Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 2223242526 28>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nots0kind View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
wattup box

Online Status: Offline
  Quote nots0kind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official UFC Thread
    Posted: Jan/20/2012 at 11:21am
last two times i payed for a fight the main event ends in the first round.... cant wait for another battle thats not over in a minute... until then no more payperveiw ill let my friends buy it now..
williethepoon View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote williethepoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2012 at 11:32am
Well, you got to look for worse fighters then because a lot of times the good guys just want a quick knockout haha
ChiTownRon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2012 at 11:47am
Well at least these next two events are free. And you best believe UFC on Fox in Chicago will deliver!
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2012 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Von44

I honestly believe the MW div has a lot of talent but it's just that Anderson is on a whole different level that it just takes everyone else down a notch and makes them seem far less skilled. But Id like to see Vitor get another shot at the title or face the loser of Sonnen/Bisping before the title fight.

And I agree that Silva needs to move up a div eventualy and see how the LHW div measures up to him. No point beating up on the same bunch of guys again.

Especially with how he acts when he's bored. It makes for uninteresting fights unless somebody challenges him like Sonnen did.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2012 at 7:12pm
Well, UFC FX1 was ok. Nothing great. There were only a couple of guys that I had heard of. Guillard looked extremely disappointed in himself for getting choked out. The first fight was awesome. Only about a minute into it and the guy ko'd his opponent with clinch elbows. That was a first.
Bring it hard or don't bring it at all.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2012 at 2:14pm
Haha, UFC site got hacked today. Damn.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2012 at 3:09pm
Why would anyone want to hack the ufc site? Someone's really bored. Lol
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2012 at 3:27pm
ufc website got hacked/ there is so much other sites that would make it a better target than ufc. or maybe they just wanted to make it so they can stream ppv to them without paying haha
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2012 at 7:12pm
Apparently King Mo Lawal from Strikeforce tested positive for steroids after the fights 2 weeks ago. He said he was shocked by it. He claimed he doesn't need steroids because of his competitiveness and training habits.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2012 at 11:21pm
Yeah the King Mo being positive for steroids is kinda old news now. He said that he found out it was S-Mass lean gainer he used for his rehab on an injury.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2012 at 5:34pm
Anyone else hoping to see a double KO between Sonnen/Bisping?
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2012 at 6:48am

That would be the greatest ufc fight ever. This is the only fight I have ever hoped that both fighters could lose.
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2012 at 6:54am
Originally posted by ty

That would be the greatest ufc fight ever. This is the only fight I have ever hoped that both fighters could lose.

I just want Bisping to lose, I don't normally dislike very many fighters but he's definitely one of them.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2012 at 6:49pm
I definitely want Sonnen to win the fight. I actually got to meet both of them and they were both nice guys. Funny how everyone hates them both, haha.
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2012 at 9:10pm
Yea I'd Sonnen only cuz he poses more of a challenge to silva then count. Just would love to see Bisping get KO again!
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2012 at 11:14am
Bisping has power in his hands, but he is a fool. He doesn't think. When Hendo knocked him out cold, his corner kept yelling "Don't circle to the right!" just like they had trained and what does the moron do? circle to the right. KO. 

Sonnen has great wrestling skills and intelligence, but can't stand with anybody. 

Maybe we should hope that Sonnen takes kick to the face that injures Bisping when he goes for a takedown. Then we can hope for a Silva fight at LHW
identity666 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote identity666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2012 at 11:28am
Sonnen does not have the best offensive striking but he does have good defense and no one has been able to do much damage to him on the feet. He has a huge takedown and ground control advantage in this fight with Bisping and I'm predicting a decision win for Sonnen. Sonnen's weakness has always been submission defense but I don't see Bisping submitting Sonnen.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote identity666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2012 at 11:29am
Also, my coach Darren Uyenoyama is fighting John Dodson.
jstgermain View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote jstgermain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2012 at 11:31am
Hopefully upcoming Fox fights are better...
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2012 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by jstgermain

Hopefully upcoming Fox fights are better...

I have a good feeling it will. I have some sick seats for this event. Only hours away now! I'm pumped. I think Evans wins even though I'm a Davis fan as well. Sonnen definitely wins and so does Weidman. Those are my main card picks.
kel View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2012 at 3:42am
oh nice, what time is the event on? l havent turned on my tv for so long l didnt even realize it 
Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2012 at 7:09am
i think it starts at 9pm ET but prelims are at 8pm. My picks are the same as ChiTownRon's. But still wishing for that double KO between Sonnen/bisping. lol
coolz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote coolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2012 at 7:40am
hmm l also didn't realize there was the UFC today. ah well, l guess l will just download it when l get home.. although it has been getting harder and harder to find sources 
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2012 at 9:02am
Sonnen won by decision, but I thought it should have been Bisping. It was extremely uneventful and could have gone either way. Both men looked exhausted.

