0 Staff | 27 Members
Live Chat
trusnow
Powered by 396,421 Members
Shopping Forum Out of Stock
username or email password
 Forum Home > SNOWBOARDS > Snowboard Classified Section

Quick Login: Forgot password?

BESTand WORST of online classifieds(Ebay, CL, etc)

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 9>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
broke_folk View Drop Down
Local
Local

Online Status: Offline
  Quote broke_folk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BESTand WORST of online classifieds(Ebay, CL, etc)
    Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 8:48am
^ cheap ass set-up.. Like you said, it might be worth the price for the bindings.
I would buy that set-up and sell the items piece by peice to make some money.
carebear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 8:51am
that's a good plan
TahoeDreamin View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote TahoeDreamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2010 at 10:06am
best of craigslist > SF bay area > Costco, Pimp Sticks, Tempura Shrimp, and the Saggy Pantyhose of Delay Originally Posted: Mon, 21 Mar 09:53 PST

Costco, Pimp Sticks, Tempura Shrimp, and the Saggy Pantyhose of Delay

Date: 2005-03-21, 9:53AM PST

I've always wanted a pimp stick. No, not a cane - A PIMP STICK. I think I might pick one up before I go on spring break. I bet I'll be the only girl at the beach with one. If you see me and my pimp stick in Mexico, don't hate. Celebrate. I don't know what was wrong with me yesterday. It was Sunday, the day of rest, GOD'S DAY for goodness sake, and I felt angry and stabby. Pimp stick dreams notwithstanding. It all started at Costco. If you don't have a Costco, it's basically a giant warehouse store where you can buy things like 150 pound bags of raccoon food. It doesn't even matter that you don't have raccoons, or that you would never need that much raccoon food even if you had an entire colony of Mormon raccoons breeding in your basement - the point is: THERE IS A COMPLETE EXCESS OF USELESS ITEMS THERE FOR THE PICKIN'. IN BULK. MORE RACCOON FOOD AND CHICKEN WINGS THAN ANY HUMAN COULD EVER NEED. And what gigantically fat American doesn't want that? If you don't have a Costco, it's like Sam's Club without the Sam Walton specter of bad employment practices. If you don't have a Costco or a Sam's Club - where the shtook do you live, anyway? McGregor, Minnesota? If so, I'm awfully sorry. I didn't go to Costco to pick up a pimp stick, because I was pretty sure they wouldn't have them there. I mean, one pimp stick should last you ten years at least, so there really isn't much need to sell pimp sticks in bulk. Although one would also think there would be no need to sell 8000- count bags of tempura shrimp, but they sell those at Costco, so who knows. One day you might go into Costco and find on display a handy three-pack of pimp sticks in day-glo colors. That would be cool. In case you missed the memo, and I did, Costco is the place to be if you are a soccer parent with horribly behaved children. And I guess the new thing amongst soccer parents who can't control their kids and who also hang out at the Costco on a Sunday afternoon is to bring Grandma and Grandpa along for the ride too. Because really, there aren't enough people at Costco. We need more people. It's like these soccer families feel a need to compete not only with the other soccer families and their huge SUV's and their 45 children and their 50 liter containers of Goldfish crackers, but they also need to compete with Costco itself in all it's bulky glory. The soccer parents have decided to step it up and are now bringing their entire extended families to Costco. People - bulk shopping doesn't mean you need to bring a bulk entourage. Leave Old Aunt Harriet and MeeMaw Betty at the home. There isn't room in Costco for the weak and the infirm. If they can't push a cart and contribute, they're taking up too much space. This is serious business. There's no crying in bulk shopping. As soon as I walked into Costco, I knew I was going to regret it. Too many people. Too many carts. Too many women in shower caps and latex gloves trying to give me samples of food I can't eat. Too much. I was on a mission to get some bulk alcohol. I wanted to get in and get out, just like that quickie I had that one time with that dumb football player - the one I wanted to be over as fast as possible so I wouldn't have to hear him speak. Alas, it was not to be. Picture this, please: Me. An old grandma. A tiny aisle. Tons of carts. A stand-off. On my mission to find the alcohol section while simultaneously mowing down as many whiny children as I could, I got sidetracked by samples. That's how they get you to buy fifty pounds of teriyaki chicken wings, you know. They bank on the fact that you will be starving and bitter while you're shopping and that a tiny taste of their teriyaki wings will soothe your savage beast. Tommy want wingee! Once you taste them you think, "Fifty pounds of teriyaki wings isn't that much. If I eat wings at every meal for the next three years, I could totally eat all these wings and make my investment worth it." [Side note: I'm thinking of inventing a special shopping cart for single people. It's going to have a huge grill fitted with a massive metal bar that will be able to take out little kids who are throwing fits in aisles because their parents won't buy them crap My cart will be able to smash these horrid children without the shopper ever feeling a thing. At the end of the shopping experience, the shopper simply returns the cart to the front of the store, where the