Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2011: "what does everybody plan on riding..."
    Posted: Feb/05/2010 at 8:48pm
too early?

i am getting some 2011 burton cobrasharks (bindings) from dave downing soon.  not planning on switching back from union but those might be in the "quiver."  rest of my bindings will most likely be force SLs for something and forces on something else.  cobrasharks could replace the spot of contacts though.

for boards, i was thinking a capita black death FK or a yes GDOH since theyre stiffer with the camber mid section and rockered tips, but after all the stuff ive ridden in the last two years, i think a c2 style rocker is my personal "best" for an all around board.  love the playfulness of rocker but after tasting a little more camber, i forgot that i really do like a lot of the cambered feel.. but not completely.  saw 2011 lib today in person and i think the phoenix or lando is the one.  comes in a 160, not too wide, c2, a bit stiffer, and the mtx is a lot more mellow which is great for me because i dont really like magnetraction.  either that or the TRS 59 cause its c2 next year, but if the mtx isnt mellow enough, its a no-go.

for my pow board, id love the new charlie.  sintered base and carbon x for the same 399?  so sick.  and for a jibber, horrorscope still.  might just keep mine.  has the new core which i like and i really hardly ride those boards so i might as well keep it.

boots.... more nike zoom forces.

outerwear, im WAY stoked on 2011 analog especially after going through the whole line today at the clinic.  planning on the greed jacket in cardinal red in XL and i dont know what i want for pants.  i also want something more waterproof.  maybe some 20k AG but who knows.
taiguy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
no insta-death

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2010 at 9:29pm
if I can grab a DH2 at the end of the season probably that. otherwise i'll be hopping on my '09 sl-r for my main go-to.
Swift View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Having fun in the Evo

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2010 at 9:49pm
Im getting a Bataleon Evil Twin as soon as they are released for my usual board. Have been wanting one for a long time now am going to finally cross over to the TBT side! Im also thinking im going to get a stairmaster as a rail board as they are great value and being so cheap i wont mind roughing it up a bit.

Like you spenser i was thinking about the Nike boots as from what i hear they are a good boot. Im still jumping between boot brands trying to find one i really like. No such luck yet!
Dingo stole my baby!
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2010 at 9:54pm
try as many boots on as you can.. if they dont fit, nothing else matters.
ShredbettyZoe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2010 at 10:14pm
I think I'm gonna pick up a Ride OMG and possibly some Flux GU30's or something similar ... I was pretty stoked on both of those.

I would really like a puffy... I was originally looking at this jkt

any suggestions for sick wmns puffy??? Wink
Swift View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Having fun in the Evo

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2010 at 10:24pm
Wow... that is very bright! I have always liked the down jackets DC make. I'd assume the same would go for the womens DC jackets?

Yeah all the boots i try fit good at the time but its only after a day or two i start to have issues, nothing major but still looking for that perfect boot. Not problem though just gotta keep on buying and selling!

Dingo stole my baby!
BananaMonster View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2010 at 10:37pm
Looking to get the 2011 Rome 390 Boss bindings.

The asymmetrical highbacks and Vrod baseplates add some new technology to an already killer binding .
Mcpullish View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 12:09am
Hopefully I'll be rocking a 2011 Capita Indoor 158 with some union forces.
Black BNR32 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 5:46am
I'll probably snag a puffy of some sort for an everyday jacket and I MIGHT look into a slightly stiffer boot/binding combo like CO2s/vans wiig.
The Chez View Drop Down
Local
Local
Graffiti in Barçelona

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 5:58am
I just got my Indoor Survival FK 160 in the Sierra wrapping yesterday. That's
going to be my board for next season. I really like the flex that the board has. I
think it's going to be just fine.
Maybe I'll pick up some Unions, but I'm pretty happy with my FrankenSalomons that I've been using for 5 years now.
I like them so much that I hate the CO2's that I bought a while back.
I have a great sense of humour. I'm also entitled.
kimchijajonshim View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 8:13am
Originally posted by xyian

I just got my Indoor Survival FK 160 in the Sierra wrapping yesterday. That's
going to be my board for next season. I really like the flex that the board has. I
think it's going to be just fine.
Maybe I'll pick up some Unions, but I'm pretty happy with my FrankenSalomons that I've been using for 5 years now.
I like them so much that I hate the CO2's that I bought a while back.
Kind of nice to see I wasn't the only one stoked of my mind on CO2s.  I've owned a couple pairs expecting/hoping to love them and been underwhelmed.

