Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
determined View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tron Legacy Trailer
    Posted: Jun/29/2010 at 11:10am
Burton and disney colab for the hardcore tron fanatics.

Be the envy of all the tron goers when you wear these to your local cinema!

http://www.freshnessmag.com/2010/06/24/disney-x-burton-tron-snowboard-boots/

Disney x Burton Tron Snowboard Boots
ianbejamin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2010 at 11:15am
It may be geeky but i think those boots are pretty kickass haha
dcdomain View Drop Down
Local
Local
Citizen Chan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2010 at 11:19am
trosy View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2010 at 11:25am
Piechar View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2010 at 11:38am
Same as a few other people, I don't remember Tron as a kid. It looks nice though. Looking forward to it.
http://ride.searchpw.com/refer/iceking
Razkul99 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Board Loiter...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2010 at 8:00pm

My anticipation for the new Tron movie got the best of me and I found myself playing the old school arcade game at the local "Nickelcade."  

Still entertaining after all these years...
Shake and bake...
skron View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2010 at 2:54am
gonna rewatch the old school tron a few times before this hits theatres late this year..
classic!
eldolocal68 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2010 at 3:00am
should i tell you how old i am...i saw the old tron in the theater, and at the drive in theater to boot.
vanpet View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2010 at 3:34am
The coolest trailer I ever see.
I think it will be a great moive.
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2010 at 4:47am
i remember the original, this seems to do it justice, but will have to w8 and see the actual movie heh
dcdomain View Drop Down
Local
Local
Citizen Chan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2010 at 12:27pm
Article on how it wasn't a trailer per-say but a prototype.

http://www.creativereview.co.uk/cr-blog/2010/june/tron-legacy-how-all-movies-will-be-made

Why the forthcoming Tron Legacy is not a film but an 'entertainment property' that has 'repurposed assets' to create its own highly lucrative 'storyworld'

This is not a trailer. Instead it is a 'prototype'. At least it is according to Ed Ulbrich ofDigital Domain whose company developed it in collaboration with Disney and director Joseph Kosinksi.

Ulbrich was speaking at last week's PromaxBDA conference in Los Angeles. Tron Legacy, he seemed to be suggesting, was a blueprint for a new way of creating entertainment that would bring together film, games, theme park rides and brands. This is already happening of course, but the making of Tron reveals how the processes and thinking of Hollywood have changed.

Most films start with a script, a story someone wanted to tell. The Tron sequel, it seems, started with a business problem. The screenwriters' strike of 2007 had left studios with no new product. To fill the gap, Disney started examining its archives to see what it could remake and Tron seemed to fit the bill.

But instead of writing a script, it was decided that the first thing needed was a 'prototype' – a short film that would give potential investors and partners an idea of what the film would look like. This is what Digital Domain and its partners made (shown above).

Ulbrich described its purpose as to 'mitigate investor risk'. With a traditional screenplay you are asking potential investors to imagine what the final thing will look like based on words on a page and trust that it all turns out fine. With Tron, they could show people what they were going to get or, in Ulbrich's words, they could "assess content opportunities by viewing sample material".

The prototype was thus used to raise money, get brands involved, sign up distributors and so on. It was also the starting point for the other properties to be developed around Tron - the game and so on. No more will the game be developed in response to the film - the two can now be developed side by side.

Ulbrich sees this as a future model for Digital Domain, even creating a spin-off company, Mothership, to do handle this kind of project. Which is where things get interesting for CR readers, because this is exactly the kind of thing that ad agencies have been talking about for years - creating some kind of IP which can then be sold to investors and partners that would combine entertainment with brand messages.

Which is all very clever but is it really any way to create great films? At the risk of sounding hopelessly old fashioned, surely great films come from great stories, great direction, great acting and great editing - in that order. Yes, Hollywood has always been about making money but popular and populist films still (usually) had great stories at their heart.

After the vacuous nonsense of Transformers, the film of the toy, Tron feels like yet another step toward the hollowing out of filmmaking into a totally empty shell. Ulbrich showed a slide to illustrate the potential of this way of working on 'entertainment properties' in which an armada of brands circled a central creative concept like so many alien spaceships waiting to attack planet Earth. It all makes a lot of sense from a marketing point of view and will no doubt make a lot of people a lot of money (and bringing game designers into the process earlier will probably result in better games)...

