Official UFC Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 2324252627 28>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official UFC Thread
    Posted: Feb/10/2012 at 8:27am
Originally posted by overgrow00

Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Well, at least it's not like steroids or something.

yeah no kidding. whats real disgusting is that nick has a medical cannabis card and is prescribed cannabis by his doctor. yet he is now being suspended while the AC's allow hendo and sonnen to use TRT... absolutely disgusting.

THE DIAZ BROS ARE 2 OF MAYBE 15 GUYS IN THE UFC THAT ARE NOT USING ILLEGAL PEDS.

I agree that getting busted for marijuana is bullshit, that's not going to give you a performance advantage. At the same time if you're a professional you have to know the rules and abide by them.

I'm all for stricter PED testing, I'd love to see fights on a level playing field. Still you know somebody is always going to try to push the limits to get an advantage.
tcontradiction View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote tcontradiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2012 at 9:44am
Im impressed that they smoke and still make weight!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2012 at 8:51am
1 post would've done the trick bud!

btw, you must be smokin some pretty good weed right now if you think Nick Diaz could take on Anderson. Diaz would be KO in first round. Unless, Silva wanted to toy with him it'd go 3.
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2012 at 8:56am
If you placed your savings on nick then be prepared to lose your life savings
shagwag3n View Drop Down
Local
Local
Duck of Death

Quote shagwag3n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2012 at 6:42am
thanks for the 12,000 posts proclaiming your love for nick diaz. i hope your your money wasn't "all over nick" in this last fight though... Shocked
my images won't show up dammit
bugsbunnymydad View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Quote bugsbunnymydad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2012 at 7:03pm
UFC 144, anyone here going? I'll be there but goddamn if it isn't early. 10 am in the morning on Sunday. From what I've read, a lot of people plan to party in Tokyo on Saturday night (clubs in Japan close ~5-6am) and then head to Saitama Sunday morning. I hope the crowd isn't too dead...

But I can't blame them. Calvin Harris @ Vision Saturday night for me. Gonna die after the all nighter but I'm pumped for UFC 144.

Edgar, Rampage(even though he F'ed up his weight), Sexyama, and Okami! Gonna be awesome.
ianbejamin View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ianbejamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2012 at 7:07pm
^^ Thanks for posting that 30 times...

anyway, i'm super excited to see the that fight. Some of my friends are coming over and we are gettting it on ppv. Gonna be crazy!
ktown View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ktown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2012 at 8:01pm
So am l the only one that is excited for tommorow's match. get his face kicked out again haha 
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2012 at 11:15am
I'm just going to post in the UFC thread until it kicks over to a new page. 
Bring it hard or don't bring it at all.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2012 at 11:16am
It has the guest glitch that keeps you from seeing what people posted.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2012 at 11:18am
As soon as this thread kicks from page 25 to 26 it will stop posting everything as the guest's post.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2012 at 11:21am
This is pretty much the worst video ever made!
You know what Napoleon, you can leave!

-Edit- Apologies for the random post. I was just trying to get to page 26 so that the "guest post" glitch would stop and it appears that the mods fixed it. Thanks.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2012 at 11:24am
Topically related, I've got Edgar and Rampage winning tonight. UFC Japan is going to be huge! Rampage will be so psyched to be back there and fight for the Japanese again.
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2012 at 12:56pm
Yo, overgrow, talk about hitting the submit button too many times! HOLY POSTS! Also, you're pretty crazy to believe that Nick Diaz would beat Anderson Silva. You are just plain nuts to believe that. They're not even in the same weight class. So Nick would have to move up since we know Silva won't move down. Diaz is good, but no where good enough to defeat Anderson. Not sure what kinda coolaid you been sippin', but I think you've been drinkin' too much of it.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2012 at 2:56pm
My bad. Earlier I picked Rampage over Hamill. Hamill isn't even fighting. I confused him with Ryan Bader. I still think Rampage Jackson over Bader, but thought I would clarify.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2012 at 10:38am
Tuns out I was wrong on both picks this time. It feels good for underdogs to win.
shagwag3n View Drop Down
Local
Local
Duck of Death

