Share/Save/Bookmark Page  123 20>

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Migoo View Drop Down
Local
Local
Heaven

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Migoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official Frankenbinder Thread
    Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 4:57pm
^ I want to go to there... Nice.
Krazylegz1485 View Drop Down
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 3:39pm
My latest:

http://thench.com/garage/
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by goalieman24

Those totally look factory.  Nice work.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2013 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Sintexo

I dont think the stage 2 and stage 3 heelcups can be interchanged.  I could be wrong though

You know I just had a pair of stage 3's here at the house a couple weeks ago and I took tore them almost completely down to see if I could swap them.  The stage 3 cups have a little tapered cut at the end that sticks down into the baseplates, similar to the Contact heel cups. 

They seemed to slide into the stage 2 base but were quite a bit snugger when trying to slide them into the grooves where they actually go into the baseplates.  Almost like the material of the stage 3 cups was slightly thicker than the stage 2.  I didn't wanna force the issue because I didn't plan on keeping them and also modifying the ends to fit.

I think if you really wanted to make them go in, one could probably make it happen.  But they're just heelcups.  And not like the stage 3's have anything super sought after on the heelcups (unlike the Team & SuperPro highbacks).
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2013 at 7:29am
I dont think the stage 2 and stage 3 heelcups can be interchanged.  I could be wrong though
goalieman24 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote goalieman24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2013 at 7:05am
Got a little bored and played around with a pair of Atlas' and new Forces. Not a huge fan of some of the wild franks on here, but I like the more subtle look. Happy with how the Atlas pair ended up, kind of look like they could've come that way. The Forces are just kind of bleh.. still need a little bit of help. Would like to get some purple side trim pieces as well as the trim on the highback, maybe a different footbed?
Think I should swap the purple and white heel pieces?

dpboarder98 View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote dpboarder98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 12:17pm
Still need M/L ankle straps, any color. Got red L/XL ankle straps to trade.
Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 11:39am
Anybody have some Union Stage 3 baseplates in M/L they'd be willing to sell or trade?
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2013 at 8:45am
Originally posted by derbytownjoe

Originally posted by gsoccer04

Is this size difference you have also noticeable with the width of the boots/Baseplate? I have large missions and a similar issue.. I was directed here by you actually and am in the process of saving some pocket change to purchase some medium straps..

the other day while riding i noticed my boot seemed almost too slim for the footbed... It didn't have any effect on my riding/stance/ etc as far as i know... and with no weird feelings...

of course the baseplate is a bit wider, but like i said, as long as you're strapped in snuggly, i find it fairly negligible.

though i do find it easier to get my boot in and out of compared to the M baseplates... 

You guys have it lucky, I wish my baseplate was a little wider actually.  My DC Park boots fit just fine but my ZF1's get pinched at the heel a little bit.  And I agree with DTJ, the width of the baseplate does not make any noticeable difference once you're fully strapped in.  I've had small profile boots in my larger Ride Betas without any issues with shifting.
Check out my channel & SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/fj5
derbytownjoe View Drop Down
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 10:20am
Originally posted by gsoccer04

Is this size difference you have also noticeable with the width of the boots/Baseplate? I have large missions and a similar issue.. I was directed here by you actually and am in the process of saving some pocket change to purchase some medium straps..

the other day while riding i noticed my boot seemed almost too slim for the footbed... It didn't have any effect on my riding/stance/ etc as far as i know... and with no weird feelings...

of course the baseplate is a bit wider, but like i said, as long as you're strapped in snuggly, i find it fairly negligible.

though i do find it easier to get my boot in and out of compared to the M baseplates... 
Im Himmel gibt's kein Bier, drum trinken wir es hier.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2013 at 10:00am
My sz small Burton C60 EST toe caps kept sliding off my new boots so I got some sz medium Cartel replacements.  Fit awesome and match the Vapor nicely. Tongue

Thanks for the link DTJ!

gsoccer04 View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote gsoccer04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2013 at 6:53pm

[QUOTE=derbytownjoe]

ok, so i rode my 'lolo with the C02s today.... TOTALLY better with the Med straps!
the side-to-side with my smaller boot was even very negligible, though it is an L binder!
worked quite a treat!

Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2013 at 10:10am

ok, so i rode my 'lolo with the C02s today.... TOTALLY better with the Med straps!

the side-to-side with my smaller boot was even very negligible, though it is an L binder!

worked quite a treat!
Local
Local

Quote dpboarder98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2013 at 11:51am
Well it turns out L/XL ankle straps are too big so I need some M/L force ankle straps, any color. I have red L/XL ankle straps to trade or I can just buy the straps.
fj5 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor
Fly DC!

