Official UFC Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 2425262728>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
chenmt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote chenmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official UFC Thread
    Posted: May/27/2012 at 12:11pm
i'm surprised mir even got to the second round
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2012 at 12:54pm
This Silva v Sonnen rematch can't get here quick enough. I am hoping that Sonnen gets beat so bad that he resigns from the UFC. 

People got all hopped up on him because he "almost" beat Silva, but they neglect to remember he was suspended for a year after that fight for doping and that Silva was at 85% from a rib injury. Anderson will go down at some point, but not to this clown.
Bring it hard or don't bring it at all.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 3:47pm
Anybody else frustrated that UFC 15NONE isn't happening? Dana White acted like he was completely pissed that this isn't going down tomorrow. I can't imagine the amount of money that the UFC lost on this deal. 
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 8:19pm
Jon Jones didn't take the sonen fight. I think he is scared of chael.. 
RastaRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by Blur510

Hahahaha yea a guy who has run through the top 5 of his division and defended his title 4 times in the last year is scared of an out of shape 185 lber. 

Am I disappointed 151 isnt gonna happen? Yea, but to blame it on Jones or say Jones is afraid of someone like Chael is ludicrous. Especially when he said he would fight him at 152, but wasn't gonna do it on 8 days notice. Sure Sonnen only had 8 days to prepare for it too, but he had nothing to lose at all. Jones, if he lost(which in the UFC all it takes is one punch) he would go from making 500k a fight to 20k a fight. That's not a fight anyone in his position would take... ever. That's not fear, that's intelligence.
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2012 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by RastaRider

Hahahaha yea a guy who has run through the top 5 of his division and defended his title 4 times in the last year is scared of an out of shape 185 lber. 

Am I disappointed 151 isnt gonna happen? Yea, but to blame it on Jones or say Jones is afraid of someone like Chael is ludicrous. Especially when he said he would fight him at 152, but wasn't gonna do it on 8 days notice. Sure Sonnen only had 8 days to prepare for it too, but he had nothing to lose at all. Jones, if he lost(which in the UFC all it takes is one punch) he would go from making 500k a fight to 20k a fight. That's not a fight anyone in his position would take... ever. That's not fear, that's intelligence.

This. Sonnen has 12 losses on his record. He's all bark, a steroid user, and a pathetic excuse for a fighter. How he goes from getting his chest caved in by Silva to automatically thinking he's the no 1 contendor for Jones's belt, is beyond me. 
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 12:22am

Just fight, if he is confident in his skills then just fight the guy, if for some weird freak stroke of luck chael lands one, (he is not knows for knocking people out, there is always rematches. Why is he fighting machida in 152?  He has ran out of quality opponents at 205. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 8:15am
Again it would be STUPID for him to take the fight on 8 days notice, no matter who the opponent is. UFC and MMA in general isn't rock 'em, sock 'em robots like the past, it is big business now. He made a SMART business decision. And like giftedhands said, Sonnen has done exactly nothing to deserve a title fight against Jones, if he was half as good at fighting as he is at running his mouth he'd be a pretty good fighter.

And he isn't fighting Machida, he's fighting Belfort. Also I'm not sure if you're implying that Chael is a quality opponent, if you are that's laughable.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 8:44am
I think Belfort has a shot if he goes in and presses the action. If he gets worried about crazy stuff that Jones is known to do, then he will get beat on for 5 rounds like Rashad did, if he doesn't get caught earlier than that. Can't go in there timid or scared to get caught. That will get you beat.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 12:14pm
Well, Jones is partially to be blamed for the cancellation but he's got much more to lose than everyone else. It may have been a selfish move since he's just thinking of himself but it was a smart decision. And still don't know hoe Sonnen was chosen to fill in.

Also, Frankie Edgar is moving down to 45 to fight Aldo! This should be an insane fight! For once, I actually can't say who I'd pick.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 12:18pm
Not really, if you wanna blame somebody, blame Dana for trying to sell ppv events based on one fight. Anytime JBJ is the main event, the undercard is utterly horrible. If he would stop putting on an event every other week he would be able to actually put together cards that don't have to rely on the main event to get sold.

Yea, the Edgar/Aldo fight should be pretty damn good. Can't wait for that one.
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 4:29pm
Aldo vs Edgar is going to be awesome. And I think Edgar can definitely pull off a victory. So Aldo better be ready because he's about to have the biggest fight in his career. At least that's what I think.
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2012 at 5:24am

Again it would be STUPID for him to take the fight on 8 days notice, no matter who the opponent is. UFC and MMA in general isn't rock 'em, sock 'em robots like the past, it is big business now. He made a SMART business decision. And like giftedhands said, Sonnen has done exactly nothing to deserve a title fight against Jones, if he was half as good at fighting as he is at running his mouth he'd be a pretty good fighter.