Quote shagwag3n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2012 at 4:31am

some pretty awesome fights this weekend with some results that were a bit shocking to me. didn't see pettis winning the way he did, nor did i see the mark hunt ko of kongo coming.

shagwag3n View Drop Down
Local
Local
Duck of Death

Quote shagwag3n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2012 at 4:05am
not sure who saw the ronda rousey vs meisha tate fight last saturday night but if you haven't, you're missing out. full thing in hq is on youtube though.
quangaroo21 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote quangaroo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2012 at 9:47am
people hate watching lyoto machida fight because they think hes a boring fighter, but i love it. he uses alot of strategy with countering.
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2012 at 8:31pm
I'm looking forward to TUF starting this week!
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2012 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by barnyard

I'm looking forward to TUF starting this week!

Same here. Not only is the USA one going to be good, but the Brazil edition will also be sick.
xoxcreatexox View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote xoxcreatexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2012 at 12:23pm
Tuf was awesome!!! So many knockouts!!! I cannot wait for the second episode to come next week!
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2012 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by xoxcreatexox

Tuf was awesome!!! So many knockouts!!! I cannot wait for the second episode to come next week!

Same here. Also waiting for TUF Brazil to air and show up online somewhere to watch.
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2012 at 1:45pm
This thread seemed to of died down a little. Has anyone been keeping up with TUF? TUF Brazil just aired recently and was pretty good. Loving that there is 2 TUF this year, so sweet.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2012 at 12:35am
Haven't been following this season but I keep hearing about a fighter out of blackhouse who is decimating every opponent so far. Managed to catch the fighter who fought with a broken toe.
crispy5 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote crispy5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2012 at 5:04pm
No matter where you go, there you are.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2012 at 9:38pm
First Sonnen now Overeem. This sport is slowly turning into a mess like basebal.
Local
Local

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2012 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Von44

First Sonnen now Overeem. This sport is slowly turning into a mess like basebal.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that. UFC rarely has issues like these. The ratio to the amount of clean fighters to dirty is high, so I don't think this sport is turning as bad as baseball or any other sport with high PED usage. Besides, when fighters get caught, it's a year suspension. So they deal with these issues the right way.

And on a side note, this is awful news because I was really looking forward to that fight with him and JDS.
rurchan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tail Press

Quote rurchan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2012 at 4:50pm
I agree with chitownron, Baseball catches players doping and still let them keep their hall of fame titles and crap like that. When they're found doping and they made a world record, it should be taken back outta the books, aka home run titles.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2012 at 5:18pm
Well even tho its been only two cases, fact still remains that fighters are usig ped. I agree that it different in terms that it gets dealt immediately but what's to stop another fighter from doping. It just sends the wrong msg. I know they won't be able to eliminate ped usage completely but in time it could be like baseball if more an more fighters ignore the consequences.

I too was really looking forward to this fight and hope they find a solid replacement for overeem.
onetwo77 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote onetwo77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2012 at 12:12am
korean zombie
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2012 at 7:22am
Anyone heard of this Nick Newell of XFC? The dude's 7-0 and he's got one arm!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDYMBaqh1lo
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2012 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by rurchan

I agree with chitownron, Baseball catches players doping and still let them keep their hall of fame titles and crap like that. When they're found doping and they made a world record, it should be taken back outta the books, aka home run titles.

Who have they caught doping and still got into the hall of fame? Bonds has the HR record, yes, but it will always be tainted and they can't officially prove that he took the roids during that time unless he openly admits it. Remember, his court case was about purgery in denying his steroid use.

