Originally posted by zappr

can't wait for the next giveaway

Is there going to be one?!
cruiserbear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2010 at 11:27pm
Hey Sierra, not good form ditching the International giveaway and not letting anybody know about the cancellation.

NOT HAPPY JAN.
classic_ben View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
It's a sign

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2010 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by cruiserbear

Hey Sierra, not good form ditching the International giveaway and not letting anybody know about the cancellation.

NOT HAPPY JAN.

I've got a feeling that reference might be lost on Sierra's staff...

JonZap View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2010 at 11:46pm

that ad is classic

who was it? I think it was Jared or Levi that said there are not enough international people to warrant a giveaway for us. Well, you would have more international people logging in if there were daily notification emails sent out like in previous months for the normal 3pm giveaways. The only people that knew about the international giveaway are active forum members and their friends.

LeahE View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2010 at 12:30am
That ad is pure gold!

JonZap it was jarred who said that.

Agree that more people would log in if there was a definite time advertised, rather than just being told on the day.
madsnake View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2010 at 12:41am

i was actually liking the fact that less people were logged in cause it meant my chances were betterĀ Wink but then nothing happened anyway.

if its the numbers they need they should do a mailout and it would help to put a a countdown timer like the normal giveaway.

lombasnow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2010 at 1:06am
You spoke right, we're active member not a second chance member.
southernsoul View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2010 at 1:59am
What the - is going on ? really can't work out whats happening! There seems to be an international time adjustment on the home page that I thought related to the giveaway biz, can someone qualify if we who exist outside the US actually Qualify for the giveaway, if not can,t see the need to stay loyal to the company even though I just joined, honestly I would be lieing if I didn,t say the daily giveaway was a massive incentive to go with Sierra!!!!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2010 at 2:15am
11am Australian time is good for many who do office work and have access to the computer, for those of us who work outside away from the PC it gives a slight disadvantage, there is an advantage to those who live on the west coast of Australia, the time of 11am EST (eastern standard time) [which is the time where Sydney is located] would in effect equate to about 8am for the west coast people of OZ, this would assist some of the outside/away from PC workers, the population figures of people living outside EST zones in OZ is well less than a 1/4 of the overall population, guessing at the figure but could be as low as 10 to 15% of pop', anyway hope things get sorted will be watching to see how it all pans out - cheers   
sheepz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2010 at 2:43am
Could we get a Yes or No answer if the give away will be on this week? Little annoying last week being logged on and not being told it was off :(
Undies View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2010 at 2:56am
I don't see why Sierra can't spare one board a week even if say only 50 internationals are logged in. It gives the true supporters of the site an honest chance of acually winning! Rather then getting others just to sign up to create numbers who will never throw a cent towards sierra.
TROLL View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2010 at 2:56am
was good whilst it lasted
GC4220 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
zzzzzzing

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2010 at 3:03am
it sucks seeing as sierra gets a tone of international customers... oh well still stoked on all the great sales and all...
iGBH View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2010 at 4:11pm
I reckon with Jared away last week they just forgot.  I'm sure it will be back.
gmogi View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
The champion makes his own luck

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2010 at 11:07pm
Jared said this about the international giveaway on Friday's giveaway at 3PM (PST/PDT):
Question: What is happening to the international giveaway?
"i don't know, it [international giveaway] was off on Wednesday and we are kind of playing with the international giveaway thing, it's not a for sure deal . . . I will be brutally honest with you . . . you internationality peoples don't get enough people on the giveaway . . . the rest of the world, go ahead gets your international giveaway and you get under 200 people login for the giveaway. I am not going to keep supporting that, get some people in here. So yeah get brutal amounts of people"
(I may have misquoted some parts since I am typing this out by listening to it)

I cut some parts out, you can listen to the whole thing here at:
http://www.justin.tv/sierrasnowboard/b/263357308. He starts talking about it around the 9:42 min mark.

Just thought I should spread the word out to the people. Sorry for the late post, I kind of forgot it until I saw the thread again.

Lift Op since 12/09 | Ski Bum since 04/10
cruiserbear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2010 at 1:23pm
perhaps SS should just offer to hsip the Board for free if an international customer wins the normal daily 3PM giveaway.
Piesy001 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2010 at 4:36pm
I had no idea it was on, perhaps if they sent an email to the Aussies/NZ or whoever they want included, perhaps if the offer went in the news letter perhaps.

Much easier that Sierra pinpoint their customer customer database than us doing a online letter drop.

Just a thought.
Undies View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2010 at 1:05am
Sounds like they couldn't give two shits about us. Can't even get a proper reply by anyone that works there. Back to ebay for my gear.
zhenjie View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2010 at 2:48am
^ Complaining about a FREE giveaway? what a douchebag.
Undies View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2010 at 10:16am
^ ahh there we go. I thought you will pop your ugly little head in this thread and Throw your dribble around. It's not hard for them to write a single line to help clear things up and to keep us in the loop is it zhengiiiie?
zhenjie View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2010 at 9:56pm
Sorry, all I hear is wah-wah-wah from you. Only dribble evident hear is the one coming from your whiny mouth.
iGBH View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2010 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Undies

Sounds like they couldn't give two shits about us. Can't even get a proper reply by anyone that works there. Back to ebay for my gear.

