Extra 10-20% off select Purchases
More Info - Join Now
0 Staff | 13 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 393,829 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > Travel, Resorts & Regional Riders > East Coast Riders

Quick Login: Forgot password?

People to ride with in NC

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 12>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Austin.Connick View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: People to ride with in NC
    Posted: May/10/2010 at 2:33pm
i need people to ride with this coming up year that will help me progress and get better
mkee19 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mkee19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2010 at 1:36am
where do you normally ride at?  I'm in Md.....I usually ride in PA...but I've seen a few peeps from NC that come this way and vice versa.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2010 at 10:39am
ive only been in NC just cause i dont have my license and thats the only place ive been able to go to but im gonna have my license this year and im trying to ride anywhere i can
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2010 at 12:46pm
My fiance and I normally go to Winter Green and Beech, but usually WG since it's a lot closer to us in Cary/Raleigh. We'll be moving to Denver next summer, so we've got 1 more season in NC.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2010 at 2:51pm
sweet well definantly hit me up this winter to ride i just got a board today
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2010 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Austin.Connick

sweet well definantly hit me up this winter to ride i just got a board today

Awesome. Are you new to snowboarding?
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2010 at 2:16am
i am i just got my first board yesterday and im stoked to get to ride it i know all the basic stuff though
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2010 at 5:03am

i am i just got my first board yesterday and im stoked to get to ride it i know all the basic stuff though

The best thing for you to do would be to get a private lesson for as long as possible. They're expensive, so the more you can save up between now and then the better you will be. I should've done a private lesson when I started, but I didn't and it took long to learn. If you can link turns already though, you might not need a long private lesson; maybe an hour or so would be good.

We're always looking for people to split gas cost with, you're welcome to ride with us. I've got a Subaru wagon with a rack up top so plenty of room for us and our other gear in the car.
Snow Day Colorado

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2010 at 1:10pm
ive got a friend that is super good that is gonna help me out for free
hchang42 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote hchang42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2010 at 1:18pm
I lived in Tennessee for the longest time. My friends and I usually go to beech or sugar. I recently moved to Minnesota. But I'm pretty sure I'd be hitting the mountains with my friends when the season starts back up.

Sugar and Beech are essentially the same...I like sugar better, just because of its course (i do there more often too)

Oh, definitely stay away from the bunny slope, like the 'learn to snowboard' place. It's just a bunch of inexperienced snowboarders crammed into a tiny hill trying to learn. If you want to learn. Go up to the easier slope (if you go to sugar it's called 'easy street') and learn with your friend there. Honestly, the very first time I went snowboarding, and went on that bunny slope. It was terrible. Literally just kids crashing into each other and madness.

Good luck! :)
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2010 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by hchang42

I lived in Tennessee for the longest time. My friends and I usually go to beech or sugar. I recently moved to Minnesota. But I'm pretty sure I'd be hitting the mountains with my friends when the season starts back up.

Sugar and Beech are essentially the same...I like sugar better, just because of its course (i do there more often too)

Oh, definitely stay away from the bunny slope, like the 'learn to snowboard' place. It's just a bunch of inexperienced snowboarders crammed into a tiny hill trying to learn. If you want to learn. Go up to the easier slope (if you go to sugar it's called 'easy street') and learn with your friend there. Honestly, the very first time I went snowboarding, and went on that bunny slope. It was terrible. Literally just kids crashing into each other and madness.

Good luck! :)

i can ride already hes just gonna teach me more advanced stuff
aserran0 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote aserran0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2010 at 4:46pm
im from Charlotte NC, n im also a beginner. i've been to Sugar and Appalachian. where are u from?
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2010 at 5:07pm

ive got a friend that is super good that is gonna help me out for free

Cool, maybe he can help Kim and myself too. We're fine on greens and decent on blues, but anything to help us a bit more always helps.
Snow Day Colorado

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2010 at 5:57pm
hes more of a park person though
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2010 at 6:00am

hes more of a park person though

Ahh. Yeah, we both don't ride the park, at least not yet.
Snow Day Colorado

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2010 at 1:24pm
yeah thats what i wanna get into i can do all the other stuff i already have hit a black diamond hahahah did it my first time but i slid on my butt half way
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2010 at 2:57pm

yeah thats what i wanna get into i can do all the other stuff i already have hit a black diamond hahahah did it my first time but i slid on my butt half way

