Extra 10-20% off select Purchases
More Info - Join Now
0 Staff | 5 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 426,195 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > Travel, Resorts & Regional Riders > East Coast Riders

Quick Login: Forgot password?

People to ride with in NC

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 23456 12>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: People to ride with in NC
    Posted: Dec/06/2010 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by ABrad25

Good luck man i had no idea people even ride there 

Sugar? They're the largest in NC and are a shorter drive than Beech. But, their lift takes 14 minutes to get to the top compared to Beech where it's under 5 minutes. Also, Sugar will charge full price for only having a few runs open or generally crappy conditions.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 1:49am
Thx Superorb...

wormshady View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote wormshady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 12:45pm
to the one complaining about the snow guns being on at sugar...how else are they supposed to make snow and have slopes open for YOU to ride...also, you can obviously tell when snow is being made, so if you're going to complain about it...stay home. what next??? complaining when it's cold??? it's snowboarding....man up.
movesmusic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote movesmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 12:54pm
Despite the fact that they can be a pain in the ass on the goggles, I don't mind the guns due to the very reason that worm mentioned.

The lifts are my largest issue with Sugar and mgmt can sometimes be flakey, but it is a more ski dedicated resort by far, so that is something to take into consideration...

The mgmt thing can happen in any case though, so yeah, it is mainly the lifts that annoy me.

I'll be at Beech tomorrow... Big smile
wormshady View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote wormshady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 1:04pm
i agree with you on that...the one quad that beech has is the only thing that sugar is lacking, that and a decent park...i have no complaints as far as the management goes, they have been more than great with me over the years. but as with any business, it can be hit or miss...

and i'll be at sugar all season...Big smile
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote movesmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by wormshady

i agree with you on that...the one quad that beech has is the only thing that sugar is lacking, that and a decent park...i have no complaints as far as the management goes, they have been more than great with me over the years. but as with any business, it can be hit or miss...

and i'll be at sugar all season...Big smile

Had a season pass there last season... chose Beech this year for two reasons... some of my homies wanted to and the money I saved on the pass paid for my flight to Utah.

But I've already hit Sugar once and will hit it again... I gotta hit those snake runs on North and the rock on Tom without a doubt.
wormshady View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote wormshady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2010 at 1:52pm
i hear you on the utah deal...nice...i ride at beech 5 0r 6 times a year but sugar almost everyday because i get off the lift at the top and walk to work each night. let's just say i get a season pass for almost nothing... : ) tom is open with the 15+ inches of snow we've gotten the past few days, but haven't been on it yet. they're opening big red tomorrow too according to kim jochl. i haven't ridden since saturday night because i tweaked my ankle pretty bad and have been walking around in a brace for 3 days, but gonna try it thursday and see how things go...enjoy beech tomorrow
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2010 at 1:31am
Hey all, haven't been night boarding yet an was looking at heaing to Cat Thurs Night just to get a few runs in....is it as bad as some say here on the east coast at night because the conditions look pretty good from the cameras I've seen.
Brian2127 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Brian2127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2010 at 2:50am
I'll be at Sugar Mountain Friday,Saturday and Sunday. Possibly Beech too. Just hit me up if you want to ride.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2010 at 5:33am
Originally posted by STRICK-9

Hey all, haven't been night boarding yet an was looking at heaing to Cat Thurs Night just to get a few runs in....is it as bad as some say here on the east coast at night because the conditions look pretty good from the cameras I've seen.

I've heard Cat is pretty decent for night riding, but I've never been there.

Skisoutheast.com is a more local site with a forum of local members who can better answer your questions.
Snow Day Colorado

09 Sierra Crew | 10 Sierra Reverse Crew | 10 Sierra Bluebird | 09 Union Force | 10 Burton Triad | 11 Rome 390 | 10 Burton Moto
SH View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2010 at 9:55am
Looks like winter is finally here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im loving it
rade View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Ballin!!!

