Japan 2011- info

Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 78910>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Japan 2011- info
    Posted: Feb/19/2011 at 2:00am
So jealous on your super long trip!!!
If only Queensland had snow...
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2011 at 2:25am
hey bugs, just hit ryuoo, one of the BEST on piste runs ive ever done. :) The place is phenomenally good. Believe me when i say this, theres going to be a GUSHING review of this place sometime soon. If youre reading this, can ride a bit of tricky terrain, and are in the general area (nagano) GO THERE NOW. Its honestly one of the best days ive had this season :)
m00m
bugsbunnymydad View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Quote bugsbunnymydad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2011 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by ippollite

hey bugs, just hit ryuoo, one of the BEST on piste runs ive ever done. :) The place is phenomenally good. Believe me when i say this, theres going to be a GUSHING review of this place sometime soon. If youre reading this, can ride a bit of tricky terrain, and are in the general area (nagano) GO THERE NOW. Its honestly one of the best days ive had this season :)

Nice to hear. Was it the long run you have to take the gondola to do again? That is a pretty sweet run... a little too steep and rugged for me haha. But there hadn't been new snow in a long time when I did it so lots of rocks and branches were showing.

Anyway, Ill be hitting shiga kogen next week!
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2011 at 2:19am
damn, im there right now :) Well, not RIGHT right now. The bus from yudanaka is certainly doable i can report. I can also report that you may as well stay away from the yoketayama side. Im sure youll do what i did though and still go just to see. But make sure you time yoru buses right. Sitting about in suzurikawa for 30 minutes waiting for a bus isnt really all that fun. And that was just to get me to the rope way. If i wanted to get to ichinose area it would have been an hour wait. Lucky i just wanted lunch.

If youre pressed for time just chill about yakebi and terakoya. Spent all my afternoon on terakoya riding the olympic course a couple of times (whiteout makes the olympic course very dodgy), and the giant course. Ill post way more of a proper info abou the place later, but heres some fun powder stashes ive found:

1. yakebi: (advanced) under gondola 2 (prince hotel gondola). Aside a few places where youll have to climb, you can ride it pretty much all the way to the bottom. Lots of little powder stashes along the way.
2. Yakebi: (intermediate) next to the olympic course (skiers left) is a roped off area with a nice little powder ride bringing you under gondola 1. When you get under it though it gets pretty tracked and choppy.
3. yakebi: (expert) this ones hard to describe. Theres a green run at the top of the prince gondola, ride that a bit until you get to circle red 8 (itll make sense when you get here). Drop into the trees here and you have a really long ridge line that brings you out at red triangle 3. Dont stray too far down like i did :)
4. terakoya (beginner): This is the best quality powder in the whole area to my mind. Pop off the top lift, head skiers right into the trees and you have perma shaded light fluffy beautiful pow to play with. Its niseko quality and aside a few spots in yoketeyama, theres no better snow in the whole resort.
In fact, terakoya is really a small little pow area. The other sides are slow and sticky, but theres some fun runs around here, so make sure you make the effort to get up there. It also has an outstanding view from the top.
5. Ichinose to tannenomori: (beginner) basically just find a line that cuts through the trees, there you will come out on a nice open line of pow that looks like a lift run, but theres no lift. Then when youre done, start edging under the pair lift on the way to tannenomori.
Tannenomori is also a nice little area. Theres not much here, but its really chilled and groovy. I wouldnt hang about, but its just one of those pleasant places for a cute and peaceful ride.
6. Giant: (beginner): The powder stash happens half way down on skiers left under the lifts. Once you pass the middle get off part of the baby yellow lift (youll see it), head skiers left, duck the rope, and you have a massive pow stash. I spent all afternoon playing on it today and couldnt honestly stop. :) You can also do the run under the lift from the very top (intermediate), but its a bit trickier given that you have a couple of small drops and also have to avoid accidentally ending up on the wrong side of the road. Yes, theres a road.
7. Shibutoge area: (beginner) Lots of little tree runs. Also, from what i could see it was quite beautiful with zao like snow monsters. Alas the whiteout meant i didnt spend as much time here as i would have liked. I could baely see two or three feet in front of my face.
8. Yokote: (intermediate) all the best runs are skier only. But who needs them anyway. Pop out under the middle lift and youll have the only other place where the powder was seriously light and soft (in parts) to glide on it. If youre up for some mischief its definitely a fun (if albeit a little brief) line to play on.

