Official UFC Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 28>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
djmikeyc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote djmikeyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official UFC Thread
    Posted: Jun/14/2010 at 3:38pm
Havent been able to find any UFC Threads so i thought id make one.

What did everyone think of UFC 115: Liddell vs. Franklin?

I thought the Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald fight was awesome MacDonald really brought it to Condit. His stand up game was unreal. I thought the ref could have let the match go another 10 seconds at the end.

Cro Cop Vs. Barry was overall my favorite fight of the night. Wicked stand up and heaps of respect shown. It was interesting to see Mirko using different styles of kicks throughout.

Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin. Really hoped Liddel would win it but Franklin was just too good in the end.
wilson85 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote wilson85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2010 at 11:07pm
Theres always a ufc thread for each card but it would be good to have one just for general discussion.
Felt bad for liddel but he is to predictable. like rich said he will over commit himself n be vulnerable. he was doin so well! he broke rich's arm ffs!
Rory shoulda won that fight but he really let that last round go so if he had more fight in him he woulda won.
crocop rocks! glad he won!
Hopefully chuck now retires n sticks to coaching.

djmikeyc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote djmikeyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2010 at 2:09am
Oh really damn didnt see it.
Yeah i think an Official would be good but hey its up to everyone on the boards.

Just watched the press conferance. I agree hopefully this is it for Chuck why ruin a great career by making a come back that is most likely going to fail.
As Dana said he is a big part of the company and there are heaps of opporunities for him.
wilson85 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote wilson85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2010 at 11:56pm
i dunno if hes smart business wise though.
my mate read his book n said he sounded like he was a bit slow
Surfs_up View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Surfs_up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 12:13am
Watching Liddel vs Franklin, Liddel had a great game plan. He re-invented himself by throwing in other elements of MMA. He utilizes leg kicks, and take downs which is something you don't expect. It had some success, but his game plan had a huge flaw. He must of forgotten his bread and butter move which is countering his opponents with his right. Liddel is a counter puncher so it frustrated me when he was being overly aggressive against Franklin and trying to run him down. Most the exchanges he had Liddel got the worst of it because he was basically walking into Franklin's punches.
skron View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote skron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 12:25am
Winning with a broken arm was crazy impressive... Chuck is certainly done now (though I'm sure he'd say otherwise).

That was the only fight I caught.
Surfs_up View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Surfs_up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 12:05pm
^^^ I don't want to see him in the ring again. He's been KO'ed many times, enough is enough he should enjoy his money and retire happy.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 12:13pm
I think Liddell should hang the gloves up. All these ko's are ruining his legacy but i understand that you dont want your last fight to end up in a loss. I thought Couture retired but keeps coming back.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 12:17pm
Liddell's age has caught up with him and has made his chin unable to take the abuse it once used to.  He has nothing to be ashamed of, sooner or later everyone has to hang the gloves up.  Can't wait for the Carwin Lesnar match, the Denver man is going to take it!
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
gtr1 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote gtr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 12:26pm
Lesnar is a f'in BEAST! I don't see him going down anytime soon. His a big dude and not that slow either. He wears out his competition with his size then its over with the fist hammers.
toonerz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote toonerz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 12:39pm
Too bad Liddell didn't switch up his game sooner when he had a healthier chin. He was always a good kick boxer, but I didn't think he'd be able to break peoples' bones so easily (especially at this stage in his career).

My favorite fight from UFC 115 was also the Crocop Barry fight. I don't remember the last time Crocop was in such a good mood before, during and after a fight.
Surfs_up View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Surfs_up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 12:41pm
^^^ So far Lesnar's great advantage over his few opponents is his wrestling and his ability to over power his opponents. Carwin on the other hand has great wrestling as well, he isn't big as lesner but he has great KO power and has finished all of his fights.  This fight is going to be a battle take downs. Whoever ends up on top will win.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 12:48pm
Carwin actually wears bigger gloves than Brock, dude is a monster.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote julius77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 1:21pm
It'll be interesting to see how much weight Brock was able to put on after his hospitalization, and if he is going to have the cardio and explosive strength that he has shown in the past. I mean, the guy was in serious condition and hospitalized for weeks. Even if he is physically up to par, will he has any nagging mental doubts? and can he beat carwin if he does. Carwin seems like he puts everyone he hits to sleep.
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
djmikeyc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote djmikeyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 3:08pm
Cant wait for Brock Lesnar Vs. Shane Carwin. Would love to see Carwin win this match up but i think its going to be hard, Lesnar's size and strength is brutal.
dbowles View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote dbowles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 3:20pm

*note this is photoshopped

My blog.
Go there it's what the cool people are doing
ddomski View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ddomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 3:35pm
lesnar's sword looks like a penis at the top of it.
Gnu B Pro 152 BTX w/ Union Milan bindings
Epicentre View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Epicentre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 3:37pm
UFC 115 was awesome... well probably more so cuz I went to it.  It still had some good cards for a less than outstanding card.  Although the Rory MacDonald and Condit fight was awesome, the refs really dropped the ball.  I've never heard a ref booed so much as when Yves Lavigne stopped the Danzig Wieman fight.  It was an awesome experience to go though.
ddomski View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ddomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 3:38pm

Razkul99 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Board Loiter...