I'm pretty set with my quiver as is right now, an SL for days out west and up north, a Sierrascope for screwing around / everyday in the local bunny hills.

Buuut if I could find the right price, I could be swayed on a YES GDOH or a Capita BSOD in a 160-ish.

As far as bindings, the 390 Boss has my interest piqued, but I will probably stay with the 09 Forces and the 10 Contact SLs I picked up from Sierra.

Boots, my Forum Verdicts are holding up strong and are a perfect flex for me, so no issues there.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
The Chez View Drop Down
Local
Local
Graffiti in Barçelona

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 9:51am
Yeah Kimchi, I bought the CO2s on a good deal from Sierra and realized they just weren't the messiah I expected of $300+ binders. I've also learned that I really like soft freestyle stuff. Maybe my riding has changed(the fact that I'm a total puss in the park hasn't) but I like the softer stuff. The CO2s were just too stiff. I'm learning that responsiveness = stiff. Freestyle = soft. Basically, I felt like I was working too much. I just wanted to have fun. Isn't that why we're all there?
kimchijajonshim View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Bear Hugs!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 9:59am
Yea.  For me, I dug them from a performance standpoint, but I wasn't blown away as I'd hoped given the tech and the pricepoint.  The bigger issue was that they gave me some wicked foot pain.  I almost always get some pain over my inner navicular over my lead foot regardless of the binding, but stiffer Burtons seem to make it flare up way worse when it's there.  Burton has some new straps that came out this past year (the cored out one on the higher end EST binders and the assymetrical park one), so I might give them another shot in coming years, but we'll see.
ROLL ON, BISHES.
NickinChicago View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Halloween

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 10:25am
I want to check out the Sherlock next season depending on where I end up and what I will be riding.

Still want to end up with a Sierrascope as well. If I end up with a scope I might end up just riding that and the v rocker for a while though.
truflow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 10:32am
i'm going with the CAPiTA SMF with some ride banditas.   i got really into park riding this year and i'm looking for a noodle to complement my riding. 
808Grown View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 10:46am
I'm super stoked on the restricted Malavitas with winged high-backs, definitely willing to drop some money on those. Also interested in maybe a pair of Custom ESTs with Megabed Airs or Mega Cantbeds and a set of Union ISC discs (hoping they aren't too expensive!)

Board wise I'm pretty set, although a YES or a Burton Whammy Bar would be a decent investment.

K8sgotgame View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 10:50am
I'm not super stoked on anything at the moment.  Will probably stick with the Sscope and Pusher as my regular boards.  I am likely to be doing a Thursday night race team next season (4 person teams with ski/board mix), so if I do I will pick up a stiff tapered board for that.  Otherwise, no real plans as of yet!
truflow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 11:00am
808 what is the deal with capita and est binders?  i may end up picking up a pair of them too.  i'm not really feeling the molotovs i bought this year for my lipstick and would love to try a different brand.  do you know if they are making womens bindings or are they limiting them to only a couple styles?
BFBF View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 11:02am
If the initial reviews come back as positive --- Jones mountain twin for sure.
truflow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 11:03am
just kidding i dont think it was capita coming out with them but union.  either way anyone know anything about this?
808Grown View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 11:07am
Union is coming out with discs that will mount properly with new 2011 Burton Channel hardware. All Union bindings should work with the disc and will be able to mount to all Burton ICS boards. From what I can gather, the new 2011 hardware for the channel will only work with new EST bindings but can still be mounted on pre-2011 boards so that you can use new bindings on old boards.

truflow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 11:13am
thanks for the info.  so it's true burton is changing the channel system?
808Grown View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 11:20am
I don't think the channel itself is changing, just the hardware. From their normal catalog, Burton has listed only three women's est bindings for 2011: Escapade EST, Lexa EST, and Scribe EST. I'd definitely take a look at a pair of Union bindings.
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 12:10pm
wonder if EST is selling well
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by 808Grown

I don't think the channel itself is changing, just the hardware. From their normal catalog, Burton has listed only three women's est bindings for 2011: Escapade EST, Lexa EST, and Scribe EST. I'd definitely take a look at a pair of Union bindings.
channel is a little wider.  hardware is flipped (male end is on top now) and its flatter.  also just different all around.