So thats what i discovered in days 1 and 2, ive still 1 more morning, but ill probably just stick to yakebi and see what else is around there. For my money its got the most interesting lines, and if you were really good, theres some serious looking lines coming off the backside of okushigakogen (skier only area as well).

Theres lots of different places as well you can practice your tree riding. The more advances stuff is around yakebi, but up the top of the other two mountains its pretty mellow and fun. Also dont forget the olympic course and a somewhat under appreciated nishidetayama. It has some surprisingly fast lines (once you get past the mogul field).
m00m
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2011 at 3:29am
bollocks me. I arrive a week after a dump, stay ten days, and leave 3 days before the apparently scheduled next one. :/ This after 9 days of a barren furano whilst everywhere else was having record breaking snow :/ Japan, it appears, thinks im its bitch.
m00m
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Quote bugsbunnymydad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2011 at 3:55am
Thanks for the info. I'm probably just going to stick to yakebi for 2 days. Luckily I'll be driving so no buses for me.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2011 at 3:32pm
pm me your address. I kinda bailed on my last day... got up nice and early, cracked open a tin of chuhi and stupidly drank it (its like 8am ffs! but i was thirsty and the pot didnt have hot enough water in it for tea at this lodge), so er yeah, started posting and well, its now 10.34 and i aint going nowhere but back to bed for a few hours :) I have a shiga kogen 3 day pass with 1 day still left on it, so ill mail you it if you like :)
m00m
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Quote bugsbunnymydad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2011 at 5:49pm
Haha, for real? That would be awesome. I'll shoot you a pm later today.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2011 at 4:09pm
hehem, sorry dude,意m亜じぇrk*9
m00m
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2011 at 5:26am
i just got back from japan yesterday.  it was a great trip and the snow, when you get it, is great.  however, compared to the rockies, the mountains are pretty small.  runs were pretty short and most runs were upper intermediate.  There weren't many challenging runs.   I was at Niseko and Myoko.  

ezylee View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ezylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2011 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by mech9t5

i just got back from japan yesterday.  it was a great trip and the snow, when you get it, is great.  however, compared to the rockies, the mountains are pretty small.  runs were pretty short and most runs were upper intermediate.  There weren't many challenging runs.   I was at Niseko and Myoko.  

Yup, same happened to me. I got to Cortina for my first Japan powder experience and the day I had was average as it got all tracked out pretty quickly and because of the closed lifts there wasn't too much to explore. Oh well, the other mountains made up for it... even after the only initial dump of snow I had on the first day, by day 6 we were still able to find some knee deep off piste stuff. Although not as powdery as it could have been.

Anyway, here is a bit of a video I made up of my Japan trip. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9iswvO5A-E
::LOW INTENTIONS::
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2011 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by ezylee

STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 12:14am
sweet...truly sweet.  nice vid koji
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 12:43am
It's not mine, It's ezylee's. I just embedded it for him. 
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 4:13am
Originally posted by ezylee

Yup, same happened to me. I got to Cortina for my first Japan powder experience and the day I had was average as it got all tracked out pretty quickly and because of the closed lifts there wasn't too much to explore. Oh well, the other mountains made up for it... even after the only initial dump of snow I had on the first day, by day 6 we were still able to find some knee deep off piste stuff. Although not as powdery as it could have been.

I had 3 pow days in 6 days at niseko.  The locals said it was a crappy week.  I thought the snow was good.  However, in a couple of those 6 days between dumps the snow got hard and icy as it was unseasonably warm.  Once the snow started again though, it was amazing.   Stuff in Niseko gets tracked out fast though.  they are lucky it snows as much as it does or the place would be crap.

ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2011 at 6:20am
Japan 2011 according to ipps:

Trip 1: hokkaido

1. Niseko: Good fun. Fun is pretty much the operative word here. Lots of light soft fluffy pow to play in, some fun lines to ride, and some fun little kickers to hit. A kind of snow adventure park.
2. Moiwa: Small, intimate, empty, pow with plenty of fresh lines and even the capacity to hook back up with niseko. Also has a line i felt very uncomfortable riding out the skiers right side.
3. Furano: No snow. Fast but ultimately uninteresting. I could have enjoyed it for maybe a couple of days, but 9 days here with no pow put a total downer on my january trip
4. kamui: More hokkaido snow theme park shenanigans. Only not quite as full of bogans and not so tracked out. Fresh lines are ever flowing. Until it gets icy then it blows apparently.

Trip 2: nagano.

5. Myoko akakan: Surprisingly good fun this time. Only one day there, but the trees and lift runs were great fun. Powder was stickier than i remember though and it took a nice dumping throughout the day to bring it back to life.
6. Myoko suginohara: I know i had a good day there, but im buggered if i can remember much of it. I do remember the snow feeling heavy in lots of places, but i also remember the lift runs being wild.
7. Myoko akakura onsen: i hated this place. Aside a couple of spots it really was the worst day i spent/wasted on my second trip.
8. Ryuoo: Possibly the best day i had this year. Spent two days here, the first was unbelievably good possibly because i didnt know what to expect, the second felt a bit more humdrum as i was probably getting a litle bored with the same run. (for it is really only one run).
9. Shiga kogen: So much variety, but then again so much youd probably end up skipping after youve run it once or twice (and quite a lot around sun valley youll never bother with even the one time). On day 1 i was thinking "if i live in nagano again im probably buying a season ticket here". and by day 2 i was thinking "actually, this probably has less stuff id want to hit than at myoko or hakuba, ill probably just buy the myoko, nozawa, hakuba, shiga ticket instead (oh were there such a thing!)". Yakebitaiyama is probably the only place with serious lines worth riding without resorting to a spot of hiking. But if hiking is your thing then there seems to be more than enough places in the general vicinity youd want to think about hitting. I mean, youre surrounded by the japanese alps here.

There, my season in under 1000 words :)
m00m
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 4:40am
sweet vid ezylee.. i wish i was still there. definitely suffering from post travel depression now haha
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 5:14am
Originally posted by woodyy05

sweet vid ezylee.. i wish i was still there. definitely suffering from post travel depression now haha

i like the vid of shibuya crossing.  when I was there last week, I was there around 4:30pm and it didn't seem like there were that many people... kind of a let down.  It was cool crossing there though.
matic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2011 at 5:36am

i like the vid of shibuya crossing.  when I was there last week, I was there around 4:30pm and it didn't seem like there were that many people... kind of a let down.  It was cool crossing there though.

go after 5-6PM. as cliche as the "sight" might be...it's still pretty amazin.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 3:53am
Originally posted by matic

i left shibuya around 5pm.  They say 6-7am and 6-7pm is the busiest.  But I wasn't going to wait around for an hour just for that.
matic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 4:20am

i left shibuya around 5pm.  They say 6-7am and 6-7pm is the busiest.  But I wasn't going to wait around for an hour just for that.

shouldve peeped the area. plenty to do/see
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 4:39am

i think i got there about 6.30 and it was insane! so glad i went then, a couple of our other mates went about 7 in the morning after going to the fish markets and they said it was a bit of a let down.. guess we timed it pretty much spot on!
superdave141 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote superdave141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 12:42pm
Great short and sweet write up there 'ippollite'. Gives me some more ideas for my next trip.
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2011 at 12:53pm

i've never used a lock at all the places I've been to (haven't been to japan yet... leaving tomorrow!!!).  Maybe I've been lucky.