The Evans/Davis fight was weak. Evans should have shown his experience to dominate Davis but opted to try  to outlast him and wear him down. Evans won easily by decision.

UFC on Fox 2 gets a C in my book. All the fights lasted more than 20 seconds, but the fights weren't entertaining.
SWISHERSWEET View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Mi Jamaican Bredren Norris

Quote SWISHERSWEET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2012 at 9:11am
Bisping should have won even tho the fight sucked. Rashad evans on the other hand is a boss and a force to be reconed with... He should fight rampage 1 last time that is always a good match up
sixpoint View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2012 at 9:50am

davis pawed at evans the entire bout    not one crisp jab or hard strike attempt   his movements looked like he was fighting in pudding on pain killers    4 yr psu all american needs to get mean 

Von44 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Von44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2012 at 4:55am
Bisping def got robbed of a title shot and Rashad just wasn't at the top of his game. He better be ready to bring it when it comes time to fight Bones. He'll have no excuses if he loses with all the trash talking that's been goin on.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2012 at 11:34am

Bisping def got robbed of a title shot and Rashad just wasn't at the top of his game. He better be ready to bring it when it comes time to fight Bones. He'll have no excuses if he loses with all the trash talking that's been goin on.

Did you actually watch the fight? Because Bisping didn't get robbed. Sonnen for surely won 2 of those rounds.

Tonights fight card is pretty good but the one everyone is waiting for is Diaz vs Condit. Diaz is so hungry for this so I'm picking him for the win. It's tough because I wanna see Diaz get beat up, but I want to see him face GSP. That's gonna be a war if it happens. Can't wait for tonight, only couple hours away!
azn_dan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Me and the wifey at stowe

Quote azn_dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2012 at 5:15pm
first fight is going pretty good, surprised by this starks guy, have never really seen him fight. Herman looks like hes going down Smile Heh, Herman ended up choking him out, looked like a pretty weak one but meh
'10 Forces - '10 TRS - '10 Rulers '09 Blunt - '09 Freestyles - '09 Motos
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote identity666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2012 at 8:42am
That white tae kwan do guy was exciting. Would love to see him fight cung le.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2012 at 9:47am
Originally posted by identity666

That white tae kwan do guy was exciting. Would love to see him fight cung le.

I don't think Cung Le is even focused on fighting anymore, he's too busy doing movies and even spoke of retiring.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
shagwag3n View Drop Down
Local
Local
Duck of Death

Quote shagwag3n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2012 at 8:49am
it's official, nick diaz is either a drama queen or a straight up bitch. he was soundly beaten, then decided to throw a hissy fit and threaten to quit? gtfo.
my images won't show up dammit
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2012 at 10:39am
Originally posted by shagwag3n

it's official, nick diaz is either a drama queen or a straight up bitch. he was soundly beaten, then decided to throw a hissy fit and threaten to quit? gtfo.

Yup, that's Nick being the sore loser that he is. Apparently no one told him that if his opponent lands more strikes and ends up going to a decision, he'll lose. Diaz stated that he was pushing him back and all Condit did was run away so he deserved the win. Condit threw 329 strikes to Diaz 258 and Condit landed more of them , 151 to Diaz 105. Condits kicks actually won him that fight. He landed 68 of them to Nicks 6. So Nick can cry all he wants, he lost that fight legit.

Oh and yeah, that Wonderboy looked great in his debut. Dude was like 36-0 in kickboxing and now is 6-0 in mma. Guy is gonna have a solid career in UFC.

Watch this guy take the lose badly and break the tv, haha.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVyJt94u_VU
shagwag3n View Drop Down
Local
Local
Duck of Death

Quote shagwag3n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2012 at 7:16am
wonderboy was very impressive, i'd never heard of him either. interesting to see how he progresses.

btw, it's official, condit has agreed to a rematch with diaz. personally i'm not sure why unless ufc threw a lot more money at him this time...he's only really got shit to lose if you ask me.
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2012 at 7:56am

wonderboy was very impressive, i'd never heard of him either. interesting to see how he progresses.

btw, it's official, condit has agreed to a rematch with diaz. personally i'm not sure why unless ufc threw a lot more money at him this time...he's only really got shit to lose if you ask me.

I was amazed when I read that Wonderboy hasn't lost in 62 straight fights at all levels, that's silly, and that KO kick was smooth. He threw it right after a punch and the guy had no chance to even see it coming yet it knocks him out cold.