... but I left Ulbrich's session feeling profoundly depressed.

gtr1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2010 at 12:30pm
damn those boots actually look pretty hot!. The Traon trailers looking good, I'm just trying not to get to hyped bout it before I see it. The original Tron was an ok movie though.
Dirtydragon View Drop Down
Local
Local
The Top oF Tahoe

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2010 at 3:21pm
oh god... Tron snowboarding boots = geek boner!  All you need now is to get the LED snowboard and you are on your way to tron heaven
eldolocal68 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2010 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Dirtydragon

oh god... Tron snowboarding boots = geek boner!  All you need now is to get the LED snowboard and you are on your way to tron heaven

damn, you are right, that would be so hot, then all you would need is an led helmet, skin tight body suit...all set for the slopes, and some awesome nite riding.
tp1_kenobi View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Top of the Volcano, New Zealand

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2010 at 2:54pm

So I just saw this movie (in 3D) yesterday and I have to say it was an audio and visual assault on my senses.   I wouldn't miss the 3D opportunity.

Yes, there are some plot holes, unexplained points, and cookie cutter characters, but overall the movie has that IT factor.  The soundtrack by Daft Punk is solid and blares your ears off.  Great stuff for any of you that were raised in the 80's and familiar with the original content. 

If you haven't seen it you won't be disappointed.  Clap

Geek on!

*Oh, and I will be seriously shopping those new Burton/Tron collab boots and hope to god that I've got some light trails as I board down the mountain! Embarrassed

TheLuckster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2010 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by determined

Burton and disney colab for the hardcore tron fanatics.

Be the envy of all the tron goers when you wear these to your local cinema!

http://www.freshnessmag.com/2010/06/24/disney-x-burton-tron-snowboard-boots/

Disney x Burton Tron Snowboard Boots
I think Disney and Burton should make boards together too. I would definetly be interested in seeing that.
psubballfan12 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2010 at 4:58pm
^ yeah im not gonna lie i thought the boots would look pretty stupid, but im actually kinda liking them a little. Would I buy them though? Probably not haha
Protect your domes
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2010 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by psubballfan12

^ yeah im not gonna lie i thought the boots would look pretty stupid, but im actually kinda liking them a little. Would I buy them though? Probably not haha

I agreed with you when I first saw them, but after watching the movie, I want these boots BAD!  Only if they came out with a collab board with similar design aspects of the movie...
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2010 at 7:34pm
If this is gonna be a new trend with Burton and Disney then I hope they come out with some Lion King ones with a furry mane or some orange/white Finding Nemo's. lol.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2010 at 7:54pm
Dope! Are these limited editions and numbered?
ma3lstrom13 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 12:02am
haha those boots are pretty tight. look pretty close to the movie.

i just saw it btw. no spoilers in case any of you plan on seeing it.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 9:08am

Just saw Tron: Legacy last night in 2-d.  It was great fun and very entertaining!  I would def go back and see it again, esp if I get the chance to watch it in 3D.  Anybody else seen it?  What did you think?

NeonGray View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Insane MUCH-

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 9:16am
I'm deffinetly going to watch this movie!!!!! the first one wasn't that great but this one looks great.
Evilives View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Nuclear

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 9:18am
Those boots + The suit and Oakley Tron 3D Gascans=awesome

The movie was awesome, I loved how they didn't try to convert the 2D sections to 3D, because I hate when they do that, its terrible. Daft Punk making the entire soundtrack which I had about 3 weeks before it came out was sick, them actually having a part in the movie, badass.
MasonMason View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
I pimp with a cone on.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 9:33am
Originally posted by dcdomain

Article on how it wasn't a trailer per-say but a prototype.

http://www.creativereview.co.uk/cr-blog/2010/june/tron-legacy-how-all-movies-will-be-made

Why the forthcoming Tron Legacy is not a film but an 'entertainment property' that has 'repurposed assets' to create its own highly lucrative 'storyworld'

This is not a trailer. Instead it is a 'prototype'. At least it is according to Ed Ulbrich ofDigital Domain whose company developed it in collaboration with Disney and director Joseph Kosinksi.

Ulbrich was speaking at last week's PromaxBDA conference in Los Angeles. Tron Legacy, he seemed to be suggesting, was a blueprint for a new way of creating entertainment that would bring together film, games, theme park rides and brands. This is already happening of course, but the making of Tron reveals how the processes and thinking of Hollywood have changed.

Most films start with a script, a story someone wanted to tell. The Tron sequel, it seems, started with a business problem. The screenwriters' strike of 2007 had left studios with no new product. To fill the gap, Disney started examining its archives to see what it could remake and Tron seemed to fit the bill.

But instead of writing a script, it was decided that the first thing needed was a 'prototype' – a short film that would give potential investors and partners an idea of what the film would look like. This is what Digital Domain and its partners made (shown above).

Ulbrich described its purpose as to 'mitigate investor risk'. With a traditional screenplay you are asking potential investors to imagine what the final thing will look like based on words on a page and trust that it all turns out fine. With Tron, they could show people what they were going to get or, in Ulbrich's words, they could "assess content opportunities by viewing sample material".

