Extra 10-20% off select Purchases
More Info - Join Now
0 Staff | 9 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 408,048 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > Travel, Resorts & Regional Riders > East Coast Riders

Quick Login: Forgot password?

People to ride with in NC

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 12>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: People to ride with in NC
    Posted: Nov/20/2010 at 2:21am
I saw the Pre Jib at App has been postponed unti Dec 5th...hopefuy by then the weather wi change for the better...

I see Cat is open again this weekend. Thought about going up, more so to do some shopping in Ashvie.
Brian2127 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Brian2127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2010 at 4:30am
My girlfriend and I ride Sugar Mountain about twice a month from Novemeber to March. We are both intermediate riders always looking to ride with bigger groups. We are from Georgia so we ride from Friday to Monday.......damn jobs! Hit me up if you want to go. We can also go over to Beech. Any other suggestions are welcomed.
thescallywag View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote thescallywag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2010 at 5:42am
NC local on the samepage... i have about 7-8 people going toany of the nc slopes, send me a message with an email or a facebook name and we can get this going!

Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2010 at 5:46am
Originally posted by Brian2127

My girlfriend and I ride Sugar Mountain about twice a month from Novemeber to March. We are both intermediate riders always looking to ride with bigger groups. We are from Georgia so we ride from Friday to Monday.......damn jobs! Hit me up if you want to go. We can also go over to Beech. Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Do you guys ever stay the night out there? My fiance and I are always looking for people to ride with, but we'd rather spend the night and split the cost of a room in Banner Elk/Beech since it's a 4 hour drive out there for us. I guess we're both intermediate as well, we ride the blue runs at Beech and black runs at Snowshoe in the crazy powder storms last season. God that was AWESOME.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2010 at 12:48am
Orb: I'd like to say that this would be a perfect opportunity for me to get my g/f up to the mountains...but since I just ended that and the fact that I'd be afraid she'd keep everyone up at night with the amount of noise she made...I may have to find an alternative. LOL!
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2010 at 5:09am
Originally posted by STRICK-9

Orb: I'd like to say that this would be a perfect opportunity for me to get my g/f up to the mountains...but since I just ended that and the fact that I'd be afraid she'd keep everyone up at night with the amount of noise she made...I may have to find an alternative. LOL!

Hehe. It usually takes me forever to fall asleep unless I've been drinking too, so that might not have been a good plan. I know we're going up to Beech a few days after Xmas when my younger brother comes up from FL, he's never seen snow before. Then the 2nd week in Feb we're renting a condo for the entire week when my other brother comes up, also from FL hehehe.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 12:48am
Did anyone manke it up to Cat this weekend...if so, how were the conditions. I think this is going to be a great week to make snow for them. Temps are suppose to be low!
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 4:55am

Did anyone manke it up to Cat this weekend...if so, how were the conditions. I think this is going to be a great week to make snow for them. Temps are suppose to be low!

By looking at the webcam it looked pretty bad, huge green spots. Starting Thurs night they should be able to make tons of snow.
Snow Day Colorado

Brian2127 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Brian2127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 5:05am
Yeah, we usually stay Friday to Monday. We stay at a little Chalet accross the street from Sugar but we were just talking about checking out some other mountains. We will be there this weekend from Friday until Monday. Private message me if you will be there and we can meet up and go board together.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 5:10am
Originally posted by Brian2127

Yeah, we usually stay Friday to Monday. We stay at a little Chalet accross the street from Sugar but we were just talking about checking out some other mountains. We will be there this weekend from Friday until Monday. Private message me if you will be there and we can meet up and go board together.

We won't be out there till at least next weekend, this weekend is too busy right now.
Snow Day Colorado

Brian2127 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Brian2127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 5:51am
Just called Sugar and Beech. Same answer from both. They are TRYING to be open this Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
bmcmahan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bmcmahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2010 at 5:53am

Headed up next Friday, if anyone wants to meet up. 

