Official UFC Thread

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 28>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
chungeroni View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote chungeroni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official UFC Thread
    Posted: Jul/28/2010 at 10:32pm
Silva won't get a K.O... he'll most likely run around, slap sonnen a few times, pound the ground, yell, run around some more, and then win while dana white turns bright red.. but, we can all hope it doesn't happen especially after the last time he fought..

My hope is that Silva dominates Sonnen, then Dana White sets up a GSP/Silva or some other crazy awesome fight
Oh, I’m in no condition to drive. Wait a minute. I don’t have to listen to myself. I’m drunk.
Surfs_up View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Surfs_up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2010 at 11:13pm
Silva mentioned something about not wanting to fight Brazilians, which is probably why he acted the way he did during his last fight.  
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2010 at 2:25pm
Anyone see Jones beat Matyushenko last night? Jones looks amazing. I think he is the future of the 205 weight class.
Ellen View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Ellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2010 at 2:27pm
^ heck yeah! Jones got him.
caught red handed
Surfs_up View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Surfs_up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2010 at 2:27pm
Matyushenko is 39 years old, he is slowing down. Jones is a beast I never thought he went for that take down, taking down a wrestler and showing some great bjj techniques.

crispy5 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote crispy5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2010 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Blur510

Anyone see Jones beat Matyushenko last night? Jones looks amazing. I think he is the future of the 205 weight class.

Indeed.  And he's only 23 years old!

No matter where you go, there you are.
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2010 at 7:00am
Jones destroys people.  His elbows are deadly.  I really want to see him vs. Anderson Silva.
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
ddomski View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ddomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2010 at 7:06am
I  love that Ellen watches UFC too!
Gnu B Pro 152 BTX w/ Union Milan bindings
Rylander View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Woot!

Quote Rylander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2010 at 7:07am
GSP is the only fighter on the same level as silva. Jones would get banged up quick.
Rylander
azn_dan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Me and the wifey at stowe

Quote azn_dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2010 at 7:12am
Originally posted by barnyard

Jones destroys people.  His elbows are deadly.  I really want to see him vs. Anderson Silva.

I would doubt they would just let him go and fight silva right away, though silva still has to work his way up the 205 class. Maybe, they should put Machida vs Jones or one of the other guys, like rashad, or rampage. The kids got talent no doubt.
'10 Forces - '10 TRS - '10 Rulers '09 Blunt - '09 Freestyles - '09 Motos
iammedan View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iammedan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2010 at 10:20am
UFC in nor cal this weekend woo hoo!
[Burton Cartels]-[2010 32 Ultralights]
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2010 at 10:38am
whoa.

GSP is 5'10, and weighs 170 lbs. Silva is 6'2 and fights at middleweight. Asking Silva to drop to 170 is absolutely ridiculous. If a fight between GSP and Silva is going to happen, then GSP needs to jump up a weight class to keep that fight any kind of legitimate. 5'10 and 185 lbs is perfectly reasonable. 6'2 and 170 pounds is not.

Jones is an awesome fighter, one of my favorites to watch. He trains harder than most anybody and has an incredible portfolio of skills to use. Anybody remember that elbow he hit Vela with? Broke his face in 3 different places. But weight classes are serious issues, I feel like people sometimes just see a good fighter and say 'he should fight silva'.

Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2010 at 10:42am
oh, and the new season of ultimate fighter has been announced.

Team GSP vs Team Koscheck.

Surfs_up View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Surfs_up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2010 at 8:30am
e
Originally posted by giftedhands

whoa.

GSP is 5'10, and weighs 170 lbs. Silva is 6'2 and fights at middleweight. Asking Silva to drop to 170 is absolutely ridiculous. If a fight between GSP and Silva is going to happen, then GSP needs to jump up a weight class to keep that fight any kind of legitimate. 5'10 and 185 lbs is perfectly reasonable. 6'2 and 170 pounds is not.

