Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <12345 20>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Online Status: Offline
  Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official Golf Thread
    Posted: Jul/31/2010 at 3:14am
Yeah I got some coupons for Virginia Oaks.. so thats why I go there..

My home grounds used to be PBDye, Little Bennet, Worthington Manor, Blue Mash and North-something(forgot the name)
Grinch View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Grinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2010 at 4:02am
Golf courses are horrible where I live. And just recently I got my own set of custom made clubs.
Coelispex View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Lil Grom

Quote Coelispex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2010 at 8:34pm
Just played 2 courses on vacation in santa cruz. seascape in aptos shot an 86 the greens were crap tons of sand on them and the course is designed for old people that hit 220 yard drives. delaveaga in santa cruz shot 76 (par 70) that was with 4 lost balls in the baranka. the course is really tight but the greens were perfect.
Don't get mad at your boss, just get apathetic about work
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2010 at 4:54am
planning on going to Virginia Oaks tomorrow. maybe 1757
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2010 at 3:08am
found a day of no classes to go play a round of 18...if the weather holds up this could be an amazing day...hoping to shoot a 100, we'll see.. 
dr011200 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote dr011200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2010 at 3:10am
whats a good course in vegas that i can go while on vacation thats cheap but not crappy
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2010 at 6:21am
I didnt know that any courses in Vegas were cheap.. lol grass in desert != cheap
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2010 at 9:21am
haha yea most places that ive heard in vegas are $200-500...you better be prepared to throw some big loads of cash out if you are plan on playing there
sopel10 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote sopel10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2010 at 12:48pm
anybody has any good learning aid that would help with arms turning over?  i'm starting to lose hope sometimes
rzero View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote rzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2010 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by sopel10

anybody has any good learning aid that would help with arms turning over?  i'm starting to lose hope sometimes

Be me.

djinhwan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote djinhwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2010 at 4:17pm
nice ass
my mom says im hardcore
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2010 at 8:41am
finally got my clubs back..
now i have my
Mizuno MP-23s
Scotty Cameron putter
Cleveland driver
taylormade wood
vokey wedge

I can now ditch my old old adam soft clubs and titleist crappy wedges
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2010 at 8:48am
going golfing today in PERFECT conditions. grass is still damp from the rain last night and its sunny and 65 out. so the airs gonna be warm and help my drives stay consistent and the turf is gonna be damp for good iron divots. stoked for today. greens will be nice and soft too for the lawn darts lob wedge shots.
Camber Is The New Rocker.
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 12:03pm
figured its time to bring this thread back since the weather is getting nice and sadly snowboarding season is on the back burner until next winter...not to mention the masters just ended and got my mind on golf again

going to play on a sh!tty course (but really cheap 18 holes) tomorrow for my first game of the season, despite not having hit a ball since fall i figured it is a good way to start the season
McNack View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote McNack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 12:20pm
Great timing. I just got out last night for my first round at the crummy par 3. Beautiful 13 C with no wind and plenty of sun. VERY rusty but actually surprised myself with how well I did being the first round out.

Forgot how much I liked the golf...got one more weekend on the slopes two. Don't know if I've ever shredded and swung in the same week!
Word bird.
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 12:35pm
Definitely good timing.  Had monday practice round tix to the Masters (first time to augusta national, that place is RIDICULOUS), and played a couple excellent courses in the Charleston area the weekend prior (wild dunes and charleston national).  Got back in time to watch the real competition in HD and hike for some awesome turns in the Mt. Rose backcountry this weekend -- I love springtime!

