Share/Save/Bookmark Page  <1 678910>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
grunge View Drop Down
Local
Local
Thinkingman

Online Status: Offline
  Quote grunge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Japan 2011- info
    Posted: Feb/05/2011 at 3:44am
Koji: DAYAM dude.. 1 day... ah well... can't do much.

Sheepz, I just added you on facespace.... also I will prolly be visiting happo1... so that's kewl. =)
Will plan stuff when I'm ready... and will let you know. =) 
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2011 at 3:41pm
wooooooop just checked mountain watch - snowing monday,wed,thur,fri,sat!!
ezylee View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ezylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2011 at 7:05pm
Yaaar, looking good! Not massive snow falls though.. just little top ups. It will be good to see what is following on from Saturday the 12th.

Just packed my board bag then with all my gear... crap is getting real.
::LOW INTENTIONS::
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2011 at 10:28pm
shtook yer, crap is looking heaps good! 
Can't wait for this trip!!! 1 more sleep to go!!! 
If only Queensland had snow...
sheepz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sheepz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2011 at 1:40am
yeah i'm getting pretty excited, don't leave for a few days yet i'm 98% packed lol

looks like it's going to snow before i get there :), i'll be there around friday mid day so might hit up some night ski'ing or drinking :)
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2011 at 3:06am
i'm off to the airport in 3 hours sooo shtooking excited its ridiculous!
sheepz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sheepz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2011 at 8:48pm
hopefully catch up with ya woody, start doing your powder dance so when i get there, we have a xtra 1m :)
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2011 at 9:10pm
so i leave the country and furano decides to snow huh? Thats it furano, friends we are no more!
m00m
sheepz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sheepz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2011 at 10:55pm
just checked the snow report, looks like fri - sunday is SNOW !!! looks like about 30 plus cm hope it's wrong and its more like 60 cm
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 4:42am
Originally posted by sheepz

just checked the snow report, looks like fri - sunday is SNOW !!! looks like about 30 plus cm hope it's wrong and its more like 60 cm

OMG.  that is shtooking perfect.  I am getting in on sunday and boarding on monday!!!!!!  I will be happy with 30+ cm... that is almost a foot of pow...  and in some places it will likely be MORE due to wind!!!  I am so stoked right now.
gravey View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote gravey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by mech9t5

OMG.  that is shtooking perfect.  I am getting in on sunday and boarding on monday!!!!!!  I will be happy with 30+ cm... that is almost a foot of pow...  and in some places it will likely be MORE due to wind!!!  I am so stoked right now.

Its looking pretty good - there is a low sitting way south of where it usually sits over Hokkaido. Tokyo may actually snow....hell even Osaka is prediciting daytime temps under 5 degrees celsius!!!

Probably be some rain before the cold air hits, but Hakuba could very well get 120cm out of this system I have been told!

Unfortuantly I will be sight-seeing from the 13th to the 19th, however my weather guru mate tells me it looks good again around the 21st! lets hope it matches this upcoming system and I dont miss out!!!
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 6:24pm
so er, lets just say that jejuair does a flight from seoul to nagoya for about 300,000 won. And lets just say that i can get my charlie split for about 40,000 yen (so really the charlie wont be getting much use). Lets also say i have a week off around some time in the next 2 weeks. And lets just say i have 1 extra board i can bring with me to myoko/nozawa/hakuba.2 questions: 1. Should i? and 2. Which would you bring... sierrascope, bataleon airobic, or the quiver killer? They all make a claim.

The sierrascope because its pow i hope.
The quiver killer because it is utterly stable and seems to have the most all mountain potential.
The airobic because its rad fun.
m00m
dongypro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote dongypro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2011 at 9:31pm
Hi guys, I'm looking to go to Niseko at the end of the year possibly around December 18th ish when the offices are closed. Would this period be a good time to go?

Also, if anyone has been recently, I'm planning to fly Korean air (I have tonnes of mileage with them) and land via stop over in Seoul then fly to Hokkaido airport (Chitose CTS) then bus it to Niseko. I got quoted about 1500$ for the return ticket. What are the fellow jetstar flyers paying for their flights?

Also, if you have any recommendations for accommodation around the mid range with 1 bed western style, that would be awesomeeeeeeeee!

Cheers
sheepz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sheepz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 12:52am
hey ippy, dunno about you but i always try get as much snow time as i can get, mainly because Aussie season is below avg compared to the rest of the world and i;d take your scope mainly because thats what im riding now :)
Ausved View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote Ausved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 1:08am
ippy I'll be in hakuba from the 13-21st! If you come would be sweet to go for a ride. Im taking my sierrascope and my reverse crew! Sed me a message if your keen
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 1:12am
Wooah 120cm. That is just amazing. Cannot wait for this weekends dump!
STRICK-9 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote STRICK-9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 1:21am
Dang...to think I was that close to going this year but pulled out because of the mild year they had.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 1:52am
im actually leaning more on the quiver killer in truth. I dunno, but of all the boards ive been rocking this year, that one kinda slipped in right at the end there and made its mark. Theres something about it that i just cant put my finger on, and im pretty sure its because the board needs a bit of time to get used to (so i probably didnt give it a fair shout early on in my trip).

