0 Staff | 10 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 394,006 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > Good Kharma Club - Free Stuff

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Topic ClosedPlease send a free snowboard in Greece!!!

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CANADIAN View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please send a free snowboard in Greece!!!
    Posted: Mar/17/2010 at 11:28am
Hello everybody! Nice to meet you guys! I am a beginner and new in this foroum, i found out about it by accident while i was looking for buying a snowboard with some saves which i am doing since last year! I also need many other staff like thermals and helmet but i can't keep paying rent for a snowboard, so i decided to buy those stuff after i buy a snowboard.
So heres my story....
I live in Greece-Athens and i was born in Canada, my dad and mom are Greek and they were emigrants in Canada and they got married there, after they gave me birth they came back to Greece when i was 2 years old. Since then nobody in the family got back there even for a trip (no money, no honey).
So my first experiance with snowboarding was at the age of 18, when with some friends just went on a day trip to a ski center to mountain Parnassos, i really still remember that day! I am 27 years old now and after all those years this season i got back there for snowboarding (or something like that since i never did snowboarding from that day again).
Guys...... i really love it, i am saving money and every saturday or sunday i am driving almost 3 hours just to get there with my girlfriend who is in the same situation as me (no snowboard, no bindings, no thermals, no helmet not even a decent pair of gloves) the only thing we got is a snowsuit and then we run out of money. That' s because prices here in Greece are very very expensive!
Example.... i am paying almost 100$ every time i go snowboarding for the lifts, the equipment rental and the gas! And don't forget that we are two (with my girlfriend) so the paying gets almost to 200$ every time we go for snowboarding and imagine that we are taking sandwiches with us to eat during the day so not to spend more money!
Something more....i went to a snowshop today and i saw the burton bullet, i asked the owner how much for that board without bindings, the shtooken Greek told me almost 450$ but i will get a better price since season is off so the price got to 400$!!! I just said thanks and run out of there with my head down!
I hate doing that but if someone can help me or my girlfriend with a freegiveaway (shipments are paid from us ofcourse) i will owe him a lifetime! Please help us to spend our savings in buying helmets and thermals and whatever is needed!
I am looking for a snowboard 1.58-1.61cm and my girlfriend 1.43-1.48. Or whatever you can give us since we can just ride it!

My wish is to win the sierra freegiveaway and one day to give that snowboard to someone who needs it more!

Thanks guys even for taking a look at my words and forgive me if my English sucks!
Give me some snow!
jibhugger View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2010 at 6:26pm
Im sorry dude, i cant help you but someone here has got to have an xtra board sitting around somewhere....cmon guys, bring it on
shagwag3n View Drop Down
Local
Local
Duck of Death

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2010 at 9:50am
hmmmm yeah, goodluck out there.
my images won't show up dammit
Marlon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2010 at 10:00am
help this guy out
legend136 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2010 at 10:06am
I don't have a snowboard like you, and I know how much it sucks. 
I'm Greek too Thumbs Up Both my parents are from Sparti 
Alexia
JohnnyMcDildo View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2010 at 10:18am
I think you should at least offer to pay for shipping costs to Greece if somebody does decide to donate you a snowboard.
They call me McD aka JohnnyMcDildo
craigalicious View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2010 at 10:22am
Originally posted by JohnnyMcDildo

I think you should at least offer to pay for shipping costs to Greece if somebody does decide to donate you a snowboard.

he did agree to that.  look more closely at his post.

CANADIAN View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2010 at 12:04pm
thanks guys for your words i wish sommeone to help me!
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2010 at 12:11pm
this site gives away snowboards every weekday..just be logged in at 3pm pacific standard time..maybe you'll be lucky!
CANADIAN View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2010 at 2:44pm
i am every single day!
seabass View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
doing some hiking to get some pow

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2010 at 5:23am
I've got an old Burton seven in pretty crappy condition...the steel edge is broken in one place, and I have some pretty bad rips in the base-layer, but I could send it over and you could see if you can ride it, I've been able to ride it since the breaking of the steeledge.
If you want I could PM you some pictures so you can see if you find it worth the hassle of sending it over. I live in Sweden so it's not really that far to send it down.
growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
CANADIAN View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2010 at 9:53am
sure man just send me some pictures! i hope this to workout!
chenmt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2010 at 10:03am
sierra is having mad sales now. i think they deliver international now too. it might be more expensive to ship (if not free), but a nitro team at $130 is cheap.