-b 

P.S.  Got new Taylormade "player improvement clubs" (r7's) from Costco a few weeks ago and they seemed easier to hit on vacation, hope to be playing more than usual this summer. 
get bent
krisshono View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote krisshono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 1:19pm
played my first round of the year on monday. played pretty well for the first time out
imnotacartoon View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote imnotacartoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 1:23pm
I'm off to play a 36hole open comp in Canberra this weekend with a few mates, I'm not hitting the ball very well at the moment so doubt I'll do any good. One of my mates is playing really well so I'd be surprised if he doesn't take out the A Grade scratch.
2010 Sierra Crew 160w
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 2:21pm
ya, definitely time to get the clubs out again. once the masters is played it's time down here in in California to put away the snowboard stuff and start playin' golf.
irish-boarder View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote irish-boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 2:44pm
YES..Finally i found a golf thread! i love golf..dare i say it as much as snowboarding! i'm going to pirtugal golfing for my dad's 50th birthday.
poor McIlroy, bet he thought things couldn't get any wore and the airline goes and loses his clubs on the way to malaysia.
The 'GINGERS HAVE SOULS' kid is crazy..
| | | bryman | | | View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
panic lounge

Quote | | | bryman | | | Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 3:02pm
^^^  I didn't know they lost McIlroy's clubs, that is icing on the cake for the poor kid.  Sunday afternoon was great television for sure, got home from the mountain just as the last group made the turn

-b
get bent
Commissar View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Commissar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 3:06pm
I am still using my Dicks sporting goods clubs that I got in '97. Need to get some new clubs sometime soon. My slice is horrible, maybe a good set of clubs could help out a little bit.
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 6:12pm
I'm still rocking my Callaway Big Bertha Irons from 1996 and my Steelhead 3 Woods from the same time frame.
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
ma3lstrom13 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote ma3lstrom13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 6:15pm
I remember taking lessons as a kid. Never got to the point where they explain why you need a driver and the different number woods. Haven't played in years should go to the range sometime.
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2011 at 10:49pm
First round out i shot a 68...2nd round 86...somethings not right here.  oh well, a long season ahead of me and now i gotta get in golf shape.  time for tournament golf
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2011 at 4:25am
dang.. I wish I could shot under 90... fudge, I haven't hit under 100 in a long time...
I finally went out and hit for a few holes... uhg.. rusty rusty bad bad..
azngolfur View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote azngolfur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2011 at 8:04am
Tiger's round sunday was the lowest final round he's ever shot in the masters... is this the return of Tiger? Is he back in form?
Evilives View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Nuclear

Quote Evilives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2011 at 8:42am

Would you go for a ball here?
"Don't think, just do."
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2011 at 9:23am
just got back from one of the most beautiful days of golf...perfect weather, not to hot or cold, no wind and just bright sun all around...just wish my game was a little better hahah, but i cant complain.  I hit exactly where i finished off last season and was much more consistent so im excited to keep playing the rest of spring/summer/fall
HAVEN2135 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote HAVEN2135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2011 at 4:55pm
I saw this and that is awesome, it doesn't matter how cheap you are, people are not going in there.
BoxStomper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote BoxStomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2011 at 5:31pm
just got results from my high school golf tryouts, i made JV, which is good considering i havent played serious golf ever, Im starting to now, and im pretty good. i was on a bogey average all round, so a 90 ish. from behind the black tees.
Shaz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2011 at 4:32am
I'm going to play golf at The Sands in Torquay this weekend. it's a course with way too much sand and usually very windy.
djinhwan View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote djinhwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2011 at 5:05am
my slice is so bad, i can turn 45 degrees on my tee shot and get it on fairway
my mom says im hardcore
wechter View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote wechter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2011 at 6:30am
Worked on my slice all last summer.  Bought a new driver and changed my swing up.  I was bringing the club across my body and putting some wicked spin on the ball.  Still haven't had the chance to get out this year yet.
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2011 at 9:04am
I was hitting to the left, so I adjusted and aimed to the right.. still hit to the left.. next time adjusted even more to the right...
all three shots went the same direction... lol (although I was happy that they all were straight.. lol)
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 12:16pm
ahhh man weather is soo nice this week but i dont have time to go golfing, i was hoping to go tomorrow but looks like i have a last minute meeting with someone...hopefully it doesnt thunder on thursday so i can get at least 9 holes in, if not....driving range this weekend
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2011 at 12:50pm
Meeting up with a friend Friday morning to hit the links. Weather has been amazing this week. After the crazy winds that we had last week, 40-60 mph, the 5-15 mph winds friday wont be a problem.
Bring it hard or don't bring it at all.
VTBear View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
bear at beaver creek

