Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheLuckster View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's ready for some football 2010/2011
    Posted: Jan/30/2011 at 10:18am
Im glad that im not the only one who saw that action that ben was getting from mendenhall.
ColaLover View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2011 at 10:41am
Mark Sanchez is so funny rubbing that booger on some guy.
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 4:21am
wow the Pro Bowl was even more of a joke yesterday than in the previous years, turned it on for about 2 min and then gave up.  I watched as they blew the whistle before any big hits came...

at least there is still one more real football game left next sunday and that one i konw can guarantee some big hits
andydeckerrr View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 4:50am
the pro bowl is a waste. I still don't understand why they make players play. its just embarrassing. no blitzing, can only run certain plays, must have a TE on the line, etc.. its garbage.
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 4:54am

So what's everyone's take on the superbowl?

I like both teams so I don't know who to bet on.....
I think the packers has a slight advantage, but this is a really hard match up to determine...
I'm assuming it'll eitehr be Packers-over or Steelers-under
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 9:28am
Yeah, I watched the pro bowl. Nothing else was worth watching. Nice to see my boy, Alex Mack (Cal Bears!) get that TD at the end. The game dosent matter but that extra cash bonus for the winners just might come in handy if there's a lockout next season. So it matterd to some...
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
robnezz23 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Squaw Valley USA 02/05/2012

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 9:42am
Amen for the Alex Mack Golden Bears shout out!!  Go Bears!!  Damn I hope there's not a lockout next season, that would bite.
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 11:54am
honestly i think the players like going to the pro bowl.  you get to chill with other players you don't normally hang out with, a week of fun in hawaii, what's not to like??  as for watching it, the rules make it so its an offensive game.  would you rather honestly watch a defensive struggle than an offensive shootout??  i have to admit, it was funny watching the lineman just standing around playing pattycake all game.
dking View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
06KW01

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2011 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by zabisket

wow the Pro Bowl was even more of a joke yesterday than in the previous years, turned it on for about 2 min and then gave up.  I watched as they blew the whistle before any big hits came...
Except for that first fumble by Welker. He got stood up and pushed back a few yards before letting the ball go. I'm sure he figured the play was over. Not really worth much discussion though.

Fitting with the rest of the season filled with upsets and unanticipated winners, it's a tough call to put any money on the Super Bowl. It could be close or a blow out either way if one team doesn't show up of play a complete game. A fitting end to a great season.
No Sig... I'm just not that witty or creative
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2011 at 4:14am
Yes! Polamalu finally wins the Defensive Player of the Year, well deserving and a close win against another worthy opponent, C. Matthews... but the real winner between comes Sunday, only 5 more days
Viper713 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
First time ever snowboarding

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2011 at 4:28am
I didn't even watch the Pro bowl, I figured it wouldn't be entertaining and I would just be jealous of the weather haha.

Congrats to Polamalu though! He is a great player, but the biggest award in on Sunday. Let's see which team can take home the big trophy.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2011 at 7:54am
To all you Charger fans: I heard on the radio (interview of some reporter from the LA times, I think) that the Chargers are the front runners to move to the new stadium they're trying to build in LA. It was kinda noisy where I was at, so I couldn't hear much of the interview. Not saying it's gonna happen, it's only what I heard. I thought it was either gonna be the Viknigs or Jags.
davidr1623 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2011 at 7:56am
not interested in the super bowel this year. could care less who wins because i dont like either of the teams playing. i would have liked to see the bears and jets go at it. that would have been a great game. oh well maybe next year.
pyrotechnics View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2011 at 3:30pm

Yes! Polamalu finally wins the Defensive Player of the Year, well deserving and a close win against another worthy opponent, C. Matthews... but the real winner between comes Sunday, only 5 more days

about time he got it....too bad the pro bowl was a joke to watch though.
duke1144 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2011 at 5:41pm
Finally Polamalu got DPY. He deserved it after how he played this year
ynottony View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 6:54am
Originally posted by duke1144

He's a fun guy to watch...especially when he's leaving over the offensive line to get a sack and disrupt things. Clap
CoMtnRider View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 7:07am
Originally posted by duke1144

I dont think there is a single player on Defense that means more to a team than him.  They are a completely different team without him in the lineup.  I hate Pit but I definitely admire his skills and he seems like a good guy, congrats to him.
I mock your value system and you look foolish in the eyes of others. - Homer Simpson
BudAshes View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 9:29am
Originally posted by andydeckerrr

the pro bowl is a waste. I still don't understand why they make players play. its just embarrassing. no blitzing, can only run certain plays, must have a TE on the line, etc.. its garbage.

