Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1718192021 23>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NedHead2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Grandpa Morstoel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote NedHead2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official Longboard Thread
    Posted: May/31/2011 at 4:11pm
^^^^might want to use thicker cutting board, or double up the pieces, that way fingers don't drag as much. By the way Skio, is all of your rubber airborne in that pic?
Skio25 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just board at the cabin

Quote Skio25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2011 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by NedHead2

^^^^might want to use thicker cutting board, or double up the pieces, that way fingers don't drag as much. By the way Skio, is all of your rubber airborne in that pic?

The thickness is pretty good the finger inserts are just too long for my fingers. The fabric drags but my fingers themselves don't, I moved up the plastic on one of my hands anyway so it doesn't rip up the glove though.
And no just the toeside wheels. It was like a hard turn with a little slide on 2 wheels. I just bought the board about a week ago so I'm still wearing them in for sliding. They just started to break grip on sliding like 4 days ago.
I need to pick up a set of semi-decent sliding wheels but am trying to find out which are the best for the money, as mine will work for the time being. (Plus I'm tight on cash and a helmet is probably a higher priority than sliding wheels haha)
NedHead2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Grandpa Morstoel

Quote NedHead2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2011 at 4:30pm
Helmet? LOL
Skio25 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just board at the cabin

Quote Skio25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2011 at 4:49pm

Helmet? LOL

Sliding?
http://www.youtube.com/user/Slideschool#p/c/AEFC0A47D075FF01/0/V-n2Ty_9gL8
Uhhdurrr.

I wear a helmet while snowboarding (most of the time), it would be illogical to not wear one while longboarding...on pavement. Let alone if riding while drinking.
Aside from just cruising local and/or predictable hills, at the beach, and around campus anyway.
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2011 at 4:59pm

Helmet? LOL

are you seriously one of those fags that laughs at people for wearing a helmet??
NedHead2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Grandpa Morstoel

Quote NedHead2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2011 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by panther

Helmet? LOL

are you seriously one of those fags that laughs at people for wearing a helmet??

Are seriously one of those "fags" that calls people a homosexual when you don't like what they have to say, FAG?!

I thought it funny that someone would ride without one, especially a noob, and was being SARCASTIC! (know what sarcasm is?, Sorry, no sarcasm font, I assume people have a enough sense to read into a post) And jus' so you don't think I'm a fag(like you), I've worn a helmet since I have been skating, since I was 8,(probably longer than you've been born), and have been wearing a helmet while snowboarding for 20 years. Do you wear a helmet when snowboarding, or are you one of those "fags" that makes fun of people wearing a helmet on the mountain?
Skio25 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just board at the cabin

Quote Skio25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2011 at 3:56pm

Helmet? LOL

Are seriously one of those "fags" that calls people a homosexual when you don't like what they have to say, FAG?!

I thought it funny that someone would ride without one, especially a noob, and was being SARCASTIC! (know what sarcasm is?, Sorry, no sarcasm font, I assume people have a enough sense to read into a post) And jus' so you don't think I'm a fag(like you), I've worn a helmet since I have been skating, since I was 8,(probably longer than you've been born), and have been wearing a helmet while snowboarding for 20 years. Do you wear a helmet when snowboarding, or are you one of those "fags" that makes fun of people wearing a helmet on the mountain?

I read this and all I think of is

and I'm just like

ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2011 at 7:29pm
I love watching that clip. Obviously you call the fight, but what do you do then?

Flex.
Bring it hard or don't bring it at all.
Skio25 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just board at the cabin

Quote Skio25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2011 at 8:27pm
hahah nah in the longer version you can just tell he's like "OH MY SHTOOKING GOD YESS YESS YESSSSSSSS!!!"

And just to keep this on some sort of "board" topic
YESSSSS

NedHead2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Grandpa Morstoel

Quote NedHead2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2011 at 11:51am
^^^^It's all fun and games until he calls you a "homosexual" because he has no sense of humor, and doesn't get sarcasm. lol
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2011 at 7:56pm

^^^^It's all fun and games until he calls you a "homosexual" because he has no sense of humor, and doesn't get sarcasm. lol

robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2011 at 8:29am
I wear a helmet. and elbow and knee pads. I probably look like a wuss but I don't care as long as it protects! I do a lot of sliding and the pads have come in handy more than a few times.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2011 at 8:32am
Originally posted by robsta

I wear a helmet. and elbow and knee pads. I probably look like a wuss but I don't care as long as it protects! I do a lot of sliding and the pads have come in handy more than a few times.

