Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
The English Butler View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2011 Sierra Collab Projects
    Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 9:54am
Hi guys

I know a lot of you have been wondering which companies Sierra and going to be working with for producing collab projects for the 2011 season, so we thought you'd like to see where we're with that stuff.

Yes we will be producing a range of boards for next season as well and we're currently involved in negotiations with several companies but I can't say anymore than that - don't wanna jinx anything Big smile Again, as soon as we have something finalized we'll let you know.

First up is our collab bindings with Rome called the S90. Just had the production samples in and signed them off, so they're going into production asap - we know there's a binding shortage out there!

Everyone in the office has been really impressed with them, they look trick. Everyone at Bettypalooza out in VT in March demoed Rome's 2011 bindings and loved them. A bunch of us were riding them at the Winter Park demos in January and were really impressed with them - we've used their best, top-end ankle strap which is probably the most comfortable one I've ever ridden Clap

Next up is our first venture into outerwear. We've produced a small, limited edition collection with Sessions with a jacket in 2 colorways and pants in 3 colorways. We're waiting on the production samples to arrive in the office but we're really stoked on how they're looking.

A lot of the staff (and community) have been rocking Sessions this season - really great product from an awesome company. The owner Joel is such a cool guy - a bunch of us gotta hang with him at SIA and he's a blast. As soon as the production samples turn up we'll post pics up here Big smile

Quick note here - don't pay too much attention to the names of the Sessions jackets and pants. We only used those particular models as reference for shape and a basic starting point. We customized the specs to what we wanted to achieve in a jacket/pants in terms of lining/waterproofing etc

It's really been fun working with such a great bunch of people at both Sessions and Rome and we're really excited to have finished product land at the new warehouse. As soon as it gets in we'll let you guys know.
More Tea Lord Douglas?
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 9:57am
Those Sierra90s are looking to be the replacement for my current 390s!

Good stuff so far
sketchanderase View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
my Lib Tech

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 9:58am
I love the bindingss! and the jackets look like they'll be pretty sick! looking forward to more news of other collabs
julius77 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:01am
Man, I'm getting a boner thinking about new gear for next season. I can't wait to see what Sierra does!
Shop smart... Shop S-Mart.
lightning80 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:02am
no "Sierra" wording or logo?
Snowguy7 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:06am
yea just looks like Sierra will have their own colors & stuff...  hmmm
I am definitely surprised, not even an SS logo or anything

- Whenever I go to shave, I assume there's someone else on the planet shaving, so I say, "I'm gonna go shave, too." -
bugsbunnymydad View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:07am
Am I the only that's not digging the bit of blue on the bindings?

But a sierra version of the ROME 390s!!!!! That is freaking epic win right there.

And thumbs up to the outerwear collab with Sessions. Love their stuff. The softshell I got from them is very nice quality.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:08am
Originally posted by lightning80

no "Sierra" wording or logo?

Correct, we've been doing a mixture of 'own brand' and 'manufacturers brand' products this season and found that the mix works well eg essentially the Sierrascope and Union Contact Sl Bindings were branded Capita/Union whereas the Team/Crew/Stunt etc were branded Sierra
More Tea Lord Douglas?
Epicentre View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:08am
Yea it would be awesome if we could get the SS logo on the clothing.  Either way I am stoked to see the clothing line.  The bindings look awesome.  Gotta say the ankle strap looks damn comfortable.
The colours look awesome for the jackets and pants.  Can't wait to hear about the other collabs!

Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:11am
^^ Yeah we had a debate about whether to co-brand the outerwear ad though for our first collab for outerwear we'd just brand it Sessions but in a longer term then, yes, we'd look and bringing more Sierra branding into our pieces.
More Tea Lord Douglas?
Epicentre View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:13am
Awesome I'll definitely be waiting to see Sierra branded outerware.  I'm definitely still going to have my eye on this sessions gear for next year.  Do you know the specs on the outerware?
RideTimeless View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:14am
What makes the Sierra S90 different from the Rome's 390?  Just asking from the Union Sierra SL colab, which I want to say is a contact base, with SL highback, and Force straps (correct me if I'm wrong.)  I just like to know what makes the Sierra colabs unique (like the Sierrascope, Indoor Survival contruction with the Horroscope shape.)

I like the color combo on the sessions jacket and pants...if it was just black and yellow with horizontal stripes, you would look like a bee!!LOL

Did you google it?
Dirtydragon View Drop Down
Local
Local
The Top oF Tahoe

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:17am
sweet looking product.  I think i might just have to nab up some session pants for next year
dr86 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:20am
wow. the bindings are pretty cool and so are the jacket and pants. hopefully, you guys end up producing the sierrascope again. looking forward to seeing all the new graphics on sierra collab boards. No Union colab this year?
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:22am
RideTimeless - it's a mixture of the 2010 390s and next season's 2011 390s eg The ankle strap is totally new for next season's 390s and we got that for our S90 model.