I agree on Condit, why face the whiny Diaz again when you earned a shot at GSP and the title. Maybe this gives GSP some more rehab time, and he was openly rooting for Diaz so you know he wants that fight.
shagwag3n View Drop Down
Local
Local
Duck of Death

Quote shagwag3n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 5:26am
didn't realize he had such a pristine record. of course he is brand new to the ufc, it'll be interesting to see how he handles the wrestlers that'll try to wear him out grappling.

yeah i'm really not sure what's going on there in terms of a timeline. i mean unless diaz wins in spectacular fashion, it'd be a total dick move not to have a final rubber match to finish the trilogy, so what then? big mistake in my book, i'd let condit fight gsp, throw someone else along the lines of koscheck or ellenberger at diaz and then work things out that way. but it is what it is....
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ChiTownRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 2:16pm
Well, Diaz tested positive for marijuana after the Condit fight was over. This is his second time now. So he most likely gets a year suspension and we can kiss Diaz vs Condit 2 goodbye for now.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 4:28pm
more reason to hate him now.  never liked either one of the diaz brothers
azn_dan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Me and the wifey at stowe

Quote azn_dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 5:02pm
even if they fought it would have been the same result, Diaz really didn't do much and when he did it just appeared like he was flailing....
'10 Forces - '10 TRS - '10 Rulers '09 Blunt - '09 Freestyles - '09 Motos
overgrow00 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote overgrow00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 5:10pm

its official, you are a complete moron or have no idea what scoring criteria is used by the nsac judges for unified mma fights. nick won rnds 1,2,5 and maybe 3. condit won rnd 4 and maybe 3. no way around it. nick was robbed.
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote overgrow00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by ChiTownRon

Yup, that's Nick being the sore loser that he is. Apparently no one told him that if his opponent lands more strikes and ends up going to a decision, he'll lose. Diaz stated that he was pushing him back and all Condit did was run away so he deserved the win. Condit threw 329 strikes to Diaz 258 and Condit landed more of them , 151 to Diaz 105. Condits kicks actually won him that fight. He landed 68 of them to Nicks 6. So Nick can cry all he wants, he lost that fight legit.

Oh and yeah, that Wonderboy looked great in his debut. Dude was like 36-0 in kickboxing and now is 6-0 in mma. Guy is gonna have a solid career in UFC.

Watch this guy take the lose badly and break the tv, haha.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVyJt94u_VU

lMAO do you understand that unified mma fights are scored by each round? condit landed 2 more strikes than diaz in rnd 1, making diaz the winner with octagon control and effective aggression. rnd 2 nick landed more strikes than condit. condit landed a few extra baby l;egs kicks that were not effective and diaz almost finished him in an arm bar after taking his back for 2 mins. diaz won rnds 1,2,5 and maybe 3. condit won rnd 4 and maybe 3. stop blindly hating someone and letting it interfere with how you see a fight. and hating someone more for smoking cannabis??? seriously? says A LOT about your shitty character. learn something
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 5:21pm
perhaps but whenever you leave the match to the judge expect it to go either way. Maybe the judge had their biased too, who knows. But they both didnt finish the job and it is their fault it is out of their control
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 5:38pm
Well, at least it's not like steroids or something.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote overgrow00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 5:43pm
that not a good enough excuse. they are on fox now. they tout themselves as legit yet say you can't leave it in the hands of the judges? bullshit politics. their way of controlling more.

besides have fun trying to finish a 'fight' when your opponent is only trying to survive and running away from the fight the whole time. finishes only happen, at the top of the game, when BOTH opponents are trying to finish/win.

besides their scoring is back in forth constantly... rampage beats machida with aggression and octagon control ALONE. sanches beats kampmann with aggression ALONE. but nick wins both effective aggression and octagon control for 85% of the fight AND has the more EFFECTIVE striking and loses.... lmao seems they KNEW nick was going to FAIL HIS DRUG TEST for cannabis. so they just robbed him to KEEP THE RANKINGS AND MONEY GOING in the ufc.
better than having nick win then havign the big controversy of overturning it into another NC robbery...
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote overgrow00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Well, at least it's not like steroids or something.

yeah no kidding. whats real disgusting is that nick has a medical cannabis card and is prescribed cannabis by his doctor. yet he is now being suspended while the AC's allow hendo and sonnen to use TRT... absolutely disgusting.

THE DIAZ BROS ARE 2 OF MAYBE 15 GUYS IN THE UFC THAT ARE NOT USING ILLEGAL PEDS.
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 5:48pm
do you know what your saying, they are on fox. lol doesnt make them more politically just 
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote overgrow00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by winn

do you know what your saying, they are on fox. lol doesnt make them more politically just 
???

they use the excuse "don't let it into the hands of the judges" to BLIND people, like you, into not becoming informed that they decide who will win, if it is close enough, before the fight takes place. bs politics is exactly why they robbed diaz. the fact they are on fox now means they need to give up that SHIT excuse... they are supposed to be legit? then get legit! get rid of the boxing system.
winn View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
my collection

Quote winn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 6:14pm
dude you need to read some news, fox has always be favoring republican party since their inception. 
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 6:18pm
winn, why are you arguing with a rock?he is even arguing with himself
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote overgrow00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2012 at 6:31pm
you're* not your... lmao
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 28>