0 Staff | 6 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 398,681 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > Gear Talk : Ask other riders

Quick Login: Forgot password?

Nitro Haze (late) Review - softest board ever!

Share/Save/Bookmark

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dice View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nitro Haze (late) Review - softest board ever!
    Posted: Apr/02/2010 at 3:01pm
Late review, but better late than never!

Me: I have been riding solid for 3 years now (every w/e sorta thingy). 2 years B4 that just goofing around. I do mostly all mountain. Expert Level Freeride and 1st year in the park and jumps (late this season). I'm 6'2 at about 190 lbs give or take 2, 11.5 boots! Big smile

The board: It is by far the "softest" board there is on the market. Softer than the Capita Horrorscope and probably nothing like it! Considered a street or urban board. I got it cause I wanted to work on my ground tricks and up my game in the park. I also never had anything like it and it was on a big sale (been eyeing it since early in the season).

Conditions: Spring (or should I say summer) conditions at about 75-79 degrees (yes, you heard me right). Ppl were shirtless and in shorts and tank tops! Super slushy and wet, but good snow cover.

Review: The bigest size for this board was 156 with 252 waist width! Don't ask me how, but it fits just FINE! Wink The board has a black rubber top sheet that does not scratch and does not slip when coming of teh chair left (love it).

1st off; and to my shocking surprise,;I took this board into every trail there was today.!! Green to double diamonds to park. It's not T6 at speed, but handeled the mountain fairly well. That I really did not imagine being that it's a super soft board and all. It took a few runs to dial that feel in, and was so much fun from there. From 8:30 AM to 4:30 AM. Never even took the Machete out of teh car (I take 2 boards to cover all riding). That's how much fun it was. I was very impressed hwo it handeled the entire mountain, moguls, trees (the little there was open).

I took it to the park, but they had already packed all the rails and boxes! There were no lips or table tops either. So, best I could do with just jump of little up ramps. Nothing instane, just average jumps here and there. Handeled nice and landed solid.

Pop & ollies was great! Again, nothing super, but keep in mind my size vs this board, so I was not expecting much. But it did real well even there. It had a lot of energy to pop over every little bump I saw. Just that kinda board. Sooo much fun to throw around and try sh!t with. Fron sides 180 then tail press where just coming to me (never done that before) like a dream!

In summary I say it was a super super fun board! It was easy to ride and press and wheelie (yes, dis a little of that too). There was really NOTHING I could not do on this board except go insanely fast (cause I am not insane to wanna kill myself at 156 252 ww). I still did speed, just kept it in check. Also weather was tricky to go fast. If you hit a wet spot, it`s like hiting the breaks! I roller over one time on these!

Pros:  Easy to ride, can do anything and take anywhere. Easy to press, & I think butter (though I did not het to that). I could actually carve with it. Lean real low scooping powder! Just am awesome board to have in my quiver. Wink

Cons: Base scratches so easy and felt very slow on the flats. Then again, it was slushy spring with lots of rocks everywhere to be fair to the boards.

Conclusions: LOVE IT, SOOO MUCH FUN. It will likely be my go to board on small mountain trips next season. No doubt!

Cheers

Here's Nitro summary on the board:

HAZE
THE NEW HAZE IS OUR LOW MAINTENANCE TWIN THAT IS ULTRA SOFT WITH LOW CAMBER AND OUR POWERCORE TO GIVE IT THAT POPPY LIGHTWEIGHT FEEL. THE RADIAL SIDECUT MAKES IT EASY TO GO FROM TURNS ON THE GROOMERS TO HIT JUMPS IN THE PARK. IT BLOWS YOUR MIND HOW MUCH BOARD YOU GET FOR YOUR BUCK AND HOW FAST YOUR RIDING WILL STEP UP.