Quote VTBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2011 at 5:09am
just got a groupon for the DC area for a round at either Virginia Oaks, 1757 or Reston National for $49..

love these groupons..
zabisket View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote zabisket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2011 at 5:20am
Originally posted by VTBear

just got a groupon for the DC area for a round at either Virginia Oaks, 1757 or Reston National for $49..

love these groupons..

haha i was gonna get that exact groupon a couple days ago but then remembered i wont be around the DC area much this summer since i'll be working with VT
getkong View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote getkong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2011 at 11:36am
i haven't played a full round in at least a year, sadly. just too busy with other sports, even though i have a sf golfers card that gets me discounted rates.
timpiper View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote timpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2011 at 1:20pm
what did you guys think of kevin na shooting that 16 on a par 4? espn was relentless in regards to their coverage of that
barnyard View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Banana

Quote barnyard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2011 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Evilives

wtf!?!?!  

No way.
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159 (2007/2008) w/ Burton CO2 bindings (2007/2008) ; Sierra Reverse Crew 162 (2010) w/ Rome 390 Boss bindings (2010/2011)
zagfan5 View Drop Down
Board Member
Board Member
whatever

Quote zagfan5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2011 at 9:54pm
made it out to the par 3 to warm up. played the course twice to make 18 holes. shot 31 first 9, 29 back 9. my short game feels really comfortable already. time to head to the range this week to get the dust off the burner, then off to the 18 holers this weekend. hopin for a nice mellow 80-85 round.
Camber Is The New Rocker.
skyfooze View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote skyfooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2011 at 1:29am
My favorite golfer was always Tiger Woods and then he started to get in trouble and stuff but I still like him and hopefully he can make a comeback sometime soon and start playing like he used to.
Evilives View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
Nuclear

Quote Evilives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2011 at 5:40am
Originally posted by barnyard

Originally posted by Evilives

wtf!?!?!

No way.

Apparently this shark got a new home when the flooding went down and the management has been feeding it since then.

"Don't think, just do."
ty View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Jesus Freak!

Quote ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2011 at 3:27pm
My golf game is like a schizophrenic. One day I play badly. The next time I play really badly.LOL
Bring it hard or don't bring it at all.
Shaz View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2011 at 2:42am
Played 9 holes and I'm getting worse lost 2 balls and shot a 50.
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2011 at 2:58am
Got an invite to play Harbor Town on Monday....the greens should be lightning fast since the PGA is there this weekend.  Two years ago I went out and shot 76 from the tips there the day after the event....I hope I play as well this year.
cantbeyou View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote cantbeyou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2011 at 6:12am
I played 9 last week, and on a par 4, I tee'd off and ripped it right down the fairway. All the guys ahead of me were pretty close to the green, so I wasn't really hitting into them, but just hitting behind them. I got up to where my ball was supposed to be, but it wasn't there. The course was really jammed, so I got to confront them at the next teebox, and asked if they had picked up a titleist with my initials on the fairway of the last hole, and the douches said not one with any initials, then they sped off laughing. Needless to say, I kept hitting into them for the rest of the round (not close to hitting them, but enough to keep them in check). I wasn't too concerned about them taking my ball, but I just really wanted to gauge how my drive was (it bounced right around 290 yards and kept rolling for a good ways)
Commissar View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote Commissar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2011 at 5:18pm
All this stupid rain here has killed any hope for any decent golfing anytime soon.

Where is that golf course with the shark located? Looks like the shark is completely out of place.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>