So price wise it'll probably sit somewhere between the 390 and the Arsenal I believe (although don't quote me on that, quite sensibly no one lets designers deal with numbers LOL)
More Tea Lord Douglas?
Mike.M View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
OUTSIDE MY DECK

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:26am
That ankle strap is the most comfortable strap i have felt in 15 years of snowboarding.
808miles View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
HOWZIT!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:30am
Looks like the Arsenal chassis with the 390 highback. Like the color scheme.
Nothing to it but to do it.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:38am
dr86 - we're still in negotiations with Capita/Union over exactly which projects we're collaborating with them on.

So it's definitely not a 'No'  and hopefully we will do some type of binding collab with Union as well as a new 'Sierrascope' but nothing is 100% yet so can't give you more info than that - sorry
More Tea Lord Douglas?
sjhoopster28 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
winter funn :p

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:39am
what is it???
itr43 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:40am
Does the S90 have the cant beds like the 390 Boss? Will there be a S90 Boss? Tongue
CheckOnTrips View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:44am
Thanks for keeping us updated! 

I like the colors that you guys chose for the outerwear.  Do you have any info about the waterproofing/breathability? 
UTEXASS View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:47am
Damn English, you are getting me all excited about the new gear.

Can't wait to see what the sscope is going to look like. Give us a tease soon kthx?
shop_45296 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:50am
Originally posted by The English Butler

Correct, we've been doing a mixture of 'own brand' and 'manufacturers brand' products this season and found that the mix works well eg essentially the Sierrascope and Union Contact Sl Bindings were branded Capita/Union whereas the Team/Crew/Stunt etc were branded Sierra
but the sierra scope did have "sierra" in sierrascope on the sidewalls.
not that its a problem, of coarse..  i just figured most brands want to advertise their logo.
bindings are looking great guys.  no official word on boards yet?
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:51am

RideTimeless - it's a mixture of the 2010 390s and next season's 2011 390s eg The ankle strap is totally new for next season's 390s and we got that for our S90 model.

So price wise it'll probably sit somewhere between the 390 and the Arsenal I believe (although don't quote me on that, quite sensibly no one lets designers deal with numbers LOL)

Sweet!  Thanks Phil.  At that price point (if it is in the middle) you'll be giving the consumers a hard decision to make for next season.  Union and Rome and IMO, one of the two best bindings to choose from at their price point (cheaper than Burton, Ride, and Flow.)  Not saying the other bindings out there are not good, it's just my experience. Big smile
Did you google it?
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:55am
itr43- No I think the footbeds are the same as this season's 390s. No plans for an S90 Boss I'm afraid

CheckOnTrips - From what I can remember the jacket has waterproofing to 20,000mm, warmth rating 4, critically taped seams, pit vents. Can't find the spec sheet at the minute but 99% sure that's what was approved. Pants, same waterproofing/warmth rating

Texass - soon as we have anything 'signed and sealed' we'll let you guys see it. Like I said in the 1st post, just don't wanna jinx it LOL
More Tea Lord Douglas?
Duneluder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 10:57am
sweeeet, diggin the bindings might have to pick those up

Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:00am
Originally posted by shop_45296

but the sierra scope did have "sierra" in sierrascope on the sidewalls.
not that its a problem, of coarse..  i just figured most brands want to advertise their logo.
bindings are looking great guys.  no official word on boards yet?

Correct but it's not very noticeable. Doubt many people saw that until they were right up close.

I wouldn't really called that 'Sierra branded' or even 'co-branded'. Unless you really looked closely at the board it looks like a 100% Capita branded board, but yes you are correct LOL
More Tea Lord Douglas?
CheckOnTrips View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:02am

itr43- No I think the footbeds are the same as this season's 390s. No plans for an S90 Boss I'm afraid

CheckOnTrips - From what I can remember the jacket has waterproofing to 20,000mm, warmth rating 4, critically taped seams, pit vents. Can't find the spec sheet at the minute but 99% sure that's what was approved. Pants, same waterproofing/warmth rating

Texass - soon as we have anything 'signed and sealed' we'll let you guys see it. Like I said in the 1st post, just don't wanna jinx it LOL

Sweet, thanks for the info.  Looking forward to getting more details!
fini View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vorsprung durch Technik

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:03am
Those bindings look really good. and if it's as comfy as mike says it is, i'll probably pick up a pair too!

i also want a pair of the lemonaid pants!

what type of jacket will it be? shell? insulated?
heischjr View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:05am

Can't wait for these bindings.  I have the 390's and love them.  It looks like it will be time for an upgrade.

mrrorydigital View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:16am
Looks like some pretty sick gear! Can't wait to try some of it out. The Sierra/Union collab last year was awesome! Keep it up Sierra!
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:25am
Fini - it's essentially gonna be a shell jacket with a small degree of lining/insulation.