I have this nagging feeling that when you do get on top of it, it will wreck anything, :) I know its a bit of a wishy washy description, but the board feels really powerful... like if you can hit whatever youre doing just-so, itll take off.

I forget sometimes that its called a quiver killer for a reason :)

So yeah, chances are if i turn up ill probably be on that.

And if im in hakuba of course ill meet up! Lets getting trollied in tracks :)
m00m
matic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 2:26am
so i went to check out ogawa-machi today. that place is beyond anything i could've imagined! super megapolis of snowboard gear, every brand and every gear you can think of. there's no way anywhere in the world has so many snowboard shops after shops lined up like that!!! Shocked
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 3:07am
Made it to japan!!! In hakuba now, as i type this. Hitting up the mountain with a friend. We will both be wearing Orange top and black pants. I\ll be rocking a flow verve with acid rome 390.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 5:51am
Originally posted by gravey

Originally posted by mech9t5

Its looking pretty good - there is a low sitting way south of where it usually sits over Hokkaido. Tokyo may actually snow....hell even Osaka is prediciting daytime temps under 5 degrees celsius!!!

Probably be some rain before the cold air hits, but Hakuba could very well get 120cm out of this system I have been told!

Unfortuantly I will be sight-seeing from the 13th to the 19th, however my weather guru mate tells me it looks good again around the 21st! lets hope it matches this upcoming system and I dont miss out!!!

that's awesome.  I'm going to be hitting myoko and hakuba 21-23 so I don't mind 120cm of snow there...  
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 8:43pm
being the obnoxious jerk that i am i have another 10 days of vacation left (and stretched out over the weekend that takes it to 12 :))

So assuming i can get a nice cheap flight to nagoya, ill probably be making a trip to nagano sometime late next week :) Got the vacation booked, just need to sort it all out now... but what to do? what to do?
m00m
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 10:45pm
Was snowing today when i woke. So awesome.
Had a blast at Hakuba Goryu today!!!
seefarr View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote seefarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2011 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by ippolite

being the obnoxious jerk that i am i have another 10 days of vacation left (and stretched out over the weekend that takes it to 12 :))

So assuming i can get a nice cheap flight to nagoya, ill probably be making a trip to nagano sometime late next week :) Got the vacation booked, just need to sort it all out now... but what to do? what to do?

Myoko. You know you want to.
I'll be there from the 13th (Sunday!) with the missus and got some other friends coming on the 20th till the 5th. You're welcome to ride/booze with us.    
stx133 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote stx133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 1:01am
Spent some time in Japan a couple of years ago, great place and great people, Got some respect for their culture, different and interesting. They have no desire (as a culture) to be westernised. Very different to most of the other asian countries i had been to, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Fiji, Thailand, Malaysia & Singapore.
sheepz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sheepz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 1:30am
don't you just hate the wait.... leaving tomor at 3:30 for hak :) can't wait, even thinking about extending my time from the 20th for a few more days but see how i go over there
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 3:15am
If youre in and around nagano, i think you need to have a wee look at this thread:

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/349479/Ryuoo_Ski_Park_hidden_gem.html#Post349479

I reckon il be hitting this place up for a couple of days :)
m00m
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 8:10pm
I owe each and every person on this site an apology.

I failed to understand shiga kogen.

I thought it was a stack of resorts all within easy reach of each other, but requiring a bit of a drive to reach them all.

I was wrong.

Bring forth the map!

(or slightly less cluttery)

and a picture to make you sick:

So er sorry to anyone who thought "i want to go to shiga, but ipps says you probably need a car, and i dont have one so ill hang about in hakuba with all the other bogans!"

Sorry dudes.

Tell you what, as a penance, ill only spend a day or two on myoko, and a day or three at ryuoo, and instead spend most of my time at shiga kogen finding out all about it for you.