We did a black run at Snowshoe, but they had just gotten over a FOOT of powder so it was a lot of fun. If it wasn't powder we wouldn't have been able to do the black run.
Snow Day Colorado

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2010 at 4:21pm
yeah when i did mine it was night and was all ice and slippery
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2010 at 6:18pm

yeah when i did mine it was night and was all ice and slippery

Much of the luck we've had was going to places when conditions were ideal. Both times Wintergreen received 30"+ we went the following day so it was beautiful. And, Snowshoe got 20"+ before we arrived and then dumped 10"+ each day while we were there.
Snow Day Colorado

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2010 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Superorb

Much of the luck we've had was going to places when conditions were ideal. Both times Wintergreen received 30"+ we went the following day so it was beautiful. And, Snowshoe got 20"+ before we arrived and then dumped 10"+ each day while we were there.[/QUOTE]

thats ridiculous hahahahah
thesalmonseahawk View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote thesalmonseahawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2010 at 12:11pm

Originally posted by Superorb

Much of the luck we've had was going to places when conditions were ideal. Both times Wintergreen received 30"+ we went the following day so it was beautiful. And, Snowshoe got 20"+ before we arrived and then dumped 10"+ each day while we were there.

thats ridiculous hahahahah

Not really. This past year in the Mid-Atlantic was insane. There were definitely days like that multiple times in January and February. I know I was at Beech one day when there was 18" of fresh and I've seen pictures from Wintergreen and Snowshoe that looked like ones from out West.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2010 at 2:25pm
^^ Yup, it was SPECTACULAR!
Snow Day Colorado

noahspapa View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote noahspapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2010 at 6:54pm
Im a rookie to we need to get a group and go to app. this year
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2010 at 5:22am
Originally posted by noahspapa

Im a rookie to we need to get a group and go to app. this year

Only if you want to go for park. For regular learning App isn't good because it's still too small with too many beginners in the same area. I learned there and I'll never take anyone else to learn there. Wintergreen has a huge beginner area and it's convenient for me since I live in Raleigh.
Snow Day Colorado

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2010 at 3:30pm
thats what im going to app for
ncrun1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ncrun1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2010 at 6:54pm
Ill be at app state next year so ill be on the slopes every week probably, Ive been to app and sugar but think i may start going to beech to avoid the traffic at sugar
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2010 at 7:21am
Originally posted by ncrun1

Ill be at app state next year so ill be on the slopes every week probably, Ive been to app and sugar but think i may start going to beech to avoid the traffic at sugar

If you didn't know, Beech has a wonderful high speed quad that goes to the top. Goes slow unloading/loading and super fast out of the houses. Sugar's got much slower lifts. The lift to the top there takes 14 minutes.
Snow Day Colorado

STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2010 at 4:01am
Can winter come please.....its been so hot I'm not even playing golf. Hate this middle ground and I so want to ride my new board.

A Sierra Animal Hybrid
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2010 at 6:30am
Originally posted by STRICK-9

Can winter come please.....its been so hot I'm not even playing golf. Hate this middle ground and I so want to ride my new board.

A Sierra Animal Hybrid

It's still 90F around here, it should've at least started cooling off by now. It's ridiculous.
Snow Day Colorado

Peekaboo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Peekaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2010 at 7:04am
LOL Ahhh sugar mt.   I go there a few times a year. First place I learned snowboarding. I just went straight to Blue square on the side because the bunny slope was so damn crowded.

I would go with you, but I prob wont be going up to NC too often this season.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2010 at 4:07pm
It is starting to cool down where im at but its still hot as crap just not as hot as its been
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2010 at 4:10pm

It is starting to cool down where im at but its still hot as crap just not as hot as its been

Really? We're still in the 90's in Raleigh.
Snow Day Colorado

movesmusic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote movesmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2010 at 9:58am
I'll be at Beech quite a bit this season... driving from Charlotte...
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2010 at 11:33am
yeah we still get up in the 90s just not high or mid 90s and it doesn't seem that hot
movesmusic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote movesmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2010 at 11:32am
Originally posted by movesmusic

I'll be at Beech quite a bit this season... driving from Charlotte...

I also like beer and strong hucks in the park...
Kona View Drop Down
Local
Local
kona

Quote Kona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2010 at 12:34pm
http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15900

You will probably have better luck with this thread. 
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2010 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Kona

http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15900

You will probably have better luck with this thread. 