And he isn't fighting Machida, he's fighting Belfort. Also I'm not sure if you're implying that Chael is a quality opponent, if you are that's laughable.

Ohh I thought Machida was next in line after he beat Vader.  Hopefully Vitor put on a big show. He should be aggressive to have any chance of beating Jones.  I think Silva and Jones should fight.  And not Silva and St Pierre. 

Originally posted by Von44

Well, Jones is partially to be blamed for the cancellation but he's got much more to lose than everyone else. It may have been a selfish move since he's just thinking of himself but it was a smart decision. And still don't know hoe Sonnen was chosen to fill in.

Also, Frankie Edgar is moving down to 45 to fight Aldo! This should be an insane fight! For once, I actually can't say who I'd pick.

Wow that will be a good fight, do you know when it will be? Hope Edgar wins. 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RastaRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2012 at 7:23am
Machida was next in line, but he declined the fight. Pretty funny if you ask me, Jones gets all this flack for not accepting a fight with 8 days notice, but I didn't hear anything from Dana about Machida declining a fight with 3 weeks notice. Just further proves Dana is butt hurt over getting exposed for putting together such shitty undercards.

And a Jones/Silva fight will never happen, they both are friends and said they won't fight eachother. Though that would be an amazing fight.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2012 at 6:39pm
Silva is waiting for GSP at catch weight of 180. The super-fight will go down after the new year rolls around provided GSP beats Carlos Condit. The reason Sonnen was picked by Dana White was because Sonnen was the only guy to step up and tell him he would accept the fight any day.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2012 at 8:46pm
@Blur - Aldo/Edgar fight is 153 in Rio. Not crazy about the the rest of the card tho.

@Rasta - I agree that there doesn't need to be that many ppv cuz it tends to get pretty watered down, but at the same time, the roster is way to big and these fighters need to keep their skills sharp. But yeah dana is pretty much the one to blame as well as jbj.
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2012 at 2:40am

@Blur - Aldo/Edgar fight is 153 in Rio. Not crazy about the the rest of the card tho.

@Rasta - I agree that there doesn't need to be that many ppv cuz it tends to get pretty watered down, but at the same time, the roster is way to big and these fighters need to keep their skills sharp. But yeah dana is pretty much the one to blame as well as jbj.

I think 4 ppv's a year with 2 championship bouts every ppv is a good amount. Not once or even twice a month like they have been doing. The rest of the fights should just be on regular TV
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 7:12pm
Jose Aldo is not going to be in ufc 153 due to injury. Rampage Jackson is the same. In place of the Aldo/Edgar fight will be Anderson Silva/ Staphan Bonnar.  I think this fight should be on free TV
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 9:59pm

Jose Aldo is not going to be in ufc 153 due to injury. Rampage Jackson is the same. In place of the Aldo/Edgar fight will be Anderson Silva/ Staphan Bonnar.  I think this fight should be on free TV

These injuries are really starting to piss me off. I was sooooo looking forward to Aldo vs Edgar. Even the Rampage vs Teixeira fight was interesting just for the fact Teixeira probably could of knocked him out.

And talking about 152, I really hope Belfort pulls off the upset. The Swanson vs Oliveira should be really good on that fight card. Looking forward to that as well. Oh and next UFC on Fuel TV main event should be awesome, Struve vs Miocic. And there's a good chance Struve can give Miocic his first loss.

Last but not least, I find it funny Silva will fight Bonnar. I respect Bonnar as a fighter but c'mon, they're just giving Silva another win on his record.

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2012 at 11:51pm
^ ha that's so true! Nice of Silva and Bonnar to step up and fill the card but that's just a joke. Nobody is gonna pay to see that cuz it'll be over in the blink of an eye!
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2012 at 10:48am
This was pretty damn hilarious. I promise you won't regret watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd07cF9CO8w
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2012 at 2:01pm
^ That was hilarious!! I had a feeling Ron Burgundy clips would be in there.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2012 at 12:15pm
Finally watched the first ep to the new season of TUF. That Smiles guy made me laugh pretty good. Haha. And I think the nickname stockbroker for that one guy is a lot better then what Dana calls him, accountant. Lol.

One of my buddies says he's not liking this season so far as much but I think it should be pretty good. I like both teams but I think Carwins team has the slight advantage.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 11:39am
^ Accountant reminds me of a Joe Lauzon. Kinda nerdy looking but can whoop some ass in the cage.