Yeah, i reckon this is a bit unfair.  It is a free giveaway after all. 
metallica22 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2010 at 10:17pm
I think the international give away is a good idea. It need to run constantly for a good while so people become aware of it.
Even start off with goggles or bindings while the numbers increase.
Undies View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2010 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by zhenjie

Sorry, all I hear is wah-wah-wah from you. Only dribble evident hear is the one coming from your whiny mouth.

Yeah good answer nothing to do with the question though. Hopefully for the rest of you guys they bring the giveaway back!

Originally posted by Metallica22

I think the international give away is a good idea. It need to run constantly for a good while so people become aware of it.

Solid first post!
gmogi View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2010 at 11:02pm

If they didn't care "two shits about us," then they would never have started this giveaway in the first place. I think Sierra has proved it does care about its community and their international customers.

That being said, I think the international giveaway has been poorly handled. After saying the international giveaway would be held on Wednesday, and the following Wednesday, they don't hold one I think it is a bit unprofessional. I understand they can suspend and cancel anything without any notice, but it is very un-Sierra-like to not make an announcement about anything and just leaving people in the dark.

I want to make it clear that I am not complaining about the giveaway, I think it is great that they do it and, as I said earlier, they have every right to cancel it without any notice. What I wanted to point out is that the way they went around announcing and keeping people up to date was sub par to their standard they have set.

I hope this place doesn't become a quarreling place for "Undies" and "zhenjie." I agree with zhenjie, you shouldn't be complaining about a free giveaway. Also, you [Undies] didn't really give a clear picture on the post I quoted. Why are you saying "they couldn't give two shits about us," and how did you try to contact them? Through this thread or you actually PM a staff member. So giving a one sided post without any explaination, I don't see anything wrong with zhenjie's post.
Undies View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2010 at 11:26pm
You guys are looking to far into things. All I'm talking about is it doesn't take much for them to make an official announcement for all interested people to view and not rely on other members to post 2nd hand information. If they took 1 minute out of their day it would put a lot of things to rest.
VegemiteKid View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2010 at 12:47am
Originally posted by iGBH

Yeah, i reckon this is a bit unfair.  It is a free giveaway after all. 

Sierra has saved me a fair bit, but ive also spent a fair bit. Yeah the giveaway is free, and.

Originally posted by Metallica22

Metallica22 is onto a winner, get something consistent going with a small reward and the numbers will build.
Originally posted by Mike.M

Giveaway suspended until further updates.  Please keep giving feedback so we can make this super successful in the future.  4-26-10

Meanwhile we all talk about how good it would be to have one..
Originally posted by little ole me

Giveaway on!  Today, Wednesday, April 28th Pacific Standard Time at 5:30pm, we will be doing the International Giveaway.  Clap

- that was posted on the first post of the thread, so yes, I would take that as being on for today.  From what I know, it's now a once-a-week deal unless stated otherwise.

Since then its been two weeks without an announcement or giveaway. If they can't do it, scrap it. It annoys me logging in every day from 7.30 - 11.30 EST always hitting refresh on my phone (c'mon zhenjie im having a winge, pfft..) only to find out there wasn't one held.
Can they send out a blanket email to the internationals a few days prior or post it in the giveaway forum? Clearly there must be enough people to justify having one (even for some goggles), you got Aus, NZ, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia etc...
Is it ON or OFF?! Who knows
1. Never underestimate your opponent..expect the unexpected. 2. Take it outside, never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary, and 3...Be nice.
zhenjie View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2010 at 3:27am
Sure it can be handled better. But didn't your parents ever tell you to handle things and communicate in a more polite manner? Especially to those who ARE TRYING to give you a free snowboard? Its fair enough to complain, but to sound like assholes about it (yes, you all sound like assholes right now), is not the way to get what you want.
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2010 at 3:35am
i love how so many people complain in this.

international giveaway was a promotional thing for the international shipping.
they said that it could be a permanent thing if it was greatly successful.

and it was FREE giveaway...

If only Queensland had snow...
bdenny4 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Hotham

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2010 at 3:37am
Can somebody lock/delete this thread cos I really can't believe that people are willing to post whinging about not having an International giveaway.
There is a daily giveaway that you can be part of that gives away 1, 2 or 3 boards every day.

They said at the start it was a TEST!!!! FFS!

If you really think SS is that bad GO AWAY
Hotham is Heaven
gmogi View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2010 at 4:52am
I am not sure if I am reading the same thread as everyone else. I do see people complaining, but they are complaining about the lack of communication. It isn't a good business model to say you are going to hold something and then not do it.