you wont be able to use old channel hardware on the new channel, but theres some crossover where it still works.. i forget.  i dont have the hardgoods catalog with me so i dont remember 100% right now.
taiguy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
no insta-death

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 12:54pm
so burton seriously just made everyone buy new bindings to work with their ICS boards. now they're totally making people buy new bindings again for an updated channel. wow.
The Chez View Drop Down
Local
Local
Graffiti in Barçelona

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by taiguy

so burton seriously just made everyone buy new bindings to work with their ICS boards. now they're totally making people buy new bindings again for an updated channel. wow.
And the masses continue to drink the Kool-Aid, especially on the East Coast...
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 12:58pm
i dont think so.  the channel on the sides of the ESTs looked the same to me and from the pictures i have, it seems the same.. both hardware types should work.. its about the hardware/board compatibility, not hardware/binding.

the new channel has a different shape where the t-bolt goes in that doesnt allow the old hardware to fit, or something like that.  they gave us this little card that shows the compatibilities but i dont remember it off the top of my head.

edit: this is to the best of my memory.. i could be wrong on some parts, but i tried to avoid saying anything that i really wasnt sure of.
808Grown View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by spenser

Originally posted by 808Grown

channel is a little wider.  hardware is flipped (male end is on top now) and its flatter.  also just different all around.
you wont be able to use old channel hardware on the new channel, but theres some crossover where it still works.. i forget.  i dont have the hardgoods catalog with me so i dont remember 100% right now.

Ahh, you're right. Missed that part on the hardgoods catalog. There is a transition kit for pre-2011 bindings to work on 2011 boards. Straight from the catalog: "The kit includes two retro discs for compatibility with Burton disc bindings, as well as a full set of the M6 Transition hardware for compatibility with both Burton disc and EST bindings."

Wonder if old hardware works with new bindings on old boards... God, this is seriously confusing.
xxsweet_jen24xx View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 1:52pm
I am going to be rocking my 2010 Capita SMF FK 149 and my 2010 Capita Sierrascope 152 with my 2010 Union Force bindings again next year. I am absolutely head over heals in love with both boards, so there is really no reason to buy anything else.

As for my boots, I am going to pick up another pair of women's ThirtyTwo Lashed exactly like the ones I already have. They are the best boots I have ever owned, I love them to no end. The only reason I need a new pair is because my Capita Death Edges have sort of destroyed the top of my left boot to the point that a couple of the eyelets for the laces are almost completely shredded. Gonna have to stop resting my board on my foot, or get some lace protectors or something to keep that from happening to the new pair.
I killed Pat... again!
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 2:09pm
im getting an early release 2012 capita indoor masterscope fk
dance like no one's watching
Dice View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by ShredbettyZoe

I think I'm gonna pick up a Ride OMG and possibly some Flux GU30's or something similar ... I was pretty stoked on both of those.

I would really like a puffy... I was originally looking at this jkt but never found it

any suggestions for sick wmns puffy??? Wink

Zoe... don't knwo where you shop usually, but try Sports Experts downtown (on st-catherine st.)! They seemed to have sooo many selections & colors from all brands. I was looking for green and they had much more than most of the other stores I've been to. 20-30% off now as well. Wink Anyway, hope it helps. Good luck.

Cheers...
PEOPLE ARE ALL THE SAME… THEY ALL THINK THEY ARE DIFFERENT!!! -------- GEAR: Palmer Timeless 164, Nitro Haze 156, Burton T6 164, Ride Machete 161W (LE), Burton P1.1, Burton C60, Union Force SL, K2 DB T1 (boots)
cswenson21 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 2:46pm
Rossignol Magtek.  I got a buddy who's sponsored by them.  This board with have the magnatraction, serated edge, as well as the amptek reverse camber (but not totally, reg. or neutral camber between bindings and reverse camber beyond).  Suposed to be an amazing ride! 
always wear a helmet
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 2:47pm
^^ thats from Ride... I cant find it anywhere online (Sold out everywhere) (just looked it up online and found a couple.. haha not sure i even want it now though) I might just wait until next winter to see what comes out ;-P I'm not driving to MTL to buy a jkt haha (I live near Ottawa).

I kinda want this instead now...

I love airblaster <3 *sigh*
The Chez View Drop Down
Local
Local
Graffiti in Barçelona

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by xxsweet_jen24xx

I am going to be rocking my 2010 Capita SMF FK 149 and my 2010 Capita Sierrascope 152 with my 2010 Union Force bindings again next year. I am absolutely head over heals in love with both boards, so there is really no reason to buy anything else.