The worst part is that people gamble on the probowl.  You would have to be crazy.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 9:49am
Yeah I heard the pro bowl sucked.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 10:01am
Intersting stuff on yahoo. I always thought the "G" on the Packers helmet stood for Green Bay. It actually stands for Greatness.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 10:12am
Originally posted by solocreep

To all you Charger fans: I heard on the radio (interview of some reporter from the LA times, I think) that the Chargers are the front runners to move to the new stadium they're trying to build in LA. It was kinda noisy where I was at, so I couldn't hear much of the interview. Not saying it's gonna happen, it's only what I heard. I thought it was either gonna be the Viknigs or Jags.

it makes sense. chargers have some of the lowest attendance despite their above-average records season after season. moving to LA would mean dipping even more (there is already a fan base, mostly in orange county, but some in LA county as well) into the 2nd largest market in the US and still keeping the team accessible for the fans in san diego.
ColaLover View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 10:21am
I hope the steelers get crushed by 13
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 10:36am
no surprise by Brady taking the OPY, but it should be interesting to see who gets Coach of the Year...Im thinking R. Morris (Bucs) but McCarthey (Pac) and Tomlin (Steelers) are tied for a close second
wpiass View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 12:02pm

Intersting stuff on yahoo. I always thought the "G" on the Packers helmet stood for Green Bay. It actually stands for Greatness.

have you looked that up on something like snopes.com?  sounds kinda like one of those fishy, gullible things.  Wink
be talkin to ya
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by wpiass

have you looked that up on something like snopes.com?  sounds kinda like one of those fishy, gullible things.  Wink

Didn't see anything on snopes, but found this interesting one instead: http://www.snopes.com/glurge/warner.asp
rishihb View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 12:55pm
In the last 2 days, SportsCenter has made so many comparisons of Rodgers to some sort of Montana-Young hybrid. How about waiting until he wins at least 1 SB before comparing him to some of he greatest of all time. So far, he isn't even the most accomplished QB in this superbowl, let alone any other one in NFL history.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by rishihb

In the last 2 days, SportsCenter has made so many comparisons of Rodgers to some sort of Montana-Young hybrid. How about waiting until he wins at least 1 SB before comparing him to some of he greatest of all time. So far, he isn't even the most accomplished QB in this superbowl, let alone any other one in NFL history.

there are great QBs that have never won, like dan marino. football is a team sport, you can't really rate any position player by the number of rings that have. you could be the best QB in history, but you have no linemen, running back, or a defense to help you win games. that doesn't mean you're not good.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2011 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by lightning80

Originally posted by rishihb

there are great QBs that have never won, like dan marino. football is a team sport, you can't really rate any position player by the number of rings that have. you could be the best QB in history, but you have no linemen, running back, or a defense to help you win games. that doesn't mean you're not good.

by the same token...a great player should be able to make his team better as well.
ynottony View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2011 at 3:55am
Originally posted by BudAshes

Originally posted by andydeckerrr

The worst part is that people gamble on the probowl.  You would have to be crazy.

Not if you bet the over. Big smile
jjfreak View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2011 at 4:04am

I want the Steelers to win, but I think the Packers are gonna take it this year

ynottony View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2011 at 4:04am

no surprise by Brady taking the OPY, but it should be interesting to see who gets Coach of the Year...Im thinking R. Morris (Bucs) but McCarthey (Pac) and Tomlin (Steelers) are tied for a close second

Belichick wins it and here's why: Belichick, who also oversees New England's personnel, operated without any coordinators in 2010. They traded Randy Moss, dealt with Logan Mankins' long contract holdout, endured injuries that would rattle other teams, and successfully infused several young players into key roles. 