The research we did found that a larger % of people we asked rode lighter jackets with a fleece (or something else) underneath on colder days.

The main reason given was that the jacket becomes more versatile throughout the season as you can wear it on the warmer days with just a t-shirt underneath as well, which, you don't really have the option with a full/heavily insulated jacket. 
More Tea Lord Douglas?
JandJBlks2k View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:28am
those binds are sick!! I need a new binding for my signal board! this might be the one!!

any ideas when are they going to be released???

see this is thing, you buy an excelleng product here then SS will release another good one!!! it's borderline addiction!!

I guess this put an end with the "sierra snowboard" filed bankruptcy rumor!
bugsbunnymydad View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:31am
Any plans on collabs for higher end bindings? Or is Sierra just gonna do 1 binding a year?
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:31am
Originally posted by fini

Those bindings look really good. and if it's as comfy as mike says it is, i'll probably pick up a pair too!

i also want a pair of the lemonaid pants!

what type of jacket will it be? shell? insulated?

With a warmth rating of 4.  It's not down, but enough that it's 1 up from a Sessions replay
http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/Sessions-Replay-Snowboard-jackets.asp
Did you google it?
dbowles View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:32am
Yellow or green pants... Ill have to wait to see the actual pictures before deciding.

They all look good though.

My blog.
Go there it's what the cool people are doing
fini View Drop Down
Local
Local
Vorsprung durch Technik

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:32am

Fini - it's essentially gonna be a shell jacket with a small degree of lining/insulation.

The research we did found that a larger % of people we asked rode lighter jackets with a fleece (or something else) underneath on colder days.

The main reason given was that the jacket becomes more versatile throughout the season as you can wear it on the warmer days with just a t-shirt underneath as well, which, you don't really have the option with a full/heavily insulated jacket. 

beauty. this is what i wanted to hear. i am one of those large % of people. haha

-- is this the same idea with the pants as well?  noticed the wording on the picture, will it be similar to the gridlock pants?
BVoZ View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:36am
when will these things be in stock?

So the collabs will be with rome, sessions, and possibly capita/union, will you guys work with other companies? specifically lib tech.
eldolocal68 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:37am
please tell me there will be an all black version of those binders, or something other than school bus yellow.
Expert Members
Expert Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:38am
Originally posted by bugsbunnymydad

Any plans on collabs for higher end bindings? Or is Sierra just gonna do 1 binding a year?

Er... the 390s are Rome's top-end binding Wink
More Tea Lord Douglas?
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:39am
Originally posted by BVoZ

when will these things be in stock?

So the collabs will be with rome, sessions, and possibly capita/union, will you guys work with other companies? specifically lib tech.

Can't release all the info (said above somewhere) ...no jinxing!  But, thanks for the sneak peek for now!Big smile
Did you google it?
itr43 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:40am

Sounds perfect for me.  Any estimate on price point?  Will the jacket have any type of pant-interface?  What production sizes will be available?  The bindings look awesome though...almost wish I didn't pick up a pair or 390's late last season.
irish-boarder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:41am
i think these bindings look awesome. any idea what sort of price range yet for any of the gear?
The 'GINGERS HAVE SOULS' kid is crazy..
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:42am
right...why not the whole package?
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:46am
Those bindings are looking pretty yummy, the jacket is so so, the pants are decent.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
chenmt View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 11:58am
looks good. the binding strap actually looks a lot like the one on the forum republic, which i think is the comfiest ive ridden.

i second the sierra clothing branding. id love to get something like that
BABY POWDER View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
this pimpin bishes

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 12:00pm
I am digging these collabs.  I definitely want to snag the S90s and the outerwear.
Notta now Nutta
bonkfisher5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Stepchild Chi Borg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 12:09pm
Yes! Those are sick bindings! I can't wait to see the board collabs
Crushing the whistler bike park! Check it out! http://www.pinkbike.com/video/215809/
KellyBoy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 12:26pm
I need that Session pants in the grey town color. The bindings are looking nice also.
surgyon View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2010 at 12:34pm
digging the angled pockets on the pants. like the colors too. For the jackets, which country am I thinking of that uses those three colors?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>