Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1617181920 23>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DBouher1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
butter bros

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DBouher1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official Longboard Thread
    Posted: Oct/13/2010 at 2:40pm
that black night looks almost exactly like a dirvish 
Rossco2314 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
The B.O.B Rail Jam 2010

Quote Rossco2314 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2010 at 9:04am
Originally posted by DBouher1

Just because its a drop thru it looks like a dervish?
Just can't live that negative way... make way for the positive day.
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2010 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Rossco2314

Originally posted by DBouher1

Just because its a drop thru it looks like a dervish?

i think the longboard market is getting saturated, theres just too many brands that offer very similar products, someone needs to come out with some new stuff.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2010 at 11:15am
@panther
The more brands the better selection in my opinion
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2010 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by robsta

@panther
The more brands the better selection in my opinion

true, i agree, and drives the prices down, which is nice, but for example, there are hundreds of people trying to make their own longboards out there, yet they dont really do that much to set them apart. i'm torn between supporting a smaller company because i know they need the money/word-of-mouth/etc, but want to buy a board from a company who has the facilities and experience to make a great board. and when the smaller companies dont put out something thats too different, i think most people will continue to buy stuff from the larger companies. i guess this is true in economics for just about anything.
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2010 at 12:21pm
Thinkin' of getting a BC Moray for Christmas. Just the deck.
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2010 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by IceCoast

Thinkin' of getting a BC Moray for Christmas. Just the deck.

that looks like a super dope board, i want to try riding one against my tan tien, which i love by the way. if the moray rides similar, thats a steal, so much cheaper, and not so mainstream either.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2010 at 4:37pm
how is the tan tien? Was thinkin about gettin one before i bought my dervish. They look sick and i like the upward curved ends of the board
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2010 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by robsta

how is the tan tien? Was thinkin about gettin one before i bought my dervish. They look sick and i like the upward curved ends of the board

i love it. i was thinking of getting a dervish too, but i wanted something shorter, i had a pretty long landyacthz drop through, so i wanted something for commuting and sharper turn radius, and i love it. the flex is sweet, i like the kicked up tips, the grip is sticky. it seems super durable. i take really good care of my stuff, but its holding up super well either way. some idiot in a car ran over it, totally fine, no cracks anywhere, even though it bent the axles on my trucks and i had to replace them. so durability isnt an issue, even though i've read some people saying it was for loaded boards. pretty pricey, but i ride it everywhere, it saves me gas, and its a super fun board. the only time i actually end up riding my landyacthtz is when me and my girlfriend go boarding and she takes the tan tien (she likes it better too )
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2010 at 12:58pm
I have a flexdex clear 29". It's close to the size of a regular deck, but rides like a longer board. The trucks are further out as well. The only thing I don't really like is the tail is flat- no upturn. However, I think the fact that it is clear is pimp.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2010 at 8:03am
^^^sick, do you like it? do you like the way it flexes?

i started to finally get the hang of standup slides and speedchecking yesterday. and fell and cut my hand up. another kid i was skating with was pretty good, he suggested getting bearing spacers, he said it would make sliding smoother, has anyone else seen this? i just have bones reds, and they didnt come with spacers.
Kquan View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Kquan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2010 at 8:41pm
Heyyyyall

Got 2 decks for local sale if anyone ups

150 for a Dropthru Rayne Killswitch

145 for almost brand new, never crashed Clutch Lambchop made out of Canadian Maple Hemp and Like Dragon wood or something (It sounded cool when I told em to make it with that haha!)

Haggling is accepted. Pics upon request, completes upon request
Kquan View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Kquan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2010 at 7:52am
NO BOdY WANTS TO POST?!
Longboarderdude View Drop Down
Local
Local
boyne highlands

Quote Longboarderdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2010 at 12:15pm
Ya im pretty sure everyone is thinking snowboarding right now rather than longboarding.  Myself included.
I make handmade longboards PM me for info.
Kquan View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Kquan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2010 at 6:59pm
Oh well, for me, longboarding is year around haha!
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2010 at 7:09pm
yep i agree with longboarderdude. Now that I can see the white peaks up ther I don't even think about longboarding. Went snowboarding today actually
snowbowlmt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
big freakin slot canyon

Quote snowbowlmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2010 at 7:12pm
ive been rocking the Loaded Vanguard 4 flex for the last 4 years. Indestructible board. Freakin sweet. bombed every big hill in town with it. Its not very stable at speeds above about 35 mph, but it carves like nobody's business so the instability factor doesnt even matter unless u plan on straight shooting a hill. freakin love longboarding when i cant snowboard, its just a lot sketchier because of idiotic drivers
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 12:47pm
^^^ and killing yourself on the pavement.
The_Guchi View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote The_Guchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 12:54pm
long boarding 35 mph downhill is insane
TGOD View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote TGOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 2:52pm
Ive been longboarding for about a year and a half now and i love it! it gets me by in the summer and i have a lot of fun doing it. I have a Dervish,Paris 180s, and Orangatang Durrians...It carves nice, can be taken down some good hills, slides like a dream with the durrians, and is a great trick board. I have also made 3 boards that ride nicely but none as good as the Dervish.
Local
Local
boyne highlands