As for my boots, I am going to pick up another pair of women's ThirtyTwo Lashed exactly like the ones I already have. They are the best boots I have ever owned, I love them to no end. The only reason I need a new pair is because my Capita Death Edges have sort of destroyed the top of my left boot to the point that a couple of the eyelets for the laces are almost completely shredded. Gonna have to stop resting my board on my foot, or get some lace protectors or something to keep that from happening to the new pair.
Everyone's gettin me all riled up to try my Capita. They seem to have a really good rep round these parts. I'm hoping that the base and board hold up.
dylanpipe View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 3:13pm
im proablly going to buy a capita stairmaster, or horrorscope, something. maybe another pair of union contacts. and new pants or jacket
days:60
riding on ice, filming on ice
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 3:41pm
Here's a 2011 Airblaster Women's Puffy

The Chez View Drop Down
Local
Local
Graffiti in Barçelona

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by K8sgotgame

I'm not super stoked on anything at the moment.  Will probably stick with the Sscope and Pusher as my regular boards.  I am likely to be doing a Thursday night race team next season (4 person teams with ski/board mix), so if I do I will pick up a stiff tapered board for that.  Otherwise, no real plans as of yet!
You need the speed suit as well. Never forget the speed suit!Big smile
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 4:02pm
HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! thank you faceplant! hihi. Got anymore 2011 airblaster diddies?
dylanpipe View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 4:20pm
Does anyone else have some more 2011 Airblaster mens outerwear pics/ descriptions?
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 4:25pm
dylanpipe View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 4:36pm
thanks spenser
360faceplant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 4:41pm
This isn't in English, but it has everything, including women's.  Just click on the pics to enlarge them.

Instructor
Instructor
<3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 4:46pm
ouh i dig the ladies pullover!

stoked they brought back the yeti sweaters!

and of course the air hoodies :-) I'm totally digging mine!
spenser View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 4:52pm
im a fan of the parker pieces
RomeRocker View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 5:14pm
i'm planning on getting a 2011 Rome Artifact 1985 mid season

the 2010 is the funnest board i've ever ridden and i hear the 2011 is supposed to be even better, plus the graphic is rad
frigidowg View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Spring Break 2k9

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 5:49pm
I plan on sticking with the 2010 horrorscope, couldn't ask for a more fun stick
crispy5 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 8:20pm
As of now, I have no plans to get any 2011 gear.

Then again, I may have thought the same thing about 2010 gear at the end of last season.  So far I've picked up a couple 2010 bindings as well as an 2009 board.

No matter where you go, there you are.
Jdsimmons2 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 10:08pm
Beat me to it this year spenser, that thread that is...jk

I plan on being on a NS SL or Heritage, 2011 of course, for my all mountain everything board. More likely than not, picking up some new Unions, I'm really digging the Blue and Yellow Forces.   Might get both and do a mix and match of them and have 3 sets of Unions, those and my current Data Team/Green Force mix up that my buddy has the other half of.

I NEED to get a "jib" board.  If not, I'll be using my 2007 Burton Jussi 154 or my 2009 Never Summer Evo-R 151.  Thinking about getting rid of my current Evo and getting a newer one that's a 153 as my pure jibber/park board. Might get something without camber though for a more loose, playful ride like a Horrorscope.

Then I should probably get a new pow board.  Something with rocker, maybe a Charlie.  And just use my current 2007 Custom 162 for HARD CHARGING fun.  I'm thinking like maybe a NS Raptor or Premier or something along those lines... or that Charlie

I've been super stoked on Never Summer's Rocker & Camber thus far.  I should really work on trying some other stuff though, maybe k2 or something like that. I like NS's because it's gots both Camber and Rocker.  I could try a Yes board.
More likely than not, it won't be a Burton I get next year because they've run their course for me.  Always stoked on my Jussi, and my Custom is pretty fun, but I'm just not too stoked on their new stuff any more.  I do like Burton bindings still though.

I am in desperate need of new boots next year because I've got about 80 days on my Ions right now and plan on at least another 20 on 'em.  100 days on a pair of boots...I think they've served me purty darn well.  I should get into the shop and try some new stuff on before season is out.
Jdsimmons2 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2010 at 10:11pm
And no spenser, it is not too early to start thinking about this stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>