Still, i havent seen accommodation below 6000 yen per night. The place bites you right in the wallet though. Might have to commute from nagano every day :)
m00m
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 8:13pm
oh all right, heres another pic:

both from here:
http://forums.ski.com.au/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1208883

(credit to original uploader).
m00m
bugsbunnymydad View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Quote bugsbunnymydad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by ippollite

If youre in and around nagano, i think you need to have a wee look at this thread:

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/349479/Ryuoo_Ski_Park_hidden_gem.html#Post349479

I reckon il be hitting this place up for a couple of days :)

I been there and it's a pretty nice place. The bottom part of the mountain is pretty weak and lame but it gets better after you take the huge gondola (fits like a hundred people) up the mountain. Pretty nice runs up there and some places for you to go off the runs. There is one LONG and STEEP black diamond run... Fell on my butt quite a few times down that. Sucky thing is you gotta take the huge gondola back up after the run. (which kinda shows you how long the run is) The gondola runs every 15 minutes or so ...can't remember.

Good thing about this resort is that it's not very crowded. And little to no foreigners...last time I was there.
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 8:27pm
i dont suppose you found some dirt cheap accommodation? Everything is insanely pricey!
m00m
AyChan87 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Snowboarding

Quote AyChan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 9:04pm
wow those pics look epic! so much white!
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Quote bugsbunnymydad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2011 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by ippollite

i dont suppose you found some dirt cheap accommodation? Everything is insanely pricey!

Nope...there aren't too many places to stay if I remember correctly but those are all the ones that are right on the mountain. Place I stayed at was a 20 second walk to the first lift. I didn't really look for anything outside or not too close to the resort. I'm sure there's SOMETHING...there's always someplace cheap for one reason or another.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 5:19am
damn.  those pics are getting me even more excited to go... leaving for japan on sat!

I'm not even gonna be greedy... I just want ONE insane powder day.  That's all I ask...
Piranha View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Piranha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 8:53am
yeah, that last picture is the bomb...one word comes to mind:  Foooph!
Angry Midget Yo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Tailpress at Mammoth!

Quote Angry Midget Yo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 10:07am
Just out of curiosity, does Japan resorts (both native and foreign catered) have any issues with board theft?  I'm pretty sure they wouldn't considering I've seen elderly old ladies carrying ziplock bags full of money walking around with no worries, but you know them foreigners are up to no good!  LOL 
Sessions sucks hairy monkey balls, the end.
sheepz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sheepz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 11:17pm
hey all, finally made it to hakuba, im 5min walk from happo one lifts.
im here til the 20th, and im here solo so if you want to chat up for some drinks or runs let me kno here or add me on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/woody005/posts/500571877804#!/profile.php?id=587323580
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2011 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Angry Midget Yo

Just out of curiosity, does Japan resorts (both native and foreign catered) have any issues with board theft?  I'm pretty sure they wouldn't considering I've seen elderly old ladies carrying ziplock bags full of money walking around with no worries, but you know them foreigners are up to no good!  LOL 
Hmm well at Hakuba 47 and Goryu every seems to be leaving their boards and skies laying around unlocked. I think ive seen 4-5 locks including my own.

On a different note I saw a guy in yellow pants with a Sierra stunt ripping it up in the 47 snowpark. So jealous of your moves.
mech9t5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote mech9t5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2011 at 1:55am

i've never used a lock at all the places I've been to (haven't been to japan yet... leaving tomorrow!!!).  Maybe I've been lucky.

Besides my local place (which is crappy), I've been to mammoth, vail, aspen, whistler, and a couple resorts in chile.  Although vail/aspen had valet everywhere... and you'd think chile would be bad since snowboard gear is expensive there.  But, I didn't see any locks at all.  Skiers didn't even rack their skis... just left it on the ground (which was annoying).

where are you that you worry about board theft?
Instructor
Instructor
daddy

Quote bugsbunnymydad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2011 at 3:09am

Theft is pretty rare in Japan but I personally still use a lock everywhere I go but none of my friends use them when leaving a board during lunch break or a toilet break. No one has ever had anything stolen. It's pretty crazy...I see brand new customs/joysticks/lipsticks and high end salomon boards all the time unlocked.

But if the place your staying doesn't have a board locker, then I do suggest you use one if you have to store it in one of those communal board storage areas overnight. Again, many of my friends don't and I've never heard of a board being stolen... but it's better safe than sorry. I don't want to be racist/stereotypical but... there are more foreigners on the slopes and it's definitely more common among foreigners. You can leave a wallet on the train in Japan and have it returned to you the next day (usually...) but i'm guessing that's not the case in most countries.
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2011 at 1:41am
Hakuba is looking very good for tomorrow! Been snowing heavily all arvo and doesn't look like stopping!
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2011 at 1:49am
Originally posted by woodyy05

Hakuba is looking very good for tomorrow! Been snowing heavily all arvo and doesn't look like stopping!
Gahhh so lucky that its snowing!!! So wish i was here for another day!!!
Last day at the snow was awesome. Unfortunately didnt really get to ride with anyone from TruSnow Hitup the park for a bit followed by some peak to bottom runs. So fun.
Landed a few jumps off a 3m kicker, one jump really felt good. Although i probably got crap all air. :D its only my 6th day on snow ever, dont judge me too much.

