Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Online Status: Offline
  Quote AyChan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mt high season pass
    Posted: Nov/05/2010 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by jdm_dc5

That's what i thought but i used my friends pass last season sometimes and I never got ask to see it.

ive lent my pass out several times and it never got checked.. but i've seen ppl check it all depends on the luck of the draw i guess
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2010 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by AyChan87

Originally posted by jdm_dc5

That's what i thought but i used my friends pass last season sometimes and I never got ask to see it.

ive lent my pass out several times and it never got checked.. but i've seen ppl check it all depends on the luck of the draw i guess

Yup it all depends on your luck...just don't bitch about it if your pass gets caught being used by one of your friends LOL
scionteecee View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote scionteecee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2010 at 10:18pm
MT HIGH IS OPENING TOMoROWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jdm_dc5 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jdm_dc5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2010 at 1:15pm
Mt high opens today!!!!!!!!!!
davchia View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote davchia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2010 at 1:50pm
weeeeeeeee
Mrs.J''Onzz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Mrs.J''Onzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2010 at 8:56pm
For people who went, how's the condition up there? Is it slash/icy? I plan to go this sat =) hopefully it won't be too hot!
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2010 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Mrs.J''Onzz

For people who went, how's the condition up there? Is it slash/icy? I plan to go this sat =) hopefully it won't be too hot!

s'posed to snow a bit on saturday!
jdm_dc5 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jdm_dc5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2010 at 12:57pm
I heard that too cant wait to go on sunday!!!
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2010 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Mrs.J''Onzz

it is icy in some spots...coverage was decent on Saturday.  Didn't hit rocks the features though...the landing of them got messed up quick but that always happens I guess LOL
dy3versity View Drop Down
Local
Local
Fresh Pow!

Quote dy3versity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2010 at 2:24am
I have my pass ready! I cant wait to scan it for the first time this season!

In regards to lending out your pass, just wait for a lil bit and see if they're actually checking the passes.
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2010 at 9:10am
Originally posted by dy3versity

I have my pass ready! I cant wait to scan it for the first time this season!

In regards to lending out your pass, just wait for a lil bit and see if they're actually checking the passes.

pretty sure they do spot checks. i never got checked, but ive heard stories of them checking and confiscating passes once in a while
Shift4200 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Just before descending into the Waipio Valley Hawai'i

Quote Shift4200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2010 at 9:13am
Not that i condone this but... i've been with people that have been checked when wearing someone else's pass.  If you do happen to borrow a pass and get checked... be sure to say you FOUND THE PASS.  If you say you borrowed it, not only will you get kicked off the hill, but the pass holder could have his pass revoked.  If you say you found it, then there is less consequence for the person u borrowed it from.
Sleepy31 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Sleepy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2010 at 8:54am
not even gonna consider going to mtn high until late dec or january.. the coverage is thin... 
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2010 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Sleepy31

not even gonna consider going to mtn high until late dec or january.. the coverage is thin... 

actually, coverage is pretty good right now (:
jdm_dc5 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jdm_dc5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2010 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by dvdngu

Originally posted by Sleepy31

actually, coverage is pretty good right now (:

Its going to suck if this weather keeps up. It was at 28" at base down to 20".
davidr1623 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote davidr1623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2011 at 11:06am
i hope it snows this week
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2011 at 2:59pm
as of right now, weather report says itll snow wed. maybe thurs and friday. also on the 23rd of feb. i'm crossing my fingers.
mikejkemmer View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote mikejkemmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2011 at 1:45pm
@ ATTROX

there are no black out dates, but remember that with the free passes, there are excluded dates at "peak weekends" so if you want to take a friend, just remember that.
mikejkemmer View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote mikejkemmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2011 at 1:46pm
well it will definitely snow, or theyll make a lot of fake powder; i check weather bug every morning and they say that it's a 70% chance of precipitation (hopefully snow)
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote davidr1623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2011 at 12:53pm
if you go to skiforfree.com you can get discounted tickets for mt high. good deals
nautika96 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote nautika96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2011 at 1:07pm
the best deals are the midweek ones. 50% iirc
wpiass View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote wpiass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2011 at 1:11pm
they also have a pretty good deal for the 5 or 10 day punch cards...just don't lose it!
be talkin to ya
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2011 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by wpiass

they also have a pretty good deal for the 5 or 10 day punch cards...just don't lose it!

I've never heard of this, please elaborate.  Big smile
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
jofro View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote jofro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2011 at 10:05am
its best to get a season pass in the summer its the cheapest time
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote davidr1623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2011 at 2:43pm
they just came out with a $300 season pass good for the rest of this season and all of next season. i guess if you already have one it sucks but i guess its more for the people that didnt renew their old one or just never had one. price goes up this summer to $350
BboyTommy View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BboyTommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2011 at 2:53pm

they should at least offer a lower price for those who already have a pass.

dance like no one's watching
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 6:54am
or give us 2 free tickets...i mean something for those customers who renewed last august
Silent311 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Silent311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2011 at 8:44am
They are offering a dualpass now for the end of this season into next season... for $299
Xristian9 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Xristian9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2011 at 1:41pm
I wonder if the $349 price will offer 2 lift tickets next season....
tc913 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote tc913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2011 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Xristian9

I wonder if the $349 price will offer 2 lift tickets next season....

no, they already stated it in the forums
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kirium81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2012 at 9:46am
So I got an email today about the freedom pass going on sale 9/1 and how you can get a buddy ticket if you buy before 9/10 and that it works for Steven's Pass, WA. Do you guys know if this applies to people who already renewed the pass earlier this year? I looked on the forums but not much there. 
Its not fun unless its sketchy
hana24 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote hana24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2012 at 9:53am
Originally posted by kirium81

