Official Longboard Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 1819202122 23>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official Longboard Thread
    Posted: Jun/19/2012 at 7:12am
i have a Madrid bamboo deck that is exactly like a dervish got it for 80 bucks as opposed to 200 just for the deck. Any denver longboarders out there? i just messed around the green mountain area. Lots of fun. 20-35 mph hills around there and not that busy of streets.
Nire333 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Nire333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2012 at 8:51am
Im new to longboarding and am wanting to purchase my first board. I am looking at the Kracked Skulls M1. It is one of the cheapest setups that I could find that actually looked as though it was good quality. Has anyone ever ridden these and have feedback. Thanks

Kracked Skulls M1
ilovesnow9797 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote ilovesnow9797 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2012 at 9:21am
I have one of those. It's actually a decent board to start off with! Great for cruising, perfect to learn stuff on, nice and cheap. Once you do more flip tricks and faster stuff, isnt great, mine started to crack. Starting off its great, go for it!
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2012 at 12:43pm
I have a question about longboarding. What's the difference between longboarding and skateboarding? I've been skateboarding for a while and want to try longboarding. :]
steezemisterr View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2012 at 3:39am
It depends what you want to do. First off with a longboard it is easier to cruise around and bomb hills which is the primary purpose. Now more and more riders are starting to progress it to some freestyle so it is actually becoming more similar to skateboarding. It really all depends on what you want to do so your options are endless.
snowboardinrox357 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote snowboardinrox357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2012 at 12:58pm
^Longboarding seems like fun so I guess I'll try it. Thanks for the info, steezemisterr.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Wish it was cold in my backyard all year long.....

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2012 at 1:29pm
^If you're unsure of the differences in the two, have you heard of freebording?
bdanross View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bdanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2012 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Nire333

Im new to longboarding and am wanting to purchase my first board. I am looking at the Kracked Skulls M1. It is one of the cheapest setups that I could find that actually looked as though it was good quality. Has anyone ever ridden these and have feedback. Thanks

Kracked Skulls M1

ive road the kracked skulls M1 and wasnt that impressed. my friend who has it likes it but he is more of a cruiser/commuter. i would recommend looking on craigslist and shoot for a complete around $130 and under. you can find some really good deals if you search college towns. also depends on what you what kinda riding you want to do.
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2012 at 12:09pm
nobody's posted here in a while. Probably everyone's been too busy shredding the concrete wave.
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2012 at 2:07pm
Need some opinions. Should I get a penny board or a long board to get around @ college? One is easier to carry and one is easier to ride, but still having trouble deciding Tongue
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/12/2012 at 10:34am
You should go for a cruiser. That would probably be the best because its smaller than a longboard but still easy to ride.
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/12/2012 at 10:44am
Originally posted by steezemisterr

You should go for a cruiser. That would probably be the best because its smaller than a longboard but still easy to ride.

Ohhh perfect idea.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/12/2012 at 11:33am
^I have to second steeze on that one.  Went I got back into skating it was on a longboard, which I quickly realized was sweet downhills.  Problem was it wasn't good for just riding around.  A nice old school cruiser is were it's at, especially on a campus.
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 8:43am
A friend of mine tried to longboard around campus and said that its not maneuverable enough for him so a cruiser is definitely your best bet.
dpboarder98 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote dpboarder98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2012 at 12:08pm
Anyone ever rode the Landyachtz Tomahawk or Earthwing Supermodel? I'm picking up a longboard and have narrowed it down to those two. Just wondering if I could get your guys opinion on it. Thanks
Local
Local

Quote dpboarder98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2012 at 1:10pm
Scratch that. Now its between the Landyachtz Tomahawk or Drop speed.
soxfan47104 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote soxfan47104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2012 at 9:31pm
starting to get into longboarding and im a beginner that wants a board that I can use on my college campus and will be good a maneuvering easily. do you guys think this board will be good for me? if not any reccomendations? im trying to stay under $130.
himynameisandrew View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote himynameisandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2012 at 11:34am
^^my friend has the drop speed, and man that deck shreds. never ridden the tomahawk before, but the drop speed is a sick board. came with zombie hawgs and bear trucks. best setup everrr for carving and 15-30 mph slides. hope that helps:)
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2012 at 9:19am
I have a clear 29" flexdex that's great for cruizing and is maneuverable as hell. It's heavier, so it rides like a longer board. My friends and I usually bomb/race down parking structures, but it's also great when I just want to go to the market and get a tallboy. Chug in the parking lot, like we're 16, and ride back home.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2012 at 9:25am
Originally posted by dvdngu

Ohhh perfect idea.
They recently reissued Christian Hosoi's hammerhead board, as well as a few Powell Peralta decks. Crazy oldschool sweetness to those boards. Makes me want to watch Thrashin' and Gleaming the Cube again. Not to mention the old bone's brigade vids.
Local
Local

Quote dpboarder98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2012 at 4:45pm
Just picked up my first longboard the other day I got a Landyachtz Tomahawk with Paris 180 Adam Coltons and Zombie Hawgs 80a wheels. Its sooo sick! Longboarding is so much fun!!
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 6:33am
It really is a lot of fun. I just started this summer because I wanted something to do until winter and its great.
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 9:26am
Has anyone ever made a board out of an old waterski? Ive heard of people doing that and was thinking of buying an old waterski at a garage sale today. Any input as to how good this works?
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 11:26am
Where did you hear that at? Sounds like complete BS. How do you plan on securely attaching a metal edge? How do you plan on dealing with the massive toe and heel drag? How do you plan on attaching the bindings?