Quote rade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2010 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by SH

Looks like winter is finally here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im loving it

Yep!!!!
Holding Pounds (LB$)
SH View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2010 at 6:29am
Sugar Mountains webcam looks good. I wish they had the summit cam up and running
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2010 at 6:48am
Beech looks good too, even Cat. I'm waiting for them to open Oz before we go to Beech.
Snow Day Colorado

STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2010 at 3:47am
Thanks Orb...every time I look at the WebCam there are about 10 riders total....

Kind of nice to have the whole mountain to yourself!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote movesmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2010 at 5:06am
Beech is sick this week!  We got to Beech before the other runs opened and ducked ropes into 2-3 feet of fluffy goodness... floaty fun!  I was told Sugar is good too...

So stoked to be back on the snow!  A little drop at Beech...

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote movesmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2010 at 5:10am
I'd love to ride with any of you at anytime... just let me know!
Austin.Connick View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2010 at 6:35am
App tonight before the rain moves in anyone wanna meet there?
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2010 at 2:11am
So...taking my kids boarding for their first time as a family. I have a choice, Winterplace in WV or Cat...

Looking for a cheap alternative since I don't know if they will like it or ride all three days. Plan on going 22Dec-24Dec.

Any other suggestions. And somewhere where they have decent lessons for them.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2010 at 5:36am

So...taking my kids boarding for their first time as a family. I have a choice, Winterplace in WV or Cat...

Looking for a cheap alternative since I don't know if they will like it or ride all three days. Plan on going 22Dec-24Dec.

Any other suggestions. And somewhere where they have decent lessons for them.

The learning area at WP is completely flat. We scoped it out for my noob brother and decided not to go there. It's fine if you're on skis and can pole around, but you can't learn to snowboard on flat land, you need a slope.

Just go to Cat, it'll be closer and cheaper. The runs at WP are too narrow too, I didn't like the place overall.
Snow Day Colorado

SH View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2010 at 4:19pm
We'll be at Beech Jan 8 and 9. Anyone else gona be around?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2010 at 4:45pm
I'll be at app tomorrow night
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2010 at 2:09am
Thanks Orb:

I was thinking if I just stayed in Ashville, the kids (both teenagers) woul enjoy the Hippie lifestyle downtown if they didn't like boarding two days in a row. I figure Cat is only 30 minutes away from there so its not a bad drive each day!
javi437 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote javi437 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2010 at 6:28pm
Ill be at beech this Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Def would like to ride with someone since the family that is coming with me stay on the bunny slope. So anyone interested let me know.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2010 at 5:47pm
dude if i had the money i would def go ride with you but im saving my money to ride sugar next week with my friend and his bro
javi437 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote javi437 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2010 at 9:39pm
That's cool dude, beech was mad icy today anyways. Hopefully they get some snow this weekend.
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/25/2010 at 7:10am
So I hit up Cat on Wed (22 Dec) and Wolf on Thurs (23 Dec).

Cat was really slushy but it was 45 degrees out...made falling really easy on my daughter. The warm weather really brought the ice on Thurs at Wolf...being a noob I really had to concentrate on what I was doing.

Needless to say I had a blast. I even let two teenagers con me in to going to the top...how freaking stupid was I but it was a blast. I don't think I'll have a hard time managing the tougher runs as long as the conditions are descent but the ice was a bitch coming down some steeper sloaps.