/edit
Am I the only one who can't find this thread via the search button at the top of the page?
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2011 at 9:03am

/edit
Am I the only one who can't find this thread via the search button at the top of the page?

i had the same problem too the other day. i had to go look for it for a while. the search function on TruSnow could use some updating
DharmaBum View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote DharmaBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2011 at 11:52am
I don't wear a helmet longboarding but that's because I don't ride hills. I just cruise around doing slides and dancing through the streets. Some pump carving. Last time I wore a helmet I still got a concussion, so I fail to see the point
get your fix @ www.Actionsportstoday.com
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2011 at 10:55am
I figured out that just googling official longboard thread works if the site search bar doesn't.

panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2011 at 5:47am
concussion < brain damage
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2011 at 12:56pm
So I have an old longboard that was run over. It snapped right underneath the rear truck. I am thinking about cutting it and making it a little mini board. I have heard that it's not safe to cut through the longboard because there will be microscopic fiberglass shavings that will get stuck in my skin.? Has anyone ever tried cutting their own board and have any advice?
NedHead2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Grandpa Morstoel

Quote NedHead2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2011 at 1:04pm
Never cut thru a long board, but I say go for it, wear gloves, eye protection, and a mask. Then post pics. By the way, it's always hard to find this thread because it is posted in "Gear Talk" rather then where most people default, "The Board Room".(But the "search" function does suck!).
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2011 at 7:33am

So I have an old longboard that was run over. It snapped right underneath the rear truck. I am thinking about cutting it and making it a little mini board. I have heard that it's not safe to cut through the longboard because there will be microscopic fiberglass shavings that will get stuck in my skin.? Has anyone ever tried cutting their own board and have any advice?

yeah, do it.  just wear some gloves and a mask if you have some, and do it in the street or something.  its one of those things, like never sand fiberglass, don't spray paint without a mask, don't put plastic in a fire...its not good for you, but its not going to kill you if you're careful.  plus, the mini board will be sweet.
allmt123 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote allmt123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2011 at 8:26am
should i get a longboard, i have been using all mt for a while now and i want to try the pow.
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2011 at 8:28am
Originally posted by allmt123

should i get a longboard, i have been using all mt for a while now and i want to try the pow.

?????

this is a lonboard, as in long (skate) board thread, for land, with wheels.

but you'll probably never see this post, you won't come back to see the answer to your question, because you'll get your 5 points for the day and move on.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2011 at 4:58pm

yeah, do it. just wear some gloves and a mask if you have some, and do it in the street or something. its one of those things, like never sand fiberglass, don't spray paint without a mask, don't put plastic in a fire...its not good for you, but its not going to kill you if you're careful. plus, the mini board will be sweet.

Alright I am going to give it a shot. It may turn out horrible but I'm going to try. I'll post before and after pics when I'm done.
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2011 at 5:01pm
yeah do it.  i've always wanted to have a mini longboard, but coughing up the dough for a whole setup when its so similar to a regular skateboard...not gonna happen.  but if you can make it yourself, thats a good project

panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2011 at 6:41am
i saw today that loaded updated their boards, came out with the fattail.  it looks pretty sweet, but basically just a tan tien with one kick.  anyone ridden it, any thoughts?
Skio25 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just board at the cabin

Quote Skio25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2011 at 7:30pm
CAN I GET A HELL YES FOR DRUNKEN LONGBOARDING PLEASE!?
vicente View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote vicente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2011 at 3:32pm
hey I was just gifted a Deschutes sector 9 pintail deck today and don't feel like dropping tons of money into trucks and wheels, I was wondering if anyone has some they'd let go on the cheap, I don't want crap though.
ilovesnow9797 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote ilovesnow9797 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2011 at 10:59am
It seems like a majority of people on this thread only know loaded and sector 9..
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2011 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by ilovesnow9797

It seems like a majority of people on this thread only know loaded and sector 9..