Quote Longboarderdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by snowbowlmt

ive been rocking the Loaded Vanguard 4 flex for the last 4 years. Indestructible board. Freakin sweet. bombed every big hill in town with it. Its not very stable at speeds above about 35 mph, but it carves like nobody's business so the instability factor doesnt even matter unless u plan on straight shooting a hill. freakin love longboarding when i cant snowboard, its just a lot sketchier because of idiotic drivers
I hate people in cars! ive had so many bad experiences with stupid people that pull out in front of me on a hill, drive next to me, i hate it.
Kquan View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Kquan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2010 at 6:58pm
Cars arent that bad, I hate it when you are on an uncrowded street, barely any cars if any at all. Or even a private street or fireroad. Then some idiot talking on the cellphone jaywalks while your going down the hill at 35....
Timmay_650 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Timmay_650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2010 at 4:25pm
Hey guys if anyone need a longboard. There are some good deals on never summer longboards. I just picked me up one. $100ish you can't beat that
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Timmay_650

Hey guys if anyone need a longboard. There are some good deals on never summer longboards. I just picked me up one. $100ish you can't beat that
<span ="apple-style-span"=""><div id="med" style="height: 200px; width: 190px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding-top: 3px; padding-right: 3px; padding-bottom: 3px; padding-left: 3px; text-align: left; font-size: 11px; border-collapse: collapse; font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 14px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 5px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 5px; "><span ="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: 12px; "><div id="itemmed" style="display: table; width: 200px; height: 56px; text-align: center; font-size: 11px; "><div style="display: table-cell; vertical-align: middle; height: 33px; line-height: 1; ">50% Off Regular Price Of Everything - At Checkout, Use Redemption Code 5DP-2-ML6JP
</span></span>

have you ridden it yet? i was thinking of getting a never summer, i've heard a lot of good things about them, what do you think?
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Timmay_650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 6:43pm
I order it 2 days ago and will get it tomorrow. I will let you know then but I don't think the deal will be good after today
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Timmay_650

$100????  What's the catch?  There must be a catch.
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2010 at 7:58am
did you ever get the never summer board? how is it?
Local
Local
boyne highlands

Quote Longboarderdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2010 at 11:04am
Originally posted by panther

Never summer makes really nice longboards! Ptex tip and tail bumpers, fiberglass, epoxy, maple construction.  Higher end decks.
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2010 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Longboarderdude

Never summer makes really nice longboards! Ptex tip and tail bumpers, fiberglass, epoxy, maple construction.  Higher end decks.

Do you have one?
snoopy123 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote snoopy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2010 at 7:32am
thats cool
Local
Local
boyne highlands

Quote Longboarderdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2010 at 10:40am

Do you have one?
no but one of my friends i go longboarding with on a daily basis has one and Ive ridden it alot! 
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2011 at 8:53pm
lets get this thread started up again! who's riding what this summer?
muddog257 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote muddog257 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2011 at 5:33am
Ive got a sector 9 and i love it.
Local
Local
boyne highlands

Quote Longboarderdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 3:18pm
Although we all hate to face it, snowboarding season is over for most of us.  On the upside its getting warm enough to longboard!  Here is a new board - The Holey Moley! 
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2011 at 10:35am
Bustin out the longboard today. First time this season. Anyone else wear knee and elbow pads? I'm not going to ride without pads until I am better at sliding and speed checking.
east4life View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote east4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2011 at 4:25pm
anybody wanna message me and tell me how i should buy my longboard? i want to get into it but want some thats smart about longboards to help. thanks!!
adhdspazz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Tip slide= P.i.t.A

Quote adhdspazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2011 at 4:41pm
Yeah, I have a question about really good slide gloves, like companies and where to get them, thanks. Mine were homemade, and well they wore out pretty fast
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2011 at 5:32pm
longboarding is sick. i'm so pumped for this summer. just crusing hills and riding is awesome.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2011 at 9:41am
Originally posted by adhdspazz

Yeah, I have a question about really good slide gloves, like companies and where to get them, thanks. Mine were homemade, and well they wore out pretty fast

I have always just made my own. It usually takes a while for them to wear out. What are you making yours with? Cutting board?
ishidamoo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ishidamoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2011 at 3:49pm
hey guys just wondering, what would be a good board for a beginner?
Local
Local
boyne highlands