Quote fj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2013 at 10:01pm
Since I really love my Burton C60 EST toe caps, I decided to swap them with the ones on my Ride Beta MVMNT. 

Not the best colour matching but whatever. LOL

Local
Local

Quote dpboarder98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2012 at 8:49am
The oval shaped trim on the highback is plastic. Its held on by these little prongs on the piece of plastic that pop into holes in the highback. You can just take a flathead screwdriver or something like that and still it under and pry it up. When you want to put it back on just line it up and push it on.
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote goalieman24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2012 at 3:28pm
Question for those who swap the trim pieces on the highbacks...

how is it attached and reattached?
It seems like the foam piece is held on by some sort of adhesive, so can it just get peeled off and then stuck back on?
What about the oval-shaped trim on the backside(force highbacks)? Seems more plastic-y and would come off easier... is it held on by adhesive?

Just trying to get an idea of what's going on before I go tearing into things.
Local
Local

Quote dpboarder98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2012 at 6:42am
Anyone have any L/XL force parts? I STILL havent found any
Expert Members
Expert Members

Quote derbytownjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2012 at 1:41pm
figrured id post here instead of making another thread..... Wink

anyways.... my problem... i have size 10.5/28.5 boots....
they fit in burton M bindings wonderfully, but when i had to choose binders(CO2s) last time, all that was available was L....

the problem is that the straps are too long and wont snug down enough....

to fix the problem, i ordered size M straps, though all that was available were cartel straps..... whatever...

on to the pics....

straps too long, cant snug down....

side-by-side of L and M straps.....
ankle straps

toe straps

after swapping them out for the M Cartel straps.....

Local
Local

Quote dpboarder98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2012 at 1:04pm
Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on this/tried it. I heard about doing it somewhere, but Im not sure if I want to. I was going to take my old force toe straps with the fabric through them and cutting that fabric out. I figured it would make the toe strap go over the toe better. Opinions?

And still looking for L/XL force parts
woodhomie1996 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2012 at 8:16am
All done
These are the bindings I used to ride back in the early 2000's (minus the Freestyle toe straps)

Sintexo View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote Sintexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2012 at 11:40am
Looking for black pterry footbeds, and Atlas baseplates, both M/L
Local
Local

Quote dpboarder98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2012 at 10:37am
Still looking for L/XL force parts to trade for white parts.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2012 at 4:21am
Bought some Burton Freestyle toe straps and Burton ratchets for my Burton Franken CFX project.

vicente View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote vicente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2012 at 9:56pm
hey I'm going to be ordering a pair of 2013 forces XL  I only want the ankle straps off them. selling the rest brand new un-ridden for 90$ shipped. Any takers you can pick the color not a real big fan of purple though, it you want contacts instead that's fine too. anyways 90$ for bindings minus the ankle straps, I will prob keep those two ratchets as well pm me if interested.
Instructor
Instructor

Quote woodhomie1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2012 at 11:22am
Looking for black Burton ankle straps and black Burton cap straps size medium
Local
Local

Quote dpboarder98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2012 at 5:17am
Those look great, Krazy.
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2012 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Krazylegz1485

Originally posted by Krazylegz1485

Still got one project on the burners and I'm hoping that it gets wrapped up sometime soon.  Getting kinda antsy in my pantsy to see them when they're finished.  Involves a little work I can't do myself, so I'm crossing my fingers that they come back to me looking sweet.

Finally got the pieces back.  Got both highback inserts glued together and had enough misc. nuts/bolts on hand to throw one together temporarily.

Damn.  11 months later and I finally get around to finishing them.  Posted pics in the Union thread but figured I'd go here as well.

Local
Local

Quote dpboarder98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 6:39am
Alright cool thanks
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote goalieman24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2012 at 4:24am
Anyone interested in trading for some L/XL black force parts? Thinking about picking up a cheap pair locally, wouldn't want to keep them all black though.

PMing you dpboarder..
Local
Local

Quote dpboarder98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2012 at 5:26am
Anybody have any L/XL force parts? I have white parts to trade.
Local
Local

Quote dpboarder98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2012 at 12:44pm
Still looking for L/XL parts
Local
Local

Quote dpboarder98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2012 at 11:17am
Well I finally ordered some forces and its time for me to make some frankens. Looking for any L/XL force parts other than white. Thanks
DanDan View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote DanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2012 at 12:13pm
Didn't even know this thread existed...