i know.  its like so uncool.  you probably know about a lot of other sweet underground board companies, i assume?  please enlighten the rest of us n00bs.
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote ilovesnow9797 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2011 at 6:45pm
Woah, chill man, I'm just saying. There are TONS of other brands out there like rayne, landyachtz, Nelson, comet, kracked skulls (what I have), earthwing, kebbek, lift, northern pine, honey just to name a few :) not hating on anyone here, I respect all longboarders
vicente View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote vicente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2011 at 6:49pm
sector 9 is really probably the largest best known company out there you hardly ever see anything else in most shops maybe an arbor and another one or two companies. I like tahoe long boards my self, but free is free so one I get my sector 9 deck set up I will ride it and be happy.
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote ilovesnow9797 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2011 at 6:52pm
^that's very true. One of my friends has a sector 9, he loves it. As long as you get to ride it, haha
woodhomie1996 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2012 at 11:08am
I have an Arbor long board somewhere. I am going to try and get back on it this summer.
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bdanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2012 at 6:36am

Hey did you cut your board? I have done it once before and i just got my frigin landyachtz switchblade run over the other day so ill be doing it again. Moral of the story dont walk your dog while skating. when i go home i will take pictures of my old one and try and take pictures during the process of doing the switchblade. both of my boards were all wood. if you have a rayne or NS they have some other crap in there. I would be interested to see how your short board went.
quangaroo21 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote quangaroo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 9:50am
i was thinking about buying a landyachtz nine two five deck. any reviews for that?
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote ilovesnow9797 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 2:54pm
Great deck, I'd definitely get it!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote quangaroo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 3:15pm
right now my set up is a krackedskulls scimitar deck with randals 180 and orangutang stimulus 83a. The deck is good for free riding and sliding and whatnot, but it speed wobbles at high speeds. So once i have money saved up im probably gonna buy the nine two five.
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote ilovesnow9797 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 3:39pm
I have like the same setup almost! Ya, 9two5 would definitely be better thank the scimitar
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote quangaroo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 4:23pm
if i had the money my setup would be the 9two5 deck with white caliber trucks and the seafoam green cult dominator wheels. But im happy with the randal trucks and stimulus wheels already, so theres no need for me to spend extra
GPT View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote GPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 4:26pm
whats a good beginner deck for cruising around town? no hills, no sliding
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote ilovesnow9797 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 4:46pm
^^ that's a GREAT setup. ^ would you want a longer or shorter deck?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote quangaroo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2012 at 4:56pm
i shop at this site
http://www.muirskate.com/longboard/completes/all/
if you dont mind something a little pricey the loaded tan tien or dervish are really nice boards. but if you want something a little cheaper "gravity" and "never summer" provides a good amount of boards too. i never rode a sector 9 board before so i cant say anything about them, but people say they are good beginner boards too. any brands are all pretty much good. it all really depends on your preference. short or long board. thick or flexy board. and shape of board too. Theres pintails, dropthrough, cruisers, and some mix of hybrids and whatnot. me personally i like the dropthrough the most
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote quangaroo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2012 at 7:00am
orangutang just came out with new wheels, The orangutang "balut". Has anyone used them yet? they look pretty sick
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote quangaroo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2012 at 11:37am
landyachts 9two5 or loaded tan tien?
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2012 at 11:49am
Originally posted by bdanross

Hey did you cut your board? I have done it once before and i just got my frigin landyachtz switchblade run over the other day so ill be doing it again. Moral of the story dont walk your dog while skating. when i go home i will take pictures of my old one and try and take pictures during the process of doing the switchblade. both of my boards were all wood. if you have a rayne or NS they have some other crap in there. I would be interested to see how your short board went.

Never tried it.  Hadn't thought about it in a while but maybe this summer I'll get to it.  I will probably just take it in to salty peaks and have them do it for me.  They said it would cost like 20 bucks.  I'll post pics if I ever get to it. ha
vlkyriexmissile View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Dunkin' Steeze

Quote vlkyriexmissile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2012 at 11:55am
from what I heard those Orangatang wheels flatspot like crazy... but I could very well be mistaken... I'm still rocking Kryptonics so what do I know haha
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote quangaroo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2012 at 12:57pm
^ what deck do you have?
onetwo77 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote onetwo77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2012 at 7:24pm
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2012 at 6:10am
had an old palmer deck that i snapped the tail on. made a freehand 38 inch pintail cardboard template, jigsawed out the shape from the broken board, and sanded it down to the final pintail shape. quick clearcoat to seal the edges, some griptape and shes all done. also i threw some old freebord trucks on it and popped out the center wheels.

only took a few days, flex is a lil soft, but no where even close to dragging on the ground. its a lively fun ride.

Camber Is The New Rocker.
yuhui View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote yuhui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2012 at 11:59am
Originally posted by onetwo77

flamer. i feel like people buy dervishes just because they are dervishes, there are so many other boards that cost less and ride better
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>