Besides my local place (which is crappy), I've been to mammoth, vail, aspen, whistler, and a couple resorts in chile.  Although vail/aspen had valet everywhere... and you'd think chile would be bad since snowboard gear is expensive there.  But, I didn't see any locks at all.  Skiers didn't even rack their skis... just left it on the ground (which was annoying).

where are you that you worry about board theft?

Oh no, I was just wondering since theft has increased by a lot according to all those stolen board posts on the forum here.  I've been to Japan so I know it's pretty safe there but I've never gone boarding there so I was wondering if gaijins are up to no good but I guess it's just an issue in the US.
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
TunnelSnake01 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
One Piece Love

Quote TunnelSnake01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2011 at 2:39am

I feel you buddy. I got back a week ago and I'm missing Japan and the snow like crazy. 
Fecking work.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2011 at 5:02am

we were already there for 3 hours.  there actually isn't that much to see/do in shibuya until after dinner...
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2011 at 5:05am

i think i got there about 6.30 and it was insane! so glad i went then, a couple of our other mates went about 7 in the morning after going to the fish markets and they said it was a bit of a let down.. guess we timed it pretty much spot on!

we were in shinjuku around 6-7pm and it really wasn't that bad either.  We were trying to watch the people pushers in the subway.  They were there but didn't do much pushing...
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2011 at 5:07am
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Oh no, I was just wondering since theft has increased by a lot according to all those stolen board posts on the forum here.  I've been to Japan so I know it's pretty safe there but I've never gone boarding there so I was wondering if gaijins are up to no good but I guess it's just an issue in the US.

well i just got back from japan (8 days boarding).  no one uses a lock there.  When I don't use a lock here, I always half expect my board to be missing after I come back out from the lodge.  In japan, I had no such feeling.  It was pretty cool not worrying about stupid things like that.
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2011 at 1:10am
speaking of board thefts, really theres barely any gajins in hakuba.. might not be the same in niseko, but all the westerners (pretty much all australians) i met on the slopes all left there boards unlocked and nobody said anything about stolen gear. i think i saw about 2 locks in my whole 6 days of boarding. you'd have to be super unlucky/have alot of bad karma to get stuff stolen on the slopes in japan from what im saw/heard.
ezylee View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ezylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2011 at 2:40pm
Just made up another video from leftover footage from my Japan trip.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46nf_oGSpvI
::LOW INTENTIONS::
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2011 at 9:16am

speaking of board thefts, really theres barely any gajins in hakuba.. might not be the same in niseko, but all the westerners (pretty much all australians) i met on the slopes all left there boards unlocked and nobody said anything about stolen gear. i think i saw about 2 locks in my whole 6 days of boarding. you'd have to be super unlucky/have alot of bad karma to get stuff stolen on the slopes in japan from what im saw/heard.

i thought there were a lot of gaijin in hakuba???  I was in Niseko and Myoko.  Niseko was all gaijin while Myoko was all japanese.  I only saw about 2-3 caucasians in Myoko.  The rest were all japanese.   

In niseko, they were all Australians... even saw some black people.  Lot's of chinese people too.  
humdingaling View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2011 at 1:47pm

actually i saw quiet a few locks while i was at hirafu
none what so ever at Mowai

saw the most awesome lock while i was there
i couldnt find it at any stores but X_X

one thing i did see lots of was video cameras
so many go pros and contours

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side..
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2011 at 8:38pm
well let me rephrase, there was quite a number of foreigners. but from what everyone had told me before i left that there would be lots of foreigners on the slopes, i was a little bit surprised. maybe it was because i was there out of our holiday season..but i duno..

haha sweeeet lock by the way! guess from what your saying i mustn't have been paying as much attention to locks as i thought
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2011 at 9:40am
Originally posted by humdingaling

actually i saw quiet a few locks while i was at hirafu
none what so ever at Mowai

saw the most awesome lock while i was there
i couldnt find it at any stores but X_X

one thing i did see lots of was video cameras
so many go pros and contours

that's odd.  I didn't really pay that much attention but I found that most of the skis and boards weren't even on racks.  Most were lain on the ground.  I was at hirafu too.