Even his enemy’s list him as there emergency contact.

nuggetuconn View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote nuggetuconn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 3:11am
hey guys im from new england, im heading down to boone mountain mid december. plz tell me there'll be snow! i look at weather.com and it looks awfully warm :(
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2010 at 4:58am
Originally posted by nuggetuconn

hey guys im from new england, im heading down to boone mountain mid december. plz tell me there'll be snow! i look at weather.com and it looks awfully warm :(

The SE resorts don't receive much natural snow, 50-100" a year for the whole season. But, we've got the best snowmaking systems in the country to counter that fact. They can blanket the entire resort in several inches of manmade snow in only a day. It's pretty impressive actually.
Snow Day Colorado

STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2010 at 5:40am
Wow....what was suppose to be a great week of weather leading up to this weekend has been horrible. The say the cold wether will be here tomorrow but I am seriously doubting it....
jhudson3 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jhudson3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2010 at 5:25pm
Hey is anyone planning on being at snowshoe over Christmas?? Ive got a condo that week and looking for some company in tha park. hit me up.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2010 at 10:23pm
Booked the Time Share for a week in Feb at Beech mtn. Anyone planning on being there the 2nd week in Feb?
Snow Day Colorado

STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2010 at 1:32am
Superorb: I'll let you know as it gets closer whether I'll make it up that away around that time....I heard Beech is a hard drive thru the mtns and idk if my bimmer can make it on run flats!

Which is why i choose cat, wolf and winter
heischjr View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote heischjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2010 at 2:02am
Originally posted by jhudson3

Hey is anyone planning on being at snowshoe over Christmas?? Ive got a condo that week and looking for some company in tha park. hit me up.
I should be getting there on the 26th and staying until the 30th.  Where are you staying?
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2010 at 7:09am

Superorb: I'll let you know as it gets closer whether I'll make it up that away around that time....I heard Beech is a hard drive thru the mtns and idk if my bimmer can make it on run flats!

Which is why i choose cat, wolf and winter

Beech isn't that bad, I've gone in our FWD econobox and we made it there/back fine except for one spot of lots of ice in a parking lot. We go to Wintergreen which is good, but we went to Winterplace once and hated it. It took us ages to get to the far left lift, and it's a PITA to get there since it's flat for a long stretch. We just didn't like it. Of course, we were noobs back then so maybe things have changed.
Snow Day Colorado

rade View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Ballin!!!

Quote rade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2010 at 3:09pm
Hey, I stay in Charlotte NC and went to sugar and app all last year and looking to switch thing up a bit and hit beech up. Looking to find a crew/group to hang out with and I'll help with gas
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2010 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by rade

Hey, I stay in Charlotte NC and went to sugar and app all last year and looking to switch thing up a bit and hit beech up. Looking to find a crew/group to hang out with and I'll help with gas

Too bad you're not in Raleigh, we go to Beech usually.
Snow Day Colorado

STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2010 at 7:12pm
All: Cataloochee has now made 24" of base since friday Night...

I can't imagine how much they'll have by tomorrow morning.
SH View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2010 at 2:22pm
Quote Superorb   Quote Reply Posted: Nov/26/2010 at 12:23am
Booked the Time Share for a week in Feb at Beech mtn. Anyone planning on being there the 2nd week in Feb?

We have a group of 5 couples heading up to Beech Feb 4th thru the 8th. We are staying right on the slopes. When are you getting there?
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2010 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by SH

Quote Superorb   Quote Reply Posted: Nov/26/2010 at 12:23am

We have a group of 5 couples heading up to Beech Feb 4th thru the 8th. We are staying right on the slopes. When are you getting there?

We'll be getting there on Saturday evening (Feb 5th) and leaving the following Saturday (Feb 12th). We're at the Four Seasons which is only a few blocks walk from the slopes. It'll be nice hanging out with people up there besides just my fiance and noob brother. I don't think we'll be riding till the weekdays to save cash, but who knows at this point.
Snow Day Colorado

SH View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2010 at 2:54pm
Cool. We are limited on time due to WORK :( However, a group of us fellas will be coming up for as many overnighters as possible. We are all firfighters and have easy schedules........its the wives and girlfriends that have the 9 to 5s....
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/30/2010 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by SH

Cool. We are limited on time due to WORK :( However, a group of us fellas will be coming up for as many overnighters as possible. We are all firfighters and have easy schedules........its the wives and girlfriends that have the 9 to 5s....

Same with me, I work from home and my other half does the 8-5 deal weekdays. I'll be super busy till after Xmas, usually 2 weeks or so into January but after that it's slower the rest of the year. The 4 hour drive to Beech kills it for us though.
Snow Day Colorado

bmcmahan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bmcmahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2010 at 3:17am
Beech is opening on Saturday is anyone going?  I might head up to Sugar on Friday if they get a few more trails open.
Even his enemy’s list him as there emergency contact.

movesmusic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote movesmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2010 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by bmcmahan

Beech is opening on Saturday is anyone going?  I might head up to Sugar on Friday if they get a few more trails open.