Jones is an awesome fighter, one of my favorites to watch. He trains harder than most anybody and has an incredible portfolio of skills to use. Anybody remember that elbow he hit Vela with? Broke his face in 3 different places. But weight classes are serious issues, I feel like people sometimes just see a good fighter and say 'he should fight silva'.

GSP has publicly spoke after one of his fights that he would be too small if he climbed weight to 185 to fight Anderson Silva. GSP walks around 185-190 lbs but understand that middle weight fighters walk around 200-205 lbs and cut roughly 15 lbs for a fight. The art of weight cutting is really important and GSP takes full advantage of this, if he fought at middle weight he will no longer have a size advantage. This is why sometimes you see guys like Matt Hughes who is fighting a much smaller guy because Matt Hughes cut serious weight while some of his opponents doesn't cut any weight at all.

Epicentre View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Epicentre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2010 at 8:56pm
Haha has anybody seen what James Toney said about Dana White?  Just saw an interview with Dana about it on sportsnet.  It's hilarious.  Dana took it well and just predicted that Couture would squash James Toney's head.

On a side not, I'm pretty stoked for the sonnen/silva fight. I wouldn't give Sonnen a huge chance at beating silva, but if he can takedown silva those odds go up greatly.  I'm just not if Sonnen can take down silva... he's deadly quick.

Surfs_up View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Surfs_up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2010 at 11:05pm
^^^ Did you watch the weigh ins? I thought it was pretty halarious how Silva didn't even face Sonnen, then When asked by Joe Rogan Sonnen says he is throwing a retirement party of Silva. That sure its going to piss of Silva even more, I like to see a pissed off Anderson fight.
Surfs_up View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Surfs_up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2010 at 8:00pm
The main event fight was sickkkkk. I don't want to spoil it for anybody. One of the best fights I've seen.
joelpaton View Drop Down
Local
Local
Mt. Buller (Aus)

Quote joelpaton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2010 at 10:39pm
Im spoiling it! What a comeback by Silva, very lucky to get away with it, 4 rounds to sonnen and he pulls of a triangle! He got smashed up to, good to see someone beat up on him a bit! But the Spider was too good.
hisnameisdre View Drop Down
Local
Local
Magic Bullet

Quote hisnameisdre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2010 at 5:51am
Originally posted by joelpaton

Im spoiling it! What a comeback by Silva, very lucky to get away with it, 4 rounds to sonnen and he pulls of a triangle! He got smashed up to, good to see someone beat up on him a bit! But the Spider was too good.

Yeah, that was really cool.  I wasn't expecting that to happen, and it was really fun watching it at a bar where everybody was into it.
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2010 at 5:59am
l cant believe l got the ppv, then forgot it was saturday and didnt stay around to watch it T_T gotta download it now. what a waste

*no spoiler plz**
ShredbettyZoe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2010 at 6:54am
Def not disappointed in Sonnen... just really disappointed that Silva still holds the belt.
Sonnen had that fight and was wrecking Silva. Silva got lucky at the end, Sonnen should have held on until he went out haha.

I feel like we just saw a repeat of Carwins fight. Cant really complain about a fight that ends by luck, that's just part of the sport but I hope they do a rematch!!

on another note, holy shtook Silvas face must be made of stone... he never even opened up from that beating, not even swollen at the end of it all. Anyone else think he's crying wolf about his ribs? BS excuse.
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2010 at 6:55am
sonnen was so close.  damn, I wish he'd just danced around like Silva at the end and waited for the bell.
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
ddomski View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ddomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2010 at 7:06am
damn Fitch is boring to watch.
Gnu B Pro 152 BTX w/ Union Milan bindings
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2010 at 8:51am
damn that was probably the best ufc card i've seen. 

junior dos santos is frikkin amazing. and roy nelson needs to lose some damn weight. yeah they whole beer belly thing is cute to laugh at, but coming out like that to face junior dos santos is just dumb. awesome, comprehensive win for JDS. 