im in college and broke. it used to cost me about $100 to rent/lift ticket/gas to go up to vermont, nh, or maine to board. but eventually i saved up and bought some boards.

truth is, the sport is expensive. everyone on here spends the money for this because we all love it. to be honest, i think buying from sierra would be more worth your time. it costs a lot for a regular dude to ship stuff over there (SS should have discounted shipping)(and everything would be new!).

id also recommend against thermals and expensive snowboard brand clothes. all you need is a cheap waterproof jacket and pants. then just wear regular clothes inside it. its what i started out with and still do to this day! :)
CANADIAN View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2010 at 10:22am
you are right about all that staff, but taxes and duties and other things are almost 200$ for a board! a friend just bought one from sierra and he is still mad about it! so if someone could do a donation i would appreciate it, since i could give the money for the shippments! The cool thing is that the guy who offers the burton 7 lives in sweeden so i wont pay even taxes! i just wish he' ll send it to me!

Greece sucks!!!
Lets hope i'll find the way soon to go back to Canada!

P.S: i need a woman's snowboard also or something close to 1.44-1.48 even men's since my girlfriend is a rookie and there is not much difference!
CANADIAN View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2010 at 7:28am
still waiting a message from seabass!
Give me some snow!
CANADIAN View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 3:39am
still looking for those staff! anyone to help?
Give me some snow!
Vinno View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 4:18am
haha i don't mean to sound rude or anything, but seriously, try living in Australia, anytime i wanna go snowboarding it costs me at least a grand (have to drive almost 20hrs to find snow), and the most rubbish set up you can buy here will cost you another. Every extra dollar i make goes into the ski/surf fund, but don't feel sorry for me i wouldn't have it any other way.

dude if it costs you 100 bucks a trip, take 3 weeks off and you'll be able to buy your board!
etm View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 4:30am
Lay off the ouzo! Snowboarding is expensive you gotta cop it on the chin dude. Also you will find the sierra's shipping prices are so cheap that it will be cheaper to buy a couple of sierra crews for $99 each and get the cheap shipping than it will to get 2x free boards and pay shipping privately.
PS a lift ticket in australia costs $105 a day, no board hire no gas money so you are lucky you have it so cheap!
Vinno View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2010 at 9:34pm
yeah new plan people send your gear to us poor Aussies! Smile
libengazi View Drop Down
Local
Local
BS 180

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2010 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by etm

Lay off the ouzo! Snowboarding is expensive you gotta cop it on the chin dude. Also you will find the sierra's shipping prices are so cheap that it will be cheaper to buy a couple of sierra crews for $99 each and get the cheap shipping than it will to get 2x free boards and pay shipping privately.
PS a lift ticket in australia costs $105 a day, no board hire no gas money so you are lucky you have it so cheap!

I agree that it could be cheaper to buy new board from Sierra than paying shipping for old one.  The down side is that you'll have to pay taxes and duties over it...  but you'll get something much better for comparable price Wink
respect mountains
grunge View Drop Down
Local
Local
Thinkingman

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2010 at 11:51pm
All I can say is, if you really want to do it, you'll find a way. =)
I did.
And as Vinno said, stuff is FRICKIN' pricey in Australia too.
CANADIAN View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2010 at 2:15am
you are right dude about buying a new board and also, i can understand what happens in Australia, but a friend bought a nitro board and flow bindings through my account for 450$ with shippments, and he paid almost 250$ for taxes and duties and others!!!

thats because sierra shipps with Fedex and all those staff are going to customs! so i don' t have the money to buy a new one and pay all those taxes and other shit!
as about the prices....here in Greece for buying gear they are almost 2 times more, maybe three!

So Vinno and you other guys stop saying those things to me i understand you and i also need some help here! thanks again guys for responding and i hope someone to help me!
Give me some snow!
Jarryd View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2010 at 3:18am
Canadian what you could do is try and get your order shipped to a forwarding company.

so you get free shipping to the forwarding company in the US then the forwarding company marks it as a gift to you so it avoids taxes.

as far as my fellow australians go.

if you dont like the costs you could always hike the mountain instead of paying for a lift ticket, and seriosuly how often do they check you for tickets you could try and save the money and do a dodgy.

or go to Baw Baw

$50 lift tickets

yeeeeeeah

im plugging baw baw something shocking on here!
grunge View Drop Down
Local
Local
Thinkingman

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2010 at 3:46am
Jarryd, that you are.. I'm so there this season. =)

Canadian, maybe you can get someone who lives in the US to get it sent to you? Just a thought.
Otherwise you'll just have to get 2nd hand as it's easier to get someone to send it to you without all the troubles.