parents of unruly brats can try to scrape their children off the cart grill. �] I passed on the nasty bacon bits samples and the tuna and weird cracker samples, and then I saw them: the tempura shrimp samples. [cue heavenly music] Oh how they called to me. They wanted me to eat them. I did not care. I was going to get me a skewer of tempura shrimp if I had to take out every MeeMaw Betty in the joint. The problem was that there was a limited supply of shrimp left. Like only two. And I was still a good distance away from my target. It was essential to my rapidly fading sanity that I claim one of the last remaining shrimp, because if I didn't, I would be forced to become one of those sad people that keeps circling the sample table, pretending to look at the tiny frozen quiches until the next batch of tempura shrimp is ready. I didn't want to be that person. I was almost there, so close that I could taste the tempura grease in the air, when I turned down the wrong aisle in a bid to get there faster. That's when I met her - MeeMaw Betty and her saggy pantyhose of delay. MeeMaw Betty had no intention of moving herself OR her saggy knee-high pantyhose out of the way. She didn't have a cart, so it's not like it would have been difficult for her to simply back out of the way so I could get by and get to my blessed tempura shrimp. But she wasn't going anywhere. I pushed my cart right up to her wrinkled visage and she simply flat-out ignored me. It seemed that her powers to ignore had been finely honed over her 80 year life span, because I was shooting rays of old woman death at her with my eyes and clearing my throat and revving my cart menacingly at her, and she never even cringed. She just yelled at her husband who was boxing me in from behind with his cart. "You need to go get me three box of Cheerio. THREE BOX OF CHEERIO," she screamed at her husband. "WHAT?" her husband yelled back. "THREE BOX. THREE BOX. THREE BOX OF CHEERIO!" Grandpa Hank jammed his cart into my ankles so he could get closer to his wife. "WHAT?" I flipped around and shouted, "THREE BOX OF CHEERIO!!!!!!!" "Ah. What kind of Cheerio?" he queried. Oh bloody hell. "WHAT?" shouted Betty. "WHAT KIND OF CHEERIO????? Look, ma'am, if you moved so I could get past you, you two could carry on this conversation in a range that might be picked up by your respective hearing aids. So how about you back up so I can get by?" I asked, trying desperately not to pull her knee-high pantyhose up over her head. She just ignored me and continued to yell at her husband, "HONEY NUT. THREE BOX HONEY NUT." And as she did that, the last tempura shrimp, MY tempura shrimp, was scooped up by a soccer mom for her horrid son, who took one bite and said, "This is gross," and tossed it into the trash. If Costco had sold pimp sticks, that never would have happened. MeeMaw would have been on the ground nursing her broken kneecaps and HorridSoccerSon would be trying to remove a pimp stick from his ass. Disclaimer: Tempura shrimp (much like my breasts) may not be drawn to scale.
BVoZ View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote BVoZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2010 at 10:52am
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/spo/1923499359.html
brand new charlie for $250
Local
Local

Quote broke_folk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2010 at 7:03am
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/spo/1923530001.html

$750 FOR A BURTON BLUNT??? seriously?
Peekaboo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Peekaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2010 at 7:10am
Any of you guys starting to think craigslist deal are not as good as they used to be? You figure more people using it, you will see some lower prices. Ebay used to be cheap, but now everything is so expensive there.
grantmm View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote grantmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2010 at 9:16am
New 2011 YES 157 looking to trade for a 162 yes.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=12213958&cat=193&lpid=&search=

I offered my 160, but he wanted larger.
RideTimeless View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2010 at 9:26am
Originally posted by BVoZ

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/spo/1923499359.html
brand new charlie for $250

Here's 2 more nice boards in Woodland Hills Nitro Gullwing for $250 and Nitro Rook $275.  I would take the Gullwing
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/spo/1920561736.html
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/spo/1920529207.html

Did you google it?
grantmm View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote grantmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2010 at 9:37am
2009 Red Union Force L/XL $75 OBO
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=12195604&cat=193&lpid=5&search=
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2010 at 10:22am
If the size fits:

2010 Never Summer SL-R 158 Snowboard - $250 (Irvine)

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/1929499307.html
Did you google it?
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2010 at 4:49am
Does anyone know the year of this Burton Blunt?  All I have is this lousy photo posted in a craigslist ad:

sheeshgosh View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sheeshgosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2010 at 6:31am
i think that might be an 08 or 09 blunt
I'm in need of bindings for my 5 boards..
BunnySloper View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Love my new Bern helmet!

