Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  12>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
return2heaven View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote return2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mayweather vs Pacquiao
    Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 12:32pm
so negotiations have been ongoing and now pacquiaos camp is giving mayweather until midnight tonite to agree to a fight or they're moving on...

the ball is in floyd's court so to speak. does anyone think this fight is gonna happen or what?

cheemaster View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote cheemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 12:38pm
it better happen. This fight would have so much publicity surrounding it.
RideTimeless View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 12:44pm
It already has...if I remember, this was supposed to happen a lot earlier, but I think somebody or some group wanted more money or whatever.  Anyways, I think it's going to happen.  It will be a great fight none the less.
Did you google it?
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 12:54pm
They tried to make it happen.  I can't believe it fell apart then.  I and certainly hope it comes together now or later.  There is just too much money and hype to miss this opportunity.  And it better be in Vegas.  I just hope both parties will get clean and not put it off any longer.
JustinJV View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote JustinJV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 12:56pm
Pacquiao FTW
broys View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote broys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 12:57pm
The fight needs to happen for boxing's sake. The publicity alone would give boxing some much needed hype, since MMA has been taking over for a while now.
fernace36 View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.
I am the Fernace

Quote fernace36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 12:57pm
iT WILL NOT HAPPEN BECAUSE MAYWEATHER WILL GET HIS ASS HANDED TO HIM.
jayeasy619 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote jayeasy619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 1:01pm
mayweather will get worked
Shadowrak View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Shadowrak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 1:02pm
The reason the fight did not happen last time and will not happen is because pacman wants to test maywheathers blood immediately before the fight, but may weather refuses. He will allow it after but not before because he feels it will make him weaker.
Rossignol Scope
Burton C60
Burton SL9
KellyBoy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote KellyBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 1:26pm
I like Pacman but I think Mayweather is a smarter Boxer. Hopefully this fight happens.
Epicentre View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Epicentre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 1:37pm
Everytime this talk has come up I have got so stoked, but Mayweather has found some way to get his ass out of it.  Bringing up stupid drug testing standards and whatnot.  The first time was understandable, but I remember the second time it came about it was a ridiculous standard.  I wouldn't be surprised to see if Mayweather finds another way out.
mog186 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote mog186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 1:40pm
any new rumors about this possible epic fight?
kingman756 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote kingman756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 3:08pm
im feelin Pacquiao in this fight even the mayweather is the man
BudAshes View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BudAshes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 3:24pm
I might actually want to see this.  It seems like there are no good fights left in boxing.
Stryker View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Stryker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 3:24pm
pacman is the man
azn_dan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Me and the wifey at stowe

Quote azn_dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 3:27pm
man who doesn't want to see this super fight? People just want to see who is better, i would have my money on pacman. Mayweather, no doubt is good but i believe he is more of a fighter who cares about his record and will dodge the fights until and if pacman gets washed up and then fight him then.

I would be surprised to see this happen.

'10 Forces - '10 TRS - '10 Rulers '09 Blunt - '09 Freestyles - '09 Motos
myke View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote myke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Shadowrak

The reason the fight did not happen last time and will not happen is because pacman wants to test maywheathers blood immediately before the fight, but may weather refuses. He will allow it after but not before because he feels it will make him weaker.

Wrong - it was the other way around.

Mayweather wanted to have a random blood test anytime in the weeks/months leading up to the fight - Pac refused because he claimed he didn't like having his blood drawn. Mayweather was basically pushing for Olympic style drug testing, instead of NV's drug testing - which is only random urine samples up to a point, and after the fight.

According to Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer, who is negotiating the deal with Top Rank president Todd duBoef, Pacquiao refuses to have his blood drawn within 30 days of the bout based on his superstition of testing so close to a fight.

"Todd told me that Pacquiao has difficulty with taking blood and doesn't want to do it so close to the fight," Schaefer said. "He, Pacquiao, would only agree to have blood drawn before the kick-off press conference and after the fight."

The 30 days leading up to the fight are the most important. If you're taking testosterone or even some steroids and whatnot - you don't take them immediately before the fight - you take them in the weeks leading up to the fight. By the time the day actually comes around - you're not going to have anything in your system to test, but that doesn't mean you didn't cheat to get there. There's so many things somebody could take to give them an edge leading up to an event like this. I think it says a lot that Pac won't agree to testing...