Yea it's pretty much impossible
soxfan47104 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote soxfan47104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by RastaRider

Where did you hear that at? Sounds like complete BS. How do you plan on securely attaching a metal edge? How do you plan on dealing with the massive toe and heel drag? How do you plan on attaching the bindings?

Yea it's pretty much impossible
haha Im thinking he meant making a longboard not a snowboard. LOL This is the official longboard thread.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2012 at 3:59am
^although a longboard with metal edges and binders sounds interesting.LOL

I think I migt give the water ski trick a try.  Wonder of my grandpa still has his old set.
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2012 at 6:44am
He edited his post because originally it said snowboard. I read it 3 times to make sure since I thought at the time it was weird he was talking about snowboards in here.

A longboard from a waterski is definitely possible seen it on built to shred before. If he's really interested a google search will bring up a bunch of info about it

Lesson learned: always quote the post in question
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2012 at 11:20am
Yes, i was referring to a longboard skateboard not a snowboard. and I know that it can be done I was just wondering if anyone on here has ever done it before.
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 6:58am

This is my setup here. Riviera Street slayer with Paris trucks.
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 7:03am
And this is just a little something I made one day when I was bored...

I but this together by drilling some holes through an old Head snowboard and attaching some old skateboard trucks. The thing is sketchy as can be but is a ton of fun.
vicente View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote vicente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 7:24am
I friend of mine did that but he put the trucks on at/just past the contact points so it would ride a little lower and feel more floaty.
chillwill View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote chillwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 7:32am
Check this out

Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 9:32am
Originally posted by chillwill

Check this out

The way I have it set up now it is very flexy and if I stand in the center the bottom is about an inch from the ground.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2012 at 12:21pm

And this is just a little something I made one day when I was bored...

I but this together by drilling some holes through an old Head snowboard and attaching some old skateboard trucks. The thing is sketchy as can be but is a ton of fun.

Do you rock bindings or grip tape up top?  I think I'd like to try something like that with wider trucks and grip tape.   I've got a 155 Rage I could use, that's about all that board would be oood for.
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2012 at 5:22am
No grip tape on there yet but i was thinking of slapping some on whenever i have some laying around. and these trucks are super shitty but were the only ones I have. When I get a new longboard Ill throw my old trucks on this for fun
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2012 at 5:00am
Gettin ready for a day of longboarding, Bombing hills.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2012 at 1:26pm
^I could use a day of that.  I need a new board though since some ass stole mineCry
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2012 at 9:18am
^That sucks dude I cant't believe someone would do that. Such a dick move
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2012 at 9:20am
Just went riding yesterday and had a crazy bail. I cut up my stomach and my arm but I'm getting right back out there today. Hopefully no more bails.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2012 at 12:12pm
Been there a few times.  Funny thing is the more of a beating I take longboarding the more committed to it I become.  I guess I just don't want all my pain to be for nothing so I try even harder to bounce back and get some new tricks down after I get hurt.  
Weymaro View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Weymaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2012 at 12:19pm
I just made my first drop through board and put Paris 180's and Abec 11 Freerides on em. Just got to Colorado and can't wait to ride them
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2012 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Weymaro

I just made my first drop through board and put Paris 180's and Abec 11 Freerides on em. Just got to Colorado and can't wait to ride them
Post some pics!
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2012 at 1:13pm
I feel the same way dude. I had that sick bail and I just thought "Okay I gotta get that trick dialed down"
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2012 at 1:14pm
And Weymaro definitely put up some picks of that board. And what do you ride Robsta?
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2012 at 6:52am
Originally posted by snowj720

^I could use a day of that.  I need a new board though since some ass stole mineCry
Weak Sauce. Who steals someone's deck. That's like ruining a personal relationship. My condolances.
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2012 at 1:26pm
You said it dude. I like the vocabulary use there with "Weak Sauce" thats the perfect way to describe it. Someone stole my bros new Burton Jukebox board last winter and it just put him in a shitty mood. Don't steal people's shit.
snowj720 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote snowj720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2012 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by julius77

Originally posted by snowj720

Weak Sauce. Who steals someone's deck. That's like ruining a personal relationship. My condolances.

Worst part is they weren't after the board.  It and my pool/old school board were in my trunk when someone broke into my yard and stole my car.  I could give a shit about the car, I wish they would have thrown the boards out the window.
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2012 at 7:07am
Wow man that sucks. Sorry to hear about that. Some people are just assholes. When did this happen?
Local
Local

Quote steezemisterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2012 at 5:06am
Has anybody seen the new Sportster deck by Bustin. I was checking it out the other day and the board looks sick. If anybody is looking for a board that they can bomb hills with you need to check this out.
Local
Local

Quote dpboarder98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2012 at 7:29am
That board looks so sick. It seems really fun, I'd like to try a rocker deck. My best friend is buddies with one of the guys who rides for Bustin, hes an awesome rider. They are coming back to NC again soon so I'll hopefully get to ride with them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 23>