Fitch isnt the most exciting guy to watch fight, but hes technical and methodical and i absolutely love that. Plus he trains with my boy out of AKA, so gotta represent for the home team. All those UFC fans who were booing after 4 seconds of grappling need to just go watch WWE. I got plenty respect for thiago, but hes at an odd place with his height and weight. Hes too small  vertically to jump up a weight class, but hes too muscular to fight where he is. 

the heart in ricardo almeida is insane. he seriously refused to tap out, and matt hughes choked the crap out of him. 

silva, silva, silva. Am i the only one who never thought silva was going to lose that fight? Even going into round 5, i bet my friend silva would win, and now he owes me lunch. i do believe him about the ribs thing, he never really seemed into the fight completely, and even sonnen said he expected a lot more resistance from silva. I can't think of a fight hes had ever, where he looked that sluggish. Props to Sonnen, he did a lot of what he said he was going to do, and he clearly outstriked silva on the numbers. but one of the things people forget about silva, (probably bc he rarely takes abuse), is that he can eat punches like popcorn. how many times did we see sonnen wail on him, and silva not even look concerned. at one point silva just put his hands down and let sonnen hit him. twice. and even with the amount of abuse silva took, there wasnt a scratch on him. but he busted both eyebrows of sonnen, with elbows that werent even 6 inches away. if you looked at the fighters in the ring afterwards, you'd think that silva dominated sonnen the whole way through. 

it is hilarious though, that sonnen, who was disrespecting silva's black belt, ended up losing to a BJJ move. its no secret that sonnen doesnt have any JJ defense, 7 of his 11 losses have come by submission. the way he was leaving his arm on silvas chest was just asking for it. 

Surfs_up View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Surfs_up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2010 at 9:05am
Fitch is exciting to watch if you are a wrestler. I use to wresltle and am now doing some BJJ, so I get excited when their are against the cage trying to go for an advantageous position. It may look like they are stalling but in reality they are really trying to fight for position. When there is a take down I like to watch both fighters. I look at the top fighter to see how is trying to advance, and I pay close attention to bottom what kind of defenses is he putting up. I guess if you really knowledable in the ground game and have done it before you'll be more excited to watch these types of fights.
Blur510 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Blur510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2010 at 10:23am
I wanted Sonnen to win so badly!! I am glad that even though he lost, he beat the hell out of the spider. I want to see a rematch.
kymerj1 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote kymerj1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2010 at 10:29am
Yes me too.  I used to watch him fight in the WEC and I knew he was good but I didn't think he was going to beat up on Silva like he did.  He did everything he said he was going to do in the pre-fight interviews except win.
riderdie569 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote riderdie569 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2010 at 10:38am
Originally posted by ShredbettyZoe

Def not disappointed in Sonnen... just really disappointed that Silva still holds the belt.
Sonnen had that fight and was wrecking Silva. Silva got lucky at the end, Sonnen should have held on until he went out haha.

I feel like we just saw a repeat of Carwins fight. Cant really complain about a fight that ends by luck, that's just part of the sport but I hope they do a rematch!!

on another note, holy shtook Silvas face must be made of stone... he never even opened up from that beating, not even swollen at the end of it all. Anyone else think he's crying wolf about his ribs? BS excuse.
I totally agreeeeeee!!! I was really hoping that sonnen would go the distance. You dont talk all that trash, end up in the ring with the best, then back up the sh!t talk for 4 and a half rounds and tap to a triangle. you go to sleep!!! But all in all Sonnen held his own as long as he did and put a gauntlet on silva like i have never seen before. Such a good fight.
Surfs_up View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Surfs_up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2010 at 10:53am

Anyone else think he's crying wolf about his ribs? BS excuse.

Even Chael Sonnen said it was too easy to take down Silva he must of been injured prior to the fight. Silva has fought Sonnen's coach in the past who was an olympic wrestler and he had a tough time taking down Silva. I think it's legit, it's not like Anderson to make excuses.