anyway, I'm sure there are people who use locks.  But I didn't notice any.  
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2011 at 1:28pm
not saying there was massive amounts of locks
much less than Aus

mainly just saw like 4 boards locked into one tiny lock kind of thing
LOL

post holiday blues
love rocking up at 10:30 and empty resort!!
Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side..
j31lo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote j31lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2011 at 1:21pm
The impression I got when I was in Hakuba, was the old phrase "when in Rome, do as the Romans do" (or whatever it is)

No one was being disrespectful of other people's property.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote humdingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2011 at 1:29pm
when in rome...do romans Wink

woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2011 at 12:28am
shtook! hope anyone that's over in japan is alright! did you guys feel anything at the mountains? heart goes out to them
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2011 at 5:42am

shtook! hope anyone that's over in japan is alright! did you guys feel anything at the mountains? heart goes out to them

The people I met who worked at Niseko said they were pretty scared.  So ya, the mountains were affected.  Still probably a lot of very nervous people over there since there are still aftershocks not to mention the flooding.  Still very dangerous at the moment.
Nachitox View Drop Down
Local
Local
Nachitox

Quote Nachitox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2011 at 6:44am
Can be avalanches created by the earthquakes?
That'd be terrifying  
Argentinian rider!
matic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2011 at 6:52am
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2011 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Nachitox

Can be avalanches created by the earthquakes?
That'd be terrifying  

yes.  on the news, there was a 6.6 earthquake near nagano which triggered avalaches and mudslides.  

But, I think most ski areas would be safe unless you were in the back country.  And, from what I hear, niseko is running as usual right now.
Japanman View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum
march hiking time

Quote Japanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2011 at 4:56pm
there was an avalanche that clamed 3 lives from the first earth quake on Friday afternoon here in Hakuba,

The ski fields are running at 1/2 speed on the lifts as there are now one here.

Shame as we just got a good 40 50cm up the top of the mountain last night. and good pow!
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2011 at 5:10pm
thats sad to hear. Any info on it?
ETA: I just checked hakuba now on snowjapan and they dont even mention it. :?
m00m
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2011 at 6:22am
Originally posted by ippollite

thats sad to hear. Any info on it?
ETA: I just checked hakuba now on snowjapan and they dont even mention it. :?

I haven't heard of any deaths from hakuba either.  But, it is pretty chaotic in japan and there could be conflicting reports.
Nachitox View Drop Down
Local
Local
Nachitox

Quote Nachitox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2011 at 5:53am
Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think except the affected area, and the radiation issues, the rest of Japan is working like nothing happened. 
Rephrasing, there's normal activity in the rest of the country, right?
Argentinian rider!
t1npbo9 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote t1npbo9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2011 at 6:17am
that's not true. many parts of japan are having black outs to conserve energy as their nuclear reactor failed to generate electricity.
steezmastaflex View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote steezmastaflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2011 at 6:18am
^^^uhhh I'm pretty sure the whole country in still in emergency crisis mode because of the amount of destruction. No, the rest of Japan is not functioning like nothing happened...why would you assume that?
matic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2011 at 6:35am
Originally posted by Nachitox

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think except the affected area, and the radiation issues, the rest of Japan is working like nothing happened. 
Rephrasing, there's normal activity in the rest of the country, right?

it's def not to the point where the nation is working like nothing happened. tokyo is running pretty smooth but with some limited train service and some power cuts. you will see more normalcy the further south you go.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2011 at 2:01am
I think he means its not going quite as mental as western media reports would indicate (radiation clouds coming to destroy tokyo; mass evacuations; no food; no electricity; dogs and cats living together...) And from what i gather its generally correct. Theres a great deal of story manufacture going on from people who probably should know better. Even the BBC, that legendary source of information has been driving me insane with its hypotheticals, qualifiers, and exaggerations.
m00m
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>