Quote Razkul99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 5:26pm
I was pleased to see Mirko with a much improved/changed gameplan.  Like Lidell, Cro Cop was pretty predictable and if he truly can hold to his revised fighting style - I think he is going to be a monster.
Shake and bake...
Myke_Hawke View Drop Down
Local
Local
My 2004 STi with 575 AWHP

Quote Myke_Hawke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 6:00pm
Yeah I can't wait for this Match up, I don't think it's gonna make it past the 1st rdStar
Scotty
kingman756 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kingman756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 6:53pm
after getting kod i feel like lidell should call it quits. it will look better for him in the future unlike how shamrock got beat by tito
kopower View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kopower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 6:58pm
I think Carwin is gonna ko Lesnar. Lesnar has had a huge lay off, while Carwin has looked real sharp. Should be a good fight though. Anybody looking forward to the finale this weekend? I think the Siver/Fisher fight is gonna be fireworks, kinda like the MacDonald/Condit fight.
djmikeyc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote djmikeyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2010 at 11:17pm
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Liddell vs. Team Ortiz FINALE
Court McGee Vs. Kris McCray
Matt Hamill Vs. Keith Jardine
Chris Leben Vs. Aaron Simpson
Spencer Fisher Vs. Dennis Siver
Jamie Yager Vs. Rich Attonito
John Gunderson Vs. Mark Holst
Brad Tavares Vs. Seth Baczynski
Kyle Noke Vs. Josh Bryant
James Hammortree Vs. Chris Camozzi
James McSweeney Vs. Travis Browne

Whats everyone think of the card for the Ultimate Fighter finale?
Im also looking forward to Fisher V Siver, there will be fireworks for sure as "Kopower" said.
kopower View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kopower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2010 at 6:15am
I think there are some good fights on the finale. Interested to see how Jardine handles Hamill after his fight with Bader. The McSweeney/Browne fight should also be really good. Someones getting ktfo in that fight.
Myke_Hawke View Drop Down
Local
Local
My 2004 STi with 575 AWHP

Quote Myke_Hawke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2010 at 6:31am
I'm just glad they aren't charging for that cardLOL

I can't believe they gave Jager another shot, I wanted him to fight some else though
Scotty
Surfs_up View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Surfs_up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2010 at 10:48am
I heard that Dana white was so embarrassed for UFC 112's (Anderson Silva vs. Damien Maia) so he is going to make it up for the fans who shelled out $50 for ppv by offering a PPV event in the near future for free. It's going to be on versus or spike. I hope it's really PPV material like a title bout fight.
djmikeyc View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote djmikeyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2010 at 12:41am
Pretty good finale glad Court McGee won.
Bring on Lesnar v. Carwin
kopower View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kopower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2010 at 6:09am
Can't wait for Carwin/Lesnar tonight. Gonna be interesting to see how Brock handles someone as big as him.
hisnameisdre View Drop Down
Local
Local
Magic Bullet

Quote hisnameisdre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2010 at 6:44am
Originally posted by kopower

Can't wait for Carwin/Lesnar tonight. Gonna be interesting to see how Brock handles someone as big as him.

Thank you for reminding me.  I knew about it all week, but I was about to make plans for fireworks for some reason....glad I saw this thread.  I think I'm picking Carwin.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2010 at 11:14am
If it goes to the ground Lesnar's will win. But im goin with Carwin cuz he's the underdog. The rest of the card doesnt look to interesting to me. I'll just read about itthe next day.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2010 at 11:41am
If Carwin can avoid the takedowns I think Brock will be in a world of hurt.  Don't forget a few prelim will be live on spike at 9PM eastern time.
Epicentre View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Epicentre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2010 at 11:47am
I have to go with Carwin all the way, as I would like to see someone a bit classier than lesnar at the top of the heavyweight division... Lesnar's just someone you love to hate...
As for the rest of the card being uninteresting... I'd have to dispute that.  Akiyama is a huuge star in Japan.  He is probably bigger than GSP is to Canada.  This is only... I believe his second fight in the UFC, but it could have a rather large effect on the middleweight division if he wins.  It's a win win situation for Leben... Leben if he loses will not fall any as it is his second fight in as many weeks and is the serious underdog here.  If he wins, he will take a huge jump back into the midst of the middleweight division.  But that is not to discount Leben though cuz Akiyama wants to stand and bang with Leben and Leben has the power to knock anyone out. 
My other interesting fight on the card is G-Sot vs. Pelligrino.  I'm looking for G-Sot here to win, but both of these guys are very good, rising fighters in the lightweight division.  Not to say either of them will be taking on edgar/penn anytime soon, but whoever wins this fight will take a huge leap up the ladder.
The Lytle/Brown fight is interesting for me as I met Brown at UFC 115, and the other, Soszynski vs. Bonnar should be a good slug fest.  All in all, it's probably the best looking card UFC has put together in awhile for me.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2010 at 11:58am