'Sides, I don't think there's any handouts coming to you soon unfortunately. =(
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2010 at 3:54am
why are you so insistent chief. getting a deck to greece is going to cost you WAY more than just buying one on the second hand market there. I aint kidding. 120 bucks to get my deck form the US to korea. Its just the deck - 4kgs. Now factor in the bindings and boots and anything else. Youre paying through the nose when you really will have much more chance of grabbing one somewhere near where you live. What you got? Ebay in italy, france, germany? Have a look there. If its under say 200 bucks for a used deck and bindings, youre probably saving yourself some cash. And thats what its all about for you, innit?
m00m
Vinno View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2010 at 3:58am
hahaha chill man we're just having a laugh!

but seriously you can post on here and plead all you like however unfortunately the only way you will get something worthwhile is if you save the money like i mentioned before If it costs you over a hundred bucks every time to go snowboarding, why not take a month or so off and put it towards a board?

there are a couple of great beginner boards for 100 bucks atm, you could get a set up for less than 250 and even if you pay another 250 tax thats only 5 weeks off the mountain and a board that will last you years!
grunge View Drop Down
Local
Local
Thinkingman

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2010 at 1:23pm
http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24717

There ya go.. hope it helps.
On a side note to the original post, I can only wish that fuel and lift pass in Oz costs $100.

Goodluck getting a board man.
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2010 at 1:47pm
Save money during the off season.  Pretend you're going snowboarding even when the mountain is closed and save up $100 a week.  If your season just goes from December to March let's say you would've saved up about $3200 (32 weeks x$100) which I assume will be more than enough for a board, binding, boots, and other things you need as long as you're not getting like a burton method or something.   

Btw $100 for lift tickets, gas, and rentals is the norm.  You better get used to it, snowboarding is not a cheap sport and you won't get much sympathy there if you are able to save up $100 a week.   
CANADIAN View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2010 at 2:41am
still looking for those staff! come on guys help me out!
Give me some snow!
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2010 at 5:54am
good luck in trying to win a board, but $100 a day for a lift ticket and rental is probably lower than most resorts people here ride.  
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
BVoZ View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2010 at 5:58am
i can sell you a board for cheap of you want. pm me back if your interested. 1 day of not riding = a new board
5nowflake View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2010 at 4:17pm
i was thinking the same thing about oz... =(
it's bloody hard trying to keep up with the costs of this sport... but you do what you gotta do...
for me... i spent a truckload on new gear at sierra (soooo cheap)... so it will be cheese toasties for dinner for a couple of weeks, until i get my head above water again... although i don't regret it one bit!!

i WISH australia had it so cheap!! lift tix, gear AND fuel =$100 !!
we have the option of 105 daily lift tix, or season pass over $1000, then to get to the snow we have to drive 5 hours... then accomodation prices add to that!!!

hey can someone send me some food vouchers!! =P
haha nah cheese and bread will do me fine!! haha
grunge View Drop Down
Local
Local
Thinkingman

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2010 at 5:16am
^ don't forget the fuel too for that... which is why I'm surprised that a 27 year old hasn't earnt themselves enough money to get themselves a board and gear.
But then again... I am making some assumptions based on what I was doing when I was 27. =P
nysostoked View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2010 at 5:22pm
Good story, I believe he should get a snowboard! I know people don't just give away boards but sierra does and maybe sierra could....
Keep riding
Marnz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Me

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2010 at 1:43am
Hey Canadian, just a suggestion, try pick up some ex rental gear! My bro picked up an ex rental dynastar board with flow bindings for 100 bucks!!! Btw fellow aussies, someone mentioned something about the lifties never checking tickets, it damn true, ive gone days where not one lofty checked my season pass! And a good thing about Mt Buller (Victoria for those who dont know where it is) is they offer a local school pass for us kids for $562. Id give you a board Canadian but it would cost tons to send out
Keep on Shreddin
CANADIAN View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2010 at 1:08pm
still looking..........
Give me some snow!
chungeroni View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2010 at 6:30pm
SIERRA HAS FREE INT'L SHIPPING!!! GOGOGOGO buy a SS board and you're set my friend
CANADIAN View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2010 at 12:05am
and what about the taxes my friend? i will pay half more the price of the board and the bindings!
Give me some snow!
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2010 at 12:09am
10,000 member points = free board!
CANADIAN View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2010 at 2:02pm
are you making fan of me? how should i get them?   
Give me some snow!
CANADIAN View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2010 at 3:39pm
come on guys........pls help!
Give me some snow!
phattiee View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2010 at 4:11pm
Yeah dude just do what chungeroni suggested. Sierra has alot of great boards at awesome prices. And snap especially with the current shipping deal...its mad! just buy a sierra board and binding and bam shipping is free and just buy it in two lots one for yourself and one for your missus. I am not quite sure on your country's tax and custom duty but im guessing if the order is under a certain value, it wouldnt apply. This way you are dodging two expensive bullets (shipping + taxes). Im pretty sure you can save up a few hundreds or so over the course of a few months. I hope you all the best and that someone is nice enough to give you a free board but dont expect to get a free handout all the time.