I'll be rooting for my Canadian boys.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2012 at 12:40pm
I'll be rooting for my Canadian boys.[/QUOTE]
Jason Thacker, is that you? (see TUF season 1)
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2012 at 4:54pm
Following Dana on twitter today and just missed out on some signed Vitor and Jones gloves!! Ahhh!! Unreal how many ppl go nuts for ufc stuff here in Toronto.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2012 at 9:04pm
I think I wouldve given my left nut to see jbj lose his title. So sick of his attitude and arrogance.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2012 at 9:22pm
Bones Jones showed some legit humility tonight. I was a fan early in his career because of his humility but had quit rooting for him after the drama with Rashad. Everything he said seemed arrogant and fake. I think now he understands that he needed to grow up after the DUI and UFC OneFiftyNone ordeal. It showed in the press conference after the fight.
shagwag3n View Drop Down
Local
Local
Duck of Death

Quote shagwag3n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2012 at 10:11am
i don't know, the clips of his interview w/joe rogan that was shown in the fx prelims that night had a part that totally pissed me off. something about he was so glad that he got the DUI or something, i mean what kind of idiot says that? 
my images won't show up dammit
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2012 at 3:29pm
did anyone attempt to watch TUF Brazil?...I had to mute it and read the subtitles because Portuguese is such an ugly/annoying sounding language to my ears.  The product placement was horribly blatant as well - every other scene had a bunch of Gillette stuff in your face or that stupid brazilian brand enegry drink the fighters kept hyping and pushing on each other.  If they have another season of TUF brazil, I won't be watching it.

UFC are some of the highest caliber/most intense fighters in the world, but I've also been watching a lot of other fighting organizations.  Mark Cuban's channel: AXS TV (formerly HDNET) has all kinds of different fighting organizations (MFC, TFC, XFC, Legacy Fights, etc) every friday night, but I have to say the Belatore organization fights are just as heavy as UFC, if not more intense.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 10:54pm
Can't wait for this GSP vs Condit fight @ UFC 154. Also read that Phil Davis will end up fighting Forrest. And I couldn't believe Sonnen and Jones are the new TUF coaches for next season. It's actually going to pretty entertaining watching Sonnen talk sht to him through out the show. But then Jones will end up beating him up when they fight. Haha.
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2012 at 6:06am
Originally posted by ChiTownRon

Can't wait for this GSP vs Condit fight @ UFC 154. Also read that Phil Davis will end up fighting Forrest. And I couldn't believe Sonnen and Jones are the new TUF coaches for next season. It's actually going to pretty entertaining watching Sonnen talk sht to him through out the show. But then Jones will end up beating him up when they fight. Haha.

This is the only reason Sonnen got to coach. TUF ratings have been getting lower and lower, and since sonnen can't fight worth shit, Dana wants to let him do what he does best, which is talk. 

Can't believe Dana is giving Sonnen a titleshot at Jones, its just disgusting. Hope Jones breaks Sonnen's arm in 3 places. 
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2012 at 10:46am
Got floor seats for UFC FOX CHICAGO that's coming up. I'm so stoked! Can't wait until the pre fight press conference. Good chance I'll be able to meet Rampage and Guida. 
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2012 at 12:35pm

Got floor seats for UFC FOX CHICAGO that's coming up. I'm so stoked! Can't wait until the pre fight press conference. Good chance I'll be able to meet Rampage and Guida. 

Congrats, I have always wanted to go to a ufc fight, I live in socal so vegas events are not that far from me, but the price of tickets is insane. 
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2012 at 3:40pm

Congrats, I have always wanted to go to a ufc fight, I live in socal so vegas events are not that far from me, but the price of tickets is insane. 

you gotta go man! you won't regret dishing out the money for it. this will be my second ufc event. i also seen hendo vs fedor which was okay.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2012 at 3:12pm
Benson vs Diaz fight card was pretty sick for it being free! Word got out that Benson fought while chewing a toothpick in his mouth. First off that's illegal, but why the hell would you want to have a toothpick in your mouth while fighting. I could only imagine how it would feel to accidentally swallow it and get it stuck in your throat.  And I found it funny that Diaz flipped off Benson when they were locked up with each others legs on the ground. Haha. 
       ChiTown = CHICAGO
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2012 at 7:24pm

Benson vs Diaz fight card was pretty sick for it being free! Word got out that Benson fought while chewing a toothpick in his mouth. First off that's illegal, but why the hell would you want to have a toothpick in your mouth while fighting. I could only imagine how it would feel to accidentally swallow it and get it stuck in your throat.  And I found it funny that Diaz flipped off Benson when they were locked up with each others legs on the ground. Haha. 

that fight was awesome, I am so glad DIaz got his ass whooped.  I think it was funny how he was acting like he is winning, giving benson the finger when he was getting beat up.  I also find it hilarious that benson was punching Diaz's leg.  Benson is fast, he was able to dodge most of Nick's jabs. It was an impressive win. 
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 6:07am
No doubt that was a stacked card for being free. Can't stand Nate Diaz so I'm glad to see him get his ass kicked! Also, felt bad for Shogun as he was clearly out of shape and just got beat everywhere. Kiss that title shot goodbye.
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 6:13am

No doubt that was a stacked card for being free. Can't stand Nate Diaz so I'm glad to see him get his ass kicked! Also, felt bad for Shogun as he was clearly out of shape and just got beat everywhere. Kiss that title shot goodbye.