George Sotiropoulos vs. Kurt Pellegrino will be a good fight too.  Batman always puts on a good show.

KellyBoy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote KellyBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2010 at 12:05pm
Lesnar is a beast. He will win by tko.
Epicentre View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Epicentre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2010 at 12:08pm
I'm just watching the weigh ins, and I have to say Bonnar is looking a lot slimmer and better than before... should be interesting.  Soszynski looks as big as ever...  Should be an awesome fight.
Akiyama looked damn good too.  He's looking prertty big for his division which is rare for fighters from Japan as they don't usually cut weight.  Or at least not as much as Americans do.

Edit: Hah. Carwin put on shoes for his staredown with Lesnar.  I think the shoes actually made him slightly taller than Lesnar.
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2010 at 3:01pm
I would like to see Carwin win, but I think Brock's gonna crush him.
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
ddomski View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ddomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2010 at 3:10pm
If Carwin gets dominated tonight, is there anyone out there that can out-muscle Lesnar?  I don't want to see UFC get filled with WWE guys, even though I think that Lesnar is a real fighter.
ishidamoo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ishidamoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2010 at 3:46pm
akiyama is gonna dominate leben
hisnameisdre View Drop Down
Local
Local
Magic Bullet

Quote hisnameisdre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2010 at 10:04pm
Just got back from watching the fight, and I'm definitely surprised that Lesnar won.  The majority of the bar where I was, was really cheering for Carwin....and so was I
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2010 at 10:17pm
Oh boo, I was hoping Lesnar would lose but he actually won!
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2010 at 7:17am
Carwin almost had him. Oh well, I dont see any one else giving Brock a run for his money. Maybe some guy will get him with a lucky punch and win but I dont see him getting dominated.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2010 at 7:46am
I don't think Lesnar will ever be "dominated" because of his size and wrestling. I somebody tries to keep the fight standing, he is good enough to find a way to take it to the ground.
Bring it hard or don't bring it at all.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2010 at 8:10am
I just watched the first couple of minutes from the fight and rescend my previous statement.

fail
Bring it hard or don't bring it at all.
ddomski View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ddomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2010 at 9:01am
i wouldn't have thought brock by submission, I thought it would be brock by smothering and ground/pound.  a rematch will be great!
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2010 at 9:04am
at least brock was humble in the post conference.  maybe he's maturing as a fighter and an icon.
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
dbowles View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote dbowles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2010 at 11:14am
Carwin got robbed. 99% of the time the ref ends it.

BUT props to Brock for surviving and winning it. I'm ready to see the rematch. Hopefully carwin works on his cardio some more.

My blog.
Go there it's what the cool people are doing
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2010 at 11:41am
Great Arm Triangle by Brock, it shows he is working all aspects of his game.  He also showed he can take a hell of a beating as that onslaught would have taken out 99% of other fighters.

dbowles I have to totally disagree with you, how can Carwin get robbed when Brock obviously was still in the fight???  Brock was hurt no doubt but he was still defending himself.  This is coming from a Carwin far too.
chungeroni View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote chungeroni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2010 at 12:29pm
yaya, lesnar's a tank (literally) lalala.. i think the fight of the night has to go to sexyama and leben though, they literally went all out and right at the end, leben pulled off the win somehow

also.. silva.. am i weird for liking him still? i don't like him as a person (he's a prick, douche, etc etc) but you can't deny it, the guy can fight.. if dana white really wants to make it up to the fans, make him go back to 205 and fight rampage, rashad, machida, shogun.. or just let him fight gsp (maybe even lesnar someday), that's what we ALL want to see
Oh, I’m in no condition to drive. Wait a minute. I don’t have to listen to myself. I’m drunk.
eurrieta View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote eurrieta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2010 at 12:38pm
I thought UFC 116 was really entertaining at some point I thought Lesnar was going to lose, I can't believe he was able to take all those punches and still win the match
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>