Ohh and there was a chick at the 47 park who threw down a few sick tricks including a backflip with a bit of rotation to it (not sure on the technical names), Everyone on the lift, including myself were amazed and all shouted.
matic View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2011 at 6:46am
Originally posted by koji3

Originally posted by woodyy05

Gahhh so lucky that its snowing!!! So wish i was here for another day!!!
Last day at the snow was awesome. Unfortunately didnt really get to ride with anyone from TruSnow Hitup the park for a bit followed by some peak to bottom runs. So fun.
Landed a few jumps off a 3m kicker, one jump really felt good. Although i probably got crap all air. :D its only my 6th day on snow ever, dont judge me too much.

Ohh and there was a chick at the 47 park who threw down a few sick tricks including a backflip with a bit of rotation to it (not sure on the technical names), Everyone on the lift, including myself were amazed and all shouted.

the ladies at niseko are MEGA on point. never seen such concentration of such dope park riders that kill. (at least not in EK...) esp the girls! Heart
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2011 at 7:13am
Im voting hakuba. 47 park riders are crazy good.

But on much more pressing issues:

ipps has most of his stuff booked now:

Date - riding - sleeping

17th:- Travel        - ???
18th:- ???           - Myoko (mont Cervin)
19th:- Myoko        - Myoko
20th:- Myoko        - Myoko
21st:- ???           - ???
22nd:- ???           - Yudanaka (Shimaya hostel)
23rd:- Shiga Kogen   - Yudanaka
24th:- Shiga Kogen   - Yudanaka
25th:- Shiga Kogen   - yudanaka
26th:- Shiga Kogen   - ???
27th:- Travel        - Home.    

The 18th is very likely to be myoko, but may end up at hakuba for dropping off the charlie. Still undecided on that so kept the 17th free. The 21st and 22nd is very likely Ryuoo. thats plan A, but finidng accommodation there isnt all that easy. If i fail to find resort based accommodation (which would suck), i might just try kipping in nagano and taking the bus both days. Failing that, ill find a place in nozawa i reckon and go ride there instead :)

So er yeah, if youre about ill be the guy that looks like a complete gibbon :)
m00m
sheepz View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote sheepz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2011 at 8:14pm
since i`ve been here, only rode at Happo one, mainly because its 5 min walk to the lift :), had a crazy pow day yesterday about 20cm, found some sick knee hight pow runs.

I think i`ll be sticking to happo one for most my trip, as i keep finding new lines through trees, which i rode with a local yesterday arvo who took me on some crazy lines.
meant to get around 15 plus cm over night, so can`t wait to hitup these new lines, lol but hard to find people to join me as 99% of japs won`t touch the pow which i guess is a good thing ha.

might even hitup the parks soon.. but been finding way too many great natural booters and drop offs, cept one is about 1m that drops to a flat arsed cat trail.

found a sick run from top to bot that i made up, which is about 12mins of hard riding and 3 lifts and 25mins later lol but the pow is worth it.

Def coming back to hak next year, this place is off tap hands down recommand it to anyone who loves pow
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2011 at 6:53am
dont forget that cortina is the big dump of the area. At least make one trip there. i always fail and every time have people saying "ipps dude! best day of riding ever!" which makes me SICK!!! And not sick good. Sick sick
m00m
koji3 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koji3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2011 at 1:30am
I hear Cortina is the best for powder and tree runs. 
Bummed i only had 4days on snow and would loved to try out the other slopes. 
woodyy05 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote woodyy05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2011 at 11:00pm
We got to cortina on a pow day but they closed off almost half the resort. See you later 6000 yen can charge and half a day of riding!!
hayato619 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote hayato619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2011 at 11:11pm
damn... this thread is awesome...

i was talking with some ppl in chat about doing this:

http://alaskahelicopterskiing.com/nisekojapan.html

anyone down? hahah
ippollite View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote ippollite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2011 at 11:23pm
way out of my level, but would obviously love to at soem point.

So got to play on myoko for the first time in 2 years. I tell you im as happy as a pig in crap :) Sat at akakan all day and rode endless untracked powder. Sure, tomorrow will suck because the crowds are going to pile in for the weekend (and especially since its a dump tonight), but i got at least one day of fun and mischief in the trees. I guess when i was there last i wasnt really confident in trees, so its nice to see just how much more fun the area is with them :)

Honestly, i could spend a week here happily exploring. I may not even make it to seki this time either just because its swimmming in powder right now so why bother going to a smaller resort just because it has stacks of pow.

If anyones around ill probably be at suginohara tomorrow, then ryuoo on sunday and finally akakan again on monday.
m00m
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>