Time to retire, shogun has been out of shape for his last 2-3 fights. Jones is so dominant, I honestly see anyone challenging him in his weight class.  I didn't see the BJ Penn fight but I heard he got demonlished. Mc Donald is a really good fighter. St Pierre has a couple of people lined up to take his belt. 
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 6:15am

Time to retire, shogun has been out of shape for his last 2-3 fights. Jones is so dominant, I honestly see anyone challenging him in his weight class.  I didn't see the BJ Penn fight but I heard he got demonlished. Mc Donald is a really good fighter. St Pierre has a couple of people lined up to take his belt. 
Curious to see how long before McDonald challenges GSP seeing as how they train together.

BJ needs to retire or stop taking fights against guy that are 25 pounds heavier than him come fight night.  He is not a good enough fighter anymore to overcome that type of disadvantage.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 7:24am
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Curious to see how long before McDonald challenges GSP seeing as how they train together.

BJ needs to retire or stop taking fights against guy that are 25 pounds heavier than him come fight night.  He is not a good enough fighter anymore to overcome that type of disadvantage.
Rory is one of the top guys in the 70div but I think he's got to go up against someone like Hendricks, who's rollin, and also needs a rematch with Condit before even considering challenging GSP.

But he needs to tone down the showboating-just looks like a douche when he does that.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 9:10am

I don't think BJ Penn could make it through the ultimate fighter house, let alone fight somebody worthwhile.

Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 11:57am

Originally posted by CoMtnRider

Rory is one of the top guys in the 70div but I think he's got to go up against someone like Hendricks, who's rollin, and also needs a rematch with Condit before even considering challenging GSP.

But he needs to tone down the showboating-just looks like a douche when he does that.

The 170 class is pretty competitive, not like the 185 205 heavy weight. 155 is good too. I can't wait to see Aldo/Edgar fight.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 5:28am
Missed UFC 159 but just watched the main event and saw jones' toe was completely messed up! I almost threw up just watching it. I guess they have so much adrenaline that they don't notice the pain. Jbj was very lucky to have finished Sonnen in the first or it would've been stopped and end p losing the belt.
C4 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
aka cnr913

Quote C4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2013 at 7:07am
(Nice thread revival)
You missed another guys dislocated/broken thumb. Looked pretty bad, but Jones tow was worse.
This weeks fights were all out of whack... actually, the REFS were out of whack. Two fights end due to eye pokes, questionable premature stoppages and stand-up's/split-up's. Bring back Josh Rosenthal!!!
I break balls.
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 9:08am
Just keep Mazzagatti out of there.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 10:16am
They need to address the eye poking rule because maybe the fight could of still went on after a couple mins of recovery instead of stopping the fight.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

They need to address the eye poking rule because maybe the fight could of still went on after a couple mins of recovery instead of stopping the fight.
UFC has submitted a rule change on the eye pokes. Refs shouldn't be allowed to have the decision of calling a fight based on a medical decision. It's not like a low-blow where they get 5 mins to recover. This is something where a doctor needs to be brought in to check on the severity of the eye.

Originally posted by julius77

Just keep Mazzagatti out of there.
Couldn't agree more. I've never like this guy. He just seems like a tool! Every time he refs, he's too quick to stand them up or he's too slow with his breaks. I've seen guys get kicked in the nards or poked in the eye and he tells them to keep fighting. But it's out of the UFC hands cuz the nevada state athletic commission handles all of the officiating. They have the ability to approve or deny any licenses in the US.
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2013 at 1:05pm
several years ago yves levine would get hella boo'd every time he was announced as ref and I never knew why...guessed it was premature stoppages and stuff (turns out even dana white doesn't like him, but I think all that ref stuff is unionized, so he can't do much to keep him out). 

Listen for boo's next time mazzagati gets announced...doubt you'll hear them for john macCarthy  
haiv143 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote haiv143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 9:02pm
So I watched all of Jones vs Sonnen and can't figure out the moment he broke his toe. Anyone got any ideas because I was lost for words when I saw his toe. How the heck it happened?

...and yeah, that ref needs to go. Disliked him for a while now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728>