Props to Sonnen no one gave him any chance and by the start of the 5th round everyone thought he was going to win. He just got caught in a something that he's been caught in many times. So close yet so far.
kopower View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote kopower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2010 at 11:28am
Solid night of fights. The last two ppv's have been outstanding. Dos Santos gave some big punishment and took a few good shots as well.
chungeroni View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote chungeroni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2010 at 11:40am
finally got to watch the fight.. and wowowowowow, these past two cards were awesome(117 being better). These last two main events were lesnar looked like he was getting dominated but won, same thing w/ silva.. as for the whole rib thing, I think we should test it out by throwing another big time wrestler at silva (GSP anyone?!) but since that won't happen i just want to see silva ACTUALLY fight again
Oh, I’m in no condition to drive. Wait a minute. I don’t have to listen to myself. I’m drunk.
KellyBoy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote KellyBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2010 at 1:30pm
Silva got knock around last night but I knew that he will come out with the win by submission. If I was the other dude, I would of run around in the final round and give Silva a taste of his own medicine. haaha
kingman756 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kingman756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2010 at 4:23pm
sonnen got what was comin. i never seen some one talk so much smack espicially for fighting silva
solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2010 at 6:45pm
I was impressed. Silva was losing the fight and out of no where pulls out the win. Good stuff.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2010 at 6:58pm
Sonnen talked crap but backed it up. He did exactly what somebody needs to do to beat Silva, he just didn't finish it. Holy Crap! Anderson Silva took a beating. 
Bring it hard or don't bring it at all.
Surfs_up View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Surfs_up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2010 at 12:05am

Originally posted by kingman756

sonnen got what was comin. i never seen some one talk so much smack espicially for fighting silva

He's just hyping up a fight. I'm sure it was Dana's idea to get Sonnen talking all that smack, to try and piss off Anderson. Hype brings in ppv buys, they do this all the time.
joelpaton View Drop Down
Local
Local
Mt. Buller (Aus)

Quote joelpaton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2010 at 12:29am
yeah great effort by sonnen he wont make that mistake twice. bring on the rematch!
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2010 at 4:48am
Impressive comeback from Silva after getting absolutely man-handled for 22 solid minutes.  I think Sonnen needs to start learning to use the edges of his elbows, for all the abuse Silva took Chael definately looked worse for the wear.

Alves looked like crap.  Fitch has a way of doing that to fighters but Alves looked super flat.  He needs to stay at a lighter weight in between fights so he doesn't have to make such dramatic weight cuts.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2010 at 4:54am
challengers need to learn to close matches better.  Under only slightly different circumstances, Carwin and Sonnen could be champs.
ShredbettyZoe View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
<3

Quote ShredbettyZoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2010 at 5:22am
Originally posted by Surfs_up

Even Chael Sonnen said it was too easy to take down Silva he must of been injured prior to the fight. Silva has fought Sonnen's coach in the past who was an olympic wrestler and he had a tough time taking down Silva. I think it's legit, it's not like Anderson to make excuses.

Props to Sonnen no one gave him any chance and by the start of the 5th round everyone thought he was going to win. He just got caught in a something that he's been caught in many times. So close yet so far.
I must have missed the comments... did he say this immediately after the fight or was it in the interviews after? And how was Silva's rib hurt? in his last fight or in training or something?

toonerz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote toonerz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2010 at 6:01am

Originally posted by Surfs_up

I must have missed the comments... did he say this immediately after the fight or was it in the interviews after? And how was Silva's rib hurt? in his last fight or in training or something?
I think it was in the post fight press conference.

Silva said he sustained a rib injury about a week before the fight was asked by his doctor not to fight.
keljai View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote keljai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2010 at 6:07am
great fight this week!! l missed the ppv (even though l paid it) redownloaded it taking me 2hr, but well worth the time. Silva doesn't look like himself this week though anyone know why??

Edit: nvm l read on top after
E13 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote E13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2010 at 11:46am
I don't think I've ever seen a better card in the UFC.  Every single fight was interesting and exciting (some in different ways like Fitch Alves).  I'm interested that nobody talks at all about Guida. He's had a couple of good fights in a row and touts a 27-6 record in MMA. 

