ride a 2009 Burton Troop 146 but I was thinking of going down to 144 OMG 143 LoFi just because I wanted to do more butters, ollies tricks in general and maybe some park. I know they're both good all around boards but I'm wondering if the stability will be sacrificed by going one size down. Lastly, is there a big difference from the 2011 vs 2012? I know the Rome LoFi rocker 2012 won a good wood award but nothing on the 2011. I can't really justify paying full price for a 2012 right now. I don't need the latest and greatest, just want to be able to take it to the next level. But if there is a huge gap between the 2012 models then I would consider waiting or even looking at other boards. 
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 7:22pm
Bump for the ladies. reviving my gear thread.

I'll update if I ride anything new this year.

My current decks are the 138 Vspot, 143 SMF, and 144 OMG - still loving all of them. Very happy with my quiver : )
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 8:23pm
I'll update with my quiver:

138 sierra v spot
145 roxy ollie pop
146 capita saturnia

Been mostly riding the saturnia all last season.  Back on camber now.
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2013 at 1:49pm
If there's any ladies looking for some solid picks for this winter here are some of my favs for the season:

Bataleon Distortia (with switchback bindings) definitely a fun ride, this board has TBT (Triple base technology) which basically means the edges of the board are lifted and dont contact the snow. I felt like this really gave the board a 'rolly' feeling when riding, my first run I was sure I didnt like it, but it didnt take long for me to fall in love. I am sold on the TBT - although it feels very different - I like it. The boards got lots of great pop which was fun for launching off rollers on the hill and side hits, easy edge to edge, great hold - with the TBT you have to 'get over' the fact that you have to get the board to its edge - once its there it will hold, you wont just keep 'rolling' haha. The most fun I think I had on this board though was just flat out front boarding on nothing down the hill... Thank you TBT that was never fun until now. I think this board will put smiles on gals faces everywhere!! **Board is similar to the Lobster Jibboard**

As for the switchbacks, *DROOL* this is my new fav binding, more so then the Unions and the Flux's... exceptional fit, great hold, simple easy to use and adjust, great colors, and fun idea... good brand I would be happy to support.

Roxy Banana Smoothie (with Union Milans) I demoed this board in CO years ago, I think its in my first post..... and I strongly disliked it. I decided to give it another go though, and HOLY MOLY! LOVE IT!!! I really enjoyed the magnatraction this time round, dont know if it's my one personal riding style that has changed or the construction, or something else but this board felt great, fast, fun, popy, grippy, super solid ride, easy to carve, I like the C2 profile it all felt wonderful (But I did bring it back to take the Distortia out again). 2nd Fav for this season and I really dig the graphic.

As for the Milans, I wish they packed the punch I want them to but they dont, dont get me wrong these are great bindings and I definitely recommend them - I would just personally chose something else... or am still on the hunt for something better fitting/more comfortable and supportive then Unions *AHEM.switchbacks.AHEM
Hoping to either pick up both this year, or one...

Also still in the quiver:
156 Charlie Slasher,
144 Ride OMG,
143 Capita SMF,
138 Sierra V-spot

To be determined, waiting to hear back and see if I will be adding a 154 Whitegold Shaka to my pack : ) and some of those wonderful Switchbacks.

euhm last but not least I demoed the Capita Birds of a feather, and was terrribly disappointed :-( I love this brand and always back them but this board fell totally flat to my ideas of something 'fun to ride'... I didn't like one thing about it (except the amazing graphic it boasts). I'll just sum it up with it wasnt my cup of tea.

milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2013 at 8:31pm
Are those switchbacks women's bindings or are you just riding a smaller men's binding?
)(nfinit)( View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
ht sunset

Quote )(nfinit)( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2013 at 10:48am
x_X
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2013 at 1:38pm
It's their womens pro model (also customizable with other womens parts)
milutinho View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote milutinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2013 at 2:32pm
thanks zoe...and yes infinity i did go to the site and saw they had womens bindings but wasnt sure if she was riding the womens or mens.
2zz View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote 2zz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2013 at 12:32pm
Thx Zoe for this thread.
I'm a male rider but women's gears fit my size and style of riding better. Male gears are usually just a hair too big for me or don't have my size or fit me.
I'm currently on Ride Canvas, Signal Vita Rocker, Union Rosa, and Vans Veil. I'll update the reviews when I have time later.
11 Rome Artifact Rocker 147 / 12 Signal Vita Rocker 147 / 11 Ride Canvas 144 / 13 Union Rosa
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123