But...the Pats were expected to be good regardless.
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2011 at 9:09am
^Yup, Belichick knows how to get the most out of his players.
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2011 at 9:41am
Originally posted by ynottony

Belichick wins it and here's why: Belichick, who also oversees New England's personnel, operated without any coordinators in 2010. They traded Randy Moss, dealt with Logan Mankins' long contract holdout, endured injuries that would rattle other teams, and successfully infused several young players into key roles. 

But...the Pats were expected to be good regardless.

yea i forgot about what Belichick had to deal with this year, i still liked Morris as the front runner just bc his team is even younger and they really have no leadership and at least Belichick has Brady to help take control, but congrats to him nonetheless for he was still very deserving of it

I think its safe to say Bradford will get the Offensive Rookie but should be it should be interesting to see who gets Defensive Rookie bc Suh (Lions), Haden (Browns) and McCourty (Pats) all had great seasons however i think Suh will be the one to take that honor
snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2011 at 10:12am
I agree that Belichick deserved coach of the year; he did a great job with a lot of young players. Too bad they didn't get further in the post season.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2011 at 11:46am
Originally posted by snowmen

I agree that Belichick deserved coach of the year; he did a great job with a lot of young players. Too bad they didn't get further in the post season.
he should be! but a lot of people get annoyed by the things he says...or doesnt most of the time.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2011 at 12:07pm
Jason Garrett deserves to by coach of the year. With the same team that Wade Phillips dragged to the bottom, Garrett made the team instantly competitive, and with Jon Kitna to boot...
BudAshes View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2011 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by lightning80

Jason Garrett deserves to by coach of the year. With the same team that Wade Phillips dragged to the bottom, Garrett made the team instantly competitive, and with Jon Kitna to boot...

Almost makes you wonder whether the team was tanking.
kushman182 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2011 at 1:21pm
Go indianapolis!! ha colts all the way
boarder123 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2011 at 1:23pm
GO Packers aw yeah. PS- im from the d, we route for whoever basically
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2011 at 9:19am
Both the packers and steelers have no official cheerleaders. I dont watch football for the cheerleaders. They're just a bonus. But the superbowl without cheerleaders? It better be a good game.
mrrorydigital View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2011 at 9:24am
^ What? This is an outrage! The NFL can count me out as a viewer. No cheerleaders. The superbowl now gets the Gasface. Franco Harris will rush for 200+ yards.
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2011 at 9:24am

Both the packers and steelers have no official cheerleaders. I dont watch football for the cheerleaders. They're just a bonus. But the superbowl without cheerleaders? It better be a good game.

they should just get the cowboys cheerleaders since they're playing there..they don't even have to cheer..just stand around in their outfit.
djinhwan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2011 at 9:30am
green and yellow!
my mom says im hardcore
solocreep View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2011 at 9:33am
They should just hire some cheerleader temps or just show Ines Sainz on the sideline. As far as commercials go, last year they were pretty tame. Nothing like that 1st GoDaddy commercial.
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2011 at 11:15am
2 days for the superbowl. LETS GO PACKERSSSS
zakk View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Don Otto Chair - Nevados de Chillan, Chile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2011 at 11:23am
i really think the Packers are going to take it home.  I think it will be close so I took Steelers +7 with a buddy.  the spead should be 1.5 TOPS and I don't know who I'd even put as the favorite.  
-zakk

snowmen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2011 at 11:27am
I think it will be a close game as well with the Packers taking it by 3.
plams View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2011 at 11:29am
Steelers are taking XLV!!!!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2011 at 11:48am
its only getting closer....too bad its not going to live up to the hype but at least the commercials will keep me entertained.
SnapShot View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2011 at 11:50am
Is it time to post a prediction?

Steelers 20
Packers 17
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455>