I'm here for the gangbang....
myke View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote myke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Epicentre

Everytime this talk has come up I have got so stoked, but Mayweather has found some way to get his ass out of it.  Bringing up stupid drug testing standards and whatnot.  The first time was understandable, but I remember the second time it came about it was a ridiculous standard.  I wouldn't be surprised to see if Mayweather finds another way out.

He wanted the olympic standards. NV's standards couldn't stop a high schooler from cheating. 

I personally find it hard to believe Mayweather was the one who wanted to back down - he agreed to a freakin $10million per pound penalty straight to Pac for coming in over weight. He agreed to every single thing they threw at him - but he wanted Olympic style drug testing - and Pac backed down. Yet somehow it's Mayweather trying to sandbag the fight? I mean, really? Would you get in the ring with somebody who refused to take part in meaningful drug testing? 
I'm here for the gangbang....
iwantsomekoolaid View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote iwantsomekoolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 4:09pm
its not going to happen mayweather is just too female genitals but it might happen sometime next year.
Snakebite2 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Snakebite2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 4:32pm
I think they both know how big it would be for boxing, but PacMan's too into his politics and Mayweather's too afraid of losing. I'd be surprised if it happens, but I'm a huge MMA fan and this fight would actually make me interested in boxing. At least for one bout.
Flpstyl View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Flpstyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 9:10pm
as much as I would want this to happen, it probably won't.  I doubt both sides will ever come to an agreement....unless its to agree to disagree
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2010 at 10:14pm
who cares about boxing anymore?  mma is crushing it.

once this fight is over, there is nothing else to watch in boxing.  it's sad.
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
hisnameisdre View Drop Down
Local
Local
Magic Bullet

Quote hisnameisdre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2010 at 2:41am
I think there was some 3am EST deadline that just passed over night for both of them to agree to terms...and it passed.  The fight could still happen, but it isn't looking good now.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote return2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2010 at 7:42am
the fight isn't gonna happen, at least not this year. Pac's camp is looking to start negotiations with either Margarito or Cotto. damn you Floyd!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5388241

solocreep View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote solocreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2010 at 7:48am
I've lost hope that the fight will happen. I dont trust whatever both sides have to say. Hoping for Pacquiao/Cotto so Pacquiao can go for a title in his 8th weight class and no doubt boxing's best pound 4 pound king.
is it just me? or is common sense not that common.
giftedhands View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2010 at 8:17am
let me get this straight. Team Pac is demanding to have this fight in November, when everybody knows that Floyds uncle Roger, who is also Floyds trainer, begins trial in August? who does manny think hes fooling with this stunt? Why not just wait till next year and get the fight on? Or go fight the guy you already beat lol..lets see if Manny allows Cotto to actually weigh in as a full welterweight this time. 
bugsbunnymydad View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Quote bugsbunnymydad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2010 at 8:32am
Originally posted by giftedhands

let me get this straight. Team Pac is demanding to have this fight in November, when everybody knows that Floyds uncle Roger, who is also Floyds trainer, begins trial in August? who does manny think hes fooling with this stunt? Why not just wait till next year and get the fight on? Or go fight the guy you already beat lol..lets see if Manny allows Cotto to actually weigh in as a full welterweight this time. 

He's not really demanding it be in November. That's just when he is going to fight next... whether it be floyd or not. You can't expect Manny to not fight for a year just to wait for Floyd. You realize he makes millions in a fight right? A fighter only has so many prime years where he can make his money, he can't go wasting them. Manny is gonna fight in Nov no matter what, and then he'll have another fight next year.

Arum released a statement today...he said he respects Floyd if he doesn't want to fight Manny in November due to the trial. He compared it to Manny not being in gameshape if his coach Freddie Roach wasn't with him. Said next year is fine too. That the Mayweather/Pac match is the one he really wants but Manny needs a fight this year and he's gonna make one happen.