Quote Longboarderdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2011 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by ishidamoo

My best advise to you would be to not buy the cheapest board you can find.  You will get what you pay for.  As you can see in my signature I make longboards and we are currently prototyping cheaper entry level beginner boards that should be out by mid summer.
C02 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote C02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2011 at 6:04pm

Originally posted by ishidamoo

My best advise to you would be to not buy the cheapest board you can find.  You will get what you pay for.  As you can see in my signature I make longboards and we are currently prototyping cheaper entry level beginner boards that should be out by mid summer.
exactly how much is "cheaper"? i could be interested
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Timmay_650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2011 at 1:57pm

I have rode it a bit just started pretty much this week. Didn't take it snowboarding with me. I have been happy with it. It is the Assault for the price I paid. I love it. It is a good board, I like it a lot better than sector 9 i have rode and a lot of small/no name boards. I don't know if it like it better than my old gravity. I love that board.  
ASMRides View Drop Down
Local
Local
Waxin yo

Quote ASMRides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2011 at 7:56pm
any downhill riders in San Diego?

satoru View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
my board

Quote satoru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2011 at 6:49pm
looking into getting a longboard after trying my cousin's out for a few days. i only had the chance to ride a carver (the brand) board, but i really like the look of sector 9 sidewinder.
my cousin says that i should get a carver, but what is the difference between the two decks in terms of riding feel?

thanks.
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2011 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by satoru

looking into getting a longboard after trying my cousin's out for a few days. i only had the chance to ride a carver (the brand) board, but i really like the look of sector 9 sidewinder.
my cousin says that i should get a carver, but what is the difference between the two decks in terms of riding feel?

thanks.

personally, i wouldn't buy a carver. they might be good stuff, but they have a strange way of making trucks easier to carve. i prefer to stick to normal reverse kingpin trucks. my favorite are bears. paris and randal are good too, and there are plenty of other brands of good trucks. there are a ridiculous amount of board companies nowadays, most will probably be decent, i like landyacthz and loaded, but there are a ton that are great. for wheels, abec11 and orangatang are good.

check out www.thelongboardstore.com or www.muirskate.com, they both have a bunch of good brands, and pretty good prices, especially muir
Skio25 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just board at the cabin

Quote Skio25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2011 at 6:10pm
Bumping this thread because I just started longboarding and it's shtooking incredible.
Carving is so much like snowboarding. I picked up an arbor 38 and just whipped up some homemade sliding gloves for around $15. I definitely need to grab some harder sliding wheels but my 65mm 78a's will temporarily work while I'm first learning slides. I feel like learning longboarding slides and LB in general is going to increase my snowboard freeriding ability sevenfold.
panther View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2011 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Skio25

Bumping this thread because I just started longboarding and it's shtooking incredible.Carving is so much like snowboarding. I picked up an arbor 38 and just whipped up some homemade sliding gloves for around $15. I definitely need to grab some harder sliding wheels but my 65mm 78a's will temporarily work while I'm first learning slides. I feel like learning longboarding slides and LB in general is going to increase my snowboard freeriding ability sevenfold.

how did you make the slide gloves?
NedHead2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Grandpa Morstoel

Quote NedHead2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2011 at 1:17pm

[/QUOTE]

how did you make the slide gloves?[/QUOTE]

google DIY slide gloves...basically some work gloves,velcro,plastic cutting board(don't use corian)...blah, blah, blah.
Skio25 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just board at the cabin

Quote Skio25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2011 at 1:52pm

how did you make the slide gloves?

$2 leather work gloves, polyethylene cutting board (already had), gorilla glue (already had), industrial strength velcro $9 but I bought a 4 foot x 2 inch roll for future use there is smaller sizes.
Total - $11 + tax

Cut the cutting board into 3 pieces for each hand two smaller ones for fingers and a bigger one for the palm (with a jigsaw, circular saw, or whatever you've got.)
Figure out placement for them, my finger ones are low because I have smaller hands than the glove is fitted for. Put some gorilla glue on the glove where you're going to put the velcro then place it on and clamp it for a few minutes.
Stick the other side of the velcro on the cutting board pieces (don't use glue for the cutting board)
Then duct tape any fingers that tend to drag a little so it doesn't rip the glove and eventually your skin off.

There is other ways of making it too like sticking them on by blow torching the plastic and letting it melt to the glove, or using the free corian counter samples from home depot instead of cutting board (a lot of people say it works well). I used velcro because you can rotate the plastic or replace it easily when it wears down low. There is other methods and instructions online. Lowes doesn't have samples of corian by the way.
Or you could spend $50-$90 to buy legit sliding gloves.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 23>