Hope all are having a merry christmas...
SH View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2010 at 5:10am
Looks like Sugar got and is getting some good snow.....Be there and Beech in 2 weeks
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2010 at 7:06am
Looks like today is the day to be on the mtns....17 inches of fresh powder throughout it seems...a beautiful sight.
SH View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2010 at 1:31pm
Strick-9, you get any of this snow? Been coming down here pretty good for a couple hours......... wont stick but nice and the kids seem to love it
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2010 at 2:14pm
Will anyone be at Beech Wed/Thursday?
Snow Day Colorado

STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2010 at 1:24am
SH: Believe it or not, Hilton Head got snow again this year although nothing stuck. Too bad it cam on Sunday and missed X-Mas by a day but it was pretty sweet leaving Wal-mart to a shower of flurries.
bmcmahan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bmcmahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2010 at 3:50am
Originally posted by Superorb

I'll be up there on Thursday.
Even his enemy’s list him as there emergency contact.

casanovaa0 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote casanovaa0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2010 at 3:56am
Is NC grid locked like NYC? if i could get out i would be on the mtn right now
SH View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2010 at 11:18am
Leaving a week from the Saturday for Beech!!!!!!!!!!
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2010 at 11:47am
Originally posted by bmcmahan

Originally posted by Superorb

I'll be up there on Thursday.

Looks like my little bro's trip got canceled so we won't be going there. It's insanely packed and $60/ticket is pricey.

We'll be there the entire 2nd week in Feb though.
Snow Day Colorado

Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote movesmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/29/2010 at 9:26am

Looks like today is the day to be on the mtns....17 inches of fresh powder throughout it seems...a beautiful sight.

Sunday WAS the day and Monday was as good or better at Beech... dry fluff everywhere... maybe the best I've ever experienced in NC.

And Orb, I haven't seen Beech insanely packed at all this season, especially on the weekdays.
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2010 at 1:44am
Dang, I kept looking at the on-line cameras after I got back and was thinking how could it be. I mean my three days were good but what I saw was insane...

I hop another storm hits soon...
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2010 at 5:59am
I was at Sugar yesterday and it was PACKED! There were so many gapers everywhere. They would sit on hte other side of rollers and stay there and get mad when you sprayed them to dodge them. shtooking tourists.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Austin.Connick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2010 at 6:00am
I was at Sugar yesterday and it was PACKED! There were so many gapers everywhere. They would sit on hte other side of rollers and stay there and get mad when you sprayed them to dodge them. shtooking tourists.
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2011 at 12:04am
Seriously thinking about going back up this weekend to Cat or Wolf..is anyone else going that way this weekend?
bmcmahan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bmcmahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2011 at 2:45am
I'm headed to Wolf Friday if you are going to be up there.

SH View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2011 at 3:15am
Leaving for Beech early Saturday am......Should be there by noon
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2011 at 4:40am
We *might* be headed to Beech this weekend or next, but definitely the 29th for the huge SkiSoutheast meet with *hopefully* discounted lift tickets.
Snow Day Colorado

Kona View Drop Down
Local
Local
kona

Quote Kona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2011 at 5:52am
Super, what is the SkiSoutheast meet?

Also, just found out I will be at beech again on Sunday, hopefully full day and night
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2011 at 6:01am
Originally posted by Kona

Super, what is the SkiSoutheast meet?

Also, just found out I will be at beech again on Sunday, hopefully full day and night

http://www.skinc.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=13016

SkiSoutheast is a local forum of skiers and snowboarders.

Snow Day Colorado

SH View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2011 at 1:59pm
Superorb, are yall staying the night up there? We booked a couple rooms at the BestWestern on Tynecaslte Road. Keep me posted and we can maybe meet up.
Superorb View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Superorb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2011 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by SH

Superorb, are yall staying the night up there? We booked a couple rooms at the BestWestern on Tynecaslte Road. Keep me posted and we can maybe meet up.

Which day?
Snow Day Colorado

STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2011 at 12:03am
bmcmahan...

will let you know later today where I am actually headed...

my buddy just separated from his fiancee and he wants a weekend out with the boys...

i figure ashville can be fun
bmcmahan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bmcmahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2011 at 2:53am

bmcmahan...

will let you know later today where I am actually headed...

my buddy just separated from his fiancee and he wants a weekend out with the boys...

i figure ashville can be fun
Just let me know, I know we are headed to Wolf on Friday and I might ride up to Beech Saturday or Sunday.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>