Need M/L bindings/parts badly. Message me.
RideTimeless View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote RideTimeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2012 at 9:58am
Originally posted by dpboarder98

Hey guys. This may sound like a noob question but, I was wondering if someone could tell me the difference between forces and the force sl. Like if force highbacks fit on force sl's and vice versa.

Just google it.  SL has a cored out base = slightly lighter.

force highbacks fit on force sl's and vice versa = yes, they are interchangeable.
Did you google it?
Local
Local

Quote dpboarder98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2012 at 10:59am
Hey guys. This may sound like a noob question but, I was wondering if someone could tell me the difference between forces and the force sl. Like if force highbacks fit on force sl's and vice versa.
thisisjoebro View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote thisisjoebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2012 at 3:51pm
Does anyone have any black union contact/flite heel cups? I want black but other colors could work.
broke_folk View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote broke_folk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2012 at 8:56am
anyone have black Highbacks?
OzSnow View Drop Down
Lift Op.
Lift Op.

Quote OzSnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2012 at 6:05pm
LF

A complete set of Rome 390 Frakenbindings or union force frakenbindings
Local
Local

Quote broke_folk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 8:23am
Originally posted by broke_folk

Looking for:
Black or grey highbacks
Black Force ankle straps
toe straps

need highbacks
here is what I have for trade:

Red Force straps L/XL
ReUnion straps L/XL

ReUnion highbacks
Local
Local

Quote broke_folk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2012 at 9:19am
Looking for:
Black or grey highbacks
Black Force ankle straps
toe straps

ishidamoo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ishidamoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2012 at 1:52pm
Looking for atlas or contact pro highbacks.
robsta View Drop Down
Local
Local

Quote robsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2012 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by luv2shred

Does anyone want a pair of brand new 2012 force sl highbacks?
How much you asking and do you have pics?

Originally posted by Sintexo

My new bindings.  Thanks robsta for picking up the airblasters for me.

No problem those turned out sick!
koyota93 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koyota93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2012 at 1:12pm
Looking for forward lean adjusters for Atlas backs.
Local
Local

Quote broke_folk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2012 at 6:47am
let's Bump this.

Looking for Force Highbacks in black, ankle strap M/L in black, & toe straps in black with all of the hardware (ratchets, ladders, etc etc.

What I have
Picture bump
Cadets L/XL w/all hardware. Would like to trade while set.
ankle Ratchets a lil flimsy, but functional.

Red Force straps
ReUnion straps
Button Gettagrip straps (L)

ReUnion highbacks
ishidamoo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ishidamoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2012 at 11:59am
Getting desperate. I just want highbacks! Message me if you have any you're willing to sell
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2012 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by koyota93

Originally posted by Jigkidd

that's actually the order from the ones I like the most to the ones I like the least.
I basically like all of them except for the pbr colorway, beer is cool, but i just am not a fan of that colorway, but if I found a deal on them or something I figure I could always just dye them or paint them.
Hey Aoki,
If you end up finding the PBR ones, don't dye them. I'll buy them off you.

I was actually going to say something similar.  That'd be like finding a really rare painting and painting over it because you didn't like the picture.
koyota93 View Drop Down
Instructor
Instructor

Quote koyota93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2012 at 9:56am

Originally posted by luv2shred

I really love those footbeds.
I'm thinking about calling c3 for some highbacks, but I'm not sure which ones I want.
One of the new ones for sure, so either:
DK
Holden
Ultrafear
atlas team
PBR

Atlas team or holden no doubt.

that's actually the order from the ones I like the most to the ones I like the least.
I basically like all of them except for the pbr colorway, beer is cool, but i just am not a fan of that colorway, but if I found a deal on them or something I figure I could always just dye them or paint them.
Hey Aoki,
If you end up finding the PBR ones, don't dye them. I'll buy them off you.
ishidamoo View Drop Down
Ski Bum
Ski Bum

Quote ishidamoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2012 at 8:14am
Still looking for Atlas, contact pro, or contact highbacks to complete my setup... pm me if you have any
Local
Local
Trollin' Ain't Easy

Quote Krazylegz1485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2012 at 4:48pm
Bump.

Anybody still into this?  I've gotta admit, my Franken days are extremely lacking as of late.  New career path hasn't left much for free time and extra funds seem to go to other things lately.  That and it's hard to score a sweet deal on a pair of bindings these days.

Anybody got anything going currently?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>