Yes, it does suck that manny might be fighting cotto again. Then again, it's not really his fault the only compelling matchup for him is with Floyd and that can't happen this year. Both potential non-Floyd matchups for Manny look a little weak right now. But you can bet they are gonna sell the "Title in 8th weight class" angle hard. The fight is gonna sell PPV's guaranteed and it'll make Manny&co millions... but it won't be anywhere near the Mayweather/Pacman PPV $$$.
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2010 at 11:43am
I think the fight will happen, but not for another year. Mayweather loves being undefeated, but eventually the money will be too much and he will take it.
KellyBoy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote KellyBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2010 at 11:58am
Originally posted by HAVEN2135

I think the fight will happen, but not for another year. Mayweather loves being undefeated, but eventually the money will be too much and he will take it.
I agree, if the money looks good, Floyd will do it. Thats all he cares about.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2010 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Snakebite2

I think they both know how big it would be for boxing, but PacMan's too into his politics and Mayweather's too afraid of losing. I'd be surprised if it happens, but I'm a huge MMA fan and this fight would actually make me interested in boxing. At least for one bout.

I don't think PacMan is afraid of losing because he doesn't have a perfect record like Mayweather and accepts any fight.  Mayweather is a strategist and will only accept fights that he knows he can win.  Mayweather's camp is doing everything they can to prevent the fight from happening which includes requiring PacMan to undergo blooding testing right before the fight to maybe weaken him and putting off the fight so others will wear PacMan down more with age as well and then finally going in for the kill.  Also, I think most people forgot that PacMan is horribly afraid of needles, which is a normal phobia.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
esy.iam View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote esy.iam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2010 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Originally posted by Snakebite2

I don't think PacMan is afraid of losing because he doesn't have a perfect record like Mayweather and accepts any fight.  Mayweather is a strategist and will only accept fights that he knows he can win.  Mayweather's camp is doing everything they can to prevent the fight from happening which includes requiring PacMan to undergo blooding testing right before the fight to maybe weaken him and putting off the fight so others will wear PacMan down more with age as well and then finally going in for the kill.  Also, I think most people forgot that PacMan is horribly afraid of needles, which is a normal phobia.

this is just simple BS and horrible assumptions.
peace.
rook View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/17/2010 at 5:47pm
They are both pussies........ and afraid of each other.  Every-time this gets close to happening someone (either Manny or Floyd) has an issue with some part of the deal and says no.  Proves the point that no-one in boxing cares about the fans, (Ego, then Money, then Fans). 
started by flossers making floss for flossers
LeerroooyJenkins View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote LeerroooyJenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2010 at 8:48am
Now that it is passed, it is obvious that there was no way that Mayweather would respond to this deadline, since it wasn't a deadline, it was Manny's deadline, and his ego is too big to do that even if we wanted the fight to happen.

Hopefully Pacquiao will make another fight to hold him over and the Mayweather fight will be the next one after that.  It is still the fight that needs to happen, so it will.

...right?
chunpunzee View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote chunpunzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2010 at 10:29am
This fight won't happen. Mayweather wants no part of Pacman and his ego is too interested in protecting his legacy in the sport. 

Mayweather is good, but he's acting like a pussy.
JeffSoSavvy View Drop Down
Love to Hate, and Hate to Love

Quote JeffSoSavvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2010 at 10:51am
all this posturing by both camps is making me uninterested even if the fight was ever to happen. At this point I want them both in the ring and it to explode taking both of them out
surgyon View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote surgyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2010 at 10:53am
boxing is dead. haven't been interested in a fight of any kind since the early 90's
JandJBlks2k View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote JandJBlks2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2010 at 10:57am
Mayweather's running out of excuses to use!! Pac-Man already agreed to do the blood/urine test hours prior the fight...and! agreed to split the money 50-50!! He just wants to punch Mayweather's mouth to shut it up!!! Now, Mayweather just wants to spend time with his family..smh..he's scared!!! although I'd truly want to see this Megafight!! Pacman's obviously the draw now..he's bigger than the actual sport itself!! and I'm tired of them beating up others rather than facing one another..I'm not trying to discredit Mayweather..he's a very VERYYY good boxer..He wouldn't have a perfect record if he boxes scrubs...so as manny, that's why this fight is almost MANDATORY to happen! why can't congress/senate pass a law mandating theses two men to fight!! YES!!!
Instructor
Instructor