The prototype was thus used to raise money, get brands involved, sign up distributors and so on. It was also the starting point for the other properties to be developed around Tron - the game and so on. No more will the game be developed in response to the film - the two can now be developed side by side.

Ulbrich sees this as a future model for Digital Domain, even creating a spin-off company, Mothership, to do handle this kind of project. Which is where things get interesting for CR readers, because this is exactly the kind of thing that ad agencies have been talking about for years - creating some kind of IP which can then be sold to investors and partners that would combine entertainment with brand messages.

Which is all very clever but is it really any way to create great films? At the risk of sounding hopelessly old fashioned, surely great films come from great stories, great direction, great acting and great editing - in that order. Yes, Hollywood has always been about making money but popular and populist films still (usually) had great stories at their heart.

After the vacuous nonsense of Transformers, the film of the toy, Tron feels like yet another step toward the hollowing out of filmmaking into a totally empty shell. Ulbrich showed a slide to illustrate the potential of this way of working on 'entertainment properties' in which an armada of brands circled a central creative concept like so many alien spaceships waiting to attack planet Earth. It all makes a lot of sense from a marketing point of view and will no doubt make a lot of people a lot of money (and bringing game designers into the process earlier will probably result in better games)...

... but I left Ulbrich's session feeling profoundly depressed.

Thanks for sharing this great review and site which I have definitely bookmarked.
The sentiment that this critic had is probably related to the reason as to why i fell asleep to the movie. I went this past friday and even tough I did go to a late showing, had reserved seating, paid extra for imax and 3-d it did nothing for me to stay up or be entertained enough alone on pretty lighting. The dialogue is absolutely terrible in this movie. Jeff Bridges is a great actor and I'm glad he has True Grit coming out along with this to salvage him. As for Olivia Wilde I love her in House, but am disappointed that this was her breakout movie. I can't remember a single good line she said and how could a sci-fi movie create such a bland character.
Every time I could feel a cheesy dialogue arise  or someone speak I would just close my eyes and let the pressure of the 3-d glasses sit back on me so I could nap. I only opened my eyes when I would be alarmed by the sound of action. And to be honest, with all this 3-d garbage now half way through the movie you forget that it's even 3-d and effects ware off. The only 3-d stuff now is the animated pixar movies for kids that are wayyyy more entertaining but again I can't help think how all this is just a way to mass produce other branded media to get parents to spend and kids to want. Takes the whole fun out of watching a movie at all now. 
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 11:34am
Mason,

Maybe you should've taken a nap before watching the movie...perhaps you would've gotten the story line and would have been less cranky Wink
winze View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 12:44pm
Loved the original as a kid, just hope this can live up to it. Will be seeing it in 3D :P
surgyon View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 12:48pm
I have a feeling its going to be good in 3D lame in 2D. I recently saw avatar in 2D on HBO saw it in 3D when it came out. movie just isn't as impressive.
kline83 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by surgyon

I have a feeling its going to be good in 3D lame in 2D. I recently saw avatar in 2D on HBO saw it in 3D when it came out. movie just isn't as impressive.

I normally am not a fan of 3D but if I would not have seen this at an IMAX 3D i just would not have enjoyed it as much. It was freaking awesome!!
djinhwan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2010 at 12:53pm
the movie was enjoyable, but those boots are not
my mom says im hardcore
not-ewrx View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2010 at 5:33am
Saw it last night.  It's a pretty good flick.  That chick is smoking.  I wish the used more Daft Punk through out the movie though.  Those where the best parts. 
My internet driving abilities are > YORE internet driving abilities.
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2010 at 5:52am
Originally posted by not-ewrx

Saw it last night.  It's a pretty good flick.  That chick is smoking.  I wish the used more Daft Punk through out the movie though.  Those where the best parts. 

wanted to watch ti last night also, and there was a line up, didnt understand why. then realized it was toonie tuesday or something. Made advance purchase for christmas day, hopefully nobody decides to do then :P
steezmastaflex View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2010 at 5:53am
thats pretty funny that Burton made those boots haha
ColaLover View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2010 at 9:56am
Sweet Movie..
Charb View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2010 at 10:28am
i saw the trailer. i liked it, i think it's going to be a very cool movie.
ma3lstrom13 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2010 at 10:36am
whats wrong with the boots. just see them as black and blue and orange boots.

no line when i went to the movie. its really high in box office hits though.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2010 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by not-ewrx

Download the itunes version and you get the tracks by Daft Punk, also there are maybe 2 to 3 tracks on the amazon.com version that's not released on itunes.  AND on top of that, they also have another 5 or so songs from their European release not on either the itunes or amazon websites.

Great soundtrack imo.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12