So I got an email today about the freedom pass going on sale 9/1 and how you can get a buddy ticket if you buy before 9/10 and that it works for Steven's Pass, WA. Do you guys know if this applies to people who already renewed the pass earlier this year? I looked on the forums but not much there. 

probably should call mt high and find out

also I think the free buddy pass is only for first responders
http://www.mthigh.com/news/mountain-highs-huge-freedom-pass-sale-begins-sept-1st
if you read in the 2nd paragraph they say it's for first responders who renew or buy

Edit: nm buddy pass is included for everyone who buys before 9/10...Mt High cleared it up on their fb page
My blog about snowboarding, vids too! - http://yukitabanana.wordpress.com/

Updated weekly!
lotechpeter View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote lotechpeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2012 at 10:07am
I'm really curios what the benefits are at Stevens Pass, its says 799 value which is the full price for Stevens Pass everyday pass, I wonder if it has any black out days?
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kirium81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2012 at 10:20am
Originally posted by lotechpeter

I'm really curios what the benefits are at Stevens Pass, its says 799 value which is the full price for Stevens Pass everyday pass, I wonder if it has any black out days?

Yeah, its a little weird how they understate it too. I mean if we can use our MT high pass over there like a regular Stevens Pass everyday pass, thats pretty huge! No SoCal season pass has ever been able to do this. I'll have to give them a call.
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2012 at 11:01am
I talked to Mt. High and yea... it's basically 2 season passes for the price of 1.. no mention of blackout dates.
What prevents Stevens pass people from getting it is they have to come to Mt. high and take their picture at the resort...
lotechpeter View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote lotechpeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2012 at 4:25pm
wow that's interesting, i normally get a bear pass but I have been planning on a trip to Washington, this could really work out
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kirium81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 11:33am

wow that's interesting, i normally get a bear pass but I have been planning on a trip to Washington, this could really work out

Yeah I've always done Bear but also got MTH's pass for the last 2 years. It pains me to say this but Bear will not get renewed. Not just because of the drive (which i don't mind so much) but for some reason, the past 2 season I just can't get enough speed to clear the bottom 3 jumps on lower park run after like 11am. Its just too damn slow for me, even though I see other people clearing them :( 

I took a trip to WA last year. It was amazing, especially considering the bad winter we all had. Mt Baker, Steven's Pass and Cyrstal. Mt Baker was the best pow i've ever had, but it didnt hurt that they all got a foot the night before I came through! Will definitely go back especially with this deal!
gsrrr View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
shred ze gnar

Quote gsrrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 11:41am

Yeah I've always done Bear but also got MTH's pass for the last 2 years. It pains me to say this but Bear will not get renewed. Not just because of the drive (which i don't mind so much) but for some reason, the past 2 season I just can't get enough speed to clear the bottom 3 jumps on lower park run after like 11am. Its just too damn slow for me, even though I see other people clearing them :( 

I took a trip to WA last year. It was amazing, especially considering the bad winter we all had. Mt Baker, Steven's Pass and Cyrstal. Mt Baker was the best pow i've ever had, but it didnt hurt that they all got a foot the night before I came through! Will definitely go back especially with this deal!

You need to use some lighter fluid on your base. Wink
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 11:45am
someone needs to do some work on their board... wrong structure for SoCal?? extruded?? no wax sintered?? all of the above?
BunnySloper View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Love my new Bern helmet!

Quote BunnySloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 12:25pm
If they had this last year, I would have renewed my Season Pass becuase I have been in Washington since September of last year.
In Pacific NW for part of the 2012/2013 Season.
kirium81 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kirium81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Witty1

someone needs to do some work on their board... wrong structure for SoCal?? extruded?? no wax sintered?? all of the above?

I have tried both extruded and sintered bases. I'm pretty sure its not the base and I wax every other day out. I would like to say its because the snow gets so slow around 11 from melting, but I know its not true because I see people being able to clear the jumps. But yeah, I straight line it all the from where the jibs are before the jumps and can barely clear the 2nd and dont even attempt the 3rd one anymore. 

Originally posted by gsrrr

Are you serious? You mean like i need to clean my base of the gunk? I feel like it can't be the base having gunk because of all the constant waxing and scraping i do. But i'm definitely down for suggestions. I don't like having to hit jumps by taking a bee line approach. 
gsrrr View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
shred ze gnar

Quote gsrrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 4:42pm

Originally posted by Witty1

I have tried both extruded and sintered bases. I'm pretty sure its not the base and I wax every other day out. I would like to say its because the snow gets so slow around 11 from melting, but I know its not true because I see people being able to clear the jumps. But yeah, I straight line it all the from where the jibs are before the jumps and can barely clear the 2nd and dont even attempt the 3rd one anymore. 

Originally posted by gsrrr

Are you serious? You mean like i need to clean my base of the gunk? I feel like it can't be the base having gunk because of all the constant waxing and scraping i do. But i'm definitely down for suggestions. I don't like having to hit jumps by taking a bee line approach. 

No I was not serious.  That's why I included the smiley face.  There was a thread on here a while back about using lighter fluid.  

Do you brush your base after waxing?  Is your board old?  Maybe it will help with a base grind?
Witty1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Witty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2012 at 11:53pm
you probably need a coarser base structure for the wet snow...
the fine structure is creating a bit of a suction effect.

Read into ski race tuning... (go to Tognar's website) I can explain it to you.... but i'd rather u do the work.

What wax are you using btw? I'd like to know so that I don't get it... j/k
Flying Penguin View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Flying Penguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2013 at 4:39pm
I wouldn't recommend a Mt High season pass. The amount of snow they have been getting is quite low. It isn't work the money, just use Liftopia.com and just get a 8 hour lift ticket for 40 bucks. I think that is the better option.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12