What was the exact username that you PM'd for Donald? I PM'd "Donald" username and haven't heard from him yet. In fact he hasn't even read the PM I sent yet.
Snow Day Colorado

Kona View Drop Down
Local
Local
kona

Quote Kona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2010 at 6:12pm
I pm'd donald  here's a link to his profile man

http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/profile.asp?PF=11
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2010 at 6:15pm

I pm'd donald  here's a link to his profile man

http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/profile.asp?PF=11

Yeah, that's definitely the same guy I PM'd earlier. He's logged in today, but he hasn't read my PM yet. If they can't do the swap I'll just have to learn on the longer board. 162 to 159 is a pretty big difference though.
Snow Day Colorado

Kona View Drop Down
Local
Local
kona

Quote Kona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2010 at 3:07am
I don't think you have much to worry about.  159 -> 162 isn't a huge difference in my opinion.  If it was like a 156 then sure.  But with the RC being a powder board the length should be helpful.  I think it took Donald a day or two to get back to me. 
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2010 at 5:50am
^^ Exactly. Powder board + east coast = wrong. Since this board is a lot stiffer than my 09 Crew if I get it in the same size (159) it will appear to be longer without really being longer. Stiffer + longer board I'd never be able to turn.

Now, we're moving to Denver next summer so it'll probably be perfect in 162 for that, but I've got an entire season until then.
Snow Day Colorado

Kona View Drop Down
Local
Local
kona

Quote Kona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2010 at 10:39am
Moving to Denver? Well if you need a moving companion feel free to ask me.

Any news from Donald yet?
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2010 at 10:41am

Moving to Denver? Well if you need a moving companion feel free to ask me.

Any news from Donald yet?

Yup, Denver area next summer after we get married here. Nothing from Donald. It's official, SS has been sold to The House so I doubt they'll swap boards now. I can get a new board for $170 shipped though, but I don't want to spend the money. I'll just learn how to ride the 162.
Snow Day Colorado

usmcfuzz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote usmcfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2010 at 2:06pm
hey im totally down to find new people to go boarding with, i used to live in wisconsin and havent been on for about nine years so im like a born again snow virgin, me and my roommate are both going to arts school in raleigh for film and photography degrees so we want to get back into snowboarding/ have people to film and photograph so maybe we can hit up some slopes
δya heardδ
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2010 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by usmcfuzz

hey im totally down to find new people to go boarding with, i used to live in wisconsin and havent been on for about nine years so im like a born again snow virgin, me and my roommate are both going to arts school in raleigh for film and photography degrees so we want to get back into snowboarding/ have people to film and photograph so maybe we can hit up some slopes

My fiance and I go to either Wintergreen or Beech depending which has better conditions at the time. We're on the Cary/Raleigh border. I've got a Subaru with a roof rack and we're always looking for others to split gas costs.
Snow Day Colorado

usmcfuzz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote usmcfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2010 at 9:37am
hey thats whats up... how do u guys usually do it... like a weekend thing..longer?? cuz the two of us are going to Living arts college and we dont get normal breaks because its a year round school
δya heardδ
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2010 at 10:16am
Originally posted by usmcfuzz

hey thats whats up... how do u guys usually do it... like a weekend thing..longer?? cuz the two of us are going to Living arts college and we dont get normal breaks because its a year round school

The last 2 years we just went up for the day and came back same day, but I think this year we'll be trying to go up Fri night and come home Sunday evening or probably go up Sat and come back Sunday evening. 4 hours there and back for 8 hours driving total in 1 day is just too much driving, especially after riding all day and getting worn out.

We're both past beginners, but we mostly ride blue and green runs. During last year's dump at Snowshoe we rode a few blacks, but that was only due to the huge amounts of powder at the time. What level are you guys at?
Snow Day Colorado

Kona View Drop Down
Local
Local
kona

Quote Kona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2010 at 6:12pm
I'd like to meet up, its faster for me to ride by myself coming from Upstate SC.  Ignore my question in the other NC thread superorb.  I usually just go for the full day when riding
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2010 at 5:34am

I'd like to meet up, its faster for me to ride by myself coming from Upstate SC.  Ignore my question in the other NC thread superorb.  I usually just go for the full day when riding

Do you normally go to Beech or elsewhere?
Snow Day Colorado

SH View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2010 at 6:43am
Whats up fellas? Its cooling down!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>