So from what I read people like the fact there was an international only giveaway, and thankful that Sierra held that event. What people don't like about is the fact Sierra didn't communicate well when future giveaways will be held, if any. They said they are going to have it once a week, but it didn't happen last week without prior notice (I have stated in my previous post that I think they have the right to do such a thing, but at the same time it doesn't live up to the standard they have lived up to). People suggesting that they should have a giveaway alert, something discussed in other threads, so they don't have to log on at a certain time.

Sierra wanted people to give feedback, which means it could be good or bad. I don't see why people can't post in this thread their opinion about it. I agree with zhenjie that there is right way and wrong way to say this, but there is also a right way and a wrong way to correct people.

If people don't critique/suggest, how can it be better?
Hipsi View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2010 at 4:57am
This is pretty simple, if sierra don't think that we're going to be supportive, they won't do a giveaway for us. I think Metallica22 is really onto something, if we start to show our support (and I mean all aussies(and internationale's)) on here for at least a small reward then maybe with enough support, they'll consider putting some thought back into it. How the f'k some of u guys think they're going to be interested if we carry on like 12 year olds here, I but ponder.
I supply RDA and EBC within Australia at discounted rates, ask me for a price.
Undies View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2010 at 3:00pm
Some people just dont get it. Its called an opinion. Sure I could have worded it differently but they are asking for feedback and some times it's negative. Also No one is actually complaining about having a free giveaway it's just how it's run/ran, keeping people thinking and visiting the site with no answer in sight. Anyway I'm sure they will sort something out.
dongypro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2010 at 3:08pm
I would have it logged on before I leave the house. It's so hard to get the 3pm PST one since its 8am here... ><
VegemiteKid View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2010 at 12:01am
Originally posted by zhenjie

Sure it can be handled better.

Yep
Originally posted by gmogi

lack of communication. It isn't a good business model to say you are going to hold something and then not do it.

Dont get me wrong i  love Sierra, they have saved me a bundle all i want is a little communication.
1. Never underestimate your opponent..expect the unexpected. 2. Take it outside, never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary, and 3...Be nice.
seedboxx View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2010 at 12:54am
I'm from Canada and would love it if this international giveaway idea continued. As suggested before, the prizes don't necessarily have to be a snowboard, but something smaller instead. Heck, I'd probably buy quite a bit if the reward was just even free shipping!
SVS View Drop Down
Local
Local
Goggle

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2010 at 2:20am
Totally support the giveaway. I wish there would be some kind of subscription on news about them or alerts. Though I think gift cards would be a good option to in addition to boards, goggles, T-Shirts (one item per day).
We are is what we think
bugsbunnymydad View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2010 at 2:32am
I'm all for more international giveaways but honestly, I'm very satisfied with the current free shipping for orders over $500. If they make that permanent , that would be awesome.

And please people. Criticism and suggestions are perfectly fine but try to do it in a positive and respectful tone. Threatening and insulting does absolutely nothing.

On the flip side, the "if you don't like it, get out" attitude is pretty counterproductive as well. I'm from Canada and I don't agree on some of our health care system...doesn't mean I should get the f out of Canada forever. It's perfectly fine to be critical and expect changes from things you care about... But just be respectful.
lombasnow View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2010 at 3:09am
i hope that the free shipping for international fall to 300$, that's great.
LeahE View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2010 at 3:16am

agree that this could have been handled better.  Has anyone heard anything from sierra on this?  its odd that they said there would be a giveaway on the wednesday and then there wasn't without any communication - its very unsierra like.  The staff would see this thread, so I find it difficult to understand why they haven't clarrified what happened.

The giveaway was nice while it lasted though.
CANADIAN View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2010 at 7:40am
i hope Sierra start again the intl giveaway! come on guys some kids want a help!
Give me some snow!
SVS View Drop Down
Local
Local
Goggle

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2010 at 11:58pm
yes, it is a little odd that none of staff is responding to this thread. I am quite keen to find out if it is still on and what's being considered if anything at all.
We are is what we think
TunnelSnake01 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
One Piece Love

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2010 at 12:04am
ah well, as it would appear in this case, all good things come to an end. Back to getting up at 8am for the normal giveaway. it's such a hard life :-P
SVS View Drop Down
Local
Local
Goggle

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2010 at 12:19am
No pain, no gain -)

It is only 10 am for me but I normally have meetings and briefs at that time.
We are is what we think
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2010 at 12:29am
Yeah its a sure thing now up at 8 for the giveaway, problem being I'm off and away well before then, problem solved have enlisted my kids to log on and sort matters, one of them would get the prize anyway ha
elibelli View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2010 at 12:36am
so when is the next international giveaway?
gmogi View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2010 at 1:37am
I believe they stop doing it. It might come back, it might not. So I guess it would be TBD/TBA.
Mutley View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2010 at 12:59pm
Hopefully it does come back.
JonZap View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2010 at 1:28am
At the end of the ski giveaway Jared said that it won't be back till there are tonnes of people.
nzben View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2010 at 1:39am
crap man. is the only reason why people log on is to get free crap use your time a little more wisely and maybe convert all the whining into something constructive? do you guys even shred? or just sit at the cafe drinking soy decaf latte's sitting next to your free sierra snowboard?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>