Quote BunnySloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2010 at 6:40am
Originally posted by ctoma

Does anyone know the year of this Burton Blunt?  All I have is this lousy photo posted in a craigslist ad:

It's an 07/08 Blunt. I have the same board in 155.
In Pacific NW for part of the 2012/2013 Season.
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2010 at 8:27am
Thanks Bunny and sheesh.  

07/08, so it's traditional camber, correct?  Correct me if I'm wrong but the Blunt went V-Rocker in 2010, right?

What do you think an un-used 07/08 Blunt is worth?
Alkasquawlik View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2010 at 8:46am

Thanks Bunny and sheesh.  

07/08, so it's traditional camber, correct?  Correct me if I'm wrong but the Blunt went V-Rocker in 2010, right?

traditional camber.

$100 tops.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Love my new Bern helmet!

Quote BunnySloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2010 at 8:57am

Thanks Bunny and sheesh.  

Correct, the board is a traditional camber directional twin. The board is overall good for the price but is specifically a freestyle board. It is significantly slower than my Nitro Team and I can feel a lot more chatter at high-speed, so I would imagine that it won't that great in Powder. But for the price I paid, it's not a bad deal. I only ride this board ocassionally now and only after I rode my Nitro Team did I understand what "forgiving flex" really mean. If you are starting out and intend to ride park, this is a good board for it.

Honestly, don't pay anything more than a $100. I believe my gf paid only $100 when she bought me my board from Sport Chalet back in November of 2008.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2010 at 8:57am
^^^Agreed, and that price is fair.  At least 50% off, but given it's an older model, closer to 25% of the msrp.  If you really really wanted it, not more than $130.
Did you google it?
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2010 at 9:26am
Thanks.  I'm trying to convince another friend to buy some equipment instead of riding rentals next season.  Just like my nephew (who bought the 2009 Option Motive board in the Ask Riders forum a month or two ago) he has a small budget.

Seller was asking $150 but after a couple of e-mails he said he would take $120.  My friend is undecided.  Seller also said he won these in a cornhole tourney... you would think the tournament would give up-to-date equipment as prizes, eh?
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Love my new Bern helmet!

Quote BunnySloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2010 at 9:51am
$120 is really not a bad price. Of course, it's not a steal but it's still a very decent price. Given that it's a brand new board, it's still around $200 online.
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2010 at 9:56am
Originally posted by BunnySloper

$120 is really not a bad price. Of course, it's not a steal but it's still a very decent price. Given that it's a brand new board, it's still around $200 online.

It's still a three year old board, regardless if it's been used or not.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Love my new Bern helmet!

Quote BunnySloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2010 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik

That's why it's $120 and not more. LOL
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2010 at 10:13am

That's why it's $120 and not more. LOL

My statement saying $120 is too much.
I wouldn't pay more than $100 for that board, and that's pushing it. What's the MSRP on that thing, like $330?
ctoma View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote ctoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2010 at 10:14am
For a guy who's tight with his money and is planning on riding rentals I figure he's better off buying older not-used equipment than renting.  Paying for a rental 4-5 times will pay for this board.  And the local places (SE Michigan) have crap for rentals.  I guess the bottom line is how many times does he plan on going?  I'm going to push him to join me every time I go...
Ginger View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2010 at 1:58pm
Im trying to sell my blunt 08-09 for like 125. :). And i agree that it reaaaaly helps you progress. I went from noob to intermediate on that. now im on a hero and it helps to have some park xp with a park board.
Aoiree View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Aoiree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2010 at 9:31pm
http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/spo/1933034319.html

Looks like a great deal possibly.
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Quote AyChan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2010 at 9:33pm
i got a roxy classic punk for 125 bucks great deal considering the person i bought it from never used the board
Local
Local

Quote Alkasquawlik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2010 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Peekaboo

Any of you guys starting to think craigslist deal are not as good as they used to be? You figure more people using it, you will see some lower prices. Ebay used to be cheap, but now everything is so expensive there.