Features

POWERCORE: TIP-TO-TAIL POPLAR WOOD PROVIDES STRENGTH AND THE PERFECT AMOUNT OF BOARD FEEL AND FLEX

BI-LITE LAMINATES: BIAXIAL FIBERGLASS FOR EFFORTLESS TURNS AND A FORGIVING FLEX

RADIAL SIDECUT: SMOOTH TURNS AND CONTROL AT ANY SPEED

HI-DEF FH BASE: OUR ULTRA CLEAR BASE MATERIAL BLEND - FAST AND DURABL

PEOPLE ARE ALL THE SAME… THEY ALL THINK THEY ARE DIFFERENT!!! -------- GEAR: Palmer Timeless 164, Nitro Haze 156, Burton T6 164, Ride Machete 161W (LE), Burton P1.1, Burton C60, Union Force SL, K2 DB T1 (boots)
johnjohn420 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote johnjohn420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2010 at 3:20pm
if u got 11.5 get a wider board something at least 26cm wide so your boots dont hang off and have toe or heel drag
BFBF View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BFBF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2010 at 3:24pm
nice dice..Spreading the nitro love..
zhenjie View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote zhenjie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2010 at 3:28pm
Softer then the Horrorscope. Now that would be interesting!
So about same flex as the Sub Zero?
Dice View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Dice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2010 at 6:32pm
if u got 11.5 get a wider board something at least 26cm wide so your boots dont hang off and have toe or heel drag

Biggest size for this board is 156/252ww, and I really wanted "this" board. Having said that, I don't actually have "toe or heel" drag on it! Or if any, I really don't feel it. That's the funny part, cause I was expecting that (top sheet is wider than other boards though if that makes sense). My point was, I don't want to be blazing mach 3 on a board size 156 (vs my usual 164), flex 1 probably (vs my usual flex 5.5-7) and 252 ww (vs my usual ~260). So I was speed checking to make sure I stay alive! Wink

nice dice..Spreading the nitro love..

Oh yeah! BF... I honestly did not expect that much out of this board. It was dirt cheap (Nitro's cheapest stick) and I just liked the super-ultra-soft flex it had! But from the way this one rides, I can just imagine how it would be on the better Nitro boards!

Softer then the Horrorscope. Now that would be interesting!
So about same flex as the Sub Zero?

Sub Zero much stiffer, so picture that! You could probably fold this one in two. LOL You can't imagine how soft until you actually flex it by hand! One (stupid) guy at one shop was telling me it's so soft you can't actually ride it down the mountain! It won't make it down! Well.. it did, but that's how he thought of it being so super soft and all. But I LOVE IT! It's a street/urban board for trashing. Next year, they are actually selling this board in a pair only (can't buy just one)!!! Confused

Cheers....
PEOPLE ARE ALL THE SAME… THEY ALL THINK THEY ARE DIFFERENT!!! -------- GEAR: Palmer Timeless 164, Nitro Haze 156, Burton T6 164, Ride Machete 161W (LE), Burton P1.1, Burton C60, Union Force SL, K2 DB T1 (boots)
bataleon155 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote bataleon155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2010 at 7:03pm
how does it compare to signal park series? which one will be softer? just curiousEmbarrassed
Dice View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Dice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 6:51am
Originally posted by bataleon155

how does it compare to signal park series? which one will be softer? just curiousEmbarrassed

By far the Nitro Haze is much "much" softer! I had the Park Series last year so that's from personal experience with both! Wink 

Cheers...
BFBF View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BFBF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 9:44am
Are you taking out your timeless this weekend??? We're expecting a possible dump here in CO mon/tuesday
Dice View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Dice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 11:56am
Originally posted by BFBF

Are you taking out your timeless this weekend??? We're expecting a possible dump here in CO mon/tuesday

I wish BF! It's in the mail (I think). And no snow in site here. It's almost 79 degrees today. I'll probably go Monday with my Haze (small mountain) and next w/e is my last (official closures). I'll take the Nitro Haze again (yes man, I love it that much Confused) with the Machete as back-up.

Lucky you though... we got a late snow dump last year were season was extended to 21st April (3 extra w/e's).

Cheers bud and happy riding! Wink You'll be on the Misfit, no?
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 12:09pm
my friend landed his first double frontflip on this same board last weekend. and he loves it and its flex.

and if anyone is wondering, it deffiently can be a board to take off jumps too, it has more to do with rider skill
shock639 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Psycho Stick

Quote shock639 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 12:46pm
I was looking at buying a Horrorscope at the beginning of next season. I love My Sierrascope but I want to try a noodle. This board is intriguing, I would like to try a Nitro board plus I already have a Capita. If the flex is truly the same or softer I will research more and wait for rider reviews closer to start of season.