I'm going up this weekend and I'll be at Beech or App, maybe both... I have a pass to Beech, but the $5 tix at App for the anniversary weekend are just so appetizing...

Either way, I'm riding hard this weekend.
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2010 at 1:36am
wow...in't hear about the $5 passes....that place will be a zoo.

SH: Also check out one of the NC Mtns offers a Firefighter Day in Jan an Feb, tix are real cheap...
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2010 at 5:26am
I went to App's opening day last year for the $5 deal and the place was mobbed. And they only had the bunny hill on the left and the straight, steep black open. The blue between the two was turned into a park. It sucked. It looks like they might have a lot more snow this year though.
Snow Day Colorado

rade View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Ballin!!!

Quote rade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2010 at 7:31am
Is the $5 dollar deal Friday or Saturday?
movesmusic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote movesmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2010 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by rade

Is the $5 dollar deal Friday or Saturday?

Saturday, but it will be packed (snow and people!) as Orb mentioned.  I would probably just hike the park if I went... EARN the turns!  But I have a few other people going as well, so it'll be a group decision.

Happy I already got some time in at Sugar a few weeks ago... killing the high speed rollers!

Just stoked to have snow!  It's effing freezing in Charlotte right now!!!  Love it!
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2010 at 2:04am
I think I m heaing to Cat....they are making mad snow. The base is gotta be 3' now. Plus, they are making snow up to the first quad run but they will not make a determination on it until Friday afternoon.
wormshady View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote wormshady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2010 at 12:42pm
yeah....avoid app at all cost this weekend...went last year on the $5 opening day. worst $5 spent believe it or not. be prepared to stand in line for at least 1/2 hour for runs that take 1/2 a minute. guess i'm spoiled for riding at sugar almost everyday. went thursday and conditions were great and will only be better this weekend. i'll be there saturday and sunday night. maybe i'll see some of you out there...
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2010 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by bmcmahan

Is the old road to Beech still open?
sethjohnson07 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sethjohnson07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2010 at 12:55pm
Heading up to Beech in the morning.
SH View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2010 at 1:59pm
Are there 2 ways to get to Beech? I only know to take Tynecastle to the red light and hang a left. Then down a mile or two before taking a right.
matt227c View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote matt227c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2010 at 2:04pm
Anyone going anywhere in Pa..7 springs??
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2010 at 1:32am
WORM: Have never ridden Sugar...how is it compared to Cat as far as runs and overall trails.
Austin.Connick View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2010 at 2:58pm
anyone going to app this friday?
rade View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Ballin!!!

Quote rade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2010 at 4:47pm
I'm going to sugar this Friday if you wanna go lol
Austin.Connick View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2010 at 4:49pm
go to app
SH View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 9:26am
Where is App? We go to Sugar and Beech every year.
Trevinpendry View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Carpet boarding.

Quote Trevinpendry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 9:30am
App is between boone and blowing rock I do believe, ive only been there once.

http://www.appskimtn.com/asm-right-now/introduction/
Romans 1:16 For I a m not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes...
palmeirense1099 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote palmeirense1099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 3:02pm
Who has the best night riding? Sugar or Beech?

I know everyone hates on Sugar but I'm curious. Looking to go Sunday night if conditions hold up. I haven't done night riding on the east coast in a long time, we'll see how it goes.
palmeirense1099 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote palmeirense1099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 3:03pm

I know everyone hates on Sugar but I'm curious. Looking to go Sunday night if conditions hold up. I haven't done night riding on the east coast in a long time, we'll see how it goes.
Trevinpendry View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Carpet boarding.

Quote Trevinpendry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by palmeirense1099

Whats up with everybody hatin on sugar? Ive never been, and they look pretty decent on the trail map. Ive been to app and beech, and app isnt that great unless you ride the park.
Romans 1:16 For I a m not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes...
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 4:17pm
^^ People hate on Sugar because management doesn't care about the customer. Once they get your money at the ticket window they're happy, even if you aren't. They'll run the guns throughout the day even though it blinds riders, and if you have a complaint or any other concerns that require management, well, you're better off just keeping them to yourself because they will fall on deaf ears.
Snow Day Colorado

ABrad25 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Play hard or look good

Quote ABrad25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 4:20pm
Good luck man i had no idea people even ride there 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>