Im pretty sure there are alot of other people out there that has it tough to and trust me, we aussies have it tough as well but if you are really keen on snowboarding you'll find a way to get your dream board. Pretty sure alot of us aussies have already mentioned how hard it is for us as well. 2 nights weekend trip to any resort: you're looking at paying $300-500 for accomodation, 3-4 hrs drive to the slops, $200 or so for lifts and for a meat pie and coke $15....and if you need gear hire its like $100-200... this is the only time i will say...sucks to be in australia

CANADIAN View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2010 at 12:23am
i agree that this sport is also expensive for you guys there! as about the taxes and duties believe me i know! a friend bought a board and bindings from my sierra account and he paid 450 including shippment and by the time those stuff came here he paid 200 more for taxes and duties! so if i want not to pay shippment i must buy things over 500 and pay almost half the price back here for those shit! also the fucken greeks are applying taxes to everything commes outside Europe! so they shtook us nice anything we do! i just wish someone to give me a board and the only thing i will pay is shippments and maybe taxes! i don' t know if you pay when it is a gift!
Give me some snow!
chungeroni View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2010 at 2:38am
Damn, I'm sorry guys. But CANADIAN, how much are taxes, shipping, tariffs, etc from say Colorado to Greece? I know you want a free board, but if you're willing to pay even a little for board/bindings, I know a lot of friends who have old setups they don't use. I can try talking to them.

Also, I NEED TO VISIT AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND.. it can't suck.. 1)toilets go backwards (AWESOME) 2)KANGAROOS AND KOALAS AND WHATNOTS (MORE AWEOSME!!) 3)accents are always a plus 4)it just looks so damn cool... but this is coming from an "ignorant american" college student lol. But why don't you guys just bring food up to the slopes? Saves me oodles of money

Greece seems pretty awesome too (the history there has to be amazing and don't forget the food)
Oh, I’m in no condition to drive. Wait a minute. I don’t have to listen to myself. I’m drunk.
CANADIAN View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2010 at 11:44am
we pay for taxes 21% of the price and close to 80-100$ for duties tariffs etc! as about the shipping it depends the way it is shipped! i think with USPS its the cheapest you can ship but you will get it after many days! but who cares? lol! i don' t know what happens if the object is a gift...maybe you do not pay so much, still searching about that!
Give me some snow!
rhagoush View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2010 at 12:11pm
I don't want to come across harsh... But your pushing it a bit man.. In my opinion.
If someone wants to send you a board, he or she will know how to find you by now...
You should start considering using the sales... and saving money for your board by not going a couple of times.
CANADIAN View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2010 at 3:05pm
my friend the season is already over here! a month now! and started on december! so not too many days to skip! a guy already send me a pm lets see! i hope that works! i am already thinking of buying one and live myself without money again! but i still have my girlfriend who needs one!
and something more....thanks all of you guys for the response you are grate!     
Give me some snow!
andrethegiant View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2010 at 9:03am
ill sell you a set up from 2008 for 100 dollars its called k2 illusion with nitro bindings. Not being rude but snowboarding is expensive that combo cost me around 400 dollars 2 years ago just take half a season off and buy a really good board if you dont want mine.
burtonrider97 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2010 at 11:24am
canadian im going to greece this summer to sail, so if you buy a board/ set up here i possibly could bring it with..
TreeHundo Crew Northstar 09-10 Total Days - 77 good season
5nowflake View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2010 at 11:07pm
^^^^^
man that's a really good offer!! i'd take him/her up on that!!

Board + Bindings

so just miss out on one snowboarding trip - and you can buy your gf a board + bindings!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>