Gifted, I think it's only natural to have a hate fest for the champion in MMA.  People may not like the way Silva fights, but he wins.  So what, he had a couple fights that were far from fireworks.  He's also put on a clinic in the division for the past 3 years.

Sonnen talked more $hit than anyone I've ever seen.  Good for him.  He promoted the fight.  To me, it's somewhat childish and unprofessional, ultimately being more irritating than anything.  I'm glad he talked all that $hit and was 2 minutes from becoming the new world champion, got cocky and by someone with a "Noguera black belt [that] is something you get with your happy meal from McDonald's" is forced to tap out before his arm is broken or he passes out cold.  Eat a dick, Sonnen and then learn some respect.  If you want to be disrespectful, do it in the ring where you're allowed to beat someone down.  I'd like him to sit and watch that stupid fight preview of him talking $hit OVER and OVER again for 2 days straight and think about how close he was to that title.  Then, maybe instead of talking all that head he'll focus on becoming a better fighter and work on some ground defense (which, Gifted is right, is PISS poor comparatively speaking). 

I don't think the rib thing was an excuse.  Is it still called an excuse if you win? I'm not even sure.  There will be a rematch and I'd be willing to bet it will be nothing like this fight at all.

Is anyone planning on watching the Edgar vs. Penn fight?
First of all, I don't even like you. Second of all, I don't even drink...
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2010 at 11:49am
Penn looks more fit than before because before he was looking a little chubby but now he's lean so let's see him get mean!
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2010 at 11:52am
E13 I'm a huge Guida fan.  That dudes motor never stops and win or lose he always puts on good matches.  His wars with Diego and Huerta were awesome.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
E13 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote E13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2010 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by CoMtnRider

E13 I'm a huge Guida fan.  That dudes motor never stops and win or lose he always puts on good matches.  His wars with Diego and Huerta were awesome.

I agree, CO.  Did you notice how they BOTH looked like Cavemen??? Hilarious!!! Guida, Fitch and Silva each made me $20 on Saturday.  I lost $10 on the one prior to the Alvez fight (I can't remember their names but after round 1 I was just SURE my dude had it in the bag only to get knocked the EFF out with a straight left to the chin!!).
toonerz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote toonerz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2010 at 12:02pm
I admire Guida's intensity, but I don't like watching him anymore. He tends to just smother his opponents instead of finishing. It's the same problem I have with Fitch.
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2010 at 12:05pm
Id agree with you 100% E. Sonnen had the advantage for 23 minutes and couldn't seal the deal. Silva had the advantage for 10 seconds and choked Sonnen the shtook out. Not much of a question who's the better fighter to me.

Guida is sick, hes non stop energy. I'm pretty sure he smokes a pound of crack with his breakfast. Im not interested in UFC 118 at all, not a big fan of Penn, and i couldn't care less about randy couture fighting james toney. Seriously, wtf? Is that the best Dana could do? Doesn't the UFC have enough steroid problems in the heavyweight class already with Lesnar? 
Instructor
Instructor

Quote CoMtnRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2010 at 12:07pm
Agreed GH, that Randy fight does not interest me in the slightest. 
E13 View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote E13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2010 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by giftedhands

Id agree with you 100% E. Sonnen had the advantage for 23 minutes and couldn't seal the deal. Silva had the advantage for 10 seconds and choked Sonnen the shtook out. Not much of a question who's the better fighter to me.

Guida is sick, hes non stop energy. I'm pretty sure he smokes a pound of crack with his breakfast. Im not interested in UFC 118 at all, not a big fan of Penn, and i couldn't care less about randy couture fighting james toney. Seriously, wtf? Is that the best Dana could do? Doesn't the UFC have enough steroid problems in the heavyweight class already with Lesnar? 

I have the same feeling.  I like Randy Couture but I really don't give a flying fk about this fight.  Are either one of them a contender for Lesnar's belt?  No.  BJ Penn has never really been one of my favorites, nor one that I'd pay to watch fight.  Plus, after 117, I have a feeling that I'm going to be let down no matter who is fighting.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>