No, you just don't know what you're looking for, or don't know how to haggle.

I got 2 slightly used 2010 Capita boards and a pair of 2009 Flux bindings for $200 total.

There are deals to be had, you just gotta know what to look for, and look all the time.
Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 2:24am

There are deals to be had, you just gotta know what to look for, and look all the time.

This is the truth.  I'm addicted to deals.  If you put in some time to searching for them you'll stumble onto something crazy.
http://thench.com/garage/
bordmoar View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
capita

Quote bordmoar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 10:16pm
Some one in denver pick this up! and ship it to me :) sick ass deal in my opinion

Capita UltraFear 151 + Union force sl bindings

http://denver.craigslist.org/spo/1935530954.html
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2010 at 10:28pm
I have found nothing but overpriced crap on CL so far except for a lib tech for 100 bucks.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
BVoZ View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote BVoZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2010 at 3:38pm
Airblaster ProAm Goggles-Johnny Miller. NWT - $50 (Boulder, CO)

http://boulder.craigslist.org/spo/1931937106.html
bordmoar View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
capita

Quote bordmoar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2010 at 6:27pm

That Horrorscope has been on Craigslist for forever. I offered him $100 like 2 months ago and he never bit.

the guy just lowered the price to $100.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/spo/1936840118.html
IrishRugby04 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote IrishRugby04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2010 at 6:50pm
This is my favorite worst deal on craigslist. This guy has been trying to sell this P.O.S. since last winter and thinks that this old crappy board is worth waaaaay more than it is. I'm tempted to e-mail the guy and tell him to give it up. Have a laugh:

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/spo/1931357275.html
keyit View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote keyit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2010 at 8:46pm
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/spo/1934137768.html

Palmer Snowboard Burton Bindings - $100
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2010 at 7:03am
This is a joke!  I love it when people put up promo boards and call it a limited edition and charge an arm and leg.

Limited Edition K2 Captain Morgan Snowboard - $600 (Escondido)

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/spo/1937174459.html

There's been a lot of crap being put lately...nothing that's a really great deal.

Did you google it?
yuhui View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote yuhui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2010 at 12:06pm
a craigslist post that already made its way to sierraLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 2:23pm
This is a rockin good deal for a female...very nice setup

Burton Feelgood & Bindings never been used - $300 (Roseville)

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/spo/1943086644.html

Did you google it?
Local
Local

Quote broke_folk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 2:31pm
Ride-
I've beein lookin @ that deal for my wife and it was priced as high as $380 when it was first listed. Gonna talk to the wife if she wants a new set-up. Thanks for posting.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by broke_folk

Ride-
I've beein lookin @ that deal for my wife and it was priced as high as $380 when it was first listed. Gonna talk to the wife if she wants a new set-up. Thanks for posting.

I hope nobody snakes it...it reminds me of Mike selling his Custom V-Rocker with Triads for the same price.  That was easily a $400 setup.
Did you google it?
bordmoar View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
capita

Quote bordmoar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 8:07pm
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/1939635141.html
Ginger View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 8:11pm
dvdngu View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote dvdngu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 8:20pm
Aoiree View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Aoiree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by dvdngu

GREAT DEALhttp://orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/1943413813.html

Someone buy that for me and ship it. I just found some wall-art.
starang View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote starang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2010 at 8:54am

Great deal for anyone in the LA area 

Capita Horrorscope 152 Snowboard - $100

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/spo/1936840118.html
BVoZ View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote BVoZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2010 at 10:58am
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/spo/1948945311.html
Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2010 at 1:56pm
Somebody check this out and tell me what you think.  I read up on them, at least what they had to offer on their site, and it sounds pretty rad.  Seems like they had a sweet idea that didn't really take off and now are selling everything off.  Wouldn't be a bad deal if the thing's are really cool.  Might check into it since they're local to me, I think.

http://thench.com/garage/
ma3lstrom13 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ma3lstrom13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2010 at 2:08pm
^thats not the same as mountain boarding is it? Looks like its for grassy hills. Anyone every try mountain boarding?
DCC View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
East Coast Rider

Online Status: Online
  Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2010 at 7:07pm
they had those in a disney channel movie, johnny tsunami 2, or something pretty similar to it
eriklim View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
take on the ice

Quote eriklim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2010 at 7:27pm
Is it me, or do people more likely to scam in person than on online?
Aoiree View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Aoiree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2010 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by eriklim

Is it me, or do people more likely to scam in person than on online?

prob you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>