And secondly, I think MMA catches the users because each of them have pre and post fight tests. MLB's testing is random because of the players' union and collective bargaining agreement. Those in baseball with nothing to hide should call for regular testing. How inconvenient could peeing in a cup once a week or every other week be?
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2012 at 7:29pm
who's watching 145 tomorrow Evens Vs Jones sucks to see past friends beef it in life. It will be a close one even though Jones got 5 more inches on his opponent.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 12:02pm
Sucks that the Dos Santos/Overeem fight is no longer going to happen. Was really looking forward to watching that fight regardless of the steroid issue.
bootleg View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote bootleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2012 at 12:30pm
Frank Mir will be taking his place,now that Alistair is canned for 9 months because he said it was pain medication prescribed by his doctor for his inflamed ribs but obvious he's just going to bs his way out from the NSAC allegations.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2012 at 12:37am
Of course he'd deny it to the end. But I don't mind Mir as a replacement. He's still got lots left in the tank. Should make for an interesting bout.
k-brew View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote k-brew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 11:25am
I still cant believe the jones v. evans fight was such a bust. I thought evans was going to be way more aggresive but the reach and strength of jones was too much for him to handle. Jones had those nice elbows that were short bombs.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2012 at 11:52am
You can tell he was nervous and at times hesitated when it came to throwing shots. These fights have more strategy involved, which may look boring, only cuz a title was on the line. So you can't really expect them to come out swinging for the fences. That just wouldn't be smart.
k-brew View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote k-brew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2012 at 11:39am
Not saying that at all Ive been in Tae kwon do and know that. It's a huge mind game. I never said swinging for the fences cuz Jones would win in that situation. I was unimpressed with how Evans never really unleashed even when he knew he was down on the score cards. So therefore yes it was a boring fight.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2012 at 5:56am
I'm surprised to hear that you'd see it as a boring fight for someone coming from a Tae Kwon Do background. I'd figured you of all people should be able to relate in this situation. So are you saying had Evans come out swinging in the 5th it would've made for an exciting fight? Maybe he was just trying to save face, lose in a UD rather than get KO'd cuz if he had Jones would have even more of an edge on him if they ever fought again. But whatever the reason may be, i feel it was a strategic fight. A boring fight would be something like, oh i don't know, Demian Maia on his back for 25 mins while Anderson kicks him. Now that was a boring main event!
k-brew View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote k-brew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2012 at 11:02am
Once in a while its good to see a fight like Forest Griffin and Stephan Bonner! where they lay it on the line and go for it. I can relate to the strategic method and if it was me fighting like that I would consider it a boring fight as well. Obviously they made it to the big leagues but I feel that if your going into that octagon on such a big stage you want to put on a show. Using a future fight is no guarantee but with all the talk from both of them it just didn't live up to the $50 spent/hype on PPV as the Main event. The miguel angel torres fight suprised the shit out of me tho with the 21 year old getting the KO. = EXCITING
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2012 at 7:15am
I agree that there was way too much hype with the main event. It just seems like the more exciting fights are the ones when there's no belt or #1 contender on the line. There's just nothing for them to lose, no distractions, so the fighters just go out and put on a show.

Yeah Torres KO was prolly the most shocking thing that night.
k-brew View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote k-brew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2012 at 9:50am
As a New Mexican we were all going for him and that was completely unexpected! I have n=been watching him since his depute in the WEC when he killed it. His hunchback style is pretty damn unorthodox!
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 7:17am
I'm still looking forward to 146 and seeing how JDS does against a vet like mir. I can see mir trying to take it to the ground. His boxing is way to good to compete with.
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2012 at 8:02am
Did anybody catch the Daily Show's joke about UFC the other night.  Jon Oliver usually doesn't make me laugh, but I was rolling.  
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2012 at 5:40am
It's not gaaay it's only Ancient Greek gaaay if you look into the other guys eyes!
k-brew View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote k-brew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2012 at 5:56am
Haha I feel the same way with Jon Oliver either I get his jokes and references or Im lost! where could I find this video?
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2012 at 12:11am
Can't wait to watch this 146 card stacked with the big boys. Mir's only shot is to take to the ground but it'd be interesting to see if jds can keep it standing. I'm predicting JDS by KO. As for Cain vs bigfoot... I'm leaning towards Cain taking it in a decision. And finally, gotta cheer for the fat guy Roy Nelson! Should be a night of sick fights.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2012 at 11:40am
A great night of fights from the heavyweights. No surprise that they didn't go past the 2nd round.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 28>