What is this you have to buy 2 boards or buy in pairs next year? It doesn't make much sense. Do they plan on you breaking the board? I just don't get this. But that's what Dice posted up above.
darekaz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote darekaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 1:14pm
You need try capita, it is much more softer board, I mean capita horroscope FK ;)
shock639 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Psycho Stick

Quote shock639 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 1:17pm
Yea, thats what I thought. I pretty much have my mind made up on Horror. I was just keeping my options open.
Epicentre View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Epicentre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 1:24pm
Thanks for the review, I've been thinking about getting a noodle during next year's spring clearance. Seems like we're on the same boat as I really want to work on my buttering/ground tricks and the park. I'll definitely keep my eyes open for this board next year.
dalijoky View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote dalijoky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 1:33pm
thx for the review
i am looking at nitro myself
Dice View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Dice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 1:46pm
You need try capita, it is much more softer board, I mean capita horroscope FK ;)
I know it's probably hard to believe... but the Nitro Haze is the softest board there is!!! I've flexed it side by side to the horrorscope (same size) and the Haze is TWICE as soft. You really need to see it for your self to believe it, and that's as best as I can describe it.

What is this you have to buy 2 boards or buy in pairs next year? It doesn't make much sense. Do they plan on you breaking the board? I just don't get this. But that's what Dice posted up above.
That's what my guy at shop told me. It's an urban/street board used to run street rails and into the asphalt, concrete steps, etc. So, board is usually trashed pretty fast (in these conditions). At least that's what he says (or thinks).

my friend landed his first double frontflip on this same board last weekend. and he loves it and its flex
That's real awesome to know! Not that I'll be pulling that. But good to know how far this board can be taken. I personally love this board so much, and very happy I got it! I already uped my game on a couple of ground tricks 1st week out. So, I can just image having it all season.

Anyone looking for a noodle soft(est) flexi board, should really check this one out. You have to feel it in person to believe it.

Cheers...
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 1:57pm
ya the doublefront was amazing, i wasnt there, but saw the video.
Dice View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Dice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 2:15pm

if it's on youtube, can you post a link?

IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Dice

if it's on youtube, can you post a link?

ya dude.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4_D7Uv8sL0
hes in the yellow helmet.
flip is at: 4:25
Dice View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Dice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 3:24pm
Awesome... I'm posting it here as well (4:28)! WOW... actually sick tricks on the Nitro Haze by this guy from about 4:00 on!!!! Thnx for link & info dude. Wink

Cheers....

IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 3:49pm
he broke his collar bone at the end if you are wondering.

and your welcome.
capitacaptain View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
World Domination Corporation

Quote capitacaptain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 4:01pm
Id really like to try one of these out. I rode a Horror all this season and thought it was an extremely flexy board, but if the Haze is even softer wow. Nice review by the way!
ookluh View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Snowshoe Mountain

Quote ookluh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 4:12pm
ouch.. but those were pretty awesome, also it looked like it wasn't very crowded that day... is it usually that empty there? wish there was something like that out in the midwest for me to spend some free time on this summer =o
Dice View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Dice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 4:13pm
Outch! Yeah, I was actually wondering what gives at end of video. Hope he`s ok.

Cheers...
IceCoast View Drop Down
Local
Local
Airblaster!

Quote IceCoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2010 at 4:33pm
ya he landed the first two he tried. 3rd one something just went wrong.
he can frontflip ANYTHING lol.

tuckshop13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tuckshop13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2013 at 4:32am
Is the New haze any good?
sideways99 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sideways99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2013 at 5:56am
^ Wow... thread has been dead for over 3 years before your revival.  How deep did you go to find it?
tuckshop13 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tuckshop13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2013 at 6:02am
I was just looking around and happened to spot it. Thinking about getting one so I thought I'd revive it.
 Post Reply Post Reply