Quote return2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2010 at 11:01am
Originally posted by surgyon

boxing is dead. haven't been interested in a fight of any kind since the early 90's

sad to say, but i totally agree. when 50 million dollars isn't enough to get you in the ring when you're a prize fighter, whats the point?
Local
Local
Magic Bullet

Quote hisnameisdre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2010 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by JeffSoSavvy

all this posturing by both camps is making me uninterested even if the fight was ever to happen. At this point I want them both in the ring and it to explode taking both of them out

I agree, at one point I was really psyched for this fight to happen.  It seems whenever talks start to come up about this fight, I'm less and less interested every time.

I am looking forward to the Adamek fight on august 21st though.  Whenever he fights, the crowd always gets so into it.
Muse25 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Muse25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2010 at 7:34pm
For someone to call himself "Money" Mayweather, and giving up on 50mil? It's better he doesn't fight, it will hurt his legacy in the long run because PacMan will rock him. I guess no amount of money is worth getting your a$$ handed to you while millions watched.
KellyBoy View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote KellyBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2010 at 7:47pm
Pacman is in his prime. He will go all out on Mayweather and Mayweather knows it. When Mosley shook Mayweather in round two. Imagine if it was Pacman, dude will not stop hitting. Gameover!
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2010 at 8:08pm
its always easy to spot the people who havent watched more than 5 boxing matches. Most of them are in this thread. 
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Snakebite2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2010 at 8:32pm
So what's the verdict giftedhands? They fighting or no?
Expert Members
Expert Members
Steamboat Powdah!

Quote giftedhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2010 at 8:56pm
im sure they'll fight next year, far too much potential money involved for them not to. at this point, im sick of hearing about it and only want to hear when the deals get signed. I understand that manny wants to fight in november, but expecting floyd to fight in november without his trainer is just stupid. Trying to spin it as if this was some master plan of floyds to avoid a fight with manny is just as dumb. 

the real question i have, is why is manny going after cotto (again),  or margarito? That's a loaded fight either way it goes. Pac already beat cotto, in a one sided fight that doesnt deserve a rematch. And anybody that watches boxing knows margarito is just a wild swinger with absolutely no defense, who's already been caught with loaded gloves. hes not even a top ten welterweight. why isnt manny taking on paul williams? or calling out andre berto? fighting cotto again, for what? Team Pac ducked Mosley, they're gonna duck Berto, and stick to the fights they know they can absolutely win. This will be a sparring session for manny, where he collects his check and goes home. More power to him, but lets not act like Manny is seriously out looking to fight the best fighters. 
working View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote working Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2010 at 9:37pm
i hoped on there thinking that there was news on a fight. should have know better to have used sierra as my sports news source. 
Local
Local
Magic Bullet

Quote hisnameisdre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2010 at 2:48am

its always easy to spot the people who havent watched more than 5 boxing matches. Most of them are in this thread. 

I agree, but whats wrong with that, especially with boxing.  There's a notable boxing match once every 5 years (sarcasm), so it's not easy for people to get into it.  I probably watch more than most, but I still don't get fully into it.  Its kinda like soccer, I love the World Cup and really enjoy soccer....but never get fully into it because in America it's just not covered.
elim View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote elim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2010 at 2:53am
this match will be EPIC !

if there was a record for how much money a match generates, i think this will top it easily !!
sgreen View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote sgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2010 at 8:47pm

...More power to him, but lets not act like Manny is seriously out looking to fight the best fighters. 

Pacquiao's not looking to clean out the welterweight division, but other than a couple of exceptions, he's pretty much taken on top-notch fighters (from 122 lbs. on up) over the last 7 years. Look at who he's taken on. There's a few in-their-prime HOFers in there.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Snakebite2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2010 at 8:53pm
He could clean out the division if he wanted. The strange things it that there are still plenty of undefeated fighters in the division. Just none of them are ready. That's one of the main things that others me about boxing I guess. Make these kids fight somebody already.
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Quote AyChan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2010 at 8:58pm
pacqauio is pretty fast, dunno much about the other dude...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>